Text Size

College Sports Arena

Bri'onte Dunn Arrested

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Bri'onte Dunn Arrested

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Failure to control, on June 2nd. Arrest is verified but the details are still foggy. This really, really, needs to not be a big deal because he's expected to get some burn this year and is the main reason OSU just stopped recruiting Green.

Details should come out tomorrow or Tuesday.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Bri'onte Dunn Arrested

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Nevermind, this arrest is in addition to the June 2nd arrest it looks like and seemingly could be a much bigger deal.

Edit: looks like a bowl was found during a traffic stop.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 am

Not normally a huge deal, but Meyer is trying to reverse the Buckeyes' "Portland Trailblazers" culture. Will be interesting to see what he does about this. This is not Storm Klein, this is a RB that was going to play enough that they were comfortable telling Derrick Green to go somewhere else.

I am guessing a 4 game suspension (sit out) period and lots of puking in a trash can.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 pm

"Alliance police confirmed Monday morning that Ohio State running back Bri’onte Dunn, a former standout at GlenOak High School, was charged over the weekend with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The charges stem from a traffic stop around 11:08 p.m. Saturday.

Police observed Dunn driving on E. Broadway Street when he almost ran the blinking red light at Arch Avenue, traveled over the crosswalk and almost struck a patrol car, according to a police report.

Police stopped Dunn for the violation and he and his passenger were found to have a wooden pipe used for smoking marijuana, along with less than 200 grams of marijuana on the seat cushions and floor boards where he was seated. A small amount of marijuana was also found in the driver’s door pocket, according to the police report."

http://www.cantonrep.com/newsnow/x52164 ... ion?zc_p=1
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Should never play a down for OSU this year, in my opinion.

Being around Stark county have heard all those rumors and rumblings over the past 2 years. One of those types of situations where you write it off to age or jsut people being jealous, that said, I think they have to hit back on punishment hard. Think Meyer will too.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Based on what I'm hearing about Meyer's track record with MJ arrests at Florida, (4-5 incidents...nobody suspended for more than 2 games), a 2-3 game suspension for Dunn is probable...best guess. Might depend on how much less than 200 g. it was.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

200 grams is a lot of weed. I know that is not what he was caught with, but there is a big difference between 1 gram and and half pound.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Doesn't make that much of a difference. If Meyer is really going to try to change the culture than Dunn needs to sit for a few games (while puking in a trash can). Dunn better be careful, there are some talented backs on the team. He had himself set up pretty solidly as the #2 with J. Hall gone. He just opened the door for Rod Smith or Warren Ball to get a lot of carries and possibly take that spot away from him.

Unlike many, I still haven't given up on Rod Smith. When I see him carry the ball and cut, he accelerates like no other back on the team, including Hall. That said, if Smith doesn't emerge after this likely suspension he should transfer.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 pm

danwismar wrote:Based on what I'm hearing about Meyer's track record with MJ arrests at Florida, (4-5 incidents...nobody suspended for more than 2 games), a 2-3 game suspension for Dunn is probable...best guess. Might depend on how much less than 200 g. it was.

Not sure I would compare how Urban treated things at Florida to how he is treating things here. Urban had 35ish players arrested in a 24 month period there and never did anything to stop it, frankly he sucked as a disciplinarian. This entire OSU move is all about him getting his rep back. Comparing the then and now is foolish.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 pm

When in doubt, get your moms to take the blame:

"The law director has the final determination on what charges to file. Dunn’s mother, Donna, arrived at the scene of the traffic stop, Zumbar said, and said the minute amount of marijuana was present in the vehicle previous to Dunn using it."
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:When in doubt, get your moms to take the blame:

"The law director has the final determination on what charges to file. Dunn’s mother, Donna, arrived at the scene of the traffic stop, Zumbar said, and said the minute amount of marijuana was present in the vehicle previous to Dunn using it."

That's a good mom.

I agree with you that Florida isn't a good place to look at Urb's track record. If this is the second arrest in as many months I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a whole year off or gets booted, as extreme as that sounds. It just doesn't sound like Meyer is in any mood to fuck around on this type of shit after suspending Stoneburner for pissing in some bushes.

On the one hand, it seems like you have to come down heavy to send a message that just doesn't seem to be getting through (not just at tOSU, but everywhere) to these kids. On the other hand...he's just a kid.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Naw, they dumped the charges, his mom really did take the fall.

He'll get a game or two max.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Naw, they dumped the charges, his mom really did take the fall.

That's good. Hope he can keep his head on straight and avoid those situations. I could give half a shit if he smokes an occasional blunt. I do care that he is smart enough not to get caught. It looks bad for the program (what I care about mostly) and it makes him look like an asshole (which I don't really care about).

What have you heard about him? Is he generally percieved as a good kid?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:05 pm

furls wrote:Not normally a huge deal, but Meyer is trying to reverse the Buckeyes' "Portland Trailblazers" culture. Will be interesting to see what he does about this. This is not Storm Klein, this is a RB that was going to play enough that they were comfortable telling Derrick Green to go somewhere else.

I am guessing a 4 game suspension (sit out) period and lots of puking in a trash can.

And a stern talking to.

Seriously, just not good on many levels. Kid really has talent.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm

<<-----LHAO

"His mom did it"

Yeah, no special treatment there. I bet the dog ate his homework a bunch of times, too
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Nevermind, this arrest is in addition to the June 2nd arrest it looks like and seemingly could be a much bigger deal.

Edit: looks like a bowl was found during a traffic stop.

The only bowl the Buckeyes are eligible for this season.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:<<-----LHAO

"His mom did it"

Yeah, no special treatment there. I bet the dog ate his homework a bunch of times, too

Legally it was enough to get him off whether true or not. I am pretty sure he will still be puking in a garbage can.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

That's good. Hope he can keep his head on straight and avoid those situations. I could give half a shit if he smokes an occasional blunt. I do care that he is smart enough not to get caught. It looks bad for the program (what I care about mostly) and it makes him look like an asshole (which I don't really care about).

What have you heard about him? Is he generally percieved as a good kid?

I heard he was a complete fucktard/d-bag as a HS kid while at Glenn Oak. I heard most of his team hated him and that he was a real prick. He was a hard worker, but not a great teammate and there were not a lot of tears shed when he left Canton. That was all second hand from guys that usually have good info.

Dunn was/is the anti-Warren Ball. Who by all accounts was the model teammate, overall great guy at DeSales. That is why I was less concerned when Dunn was waivering on his commitment; I was primarily concerned about him going to scUM, but not about losing him from tOSU.

I don't know if he will grow up or change (since his no longer BMOC) while at tOSU. I tend to think that guys that have received/expected special treatment have a hard time growing.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm

I know that was a pretty scathing review, and I am offering the disclaimer that it may or may not be true, but I have heard/read this on several fronts.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 pm

furls wrote:I know that was a pretty scathing review, and I am offering the disclaimer that it may or may not be true, but I have heard/read this on several fronts.

Furls,
I heard nearly the exact same thing.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 pm

"The results of Bri’onte Dunn’s drug test in Columbus show there were no signs of illicit drugs in the Ohio State freshman running back’s system. Brion Dunn, the father of Bri’onte Dunn, said his son had to take the drug test earlier this week when he returned to Columbus.

“It was clean,” Brion Dunn said. “He had to go through an outside facility, and Ohio State said he had to have the test done.”

Dunn is facing a minor misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct, as well as a seat belt violation and a tail light violation as a result of a traffic stop late Saturday night."

And Meyer love the kids, FWIW.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:14 pm

hmmmm... so it sounds like it was his mom's weed.

At least FMB's objectivity allowed him to avoid rushing to judgement.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

furls wrote:hmmmm... so it sounds like it was his mom's weed.

At least FMB's objectivity allowed him to avoid rushing to judgement.

You should go back and read your own posts 2 or 10 times

Maybe then you'll see the hypocrisy in everything you write

:bunny:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't follow. I don't see any hypocrisy or rush to judgement. I said that I heard all the information about Dunn 2nd hand and to take it for what it is worth.

Nice use of the emoticons! Every troll post you make is that much better with them.

I thought you didn't care about "pseudo professional college sports." Why do you post here? No one cares what you say and I have yet to ever see you provide any value to any thread you have posted in on the college boards. I don't go to Pedo State boards to trash their teams, why do you come here? I don't get it.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 am

The ole Cam Newton Defense.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm

FWIW, word is that he passed a piss test, I think that will be confirmed or disconfirmed by Urbs actions on this.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

JCoz wrote:FWIW, word is that he passed a piss test, I think that will be confirmed or disconfirmed by Urbs actions on this.

I can smoke 5 joints and pass a piss test tomorrow.

Just sayin'.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
JCoz wrote:FWIW, word is that he passed a piss test, I think that will be confirmed or disconfirmed by Urbs actions on this.

Just sayin'.

Fuck I am so out of touch how do you pull that off?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:23 pm

dmiles wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Just sayin'.

You can buy synthetic urine from just about any head shop. It comes with a thing that warms it and holds it at the right temperature. Dude at my work used it to pass a re-test. It fooled the lab test.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:34 pm

The Kicker when I was at YSU did that, strap on dick to piss out of and everything.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:10 pm

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
dmiles wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Just sayin'.

You can buy synthetic urine from just about any head shop. It comes with a thing that warms it and holds it at the right temperature. Dude at my work used it to pass a re-test. It fooled the lab test.

Can you donate that while you give plasma?
jb

Return to College Sports Arena