Text Size

No Holds Barred

London Olympic Games Thread

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

London Olympic Games Thread

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 am

Is there a XXX London Olympic thread?

Games already started. USA 4 FRA 2 in qualifying Women's Soccer.

Should we put threads for these games where?...
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: location of olympic thread?

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 am

Right here works.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: London Olympic Games Thread

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 am

Got enough bandwith here for "Women's soccer qualifying" talk?

I know one of their good players looks like Kirk Heinrich.

That's all I can really add.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 am

Anyone have any sleeper value Olympic bets?

That's maybe some of the best way to get me further interested.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am

I saw XXX Olympics trending on Twitter the other day and thought it was something completely different.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I saw XXX Olympics trending on Twitter the other day and thought it was something completely different.

lol...... you mean whores.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm

leadpipe wrote:Got enough bandwith here for "Women's soccer qualifying" talk?

They're about all I'll watch from these summer games. Greco-Roman and speed walking doesn't do it for me and nor does the boxing where tippity-tapping on the forehead is how they score.

I'll take the hot goalkeeper and forward and the lesbians. Following them on twitter and watching their games, they're basically a female and gayer version of a baseball team. They play the sport at an elite, world-class level and then they fuck around for a few days.

I will say this though; young girls love that team. My 11 yr old, who has little idea of the sexuality aspect, thinks the sun rises and sets on that team, and the players are engaged with the younger kids too. Not in a Sandusky way (as far as I know) but in a 'pay it forward' kind of way.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Squints » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:29 am

Exactly. These games will provide a nice 2 week diversion to where we can root for teams and individuals who have a high probability of winning. If everyone wants to keep watching, in frustration, good Ubaldo v.s. bad Ubaldo or the hitless wonders on offense continue as you were.

Yes, the women's national team is an elite team in its sport- maybe it's too much pressure for Cleveland fans to tune in and root for. But if you have a daughter that's into soccer, it provides role models for them and bonding over sports for us. Hope Solo, Alex Morgan is an easier sell to a 7 year old girl than Trent Richardson- maybe to some this makes me a failure as a parent :hide: . And yes, Abby Wambach is a dude, but he/she is damn good.

I love the Olympics I'll watch as much as I possibly can. I'm also partial to swimming and have a daughter that's into that too. Lochte/Phelps will be worth tuning in for any sports fan who can appreciate two intense rivals, who remain civil to each other, that push each other to their own physical limits which make them the two best swimmers in the world. Very rarely, is the best swimmer of all-time and the best current swimmer in the world two different people. It should make for good television.

I'll even root for the US mens basketball team, but I'm also rooting for a torn achilles to #6.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 am

over and under on the number of human looking teeth we'll see from the host city's citizens during the opening ceremonies. It just may give any Wal*Mart a run for it's money
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 am

bookelly wrote:Is there a XXX London Olympic thread?

Boo, please start the next thread for women's soccer. You are 1-0 so far.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Over here, tickets have been ungodly expensive and difficult to get for most events. Not to mention that I'm 2 hours away by train in any case, and any ticket will run me >75 pounds (plus then the 40-50 pound ticket for the preliminaries of badminton or whatever unpopular sport that isn't sold out yet).

I may head to a women's soccer match next week, though, since Old Trafford is around 1.5-2 mi from my flat. Can't necessarily be that close and not be tempted to see Team USA.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:over and under on the number of human looking teeth we'll see from the host city's citizens during the opening ceremonies. It just may give any Wal*Mart a run for it's money

Lol. Hundred year old stereotype lives on

I think there were a few pearly whites in there :)
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:36 am

fairvis wrote:Over here, tickets have been ungodly expensive and difficult to get for most events. Not to mention that I'm 2 hours away by train in any case, and any ticket will run me >75 pounds (plus then the 40-50 pound ticket for the preliminaries of badminton or whatever unpopular sport that isn't sold out yet).

I may head to a women's soccer match next week, though, since Old Trafford is around 1.5-2 mi from my flat. Can't necessarily be that close and not be tempted to see Team USA.

I really want to head down to London to take in the Olympic fervour. Even if the tickets are hard to get, I reckon it will be worth it to just be in the city.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 pm

LMFAO

Stay classy irish

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story ... n-us_msnhp

Ireland's Olympic team is investigating one of its athletes for betting on an opponent to win at a pre-London Games event.

The Olympic Council of Ireland said Saturday that an athlete made a $4,800 profit on the wagers, and withdrew $4,435 in cash from an account with a gambling operator.

Only an Irishman would pay the vig on a winner....lol
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Got enough bandwith here for "Women's soccer qualifying" talk?

They're about all I'll watch from these summer games. Greco-Roman and speed walking doesn't do it for me and nor does the boxing where tippity-tapping on the forehead is how they score.

I'll take the hot goalkeeper and forward and the lesbians. Following them on twitter and watching their games, they're basically a female and gayer version of a baseball team. They play the sport at an elite, world-class level and then they fuck around for a few days.

I will say this though; young girls love that team. My 11 yr old, who has little idea of the sexuality aspect, thinks the sun rises and sets on that team, and the players are engaged with the younger kids too. Not in a Sandusky way (as far as I know) but in a 'pay it forward' kind of way.

Not really baggin' on soccer anymore. People watch what they wanna watch. It's just like me saying you shouldn't like that band, cause they suck. Who the hell am I to make that decision.

But this thing with the US women's team....nothing to do with soccer, but to me, an extremely arogant and unlikeable bunch - with the usual forced drama. I care as much about that chick coming out as a lesbian as I do the other chick whipping her shirt off. Just like Lolo Jones coming out as a virgin - who cares. The last chick championing her virginity was Brittney Spears, how'd that work out? Hope Solo is a C - and a poor teammate (you find out about teammates when things are bad, not good - see Bryant, Kobe).

Couldn't care less if they get kicked in the teeth again, just like the Cup. It'll save the "Here comes women's soccer" and "the first female president" nonsense we get every time the cup or Olympics is rollin.

And really girls, nobody cares. Look, I watch some of the running events cause I run. But I'm well aware nobody gives a shit. Not a big deal really, and I, unlike that women's team, don't act like it does.

It's exactly what you guys describe - a team for the young girls to follow. Nothing more really. But once they take the Justin Bieber posters off the wall they'll be on to something else.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Volleyball is an exceptional spectator sport.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Squints » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:13 am

^^^^^^^^

What happened to Misty May's back side? Holy hell.

Lochte kicked Phelp's ass. A Tom Hamilton "wow." Phelps' ego got in the way, can't take 3 years off from an event and then expect to jump back in the pool and compete in swimming's most difficult event. He will still have his moment later.
Squints

Unread postby Squints » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:20 am

leadpipe wrote:
Not really baggin' on soccer anymore. People watch what they wanna watch. It's just like me saying you shouldn't like that band, cause they suck. Who the hell am I to make that decision.

But this thing with the US women's team....nothing to do with soccer, but to me, an extremely arogant and unlikeable bunch - with the usual forced drama. I care as much about that chick coming out as a lesbian as I do the other chick whipping her shirt off. Just like Lolo Jones coming out as a virgin - who cares. The last chick championing her virginity was Brittney Spears, how'd that work out? Hope Solo is a C - and a poor teammate (you find out about teammates when things are bad, not good - see Bryant, Kobe).

Couldn't care less if they get kicked in the teeth again, just like the Cup. It'll save the "Here comes women's soccer" and "the first female president" nonsense we get every time the cup or Olympics is rollin.

And really girls, nobody cares. Look, I watch some of the running events cause I run. But I'm well aware nobody gives a shit. Not a big deal really, and I, unlike that women's team, don't act like it does.

It's exactly what you guys describe - a team for the young girls to follow. Nothing more really. But once they take the Justin Bieber posters off the wall they'll be on to something else.

My daughter hates Bieber. But I agree with and know exactly what you are saying and I am fully aware that most of these sports in the Olympics are an acquired taste, to say the least.
Squints

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 am

Squints wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

My daughter hates Bieber. But I agree with and know exactly what you are saying and I am fully aware that most of these sports in the Olympics are an acquired taste, to say the least.

That's really it. Probably came off sounding like a dick - especially to soccer fans, but really, it's a niche deal - and that's perfectly fine. Look, Peeker's got himself a great daughter, who's into soccer, and is a good player. I'd like nothing more than to see her advance through high school and play beyond, thus saving him the estimated 9 gazillion dollars it's gonna take to get her through college by that time. But that's the fan for women's soccer in the US - young girls who play the game, and continue to play through whatever age. And really nobody else, save the parents of said child, until they stop playing.

And if we know anything about the soccer curve in this country, it's that it rapidly declines as kids age, as they stop playing sports or move on to another one.

It's similiar to poker on TV. You know who watches poker on TV. Guys who play poker - and that's it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

The lady skeet shooter was very impressive this morning. 99 out of 100 and a gold.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 am

They still have ping pong..., excuse me, table tennis? That's the real draw. Put that shit in prime time and screw all the gymnastics and swimming and stuff.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

:spar: Anyone catch the woman’s Epee final in fencing today? Epic stuff. Huge controversy, and plenty of drama. This Korean chick named Shin was in a gold medal semi-final match vs. some German chick, and due to a clock malfunction she lost in overtime.

She refused to leave the court (called a piste) while her coaches complained to the officials. At one point her coaches had to give money to a official in order for that official to file a protest. All the while Shin just sat on the piste refusing to budge. This whole thing took about a hour and a half , at which time two officials forced Shin to leave the piste, still she resisted (this whole time I am thinking that she should use the sword in her hand to fight the officials off).

Anyway , she finally is escorted off , only to come back out and fight this Chinese girl for the bronze 15 minutes later. It was a great match that went tied into the 3rd round (there are three rounds in fencing) and the crowd was obviously on Shins side , but Shin did finally did lose a close one( The Chinese gals reach was just to much for Shin to handle). Anyway for me at least it was the event of the games so far. Not going to lie this was the first time I have ever watched fencing, but I have to say its a pretty great spectators sport , lots of action, skill and intense moments. Cant understand why it is not more popular.
Sidenote: A Ukranian chick beat the German chick in OT to win the Gold.
:spar:
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby jb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:10 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:
bookelly wrote:Is there a XXX London Olympic thread?

Boo, please start the next thread for women's soccer. You are 1-0 so far.

Hahahahah hahaha!

Dick.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 am

Actual letter (er...email) I sent to Gery Zenkel, head of NBC Olympic coverage:

Dear Gary,

We need MORE volleyball. I mean, 9 hours a day isn't even close to enough. And can you please tell those announcing; letting us viewers experience even a moment of silence is painful. They surely could talk more.

Appreciate the editing and the tape delay too...it's SOOO much better knowing the results beforehand. Especially here on the West Coast. Really takes the stress out of watching. Actually, it saves me from having to watch.

I'm so happy that you and your production team at NBC have distilled the whole exercise into an easy to watch and completely bland event. I LIVE for the lowest common denominator. And I sure do hate those mildy spicy sandwiches they are serving now at fast food restaurants...too spicy for me! Ha Ha!

Thank you for your time, I'm off to carry a "moran" sign to an anti-Obamacare rally.

---

Hope he catches the sarcasm.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

Interesting US ratings and reactions in UK where previous women's game at Old Trafford drew 1,000 fans a decade ago.

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
US-Colombia women's soccer averaged 2.5M viewers on NBCSN (Dream Team had 2.6M vs France). GB vs Brazil women averaged just under 2M in UK.

Abby Wambach ‏@AbbyWambach
30k+ at old trafford, 70k+ at Wembley last night! Proof that the women's game is growing. Thanks to all the fans that have supported us.

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
GB win over Brazil in front of 70,000 Wembley crowd could be launch pad for women's football in Uk. Played some good stuff too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Bwah!! Best 'article' I've ever seen on decoding sand volleyball hand signals ;-) ;) :wink:

http://yhoo.it/Pt7HpR

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SKYs6ZefXs

Yes he is an ELECTED Mayor of London

<3 Boris

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I've been trying to watch most nights prime time telecast. Good times watching the little USA girls dominate and the Commies shit the bed when it mattered most.

I think maybe the best part was the half dozen times that NBC decided we didn't need to see the score of a routine we just watched. I mean, who gives a fuck about the scores for these things anyway? NBC is doing a bangup job.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Watching on dvr delay. Just finished the synchronized diving. The last dive was by Ukraine. The score determined if they would slip past the USA and knock them off the podium.

NBC decided we didn't actually need to see the score of the dive. It's OK though. They told us who won. Why would anyone be interested in the actual score?

Who the fuck is in charge of these decisions?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 am

motherscratcher wrote:Watching on dvr delay. Just finished the synchronized diving. The last dive was by Ukraine. The score determined if they would slip past the USA and knock them off the podium.

NBC decided we didn't actually need to see the score of the dive. It's OK though. They told us who won. Why would anyone be interested in the actual score?

Who the fuck is in charge of these decisions?

Maybe they correctly assumed that anyone who watches or cares about synchronized diving is an asshole and is likely too goddamn dumb to even remember they didn't see who won.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Wow. Gabby Douglas won the Ladies All-Around gold medal. 16 years old.

Well done.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:45 pm

leadpipe wrote:But this thing with the US women's team....nothing to do with soccer, but to me, an extremely arogant and unlikeable bunch - with the usual forced drama.

I can identify with that - I feel the same way about the men's basketball team. Nothing more yawn-inducing than watching a bunch of pricks beat up on vastly inferior teams.

leadpipe wrote:I care as much about that chick coming out as a lesbian as I do the other chick whipping her shirt off. Just like Lolo Jones coming out as a virgin - who cares. The last chick championing her virginity was Brittney Spears, how'd that work out? Hope Solo is a C - and a poor teammate (you find out about teammates when things are bad, not good - see Bryant, Kobe).

I've watched all the US Women's soccer games and knew none of this. One of the great bonuses of watching them live online - no lame broadcast or useless NBC puff pieces.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
leadpipe wrote:But this thing with the US women's team....nothing to do with soccer, but to me, an extremely arogant and unlikeable bunch - with the usual forced drama.

I can identify with that - I feel the same way about the men's basketball team. Nothing more yawn-inducing than watching a bunch of pricks beat up on vastly inferior teams.

leadpipe wrote:I care as much about that chick coming out as a lesbian as I do the other chick whipping her shirt off. Just like Lolo Jones coming out as a virgin - who cares. The last chick championing her virginity was Brittney Spears, how'd that work out? Hope Solo is a C - and a poor teammate (you find out about teammates when things are bad, not good - see Bryant, Kobe).

I've watched all the US Women's soccer games and knew none of this. One of the great bonuses of watching them live online - no lame broadcast or useless NBC puff pieces.

Megan Repinoe came out.

Hope Solo may be a C--- but she has tremendous eyes and works ridiculously hard. Not to mention she was set forth on a path to selfishness and C-ness by her old man. She was conceived on a conjugal visit for God's sake and her old man was a PoS. She's an athletic freak, though. It's a global pop culture world and global economy out there. And the globally the women's game is growing. There are far more competitive teams out there today than there were 10-12 years ago in terms of international competition.

As to Solo, nothing more mainstream than being an entitled, selfish athlete. I'd argue nothing says, "Soccer is Growing" than that. ;-) ;) :wink:

In her upcoming autobiography – Solo: a memoir of Hope – she divulges on her father, the late Jeffrey Solo. He was a serial swindler, whose last name may or may not have actually been Solo. Jeffrey started several families at once and conned the mothers of his children and others out of their money. What emerges from these soul-bearing pages is a sympathetic character, a little girl who adored an erratic father drifting in and out of her life unannounced, shaking her emotions like a rattle. That she consequently grew into a guarded woman who is quick to protect herself and hers and go on the offensive with sharply-worded tirades seems a plausible explanation.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm

I have seen many women in this world, and if someone is trying to convince me that Hope Solo is less attractive than the average, then you must live in Paris or Milan.

Cuz the average woman in Northeast Ohio couldn't touch Hope Solo with a 90 foot pole. Which is probably a good thing, b/c they'd eat her for a snack.
Hikohadon

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:Wow. Gabby Douglas won the Ladies All-Around gold medal. 16 years old.

Well done.

Apparently she was scoring higher than the seniors four years ago but was too young to compete.

Sounds like she is going to be a dominant force.

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm

A year ago today I was in London for my honeymoon. Looks like I picked the wrong year to get married.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 am

After reading through some of this, the only thing that came as a surprise is Hope's old man isn't Hans.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:51 am

That Alex Gordon chick has missed 2 easy goals so far. Someone check to see if she's paid off.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 am

Hikohadon wrote:A year ago today I was in London for my honeymoon. Looks like I picked the wrong year to get married.

FORE!
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Hikohadon wrote:That Alex Gordon chick has missed 2 easy goals so far. Someone check to see if she's paid off.

She hasn't clicked it in yet over the past couple games. She's ridiculously fast and talented but still somewhat young.

Oh... and she's hot too.

Wambach has scored in all four games and Repinoe has really come into her own as well.

But Morgan tends to play huge in bigger games. I'd be surprised if she wasn't a force as they head deeper into tourney.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:A year ago today I was in London for my honeymoon. Looks like I picked the wrong year to get married.

FORE!

Yep. It was all I could do to let that pass last evening ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Or, you picked the wrong thing to do last year.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 pm

FUDU wrote:

Or, you picked the wrong thing to do last year.

Valid.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Squints » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:25 am

Serena just put on an absolute clinic! 6-0, 6-1 against Sharapova of all people. Complete dominance.
Squints

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:00 am

One more reason I quit watching the Olympics....tennis...Professional no less where the same players play each other that play each other every other week of the year

Badmitton?....seriously?...then cheat at it?...Good God almighty ::doh::

Syncronized treading water?..cuz it sure as hell ain't swimming

...and the faggy Brits actually have a Men's Team.... :thud:

Flag waving?

Ping Pong?....why not 8 Ball?....or golf?

Bowling anyone?

No

Fucvking

Way do I give a rats ass anymore

Let me know when they have Lesbian Dildo Marathon....
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 am

Anyone's old man still watch the Olympics like the good old days?

Pops is rootin' for those "commie" Russian gymnasts to fall, still wants Japan to lose because of the bataan death march....

Us youngins are too used to it being pre-game boner time for all these modern athletes. Magic and Isiah tounguing each other and constant bro-hugs, shit like that.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Squints wrote:Serena just put on an absolute clinic! 6-0, 6-1 against Sharapova of all people. Complete dominance.

A healthy, even semi-focused Serena is virtually impossible to contend with. Power AND speed.

BTW: Gotta love the US Men's strategery against Lithuania today: "We keep missing 3's? We'll just keep jacking up more of 'em anyway!"
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Britain win all the track and field medals that were contested tonight

Slick

third in the medals table...not bad for a tiny island

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Squints » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:02 am

Not that most people here give a shit, but the US just wrapped up one dominant swim meet. Yes, they didn't have the 8 individual gold medalist that makes the general public take note, but they displayed more depth than I have ever seen. 16 gold medals, medaling in almost every event, gold in 4 of 6 relays. Phelps and a few more are gone, but most of the same will be back. Sometimes it's nice to be the Yankees/Man U. I know that swimming is a niche sport and I'm fully aware of its place in the sports world, but it's a big deal in our family and community where we live.
Squints

Next

Return to No Holds Barred