Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dark Knight Rises

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dark Knight Rises

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Dont rush out to see it.

It was solid but it wasn't better than Batman Begins and nowhere near the Drak Knight.

The first 45 mins are great, the middle is a mess, and the ending was good but had nowhere near the intensity or suspense of that of the ending of the Dark Knight.

I'd say more but dont want to add spoilers and ruin it for anybody
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Couldn't disagree more. Truly enjoyed the flick, was on the edge of my seat the entire way. The plot shifts/devices and the different storylines really kept the movie fresh, imo.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Couldn't disagree more. Truly enjoyed the flick, was on the edge of my seat the entire way. The plot shifts/devices and the different storylines really kept the movie fresh, imo.

Agreed. Great finale to the trilogy. Bane was truly menacing whenever he was on screen and more than held his own as a villain in the shadow of The Joker.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Batman is a stiff.

I'll wait for the blu-ray.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Seeing it Tuesday (first day the wife and I can get someone to watch the kids). I've been trying to stay in the dark as much as possible, but I'm a little pissed at some soon-to-be deleted Facebook "friends" who couldn't help but spoil some pretty big plot points, particularly about the ending and some of the supporting characters. I guess that's what I get for scanning the news feed on Facebook.

Oh well...I might know the ending, but I've still got no idea what happens for 95% of the movie. I guess that means I can beat the rush out to the johns afterward.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Couldn't disagree more. Truly enjoyed the flick, was on the edge of my seat the entire way. The plot shifts/devices and the different storylines really kept the movie fresh, imo.

all the plot twists were too predictable to make it really suspenseful
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:Seeing it Tuesday (first day the wife and I can get someone to watch the kids). I've been trying to stay in the dark as much as possible, but I'm a little pissed at some soon-to-be deleted Facebook "friends" who couldn't help but spoil some pretty big plot points, particularly about the ending and some of the supporting characters. I guess that's what I get for scanning the news feed on Facebook.

Oh well...I might know the ending, but I've still got no idea what happens for 95% of the movie. I guess that means I can beat the rush out to the johns afterward.

wouldnt have mattered you would have figured out what was going to happen pretty easily
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Adverb Harry wrote:Seeing it Tuesday (first day the wife and I can get someone to watch the kids). I've been trying to stay in the dark as much as possible, but I'm a little pissed at some soon-to-be deleted Facebook "friends" who couldn't help but spoil some pretty big plot points, particularly about the ending and some of the supporting characters. I guess that's what I get for scanning the news feed on Facebook.

wouldnt have mattered you would have figured out what was going to happen pretty easily

In my case, that's actually oddly comforting!
Adverb Harry

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:46 am

Saw this Sat night. Was a littel irritated that they tried to make Bane's voice so intimidating that you can't understand half of what he says. Also sounded too much like Sean Connery from Finding Forrester at times.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 am

Overall, I thought the movie was excellent and easily rivaled The Dark Knight in terms of sheer enjoyability. Bane was a complete badass and it was cool how they adapted a certain scene almost perfectly from the comic book. His voice was hard to understand from time to time, but I liked how it was done. Nolan certainly knows how grab the audiences attention right from the get-go and Dark Knight Rises was no exception. When I watch movies I turn my brain off and don't try to guess at everything thats going to happen. In that context it made the plot twists and the general flow of the movie very exciting/unexpected for me personally. Interesting to see where things go from here....
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:Overall, I thought the movie was excellent and easily rivaled The Dark Knight in terms of sheer enjoyability. .

But for it to rival The Dark Knight, that means this movie would now have to be considered one of the greatest movies of all time. I don't think its in that discussion.

I turn my head off too, but just knowing the characters, film makers, etc, stuff just stuck out. I wasn't thinking really at all during the movie and was enjoying it, until right around when Bane got to the football field that the movie started to turn me off and my mine wandered, then it picked up at the end.

It was a good movie there were just a lot of plot holes and small things that added up.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

But for it to rival The Dark Knight, that means this movie would now have to be considered one of the greatest movies of all time. I don't think its in that discussion.

For that discussion to even take place, wouldn't The Dark Knight first have to be considered one of the greatest movies of all time? Because other than to Batman fanboys, it isn't.

It was a good movie there were just a lot of plot holes and small things that added up.

Does this take into account the biggest plot hole in The Dark Knight where Batman/Rachael should have been pancaked after falling 40 stories onto a car?

And maybe it was so "predictable" because if you read up on the plot of the Bane/Ra's Al-Ghul storyline beforehand, you would know exactly what would happen. I knew what was going to happen but that doesn't mean it was predictable.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

For that discussion to even take place, wouldn't The Dark Knight first have to be considered one of the greatest movies of all time? Because other than to Batman fanboys, it isn't.

Not true. Entertainment weekly, The academy, IMDB, IGN, Empire,all argue that distinction, plus the fact that it made a bazillion dollars helps.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:34 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Does this take into account the biggest plot hole in The Dark Knight where Batman/Rachael should have been pancaked after falling 40 stories onto a car?

And maybe it was so "predictable" because if you read up on the plot of the Bane/Ra's Al-Ghul storyline beforehand, you would know exactly what would happen. I knew what was going to happen but that doesn't mean it was predictable.

Nobody said Dark Knight didnt have plot holes, but nowhere as many as rises. ( The cape slowed their descent by acting as a parachute at the end of the fall to slow momentum)or at least that was how it was rationalized.

I stayed spoiler free, I dint read up on anything, I learned my lesson about getting hyped up from Spiderman 3 :pb: But I do have a somewhat functional understanding of the batmen rogue's gallery, and actors and actresses like Colliard and Levvitt are not likely to get bit parts in a Nolan movie. That coupled with lines from the movie made it predictable, which actually Im okay with, its just the middle was a complete mess, and figuring out the ending limited the impact. That didnt happen to me with The Dark Knight but to each their own.

Its not a bad movie by any means, its good IMO, just not better than Dark Knight good. Which I didnt think it would be, i just didnt want it to suck.

I do hope they continue with JGL. i was most excited about his character.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:But for it to rival The Dark Knight, that means this movie would now have to be considered one of the greatest movies of all time.

No, it doesn't. I'm simply stating my opinion on how I felt after leaving the theatre. I can do math-type stuff and whatnot so yeah I get it - Box-Office wise its NOT going to rival The Dark Knight. I saw Dark Knight when it came out. Absolutely brilliant, mostly because of how captivating Ledger played the Joker. I thought they gave Bane his due in DKR and Hardy's screen presence, while not Ledger's, was pretty damn great for a villain. IMO, the ending to DKR was better than DK (mainly because I don't read up on movies and and try as little as possible to read into things/cognitively think while watching a movie). I was genuinely surprised with what happened in the last 15 minutes or so and that's what I want out of a movie.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 am

Sorry I just picked up on the word rivaled, I thought you meant TDKR rivaled TDK in terms of being just as good of a movie. You meant enjoyment. I get that.

This is why I hate typing stuff, you cant hear inflection or tone on a message board and you don't have to type short sentences that come off Assholish because your boss could walk in :lmfao:
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:55 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Sorry I just picked up on the word rivaled, I thought you meant TDKR rivaled TDK in terms of being just as good of a movie. You meant enjoyment. I get that.

This is why I hate typing stuff, you cant hear inflection or tone on a message board and you don't have to type short sentences that come off Assholish because your boss could walk in :lmfao:

Heh, just a simple misunderstanding that is all. I never claim anything to be "one of the greatest" in anything simply because its so subjective. I feel the Dark Knight isn't one of the greatest films, however, Ledger's performance as the Joker IMO is legendary and one of the most enthralling of all time. I feel that pushes people to think DK is such a superior movie.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Finally saw it Thursday (damn babysitting plans fell through two days in a row). I really enjoyed it, but couldn't get over at first how different it felt tone-wise. The previous one was such a crime/ cop drama that the more fantastical elements (underground army, the "prison," and especially Bane's ultimate designs for Gotham) were a bit of an adjustment for me. Still, despite that, it still felt grounded in the universe Nolan set up. I was surprised at how much time actually passed during the last act of the movie, which I suppose shows how the citizens would have lost all hope of being saved, but the city seemed too "clean" and uncluttered for one that's supposedly under siege for so long. I guess everyone was afraid to come outside!

I actually bought the e-book version of the novelization just so I can better understand some of the developments and dialogue that went by too quickly to process. Hardly the caliber of Steinbeck or Twain, but it does help clear up some of the trickier parts.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

+ 1

This franchise is for adolescent and 20 something males who don't smirk with sarcasm when they say the words "graphic novel".
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The Dark Knight one of the greatest movies of all time... a movie that rightfully didn't even get nominated for best picture.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The Dark Knight : The Aughts :: Star Wars : The Old Fucks in here
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Dark Knight : The Aughts :: Star Wars : The Old Fucks in here

I resemble that remark.

For those of you young-uns who aren't acquainted with movie history before 1990, "Star Wars" was a trailblazer. It not only re-ignited popular interest in sci-fi to become a global cultural phenomenon, it won SIX Academy Awards, unheard-of for a sci-fi flick even to this day. Its visual effects and technology were far superior to anything filmed prior to 1977. It's soundtrack is still the best selling (score-only) movie soundtrack of all time.

In the era before cineplexes, people waited in lines blocks long to see it. The main characters--Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3PO--each became cultural icons. And it was the most imitated sci-fi movie of the late 1970s and 1980s.

Without "Star Wars," we wouldn't have THX sound or Industrial Light & Magic, and sci-fi flicks like "Star Trek" and "Alien" would not have gotten the green light from any studio head. Likewise "trilogies."

By comparison, the Dark Knight movies are just one in a long line of excellent Marvel comic book adaptations.

May the Force be with you.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Ol' No.23

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 pm

*yawn*

Man those special effects and audio Oscar's sure were something.... The Dark Knight had a more meaningful win with Ledger.

I spit at anyone who is dumb enough to call either Star Wars of Batman an all-time movie. They are good at being what they are, which is irrelevant now for Star Wars and a good Marvel movie for Batman. I'm glad Star Wars was important in 1970, it doesn't change the fact it was nothing more than your generations Avatar/Batman/Indian Jones.

Feh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote:*yawn*

Man those special effects and audio Oscar's sure were something.... The Dark Knight had a more meaningful win with Ledger.

I spit at anyone who is dumb enough to call either Star Wars of Batman an all-time movie. They are good at being what they are, which is irrelevant now for Star Wars and a good Marvel movie for Batman. I'm glad Star Wars was important in 1970, it doesn't change the fact it was nothing more than your generations Avatar/Batman/Indian Jones.

Feh.

Its your opinion and that's fine, But your guys arrogance aside, pretty much every cinema/entertainment/movie website, critic, and publication, and movie goer disagrees with you.

Also I'm not much of a Batman fan at all, so I'm not coming screaming to its rescue because I run around in my basement in a batsuit.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 am

jb wrote:
+ 1

This franchise is for adolescent and 20 something males who don't smirk with sarcasm when they say the words "graphic novel".

Thats just not true.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:57 am

Stop making things up, the critic response to Dark Night, universally is no where near considering it an all tome great, the damn thing didn't even win a single meamingful best picture award for its year. You can go by your fan note IMBD bullshit and that is fine, but stop inventing critical acclaim that is limited to a very small group of critics and panning it as universal.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
jb wrote:
+ 1

Thats just not true.

Is to. ;-)

Look, if Imina turn off the brain and just enjoy a super dooper hero movie (not film) for what it is, spare me the preachey overreaching BS. Just gimme Hulk slamming Loki around and blow up a bunch of stuff.

They are what they appear to be.
jb

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Stop making things up, the critic response to Dark Night, universally is no where near considering it an all tome great, the damn thing didn't even win a single meamingful best picture award for its year. You can go by your fan note IMBD bullshit and that is fine, but stop inventing critical acclaim that is limited to a very small group of critics and panning it as universal.

Im not making anything up.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 am

jb wrote:
Is to. ;-)

Look, if Imina turn off the brain and just enjoy a super dooper hero movie (not film) for what it is, spare me the preachey overreaching BS. Just gimme Hulk slamming Loki around and blow up a bunch of stuff.

I am in no way saying The Avengers is one of the greatest Films of all Time. They are 2 totally different movies.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Stop making things up, the critic response to Dark Night, universally is no where near considering it an all tome great, the damn thing didn't even win a single meamingful best picture award for its year. Y.

Jethro Tull beat Metallica in 1989 for best rock/metal performance.
The voting academies don't always get it right.

It won movie of the year from THE AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE, 2 Oscars, actually the award and nomination list is quite to long to summarize :lmfao:

Instead of accusing me of making things up why don't you stop take a step back and look at something objectively and don't be so arrogant that your opinion is gospel. Im not saying everybody has to like the movie. I hate the Kings Speech, boring as hell, but I can recognize how great of a movie it was.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 am

Because I actually follow this type of thing closely and there are somewhere between zero and very very few critics that have ever put TDK down as an All-Time great movie and you are inventing shit?

Again, it took down one of EIGHT best picture awards for that year, it's a nice movie, but no one except FANBOIS consider it an all time great.

You are free to feel however you feel about it and I don't give two shits, just stop lying.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
jb wrote:
Is to. ;-)

I am in no way saying The Avengers is one of the greatest Films of all Time. They are 2 totally different movies.

This is the point of contention.

They are the same movie. They are well produced and lots of things blow up and guys run around in suits with a fantasy story line for a 14 year old boy.

One understands that and another tries to make a preachey agenda laden case that is trite, contrived, and boring. If the Batman trilogy is so deep, then the Dirty Harry series is fuckin' Dosteyevsky and Death Wish is Shakespeare.

Look, if I wan a candy bar, cool. Gimme a frikcin Snickers and it is what it is. I enjoy it. Don't BS me with some candy bar for $ 10.00 and tell me how sophisticated it is. Its a fuckin candy bar, not Kobe.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:51 pm

It's a good movie just go see it, FFS.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:39 pm

FUDU wrote:It's a good movie just go see it, FFS.

Concur.

Just dont tell me it's Citizen Kane" in its cinematic influence.
jb

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Because I actually follow this type of thing closely and there are somewhere between zero and very very few critics that have ever put TDK down as an All-Time great movie and you are inventing shit?

Again, it took down one of EIGHT best picture awards for that year, it's a nice movie, but no one except FANBOIS consider it an all time great.

You are free to feel however you feel about it and I don't give two shits, just stop lying.

The Dark Knight had the ultimate trump card.

Nothing gets tou Academy recognition like a dead guy.

I would argue that the Dark Knight would've received fewer nominations should the cast all still be alive.

And if Bale had gotten eaten by a bear in a camping accident after this latest flick wrapped, it'd be a lock for awards.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 pm

jb wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
jb wrote:
Is to. ;-)

They are the same movie. They are well produced and lots of things blow up and guys run around in suits with a fantasy story line for a 14 year old boy.

One understands that and another tries to make a preachey agenda laden case that is trite, contrived, and boring. If the Batman trilogy is so deep, then the Dirty Harry series is fuckin' Dosteyevsky and Death Wish is Shakespeare.

Look, if I wan a candy bar, cool. Gimme a frikcin Snickers and it is what it is. I enjoy it. Don't BS me with some candy bar for $ 10.00 and tell me how sophisticated it is. Its a fuckin candy bar, not Kobe.

The Batman trilogy is so far different from every other modern superhero movie, which I take as everything post-Tobey Maguire Spiderman, to compare them to the rest is an insult. Just the fact that The Dark Knight was in the discussion for a BP nom changed how people perceive "superhero" movies. Just look at the new Superman trailer for the Christopher Nolan effect. The Batman movies were films with themes and character development; the rest are borderline camp nonsense.

Avengers/Ironman/Spiderman/Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer/Daredevil = Superhero, popcorn, action movie drivel; some are better than others but every single one is the same damn movie

Batman trilogy = Crime dramas that happen to be about a superhero
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:22 pm

jb wrote:

Concur.

I get your point about the premise of the Superhero flicks, but honestly we can nit pick the shit out of so many premises of great movies.

Silence of the Lambs, awesome movie, but cmon, the whole premise is only slightly more nutty than that of Batman. Same goes for Alien(s), Dirty Harry...could go on & on.

In my mind the only legit premise was Unfaithful.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm

FUDU wrote:In my mind the only legit premise was Unfaithful.

I hate you.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:In my mind the only legit premise was Unfaithful.

I hate you.

Just when I was gonna start following you on Twitter.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:51 pm

FWIW: IMO, the New Spider Man was better than The Avengers and better than Batman Begins, for all of the reasons rebs and JB mentioned here.

That was the perfect popcorn movie that gave just enough depth.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:55 pm

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

Concur.

I get your point about the premise of the Superhero flicks, but honestly we can nit pick the shit out of so many premises of great movies.

Silence of the Lambs, awesome movie, but cmon, the whole premise is only slightly more nutty than that of Batman. Same goes for Alien(s), Dirty Harry...could go on & on.

Out of all of the stupid shit you have written over the years, this is top five.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

Concur.

Out of all of the stupid shit you have written over the years, this is top five.

Do you keep a list?

I'd love to see a list. I can't even imagine the stuff on there.

You should keep one for motherscratcher too. And JB.

Not for me though. Be boring having an empty list with my name at the top.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 pm

He actually bought that?

LMAO.

I kill me.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah, trolling to a degree where you fake being the fuck that you are is really LOLish shit.

My sides hurt.

ROFL.... ROFL.... ROFL
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:14 am

It isn't even worth it, the point is lost on you honestly.

FUDU

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm

jb wrote:

1. They are not the same movie. Whether you want to believe it or not.

2. Im not saying all the movies in the trilogy are grea. Batman Begins is good/okay as well as Rises.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:13 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
The Batman trilogy is so far different from every other modern superhero movie, which I take as everything post-Tobey Maguire Spiderman, to compare them to the rest is an insult. Just the fact that The Dark Knight was in the discussion for a BP nom changed how people perceive "superhero" movies. Just look at the new Superman trailer for the Christopher Nolan effect. The Batman movies were films with themes and character development; the rest are borderline camp nonsense.

Avengers/Ironman/Spiderman/Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer/Daredevil = Superhero, popcorn, action movie drivel; some are better than others but every single one is the same damn movie

Batman trilogy = Crime dramas that happen to be about a superhero

exactly
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Nobody is lying.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Batman trilogy = Crime dramas that happen to be about a superhero

And 98% of those are car chases, blowing shit up, shoot 'em up popcorn movies.

"Crime is the desease, and I'm the cure..."

And I still don't confuse those with great plotlines.

But ur still wrong. There's a guy in a rubber siut doing sooper things. That makes it a sooper hero movie.

Again, the morals in the triology are black and white ridiculous social Darwinsistic law & order crappola completely non-integral to what is central to the MOVIE (not film). They deduct rather than enhance. They open the movies up for derision.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 pm

rebel is actually right about a lot of the Batman trilogy, it is much different than most superhero movies, in character development and plot thickness.

Hell the presence of evil in DKR is pretty overwhelming and the internal conflicts in this trilogy are rather deep compared to the other SH flicks.

Doesn't make it ATG material but they are very good movies.

Arguing movies is really dumb though, so subjective and so little concrete material to accurately evaluate for comparisons. Movies are so much about perceptions and expectations going in.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 pm

FUDU wrote:rebel is actually right about a lot of the Batman trilogy, it is much different than most superhero movies, in character development and plot thickness

There is no character development. Bruce Wayne/Batman is the exact same billionaire douche stiff in all 3 movies. The villains save those movies, except for Begins, that movie sucked.

Hell the presence of evil in DKR is pretty overwhelming and the internal conflicts in this trilogy are rather deep compared to the other SH flicks.

What the fuck are you babbling about? "Pure Evil"? The Joker was really dark and creepy but we ain't fucking talking The Exorcist here. And comparing it's depth to other SH movies is dumb as a shit anyway. Most of those movies are created to have the depth of a puddle. Super CGI, explosions, popcorn sales.

Arguing movies is really dumb though, so subjective and so little concrete material to accurately evaluate for comparisons. Movies are so much about perceptions and expectations going in.

You're an idiot.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture