Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

07/28 - Tribe @ Twins - Masty needs to be nasty

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

07/28 - Tribe @ Twins - Masty needs to be nasty

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm

RF Choo
CF Brantley
2B Kipnis
C Santana
DH Hafner
LF Damon
1B Kotchman
3B Hannahan
SS Lillibridge

RHP Masterson

CF Span
RF Revere
C Mauer
LF Willingham
1B Morneau
DH Doumit
3B Valencia
SS Dozier
2B Casilla

RHP Deduno
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: 07/28 - Tribe @ Twins - Masty needs to be nasty

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Hearing Rosie read the line-up made me throw up a little after "Kipnis". Wow, we suck.Image

OTOH, Go Tribe!
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm

well at least he went the other way with that ball
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, we got a run.

Still, it all comes down to Masterson to put up some zeroes.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Justin is getting that low strike. Looking great so far.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Why do I post at all? Jesus.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Well, there goes the no-hitter and the shutout in one swing.

Right after what should've been called strike 3!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm

I don't know what Willingham will do in 2013 or 2014, but I wish he'd have taken our contract offer.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Kotchman was on the bag and Valencia never touched the base, yet he is safe?!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm

This is fucking pathetic.

Need for robot umps aside, 1 run on 5 hits in 15 innings after you beat Verlander to save your season?

Pathetic.

Start selling, Antonetti.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Another lost evening.

Fucking booo
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Curse you Tribe. You tease me with your ninth inning almost-rallies. When the ball leaves Santana's bat I can't help but hear your campaign rally "what if?" - but the ball hits just foul. And I waste yet another night sticking to the bitter end with you when just a bit of common sense would make me turn your game(s) off as soon as our opponent gets a lead of any more than two runs. Night after night you rip my heart out of my chest. Curse you, Tribe!Image
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Just ugh.

Its funny after thursday night BUY BUY BUY, now its SELL SELL SELL. Gotta love listening to the postgames. Emotional roller coasters are awesome.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 am

These Cleveland Indians are bipolar...
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 am

I have to harp on the moving the team philosophy and for my own selfish wants, wish that the team would move down near us in New Orleans. First, the Hornets would have to leave town, which wouldn't be impossible. Secondly, the citizens would have to buy into that they are far bigger of a baseball town than hoops -- the Jazz would never have been relocated if not. Other reasons?

* A town that is on its feet -- comparatively speaking to its own self -- after years of turmoil. Crime is as bad as Detroit, D.C., Baltimore, Richmond, CA, etc. but not nearly as bad as pre-Katrina. Tourism is as good as anywhere and the hotel and restuarant industries are booming.

* The triple A stadium in outskirt Harahan, LA could be revamped and become the Indians' home. There is no room in the city, but that is just about anywhere. Detroit and Minnesota did build in the heart of the city, but San Fran and Texas, among others, built in very upscale areas. Building a stadium in Harahan would make it another Arlington, TX. It already has a fairly wealthy tax base and classier citizen than inner-city New Orleans...I believe if Harahan and Metairie picked up a lot of the bill, that New Orleans and its west bank could help out also.

*Fans are passionate and love college and pro baseball.

*Weather is hot...Ubaldo would be better, lol.

* All I read about is why we'll never get the great players and great young single players b/c of the weather and the boredom of Cleveland. New Orleans rivals only Las Vegas and NY as far as entertainment and that is a pure fact. Detroit or New Orleans if you are a free agent? Minneapolis/St. Paul or New Orleans?

* There is a great MLB tradition of wonderful players from the NOLA area -- some tied to Cleveland. George "Bo" Strickland, Rusty Staub, Mel Ott, Mel Parnell, Coach Rod Dedeaux, Jack Kramer, Will Clark, and many more from surounding areas like Ron Guidry and your biy Joey Belle. New Orleans was a baseball town before knowing what a Saint was and would be.

*Speaking of the Saints, the city has always ben loyal to them...very simuilar to the Chicago Cybs fans. They may show up wearing a paper bag over the head, but ticket sales have never dipped to the point of panic. Those same fans got behind the Hornets, but realize since the CP3 fiasco, that they'll never let themselves get close to the team the way they are to the Saints. A MLB team? They'd get behind it.

I would be an Indians fan if they moved to L.A. or stayed. It doesn't matter. If we want to see this team return to at least a glimpse of 1994-2001, do we care that it's in Cleveland? I do not want the city crippled any further. I love Cleveland. I enjoy eating at the Flat Iron Cafe, drinking at the Parrot and Lizard and checking out the auto museum when I am up there. My wife just went with me for the first time and thought she'd hate it, but truly enjoyed the stadium and the city and its people. What I am saying is that I know how hard it is in Cleveland right now and if the team ever did move, I would hope it would make things BETTER SOMEHOW. It's always going to be a Browns town, right? As many have said, unless fire in a bottle and serendepity are rolling at once, this team may never see another WS appearance. 2007 was a ton of comeback wins and Detroit may have been the worst best team that season. Otherwise, we may be looking at another drought that would soon rival 1954-1994. Ouch. New Orleans is only a suggestion. I just want new ownership and out with Shapanetti and I want players to want to come play for this franchise. I can no longer be patient with being "sellers" and then call ourselves buyers and we end up with Fuckyoudomeeeey and Ubaldo. Kevin Seitzer was a better late season move than those two were. For us to see this, it just may never happen again in Ohio -- #455 and 1995 aside. What do we we want? Serious contending baseball or hopes and prayers built off of corner outfielders and platooners?

:dead: :hide: :pigs: :hic:
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:47 am

TribeinLA wrote:I have to harp on the moving the team philosophy and for my own selfish wants, wish that the team would move down near us in New Orleans. First, the Hornets would have to leave town, which wouldn't be impossible. Secondly, the citizens would have to buy into that they are far bigger of a baseball town than hoops -- the Jazz would never have been relocated if not. Other reasons?

* A town that is on its feet -- comparatively speaking to its own self -- after years of turmoil. Crime is as bad as Detroit, D.C., Baltimore, Richmond, CA, etc. but not nearly as bad as pre-Katrina. Tourism is as good as anywhere and the hotel and restuarant industries are booming.

* The triple A stadium in outskirt Harahan, LA could be revamped and become the Indians' home. There is no room in the city, but that is just about anywhere. Detroit and Minnesota did build in the heart of the city, but San Fran and Texas, among others, built in very upscale areas. Building a stadium in Harahan would make it another Arlington, TX. It already has a fairly wealthy tax base and classier citizen than inner-city New Orleans...I believe if Harahan and Metairie picked up a lot of the bill, that New Orleans and its west bank could help out also.

*Fans are passionate and love college and pro baseball.

*Weather is hot...Ubaldo would be better, lol.

* All I read about is why we'll never get the great players and great young single players b/c of the weather and the boredom of Cleveland. New Orleans rivals only Las Vegas and NY as far as entertainment and that is a pure fact. Detroit or New Orleans if you are a free agent? Minneapolis/St. Paul or New Orleans?

* There is a great MLB tradition of wonderful players from the NOLA area -- some tied to Cleveland. George "Bo" Strickland, Rusty Staub, Mel Ott, Mel Parnell, Coach Rod Dedeaux, Jack Kramer, Will Clark, and many more from surounding areas like Ron Guidry and your biy Joey Belle. New Orleans was a baseball town before knowing what a Saint was and would be.

*Speaking of the Saints, the city has always ben loyal to them...very simuilar to the Chicago Cybs fans. They may show up wearing a paper bag over the head, but ticket sales have never dipped to the point of panic. Those same fans got behind the Hornets, but realize since the CP3 fiasco, that they'll never let themselves get close to the team the way they are to the Saints. A MLB team? They'd get behind it.

I would be an Indians fan if they moved to L.A. or stayed. It doesn't matter. If we want to see this team return to at least a glimpse of 1994-2001, do we care that it's in Cleveland? I do not want the city crippled any further. I love Cleveland. I enjoy eating at the Flat Iron Cafe, drinking at the Parrot and Lizard and checking out the auto museum when I am up there. My wife just went with me for the first time and thought she'd hate it, but truly enjoyed the stadium and the city and its people. What I am saying is that I know how hard it is in Cleveland right now and if the team ever did move, I would hope it would make things BETTER SOMEHOW. It's always going to be a Browns town, right? As many have said, unless fire in a bottle and serendepity are rolling at once, this team may never see another WS appearance. 2007 was a ton of comeback wins and Detroit may have been the worst best team that season. Otherwise, we may be looking at another drought that would soon rival 1954-1994. Ouch. New Orleans is only a suggestion. I just want new ownership and out with Shapanetti and I want players to want to come play for this franchise. I can no longer be patient with being "sellers" and then call ourselves buyers and we end up with Fuckyoudomeeeey and Ubaldo. Kevin Seitzer was a better late season move than those two were. For us to see this, it just may never happen again in Ohio -- #455 and 1995 aside. What do we we want? Serious contending baseball or hopes and prayers built off of corner outfielders and platooners?

:dead: :hide: :pigs: :hic:

You should really have a personal blog. Put all these thoughts there.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 am

As Forrest Gump always said, "You can't have an ace who's a box of chocolates."

Or something to that effect.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Bigfist » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 am

Tribe in LA....by your rationale, then, we shouldn't care that it was the Browns that won the Super Bowl, only that they were playing in Baltimore. Doubt you will find many takers on that one.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 am

leadpipe wrote:As Forrest Gump always said, "You can't have an ace who's a box of chocolates."

So you were watching Forrest Gump on Lifetime last night too?
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
leadpipe wrote:As Forrest Gump always said, "You can't have an ace who's a box of chocolates."

So you were watching Forrest Gump on Lifetime last night too?

Actually was watching some Olympics.

Still can't believe the Academy gave the Oscar to that moron over Pulp Fiction.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Bigfist,

Had they remained the Baltimore BROWNS would that have helped? And I am not a Cleveland sports fan (only baseball), so I do not know the answer to that. I would guess a lot of people were disgusted and a lot of people were hapy about the 2001 Superbowl. How do you think St. Louis football fans or L.A. fans feel? Who do they root for?

If the Indians move to Las Vegas, I would still support them. If they changed their named to the Junebugs, I'd probably still support them. I hate the management and as much as I yell at Santana, Hafner, Droobs, and Ubaldo through the screen, those are my guys.

Let's take another scenario, however, that proves why location and staying put have zero effect on me if I do not have the players vs. moving with the same team. 1995...the replacement players...that's when I really could have given 2 shits who won what. The team stayed...the ownership and players let us down. They came back and we forgave them, of course. We (or I at least) could not stand watching a product that a guy like Eric Yielding would have been the MVP of.
TribeinLA

Unread postby pup » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:19 am

Fuck Baltimore and their Super Bowl.

Clear enough?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby TribeinLA » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah...fuck all of those players who decided to pack up the team on their own.
TribeinLA

Unread postby pup » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:56 am

TribeinLA wrote:Yeah...fuck all of those players who decided to pack up the team on their own.

Exactly.

You think B-More watched Indy with pride? You think Seattle was jumping up and down as OKC made the NBA Finals?

Players? Who cares about players? Name on the front counts.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Bigfist » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 am

Tribe in LA...I am with Pup on this one. My connection with the team is that I grew up in Cleveland...that is where it starts and stops. If somehow they move to New Orleans, Vegas or wherever, they will not be my team at all, no more than the Ravens (or Rams, for that matter) are my team. I suspect you will find that the vast majority of Indian fans agree with Pup and I, Tribe in LA. I doubt many Hartford Whaler fans celebrated when the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup in 2006.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

pup wrote:Fuck Baltimore and their Super Bowl.

Clear enough?

For most, yes. Some folks though...
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 pm

CLEVELAND Indians. Yup, I don't think I'd follow the team if they moved. Heck, WE moved to not-quite-Boston in 2000. I've watched teams up here win seven championships! (3 SB, 2 WS, 1 NBA, 1 Stanley Cup) I've stuck it out with my Tribe. Sticker-in-the-window, plate-frame-on-the-car, team-logo clothing. If I wanted to follow a team from somewhere I didn't grow up I would have become a Red Sux fan. What? Heck no!!! I would have given up on baseball. Cleveland Indians are part of Cleveland. Anywhere else they'd be just another team.
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby TribeinLA » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:21 pm

I grew up an Indians fan in Louisiana. It would be different for me if I grew up in Cleveland. Pup, I appreciate your stance -- maybe I and a few others are in the minority. Name on the front counts, but so does my attachment to the players and it would be easier if I was a wild eyed youngin again. If Kenny Lofton, Baerga, Belle, and Nagy had played for the San Antonio Indians, my allegiance would have switched to baseboil ala Aladome stylee.

I am a fan b/c my dad was one and b/c he still will tell anyone they're wrong when he's told the 1954 Indians didn't have the best staff and pen in all of baseball then and now. I inherited his love. I love the Indians so much that I go to Cleveland on vacation, ignoring the sneers. I have converted my wife. I will always love Cleveland. My only problem is that Cleveland (not this board) doesn't love their team back...and the front office is the most incompetent and over-confident bunch of cocktits I have ever seen in sports. When I see John Hart on MLBnetwork, I just want to time travel back to when he and Grover ran the show. Shapiro and Wedge started something that is still going strong -- bad economy or not.

But yes, I would follow the team wherever, so long as they didn't sell 8/9 starters and 4/5 staff members. Then, you must have STRONG minor league allegiance (which I am too far removed from to care).
TribeinLA

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

TribeinLA wrote:I grew up an Indians fan in Louisiana. It would be different for me if I grew up in Cleveland. Pup, I appreciate your stance -- maybe I and a few others are in the minority. Name on the front counts, but so does my attachment to the players and it would be easier if I was a wild eyed youngin again. If Kenny Lofton, Baerga, Belle, and Nagy had played for the San Antonio Indians, my allegiance would have switched to baseboil ala Aladome stylee.

I am a fan b/c my dad was one and b/c he still will tell anyone they're wrong when he's told the 1954 Indians didn't have the best staff and pen in all of baseball then and now. I inherited his love. I love the Indians so much that I go to Cleveland on vacation, ignoring the sneers. I have converted my wife. I will always love Cleveland. My only problem is that Cleveland (not this board) doesn't love their team back...and the front office is the most incompetent and over-confident bunch of cocktits I have ever seen in sports. When I see John Hart on MLBnetwork, I just want to time travel back to when he and Grover ran the show. Shapiro and Wedge started something that is still going strong -- bad economy or not.

But yes, I would follow the team wherever, so long as they didn't sell 8/9 starters and 4/5 staff members. Then, you must have STRONG minor league allegiance (which I am too far removed from to care).

You still don't seem to get it, so I will try and spell it out for you as clearly as Pup did...maybe it will take the 2nd time around.

No one besides you would give a shit about the team if they moved. No one besides you gives a shit about your long-winded rant on moving the team to New Orleans.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey. Asshole, read. I was explaining my stance. Not yours or pup's and if you read instead of wasted time running your keyboard at someone you do not even know, you'd have seen that I clearly stated that I "appreciated Pup's stance". You wanna be a dick just to be one, fine...but nowhere did I say, "I don't get it. I am an idiot. Please, Clevelanders, help me because I don't understand how you could live with yourselves if the team moved. I made a case in point about the team moving. I have not overharped on it since. I might be from the south...I might be an LSU and Washington & Lee alumn...but I am not an idiot. Meanwhile, you...
TribeinLA

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:48 pm

TribeinLA wrote:Hey. Asshole, read. I was explaining my stance. Not yours or pup's and if you read instead of wasted time running your keyboard at someone you do not even know, you'd have seen that I clearly stated that I "appreciated Pup's stance". You wanna be a dick just to be one, fine...but nowhere did I say, "I don't get it. I am an idiot. Please, Clevelanders, help me because I don't understand how you could live with yourselves if the team moved. I made a case in point about the team moving. I have not overharped on it since. I might be from the south...I might be an LSU and Washington & Lee alumn...but I am not an idiot. Meanwhile, you...

See, that's where we disagree. From what I see, literally every word you type says "I dont get it. I'm an idiot."
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby TribeinLA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:04 pm

And every word you type says, "I like to pick fights on message boards. Being adequate was never my strength. Feel my wrath, Macintosh."
TribeinLA

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 pm

TribeinLA wrote:And every word you type says, "I like to pick fights on message boards. Being adequate was never my strength. Feel my wrath, Macintosh."

Shut up now.

Thank you.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB