Text Size

The Rumble Room

Barrera vs Pacquiao Preview

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Barrera vs Pacquiao Preview

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:30 pm

Live from Las Vegas, boxing fans are in store for a treat when Manny Pacquiao steps in with Marco Antonio Barrera at the Mandalay Bay.
This fight is a rematch from 2003 that was an action packed Pacquiao victory. He scored an 11th round TKO that put him on the top of the boxing heap.

“Pac-man” is now considered one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. His action packed style along with great power for a 130 pound fighter makes him a crowd favorite. He brings in very impressive record of 44-3-2 with 35 of those wins coming via knockout. Pacquiao hold victories over Erik Morales and Barrera and fought to a draw with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Marco Antonio Barrera is another guy that when he steps into the squared circle you know you’ll be in for a show. He’ll bring in a 63-5 record with 42 knockouts. His trilogy with Erik Morales was legendary. Barrera is known for his warrior attitude and straight ahead style. Many boxing observers however think he might be another fighter who has hung on too long.

I feel that Marco Antonio Barrera has a chip on his shoulder coming into this rematch. He is a big underdog and feels disrespected. In order to secure his legacy, he needs a win over Pacquiao who made him look bad in their first matchup. He has been waiting for this fight since 2003.
Manny Pacquiao can vault up the rankings with another impressive victory. There are rumblings that he hasn’t taken this fight serious because of the way he manhandled Barrera in their earlier encounter. If that is the case, he might be in for an early night.

I look for this fight to be another battle with both guys coming out with guns a blazing. The fighter who can establish the pace early on will have the upper hand. Pacquiao will look to brawl as he always does. If he is able to bait Barrera into that style in the beginning of the fight, he might dominate the fight as he did in the first meeting.

Barrera in order to win will have to sit back and look to counter punch. He’ll be able to land some good shots as Manny leaves himself open at times while throwing his bombs. The longer the fight goes , I think that will give Barrera the upper hand. Manny will look for a KO victory while Barrera has to be patient.

I can’t wait for this matchup. The world of boxing has a great buzz to it, thanks to Kelly Pavlik and his victory last weekend. Marco Antonio Barrera and Manny Pacquiao should keep people talking with what should be another fight of the year candidate. This is yet another must see for fight fans.

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:31 pm

I like Barrera in the upset. 8th rd KO or TKO

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Franciso Bojado is on the undercard and I love to watch him fight.
Another action packed fight.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:44 am

Manny by unanimous decision.

Return to The Rumble Room