Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Dewey Howard Soap Opera

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Dewey Howard Soap Opera

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 am

Though this topic is still far-fetched, there isn't much else to talk about now unless one wants to discuss Kyrie's pad-slapping injury or Waiters' Summer League fat/struggles.

Bynum and Howard have similar salary situations. Financially speaking, they can't really sign an extension now even if they wanted, unless they wanted to give up two years on the contract (and higher yearly increases, too? -I don't know-).

Howard not re-signing with the Lakers after this year makes no sense, for a lot of reasons. He's not apt to find a better situation at this point.

On Bynum, it's a much tougher call. Cavs have to rely on his promises to re-sign with them for 5 years if they are going to take on salaries like Turkoglu and J-Rich as well as trading draft picks. On the plus side, Hedu's contract is two years and only $6 million is guaranteed in year two, which makes him movable.

Still makes sense to move on him if Cleveland can do so.

I messed with the trade machine myself because I don't think the package is good enough for Orlando as has been mentioned. I don't know why they would want Varejao when they are rebuilding, and I think they'd want more salary relief. I came up with:

LAL gets Howard, G Davis
CLE gets Bynum, Turkoglu, J Richardson
ORL gets T Thompson, Walton, D Gibson, McRoberts, Eyenga, Casspi, 2013 #1 (CLE), 2013 #1 (LAL), 2013 #1 (SAC), 2015 #1 (LAL)

That's about the best reset button I could come up with for the Magic in this trade discussion.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Im not even sure what to say to that. You just compared an admittedly top 3 player at his position to JJ Hickson.

Read the post. I compared his intelligence to JJ's intelligence. Actually, I just noted that some Laker fans think he's a stupid player. Is that something to consider when you're talking about throwing tens of millions at a guy? I don't know, you tell me.

#1. If you sign a guy to a max deal at 24, you're not worried about the "end" of his career.

No, what you're worried about is that he has managed to play more than 65 games only once in a seven year career. What are the odds that number improves as he moves into his late 20's? I think there's a decent chance his career could end up like Brad Daugherty. But let's do this deal without thinking twice. Anything to get a star player, right?

#2. Bynum weighs 290 at a LEGIT 7 foot height. Waiters weighs what, 225 at 6'2?

It's the 290 pounds running up and down the floor on surgically repaired knees that concerns me. I wonder if Grant would think about that, if he ever got the chance to get Bynum.

#3. Zeller is a rookie 1st round pick who ideally should be coming off the bench and learning the game, while hopefully bulking up. His development would be helped by learning from one of the best in the game, not hindered.

Zeller played four years at UNC. Maybe you've heard of the school. He probably will come of the bench if Andy starts at center. But he's no project who only played one year of college ball like TT.

#4. How many "running" teams in this league are successful? Cavs were just terrible last year, especially in half court sets where Kyrie or Sessions didn't create something. The other 4 guys on the floor were incapable of creating their own shot.

Right. Which is why Scott wants to push the pace and take advantage of Waiters and KI in the open floor, with AV, TT, Zeller, and Gee filling a lane or beating their man down the floor as a trailer. Keep out of that half-court offense as much as possible. I'm not saying they'll be "successful", I'm just saying this is what they say they want to do.

Bottom line: in the fantasy land scenario where Bynum came to Cleveland (which is pure fantasy, because that shit never happens, ever) you take that deal without blinking. You need 2-3 stars to win in this league, and you just don't ever get a chance to get one, in their prime. Anything contrary to that is straight up foolishness of the highest order.

Take the deal without blinking. Right. Just hope Bynum doesn't have more knee problems and turn into Shawn Kemp Part II.

By the way, from everything I've read about Cavs management, they don't take a crap without blinking. They analyze everything to the nth degree. I'm just trying to think of some of the things they would consider if the opportunity to get this guy ever presented itself.

Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:On a side note: Zeller has looked pretty nice in summer league play. Don't think he's ready to bang with the big boys yet, but he's very athletic/mobile for a guy of his size, and his jumper is silky smooth. Kids going to be a nice rotational piece for a while.

I think I read that in college he hit 50% of his shots from 15-17 feet. I think they'll play him away from the basket to open up the paint for drives by KI, Waiters, and Gee. If the big guarding Zeller switches off, they can kick it back to Zeller for the open 15-footer with TT or AV crashing the glass.

Just my guess as to what we'll see this fall. Like you said, they won't ask him to "bang with the big boys" but will take advantage of the mobility. I don't know how good a pro he'll turn out to be, but I think his game kind of fits with what the Cavs want to do.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Without Jamo here, Zeller really does let the guys like AV and TT who don't have much of an offensive game crash the boards and play off the ball. Like that Samardo's game from range has looked good thus far, also....gives you some bigs who can score until you can get one in next year's (hopefully) high lottery.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Without Jamo here, Zeller really does let the guys like AV and TT who don't have much of an offensive game crash the boards and play off the ball. Like that Samardo's game from range has looked good thus far, also....gives you some bigs who can score until you can get one in next year's (hopefully) high lottery.

Are you out there watching the summer league games? They say Samardo is in better shape this year. Thanks for the observations on Zeller and Samardo. How does Waiters look (other than chunky?)

By the way, I'd tone down the positive comments on the Cavs unless you want to bring down a lot of hate on yourself.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Prosecutor wrote:By the way, I'd tone down the positive comments on the Cavs unless you want to bring down a lot of hate on yourself.

This is why you get shit for trolling.

Because that's the definition.

Make your comments, partake in the discussion and leave that crap out.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Non-sense, Tyler Zeller playing four years and having a decent shot means he is a gawd and the Cavs would never want a player like Andrew Bynum.

I mean, just look at Tyler Hansorough, FORCE OF NATURE.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:By the way, I'd tone down the positive comments on the Cavs unless you want to bring down a lot of hate on yourself.

You reprimand me for a benign tongue-in-cheek comment like that and say nothing to those who routinely suggest I go fuck myself, eat a Glock, call me a cunt, a retard, a moron, an idiot over and over again? If you wanna be the cop on this board at least do your damn job. Considering the sources I don't mind that shit but if you want to try and enforce some standards around here at least try and kind of be even-handed.

Is it trolling to suggest that the Cavs, in the unlikely event that they're actually presented with a legitimate opportunity to trade for Bynum, might consider the fact that he's managed to stay healthy only one year in a seven year career? That's trolling?

Or that they would have to give up three years of Anderson Varajao and several first round picks for a guy who weighs 290 and already has been through knee surgeries at age 24? Yeah, what a fucking troll I am.

Or that they're going to have to take on a couple of bad contracts to get this deal done? Like Jason Richardson, a 31-year-old shooting guard who shot 43% from the field and 59% from the line last year and is owed over $12 million the next two years assuming he exercises his player option? By the way, who starts at that position, Richardson or Waiters? What if Richardson expects to start but the Cavs prefer to develop Waiters? Think we might have a disgruntled vet on our hands who is earning way more than he's worth? Who cares, we got Bynum, right?

I think these are legitimate questions. Apparently I'm not getting much agreement. The consensus seems to be that if Bynum is available you do the deal, no matter the cost. A no brainer. I say ask questions first, shoot later. So maybe I'm the only one. I'm OK with that because I think the Cavs management wouldn't make a move of that risk and magnitude without examing every single implication, no matter how minute.

And I absolutely do get hate for saying anything positive about the Cavs, just about every damn time. Stating the facts is not trolling.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

You reprimand me for a benign tongue-in-cheek comment like that and say nothing to those who routinely suggest I go fuck myself, eat a Glock, call me a cunt, a retard, a moron, an idiot over and over again? If you wanna be the cop on this board at least do your damn job. Considering the sources I don't mind that shit but if you want to try and enforce some standards around here at least try and kind of be even-handed.

Is it trolling to suggest that the Cavs, in the unlikely event that they're actually presented with a legitimate opportunity to trade for Bynum, might consider the fact that he's managed to stay healthy only one year in a seven year career? That's trolling?

Or that they would have to give up three years of Anderson Varajao and several first round picks for a guy who weighs 290 and already has been through knee surgeries at age 24? Yeah, what a fucking troll I am.

Or that they're going to have to take on a couple of bad contracts to get this deal done? Like Jason Richardson, a 31-year-old shooting guard who shot 43% from the field and 59% from the line last year and is owed over $12 million the next two years assuming he exercises his player option? By the way, who starts at that position, Richardson or Waiters? What if Richardson expects to start but the Cavs prefer to develop Waiters? Think we might have a disgruntled vet on our hands who is earning way more than he's worth? Who cares, we got Bynum, right?

I think these are legitimate questions. Apparently I'm not getting much agreement. The consensus seems to be that if Bynum is available you do the deal, no matter the cost. A no brainer. I say ask questions first, shoot later. So maybe I'm the only one. I'm OK with that because I think the Cavs management wouldn't make a move of that risk and magnitude without examing every single implication, no matter how minute.

And I absolutely do get hate for saying anything positive about the Cavs, just about every damn time. Stating the facts is not trolling.

What was Bynum's +/- with the Lakers? :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:16 am

Hey Pros, eat the glock you fucking useless moron.

Again, how are you gainfully employed?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 am

Bynum has a genetic predisposition for knee injuries, ligamentous laxity (or “looseness”) contributing to hurting his left knee in 2008 and then his right knee in 2009 and ’10. He wears a brace over the right knee in games and practices and has been told to wear it for the rest of his career. His risk management is so intensive that he even planned to wear a brace over the left knee in the 2009-10 season despite it not bothering him at any point during the previous season.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/segu ... bynum.html

Bynum has played between 35-65 regular season games over the last five years, averaging 52.8 games per season. He's missed over one-third of the Lakers' regular season games in that span. His knee injuries have included a partially dislocated left kneecap, a torn MCL, and a torn meniscus.

When he's healthy he's an awesome player, no question. The question is whether the Cavs management would roll the dice with a player who has a "genetic predisposition for knee injuries" and has been unable to play a full season in the last five years, especially if it will cost them Varajao, some first round picks, and they'll have to take on bad contracts as well as pay max dollars for Bynum, thus pissing away a lot of the cap flexibility they've been working so hard at putting in place.

It's my understanding the Cavs philosophy is to never again be held hostage by one player, and acquiring Bynum would put them dangerously close to that situation, which might also be a factor in their decision making process, if it ever came to that.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 am

^How would Bynum be holding them hostage? He wants to be more than a 4th option which he would currently be in LA. He has said he's open to playing for Scott and alongside Irving. Sound slike he's more intrigued by how his game could improve playing alongside a true point guard and not having to defer to Mamba. Doesn't sound like a guy who wants to give his buddies jobs w/ the organization and play by his own rules.

But if it helps your arguement that it's better to keep 3 yrs of an injury plagued AV, an unproven TT and a free lane to the hoop rather than land one of the top Centers in the game then so be it.

Amare had microfracture surgery on his knee, if he was to be traded to the Cavs back in either '09 or '10, would you have fought that hoping that Hickson would of "gotten it" b/c his knees were sound?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 am

Prosecutor wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Who's reprimanding you?

I'm telling you why people tell you you're a troll.

I personally don't care one way or the other as I think you're just an uninformed Cleveland homer that looks but doesn't see and listens without hearing.

And your "facts" are anything but in many cases. Like the fact Ubaldo is turning it around and that +/- is a viable indicator of ability/worth/production, etc. You can put a week or two worth of numbers against months worth and see what hope to see but it doesn't make it what you want it to be.

When it comes to certain people disputing those 'facts' you prefer to get pissy and defensive as opposed to listening and maybe learning.

If I walked around angry or defensive every time e0y2e3 pissed me off I'd walk around angry 24/7. But when it comes to the NBA there are few who know it better. Your knowledge and mine is superficial compared to his and others whether you wanna hear it or not.

As to Bynum? Don't care a bit.

It''s not happening. Not now, not when he gets a choice. To think it will is pure folly and not worth me investing time in thinking about it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

CP wrote:LAL gets Howard, G Davis
ORL gets T Thompson, Walton, D Gibson, McRoberts, Eyenga, Casspi, 2013 #1 (CLE), 2013 #1 (LAL), 2013 #1 (SAC), 2015 #1 (LAL)
That's about the best reset button I could come up with for the Magic in this trade discussion.

So you're saying the Magic would take TT, the bottom half of the Cavs' bench, and a couple #1s for Superman? It might work in the trade machine, but any GM with common sense would say, "Give me the #1s, but keep all your crapola."
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Bernie-Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 am

This is a no brainer to me if Bynum agrees to sign here.

You gotta roll the dice if you're the Cavs. Bynum is 23 and one of the top 5 centers in the NBA, and you could make the argument hes the #2. Getting him and hoping he can stay healthy is the only chance you have to get the people to come here that you'll need to win a title. Guys aren't gonna come here to play with Tristan Thompson and Van Waiters, I can tell ya that much.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 am

jerryroche wrote:
CP wrote:LAL gets Howard, G Davis

So you're saying the Magic would take TT, the bottom half of the Cavs' bench, and a couple #1s for Superman? It might work in the trade machine, but any GM with common sense would say, "Give me the #1s, but keep all your crapola."

You have to make the salaries match.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:You have to make the salaries match.

I know that. What I'm saying is that sometimes "making salaries match" is only one component of a trade. While the salaries might match, the common sense component just doesn't pass muster.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Bernie-Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:04 pm

You know, Pros is right, Tyler Zeller and a bunch of Dion Waiters is harder to come by in the NBA than a fucking 24 year old 7 foot monster who is the second most disruptive force near the hoop (and has a more refined offensive game than Dewey) that can run and is a bona-fide annual All-Star.

That is certainly less valuable (especially after being healthy for a year) than Tyler Fucking Zeller and draft picks.

As I said before, even having this discussion is beyond stupid, but any fucking waste of oxygen pretending that the Cavs FO would turn down Bynum for fodder because of shit like Tyler Zeller getting minutes and J-Rich having two years left on his contract (OH KNOWZ!!!) really is so fucking stupid they need to be erased from the earth and probably should have been tossed in a river when they were born.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm not 24.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:52 pm

How would Bynum be holding them hostage?

Poor choice of words on my part, Larvell. What I was trying to say is that they would be held hostage to Bynum being healthy. If one of those congenitally loose knees were to give out, they'd be screwed. This is assuming they gave him a max contract and took on a couple of "bad" contracts, which would severely reduce their cap space. Also, by giving up draft picks it would eliminate their ability to improve through the draft for a couple of years. They would pretty much be locked into Bynum without much of a safety net.

Somebody said they should go ahead and "roll the dice". That might be the best bet if your goal is NBA Championship or bust. I just don't see this management group as dice rollers. I see them as patient franchise builders following the Oklahoma City and San Antonio models. I get the impression they want another Cavs team similar to the Price/Daugherty/Nance/Hot Rod/Harper group, where they weren't dependent on the whims or health of a single player, like they were with LeBron.

Of course Bynum is no LeBron by any stretch, but the investment to get him would be so high that they would in effect be hostage to his availability. And in the last five years he's only averaged 53 regular season games a year. That's not a track record they want to roll the dice on, IMO. There's no reason to believe he'll play 82 games a year, especially with seven years of wear and tear already and he's not getting younger. He's not a force, not when he's in the trainer's room doing rehab.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Like OKC? The team that was so desperate to find a center they traded to trade for a hurt Tyson Chandler (their Doc sent him back) and traded one of their best young players for and paid a coming off knee injury that year and underperforming Kendrick Perkins so much money they won't be able to keep their growing young stud PF when he hits FA?

You mean not rolling the dice on knee injuries like them? It's not like a young Jeff Green wasn't more valuable than any young player on this roster not named Kyrie... OH WAIT!

Waste. Of. Oxygen.

PS: you can't factor in complete seasons he misses hurting his average number of games played per year and then count that season as wear and tear on his body you illogical cunt.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:07 am

PS: you can't factor in complete seasons he misses hurting his average number of games played per year and then count that season as wear and tear on his body

Maybe you'd be kind enough to point out those "complete seasons he missed". Here's the link to his career stats in case you're not that familiar with this player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... drew-bynum

I specifically pointed out that Bynum has played between 35-65 games in six of his seven seasons. He played 82 games once, in his second season. I don't know how you got the idea that I think he has missed entire seasons due to injury since I cited the exact numbers.

Anyway, Terry Pluto laid it out in his column this morning, cribbing from an ESPN report. Howard and Bynum are only allowed to sign three-year extensions under the new bargaining agreement. If they wait until the end of this season they can sign with anybody for five years and much more guaranteed money. The Lakers are willing to trade for Howard anyway and try to convince him to sign with them for five years after the season. The Magic have to trade Howard or he walks and they get nothing. Hence the Howard to the Lakers trade rumors.

It appears the Cavs were thrown into the deal by the media because they have a lot of cap space and could be a landing spot for Bynum. If the Cavs were actually pitched as a third partner in this deal they would have to assume they'd be getting Bynum for one year only. And they'd have to decide what that would be worth to them.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:28 am

Who's reprimanding you?

It sounded like you were telling me that my observation that some posters get derisive and scornful whenever a positive or optimistic comment on the Cavs is made was inappropriate and that I should "cut that crap out". That sounded like a reprimand. My apologies if that was not your intent.

I'm telling you why people tell you you're a troll.

Much appreciated.

I personally don't care one way or the other as I think you're just an uninformed Cleveland homer that looks but doesn't see and listens without hearing.

OK

And your "facts" are anything but in many cases. Like the fact Ubaldo is turning it around and that +/- is a viable indicator of ability/worth/production, etc. You can put a week or two worth of numbers against months worth and see what hope to see but it doesn't make it what you want it to be.

From June 5 to July 7 Ubaldo started seven games with an ERA of 2.50. It fits my definition of "turning it around". I guess it didn't fit yours. There were also columns about how he and the pitching coach had studied film, isolated problems, and improved his mechanics, and the results over seven consecutive starts bore that out. So I said it looks like he's turning it around. This is what I'm talking about. Any positive or optimistic comments, even those based on facts, are met with knee-jerk derision.

When it comes to certain people disputing those 'facts' you prefer to get pissy and defensive as opposed to listening and maybe learning.

Pissy? You mean like all those times I tell people to go fuck themselves and call them cunts and morons and suggest they kill themselves? Sorry. I'll try to cut back on that. Maybe you could point out some other poster I could emulate, somebody on this board you admire.

If I walked around angry or defensive every time e0y2e3 pissed me off I'd walk around angry 24/7. But when it comes to the NBA there are few who know it better. Your knowledge and mine is superficial compared to his and others whether you wanna hear it or not.

The guy is a walking NBA encyclopedia. If you're wondering why the Thunder traded for Kendrick Perkins, he's your guy. He also thinks TT can't dunk, that NBA coaches don't watch game film on their opponents, that Bismack Byombo had a "monster February" last year, and that I've never seen Bynum play. I won't be kissing his ass anytime soon.

By the way, he doesn't make me angry or defensive. Just embarassed to see someone put their anti-social personality disorder on full display on a daily basis.

As to Bynum? Don't care a bit.

It''s not happening. Not now, not when he gets a choice. To think it will is pure folly and not worth me investing time in thinking about it.

True, and I foolishly got caught up in a hypothetical discussion based on a "what if". But you have to admit, getting Bynum on this team would make this season pretty damn interesting, so when the national media starts throwing it around, it's hard not to respond.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:59 am

I'll type this in four year old speak for you cunt:

If a player plays two seasons totaling less than 82 games you can't call that out as a problem because he isn't playing and then scream AND HE HAS TWO SEASONS OF WEAR AND TEAR ON HIS BODY!#%!@#%!

You are an illogical piece of shit that seriously needs to be eradicated from the earth before reproducing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:17 pm

BTW: Byron Scott's "RUNNINGS OFFENSE" you hang your hat on cunt? Ranked 11th in the NBA in pace each of the last two years.

And, with the data I have going back to the 2006 season he ranked, 9th, 29th, and 28th in his last three seasons in New Orleans. Typically bad young teams rate highly in pace, for obvious reasons, but beyond that Scott has never ran some crazy paced system a 7 foot freak athlete wouldn't fit in (See Chandler, Tyson).

But again, you don't watch, read, or understand hoops so you pretend like this is the rebirth of the 7SoL Suns, when it really and clearly fucking isn't.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:BTW: Byron Scott's "RUNNINGS OFFENSE" you hang your hat on cunt? Ranked 11th in the NBA in pace each of the last two years.

And, with the data I have going back to the 2006 season he ranked, 9th, 29th, and 28th in his last three seasons in New Orleans. Typically bad young teams rate highly in pace, for obvious reasons, but beyond that Scott has never ran some crazy paced system a 7 foot freak athlete wouldn't fit in (See Chandler, Tyson).

But again, you don't watch, read, or understand hoops so you pretend like this is the rebirth of the 7SoL Suns, when it really and clearly fucking isn't.

You're destroying the sanctity of the word 'cunt' at this point.

Dying a death from overuse.

Can you mix it up? Save it for when it's best served?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:23 pm

I refuse to call the troll anything else until it spares the world the threat of it reproducing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:03 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I refuse to call the troll anything else until it spares the world the threat of it reproducing.

Too late.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Perhaps the best 11 word sentence I have read all year.
mattvan1

Unread postby comish » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:14 pm

:pop:

This is def sounding like it was all smoke and no fire, but if you DID have a chance to add somebody like Bynum, put me in the...you gotta get that done camp.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:28 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Hey, did you know that was an 11 word sentence, too?
So there must be serious competition for best 11 word sentences.
How does one enter the contest for best 11 word sentence?
If you type an 11 word sentence are you automatically entered?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 pm

comish wrote::pop:

This is def sounding like it was all smoke and no fire, but if you DID have a chance to add somebody like Bynum, put me in the...you gotta get that done camp.

I would take Bynum on the Cavs, but not for only a 1-year deal. No way. Only if we were in contention.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:43 pm

OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I see what you did there.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:25 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

If you saw what I did, then why not play along?
By the way, could you tell me what your avatar is?
I apologize for not recognizing what your avatar happens to be.
OldDawg

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 pm

OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Sorry I confused you. Utilizing the word "cunt" was the determining factor in the quality of the sentence.

To be honest, I am kinda sad you could noy figure this out on your own.
mattvan1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 pm

OldDawg wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

It's bowler Jesus Quintana, who is a pederast, with a record.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't think Matt is comprehending what he has created here.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Sorry I confused you. Utilizing the word "cunt" was the determining factor in the quality of the sentence.

C'mon, Matt. Serioulsy? You needed to explain that to me??
Let me explain to you what even motherscratcher figured out, as per his last post.
Your sentence:

is also an 11-word sentence.

All of my following sentences:

are all 11-word sentences.

As are motherscatchers' sentences when I challenged him to play along.
It's bowler Jesus Quintana, who is a pederast, with a record.
I don't think Matt is comprehending what he has created here.

OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:58 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I don't think Matt is comprehending what he has created here.

Thanks, motherscratcher, for availing that information to me about your avatar.
Maybe matt is not qualified to be judging 11 word sentences.
OldDawg

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 pm

OldDawg wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I don't think Matt is comprehending what he has created here.

I mean no offense, but you people are a bit daft.

The key is Brian's sentence contained the four letter "C" word.

That is the primary reason for the greatness of the sentence.
mattvan1

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:47 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:

I mean no offense, but you people are a bit daft.

The key is Brian's sentence contained the four letter "C" word.

That is the primary reason for the greatness of the sentence.

No offense taken. None meant by me. Daftness is fine, thank you.
I understood the point you made originally. And I wasn't questioning your statement at all. Nor was I questioning the validity of your proclamation of the greatness of said sentence. I was just being a little daft in recognizing that your claim was actually an 11-word sentence as well. Irony, if you will. And then my barage of 11-word sentences, was merely a ploy to over-kill the useage of 11 word sentences. This was to be some sort of word play puzzle, if you will. A ploy that motherscratcher caught on to (not surprisingly, knowing his sense of humor). None of said 11-word sentences was to belittle your 11-word claim that Peeker's 11-word sentence was the best you've ever read. I was merely being, how do you say.... daft.

I figured if people can go off topic and into multipost bashes thrashing fellow TCF members using any sort of language, then I would be allowed to engage in a little nonsensical levity, totally unrelated to the topic as well. Daft, I guess.

And please note these, too, were sentences of...
... well, you know.
OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:53 pm

And while we're at it, mattvan, I have always wondered about your avatar as well. Who is that?
OldDawg

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 pm

OldDawg wrote:And while we're at it, mattvan, I have always wondered about your avatar as well. Who is that?

Blasphemy
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby pup » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 am

I think I said it earlier in this thread, but it bears repeating.

If you believe the Cavaliers would be better off NOT having Andrew Bynum, you are an idiot.

It would be so difficult for him to be accepting to sign his 5 year extension after the season, wouldn't it?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

motherscratcher wrote:
OldDawg wrote:And while we're at it, mattvan, I have always wondered about your avatar as well. Who is that?

Blasphemy

Agree (in strained TV Batman voice) Must... refrain... from replying before Mattvan
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 am

googleeph2 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Blasphemy

Agree (in strained TV Batman voice) Must... refrain... from replying before Mattvan

Crap! I better get my hard hat and bullet-proof vest on! Sorry guys.
OldDawg

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:20 am

Hal Lebovitz
Hal Lebovitz was a longtime sportswriter and award-winning columnist. He was a fixture on Cleveland, Ohio's sports scene for more than six decades. In 2000, he was inducted into the writer's wing of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby rk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am

So that's not Mattvan?

Here I thought everyone used their real picture as their avatar.

<-- RK puking in Japan after drinking too many Sake bombs.

Posters who don't use avatars are of course TrollBots.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:44 am

Orenthal wrote:

Hal Lebovitz
Hal Lebovitz was a longtime sportswriter and award-winning columnist. He was a fixture on Cleveland, Ohio's sports scene for more than six decades. In 2000, he was inducted into the writer's wing of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.

Thanks. I knew I had seen him, but I couldn't remember from where. Sorry for my ignorance, men.
OldDawg

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

OldDawg wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Hey can I play too, I'm really good at these games.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA