Text Size

The Back Of The Net

Soccer Live

Talk Cleveland City Stars, World Cup, MLS, and all other forms of pro soccer here in TheClevelandFan's newest forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Spin

Soccer Live

Unread postby Squints » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Won two ticket vouchers to see the Crew last winter, cashed them in yesterday and made a weekend out of it. Spoting KC/Crew is not exactly Chelsea/Man U and I wouldn't of even turned it on last night, but took the 7 year old while the wife and youngest stayed at the hotel. We enjoyed ourselves and the sport is REALLY different watching it live. Can see the entire field and the alignments perfectly while watching the plays develop across the whole field. The daughter is into soccer and it was really easy to see all the positions and how the were played.

And you can absorb the atmosphere. I know it pales in comparison to the EPL or even The Galaxy/Portland/Vancouver, but C-bus really seems to support that team. Tailgating as if it were a fall Saturday afternoon. Sure seemed like there were more cars than the announced attendance. $1 brats- actual size to them, not a shriveled up hot dog for $1. An atmosphere where they seem to encourage cheering- imagine that. I bought a vuvuzuela and we made good use of it and not once did we get looks, stares or asked to stop.

I'm not saying everyone should run and get season tickets or anything like that and I'm sure it's nothing compared to big time soccer. But it was a nice time and like most sports, more exciting to be there. One problem- too much black and gold.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: Soccer Live

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Pound for pound the Crew "Nordeck" is one best fan clubs in the state. Second only to Block O, but in all honesty Block O ain't what it used to be....Dog Pound used to be great... Not no more.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Return to The Back Of The Net