Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Dewey Howard Soap Opera

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Dewey Howard Soap Opera

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah but now there's a smoking gun!
Cavaliers GM Chris Grant was in Las Vegas watching summer-league action but made an unplanned return to Cleveland, sources say, and is not expected to return.

Fuckin retards. Of course the Magic will trade Dwight for no salary relief and no star!
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:02 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Yeah but now there's a smoking gun!
Cavaliers GM Chris Grant was in Las Vegas watching summer-league action but made an unplanned return to Cleveland, sources say, and is not expected to return.

Fuckin retards. Of course the Magic will trade Dwight for no salary relief and no star!

What do you mean no star? I heard they were getting Varejao in the deal.

:hide: :hide:
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 pm

On a serious note. How does ESPN get away with reporting such utter shit?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:On a serious note. How does ESPN get away with reporting such utter shit?

Because it drives their ratings, and the average viewer/reader is an idiot.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby rk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:On a serious note. How does ESPN get away with reporting such utter shit?

Stephen A. Smith demos well with the average NBA fan.

Topical.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby RC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Yeah, I understand this is silly with these trades but I have a feeling this rumour is starting to get some legs.

Really? Chris Grant came back for Kyrie Irving's surgery? What did he do have flowers with him in the waiting room? Wouldn't a quick 'great that the surgery is successful!' phone call be enough? Maybe he has personal issues or something but doesn't doesn't pass the smell test there.

Now, Howard for Side Show Bob and picks doesn't sound too exciting however think of it this way....the Cavs could have 3 first round picks next year (if the Sacramento pick comes though). That doesn't even consider the LA Lakers swap.

If the Cavs absorb another nasty contract to get it done and offer all their first rounders in 2013 as well as say the Miami pick in 2015 they got for Lebron suddenly this doesn't look too bad.

Did this on the trade machine:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=85br88u

For you guys that are too lazy to click it's
Lakers get Dwight Howard
Orlando gets Verejao, and the ending contracts of Luke Walton and Daniel Gibson and all the Cavs 1st round picks (possibly 3 but get all the rights) in 2013 and the Miami pick in 2015.
Cavs get Andrew Bynum and the horrible contracts of Hedo Turkyglue and Jason Richardson.

That's the best I could come up with that would be as fair as possible for all teams. Lakers get Dwight, Orlando gets multiple first round picks, Anderson Verejao, and gets to shed the horrible contracts of Hedo and Richardson (adds up to 17.6 million). Cavs get their franchise center in Bynum and also a decent starting SG in Jason Richardson so we can make Deon Waiters come off the bench.

It also makes me happy that Chris Grant can't screw up the 2013 draft.

C - Bynum
PF - Thompson
SF - Gee
SG - Richardson
PG - Irving

Have Hedo, Zeller, and Waiters coming off the bench.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm

RC wrote:Really? Chris Grant came back for Kyrie Irving's surgery? What did he do have flowers with him in the waiting room? Wouldn't a quick 'great that the surgery is successful!' phone call be enough?

He could also pick up the phone to conduct trade talks. There is zero credence to this, I will bet my one remaining testicle on that.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby RC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
RC wrote:Really? Chris Grant came back for Kyrie Irving's surgery? What did he do have flowers with him in the waiting room? Wouldn't a quick 'great that the surgery is successful!' phone call be enough?

He could also pick up the phone to conduct trade talks. There is zero credence to this, I will bet my one remaining testicle on that.

Point taken, however unless Kyrie is having Grant's baby why does he need to fly back to Cleveland to check on the surgery?

It might not be for a trade but I call bullshit on the 'I came back for Kyrie's surgery' excuse.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Did he really say that?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby rk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:19 pm

RC wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:It might not be for a trade but I call bullshit on the 'I came back for Kyrie's surgery' excuse.

Why? Kyrie = Chris Grant's Future Income Stream

I would be sampling all of his food before he ate it if I was CG. Besides it's not like he's missing anything in Vegas watching his reach of a draft pick sucking up the place.

As for the rumor any trade between the Lakers and Orlando that doesn't end up with Bynum in Orlando will be trumped by whatever Houston is offering. Cavs will ask for pick(s) and won't take on any longterm contracts and either Orlando or LA will balk.

Yawn.
rk

Unread postby andrew6586 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 pm

It seems like we are losing a lot (not necessarily is Andy but in the picks) to pick up some bad contracts. We have a ton of money to spend but where to we go after this year? What if Bynum leaves and we still don't have any firsts next year? I don't want Turk or Richardson at all but definitely not after this year.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:He could also pick up the phone to conduct trade talks. There is zero credence to this, I will bet my one remaining testicle on that.

Dang! Sorry to hear your first testicle bet didn't go well for you.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 pm

andrew6586 wrote:It seems like we are losing a lot (not necessarily is Andy but in the picks) to pick up some bad contracts. We have a ton of money to spend but where to we go after this year? What if Bynum leaves and we still don't have any firsts next year? I don't want Turk or Richardson at all but definitely not after this year.

With the way our moron GM drafts, I say get rid of as many picks as possible. Besides, this is the type of trade you take a risk on. It's not often that a player like Bynum is available. If you have the chance to do it, you do it. And if injuries derail his career, or if he leaves, then we start over. Again. Not like we haven't done it before.

That said, I'd be absolutely stunned if this ever actually went down.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

andrew6586 wrote:It seems like we are losing a lot (not necessarily is Andy but in the picks) to pick up some bad contracts. We have a ton of money to spend but where to we go after this year? What if Bynum leaves and we still don't have any firsts next year? I don't want Turk or Richardson at all but definitely not after this year.

As the rumor goes, it all hinges on the Cavs signing Bynum long term.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

RC wrote:C - Bynum
PF - Thompson
SF - Gee
SG - Richardson
PG - Irving

Or if Grant had a freaking brain...

PG-Irving
SG - Richardson
SF - Vala
PF - TRobinson
C - Bynum
Bench: Zeller, Gee, Turkeyglue, Gibson, Caspri

Sorry. I can't forgive Grant...
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby JJN » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:29 am

OldDawg wrote:
RC wrote:C - Bynum
PF - Thompson
SF - Gee
SG - Richardson
PG - Irving

Or if Grant had a freaking brain...

PG-Irving
SG - Richardson
SF - Vala
PF - TRobinson
C - Bynum
Bench: Zeller, Gee, Turkeyglue, Gibson, Caspri

Sorry. I can't forgive Grant...

Vala is a center, not a 3, but it was still a bad pick.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

We're getting into semantics here, but if we'd drafted Vala, we wouldn't have traded for Zeller (in all probability). There'd also be a very good chance he'd be one of the outgoing pieces for Bynum (assuming he'd be eligible...we could probably trade his rights, but being as he just signed with Toronto, I don't think he'd be eligible to be traded).
StewieG

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am

How good is Bynum? What is he worth? Isn't he hurt a lot?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:27 am

Bynum is very good. 2nd best center in the league, behind Howard. He's worth...well, let's just say if we give up a couple of 1st round picks and, say, TT or Andy...we got a steal.

And yes, he's been hurt a lot. That's the only reason he's available in the first place. I did read somewhere (might have even been this board, but not sure) that he actually, you know, strengthened his knees last offseason, which contributed to his relatively healthier season. No idea if that's true or not, but there it is.

IMO, he's absolutely worth the risk. He's 24, the 2nd best center in the league, and you have a chance to get him for a couple of first round picks and either a bust or a guy who doesn't factor into your long-term plans. If this deal really is on the table, you do it.
StewieG

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:53 am

He's also about a mature as a 3 year-old. He was drafted at 17 and never grew up. Guy is too much problem. Which is why the Lakers want him gone.

That said, Coach Brown doesn't know how to deal with him (surprise!) Maybe Coach Scott could light a fire...though I think it would make things worse. He's just a f-ing brat and a hated teammate. See eyo's avatar for a great description.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:36 am

I don't know if it add's insight or not but I did check some Laker fan forums and most Laker fans don't seem upset about losing him. Many say he is imature and has rocks in his head and is not worth a max deal. They also site the bad knees.

As we all know many fans also have rocks in their head so take those comments for what they are or are not worth.

The fact they are willing to trade the 2nd best center in the league for a total prima dona that is also the best center in the league says something. If Bynum was a great teammate, high bball IQ, etc. you would think they wouldn't want to take on Howard and Howard's baggage in exchange for him.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 am

Idiots.

We wouldn't want Bynum? Really?

Idiots.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 am

I'm not in that group. You get second best center in the league a legit low post option at 24 years old. You only give up Andy who we've discussed as a must trade asset, and you team up Bynum with Irving... NO BRAINER. Then again I haven't followed this stuff very closely, so who knows about these rumors.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am

Spin wrote:

As the rumor goes, it all hinges on the Cavs signing Bynum long term.

That's what I figured. However Bynum is a diva and divas want to be the star of the team. He won't be that in Cleveland. He could be that in a place like Portland or Indiana.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

Immature?
low B-ball IQ?
not worth max deal?
attitude problem?

He doesn't want to become a 4th option in L.A. He instantly becomes option 1A which may eliminate the immaturity and attitude problem.

Guy instantly makes your team better on the court. No brainer decision if you can get him long term. He also helps close up the 4 lane highway to the bucket that teams performed lay up drills in vs the Cavs last year.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That.

Bynum wants to be #1 option.

I would be shocked if this deal gets done. But :).
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 am

pod2dawg wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That.

Bynum wants to be #1 option.

I would be shocked if this deal gets done. But :).

I'm not so sure he can be number 1 here. This is Kyrie's team now. He's in charge and the fan favorite. He's getting the ball with the game on the line. Bynum would have to be Scotty Pippen. I'm not sure he can mentally be that seeing as being Scotty Pippen has gotten him in the situation he's in now.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby rk » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:He doesn't want to become a 4th option in L.A. He instantly becomes option 1A which may eliminate the immaturity and attitude problem.

Is Waiters 1B? After he loses his baby fat, of course.

lol

andrew6586 wrote:That's what I figured. However Bynum is a diva and divas want to be the star of the team. He won't be that in Cleveland. He could be that in a place like Portland or Indiana.

I think that's overstating it a little. Everything I've read points to someone who is sick of playing on 'Kobe's' team and is sick of LA fans ripping him. He wants a fresh start on a team where he can be one of the go to guys and where he can play with a real point guard. Something he arguably has not had a chance to do in his career although obviously should have an opportunity to do now in LA.

I mean there's a reason why Cleveland is on his list and it's not because of our winters or our new casino. He wants to play for Scott and with Irving.

And while this is in all likelihood still going to be Kyrie's team he's a distributor and a closer not someone who seems to need to know that HE controls the team ala Lebron/Wade/Howard. Maybe I'm wrong but Bynum doesn't seem to want that control or want to play with someone with that control issue.

He is a dumb basketball player but the Cavs are a playoff team with him and have the potential with a good wing player of being more.
rk

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:11 am

I just can't believe he came out and said he wouldn't mind playing here. I feel like Jamo and an aging Shaq are the only two people to say that in the last 20 years.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 am

rk wrote:I mean there's a reason why Cleveland is on his list and it's not because of our winters or our new casino.

All he did was mention the 3 teams that currently have significant cap space for next year. He was just keeping his options as open as possible. Nothing more nothing less.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:I don't know if it add's insight or not but I did check some Laker fan forums and most Laker fans don't seem upset about losing him. Many say he is imature and has rocks in his head and is not worth a max deal. They also site the bad knees.

As we all know many fans also have rocks in their head so take those comments for what they are or are not worth.

The fact they are willing to trade the 2nd best center in the league for a total prima dona that is also the best center in the league says something. If Bynum was a great teammate, high bball IQ, etc. you would think they wouldn't want to take on Howard and Howard's baggage in exchange for him.

Laker Fan Wants & Needs > Cavalier Fan Wants & Needs
Yankees/Tribe, Steelers/Browns, My choice of a woman/George Clooney's choice of a woman.
As someone stated above, this opportunity is pretty rare. I hope the Cavs do any/everything possible to get this deal done. Do I think it will happen? No. But if it does, I will be ecstatic. Don't think there would be much to worry about w/immaturity. The Cavs would be such a young team with a strong nucleus; immaturity issues don't come out too much when teams are winning IMO.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
rk wrote:I mean there's a reason why Cleveland is on his list and it's not because of our winters or our new casino.

All he did was mention the 3 teams that currently have significant cap space for next year. He was just keeping his options as open as possible. Nothing more nothing less.

Yep.

That simple was statement was 100% his agent telling him to keep leverage over the Lakers by showing you know who has cap space next year!!!!

Fucking christ, this thread is an overreactive abortion, from schmuks not wanting him to schmuks pretending like he is actually an option.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Also, really glad a few days off the internet resulted in more baseball bullshit from ESPN about Dewey.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Been in meetings and out of touch for 2 days, did we get Bynum yet? I cant wait for this to happen, best thing to happen to Cleveland since dropping the a.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Everyone else;

Yukyuk;

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Bynum's agent weighs in:

"I've had zero conversations with Chris Grant," said David Lee, Bynum's agent. "I would imagine any team involved in this trade would be smart enough to talk to us."

"I am often puzzled as to the basis of an article. I am particularly puzzled with that one," Lee said. "When I read it, I was in Alaska with Andrew and his family. I have no clue who he could have been talking to. I was taken aback by the list, considering there is nobody in anybody's camp he could've been talking to. I have no idea where that came about."

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cav ... l-1.321304
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Charles Barkley ‏@CHARLESBARRKLEY
"I love Dwight Howard as a person and as a player, but he's getting on my last damn nerve."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

A-Fucking-Men
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Charles Barkley ‏@CHARLESBARRKLEY
"I love Dwight Howard as a person and as a player, but he's getting on my last damn nerve."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

A-Fucking-Men

I don't love him as a person (as a person he can eat a dick), but yeah.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 am

Bynum will be a free agent after this season. Why would he agree to sign a long term deal with the Cavs now when he could shop himself to every team in the league as soon as the season is over? And if he won't commit long term to the Cavs, why would they give up Andy and some first round picks plus pick up some bad contracts to acquire his services for one season before he takes his talents elsewhere?

The Cavs still have Andy under team control for three more seasons.

If the Cavs get Bynum, does Zeller become the backup center for the next four years? In that case, didn't they just overpay for a guy who will play 12 minutes a game?

The Magic have to trade Howard. There's no other option that's realistic unless they want to see him walk in return for nothing. The pressure is on them. The Cavs can sit back with their cap space and wait for a deal that makes sense to come to them, which most likely won't happen.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:27 am

Zeller? Who gives a shit about Zeller?

He's a nice player and all, but when Bynum is on the table he's not even a little bit of a concern. Worrying about Zeller is like saying "Sure, I'd love to have Calvin Johnson on the Browns, but if we traded for him what would we do with Greg Little?"
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby JJN » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 am

Prosecutor wrote:If the Cavs get Bynum, does Zeller become the backup center for the next four years? In that case, didn't they just overpay for a guy who will play 12 minutes a game?

DeSagana Diop is going to make 6.9 million dollars this year. DeSagana Diop is going to make 6.9 million dollars this year. DeSagana fucking Diop, who played 12 minutes a game last year and shot 35.7% Fg and 16.7% FT is going to make six point nine fucking million dollars next year.

Perspective.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 am

motherscratcher wrote:Zeller? Who gives a shit about Zeller?

He's a nice player and all, but when Bynum is on the table he's not even a little bit of a concern. Worrying about Zeller is like saying "Sure, I'd love to have Calvin Johnson on the Browns, but if we traded for him what would we do with Greg Little?"

I knew somebody would come back with that. I'm not "worrying" about Zeller and he's not a "concern". I just threw that on the pile of reasons why this trade doesn't seem to be a great fit for the Cavs. If they had a black hole at center, that would be different, but I'm not too worried about center when they have AV and Zeller, with TT also able to fill in if necessary.

The Cavs seem to place a high value on character and work ethic. I'm wondering if they would think twice about acquiring a guy who is concerned about how high an "option" he is in the team's offense.

Also, Bynum weighs 290 and has been in the league seven years, beginning at age 17. He's played more than 65 games exactly once - his second year. He's played more than 60 games twice. He's been hurt every year but one. He's had knee surgeries. I read years ago that it's not unusual for bigger players who subject their bodies to the pounding of an NBA season at an early age, before they're physically mature, tend to have shorter careers.

I know, for every Brad Daugherty there's a Moses Malone. But considering Bynum's injury history and seven years of wear and tear at age 24, I'd be very concerned about committing max dollars and years to this guy.

Then there's the intelligence factor. I don't know if he's a "stupid" player as some Laker fans think, but we see what that got us with J.J. Hickson.

Finally, the Cavs have been putting together a running team. One of their players was quoted recently saying the Cavs are going to be pushing the pace (I forget who). Their bigs can run the floor better than average. Bynum is a traditional post-up center. Scott wants to install the Princeton offense, which relies on motion to create open shots, as opposed to dumping it into the post or running endless pick and rolls. I'm not sure if Bynum fits.

The Cavs might just be saying, "Screw the offense, screw the injury risk, screw the three first round draft picks we give up and bad contracts we take on, screw the loss of AV, and screw it if we traded three picks for a backup center. If we can get the second best center in the NBA we're going for it."

But I'm not sure they think like that, for better or worse.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 am

Gawd you are a fucking moron.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:15 am

Im not even sure what to say to that. You just compared an admittedly top 3 player at his position to JJ Hickson.

#1. If you sign a guy to a max deal at 24, you're not worried about the "end" of his career.
#2. Bynum weighs 290 at a LEGIT 7 foot height. Waiters weighs what, 225 at 6'2?
#3. Zeller is a rookie 1st round pick who ideally should be coming off the bench and learning the game, while hopefully bulking up. His development would be helped by learning from one of the best in the game, not hindered.
#4. How many "running" teams in this league are successful? Cavs were just terrible last year, especially in half court sets where Kyrie or Sessions didn't create something. The other 4 guys on the floor were incapable of creating their own shot.

Bottom line: in the fantasy land scenario where Bynum came to Cleveland (which is pure fantasy, because that shit never happens, ever) you take that deal without blinking. You need 2-3 stars to win in this league, and you just don't ever get a chance to get one, in their prime. Anything contrary to that is straight up foolishness of the highest order.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:29 am

Gradysmanldy wrote:Im not even sure what to say to that. You just compared an admittedly top 3 player at his position to JJ Hickson.

#1. If you sign a guy to a max deal at 24, you're not worried about the "end" of his career.
#2. Bynum weighs 290 at a LEGIT 7 foot height. Waiters weighs what, 225 at 6'2?
#3. Zeller is a rookie 1st round pick who ideally should be coming off the bench and learning the game, while hopefully bulking up. His development would be helped by learning from one of the best in the game, not hindered.
#4. How many "running" teams in this league are successful? Cavs were just terrible last year, especially in half court sets where Kyrie or Sessions didn't create something. The other 4 guys on the floor were incapable of creating their own shot.

Bottom line: in the fantasy land scenario where Bynum came to Cleveland (which is pure fantasy, because that shit never happens, ever) you take that deal without blinking. You need 2-3 stars to win in this league, and you just don't ever get a chance to get one, in their prime. Anything contrary to that is straight up foolishness of the highest order.

100%, to even think of an argument against it is idiotic. The legit leap that Bynum took this year offensively has made him elite. Pair a stud center with our stud point guard and lets go! If Zeller has to play more than 15 mins a game center this year were fucked.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 am

On a side note: Zeller has looked pretty nice in summer league play. Don't think he's ready to bang with the big boys yet, but he's very athletic/mobile for a guy of his size, and his jumper is silky smooth. Kids going to be a nice rotational piece for a while.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 am

If Zeller develops into a quality off the bench big that pick was a success at 17.

If he develops into more than that it's a bonus.

To think otherwise is HILARIOUS.

And then to start talking about Bynum not being able to run and running teams and other stupid shit (He's 24 and has played a lot!%!#%!) is even funnier.

Also, in reading that post it could not be ANY clearer that Pros has never, ever watched Bynum play basketball.

Pros is a troll of the highest order, nothing to see here. Even worse is the fact that he is trolling about a rumor that is meaningless.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

How do you even get past the first few words of a Pros post? I just can't do it.

To put into context, I've been studying to take a second bar exam in FL next week and have listened to hundreds of hours of lectures, read 3-4 books of outlines and have taken hundreds of complex practice questions, and I have the patience to complete all of that while working a 50-60 hr a week job.

And I just can't build up enough patience make it through the first few words of one of those posts...
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 am

It's an exercise in stupidity. Almost a disease where I have to see if he can sink and lower (and he constantly does).

Andrew Bynum is a bad fit for the Cavs is.... yep.

Plus I'm still trying to figureo out if he is the single dumbest human being alive or the biggest troll in the history of the internet. I'm leaning heavily toward troll at this point, but who knows.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:21 am

e0y2e3 wrote:It's an exercise in stupidity. Almost a disease where I have to see if he can sink and lower (and he constantly does).

Andrew Bynum is a bad fit for the Cavs is.... yep.

Plus I'm still trying to figureo out if he is the single dumbest human being alive or the biggest troll in the history of the internet. I'm leaning heavily toward troll at this point, but who knows.

Well, he just suggested that the Indians newest, 23 yr old reliever, would fill the role that Matt Herges, Jamey Wright, Chad Durbin, Dan Wheeler and Jeremy Accardo previously occupied the past four or five seasons. That being the old man (30+) in the bullpen whose role is to pitch irregularly and in mop up situations.

Which is a role no 23 yr olds in the game currently occupy.

But I refuse to call him a troll.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA