Text Size

The Rumble Room

Terrell Gausha

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Terrell Gausha

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Terrell Gausha should be fighting in the next 15-20 min. You can watch it online, and maybe CNBC.

He is fighting some reality TV star from india. I guess in India this guy is a really big deal.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Terrell Gausha

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Lightweight Jose Ramirez just lost, its been a bad week for american boxers , hopefully Terrell can turn the tide.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Govbarney wrote:Lightweight Jose Ramirez just lost, its been a bad week for american boxers , hopefully Terrell can turn the tide.

Brutal few days of boxing.

Nice 13 year run for Phelps though, eh? My God. What a machine.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Govbarney wrote:Lightweight Jose Ramirez just lost, its been a bad week for american boxers , hopefully Terrell can turn the tide.

Brutal few days of boxing.

Nice 13 year run for Phelps though, eh? My God. What a machine.

6 of the 9 USA male boxers are already out before quarter finals.
Swerb might not like this opinion , but I blame the growth of MMA for the downfall of USA boxing.

Its only a matter of time before MMA is a olympic sport. Hell it wouldnt supprise me if its one by the time we get the Rio games, seeing as how MMA is so popular down in Brazil.
They will have to dumb it down a bit however, I cant see them fighting in a cage in the olympics.

As far as Phelps goes I dont know how you can't argue that he is one of if not the greatest olympian of all time.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:14 pm

:::Spoiler Alert:::

The 5-5 score in the second round was BULL SHIT!

Terrell nailed him with a right hook, it was the hit of the fight , seeing it in replay I am supprised that the Indian fighter (who refers to him self with 1 name , and had the crowed on his back) wasnt knocked out. The Indian guy hardly had any solid contact that round.

I have no complaints with the scoring in the 1st , and 3rd round , but Terrell got hosed in the 2nd.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

NBC analyst Teddy Atlas:

"I thought (Gausha) was another casualty of this inept, corrupt thing we call Olympic boxing,"
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:42 pm

I watched the fight three more times , and I can say without a doubt he was robbed. At first I thought he won the second round, but tied the third , after reviewing, it is painfully obvious that he won the third as well. And if you score it simply on punches landed , he should have won the third round by at least two points.

And as for that second round , well my first impression was he won it 6-4. But after further review it's obvious it was 7-3.
Such a joke.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Return to The Rumble Room