Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Perez Rants Again

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Perez Rants Again

Unread postby Eckersley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Eckersley wrote:Shouldn't the current regime be graded by players acquired by the current regime? We're looking at it right now & the future looks bleak.

So are ya judging the current regime on the current roster, the players who are gone that were acquired by the other regime or are you judging the current on the future?

I'm judging Dolan & those around him by the players acquired since Dolan bought the team. Why should they get credit for CC, Victor & others who were in the system when Dolan bought the team?

I will say that Cabrera and Kipnis, Choo and Santana and Masterson, Perez and Pestano were the product of this regime, no?

Agreed

They've missed like the other regime missed (Alex Cole, Mark Whiten, Glenallen Hill long term deals if I recall correctly) but the nucleus of this team was put together by this regime and there is quality there.

I didn't say there was no quality, but we're looking at another rebuild under this regime because some of the quality is close to walking & we have 1 top prospect in the minors.

The former regime brought in HOF-like players in Thome, Manny, Belle, CC, Omar & Robbie. Money played a factor in just 1...Robbie, so small market conditions can't be used for this regime not being able to bring in better talent.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Hey Eck,

Hope all is well. Obviously the marketplace has changed here since the glory days. That's been discussed plenty of times. The issue I'll have with this regime is if they don't spend now to take advantage of a poor dvision and that 2nd wildcard spot. The hedge to that is they did spend big last summer for Jimenez with an eye toward this season. They gave up whatever 'quality' (still to be determined how much quality White & Pomeranz actually represent) they had in the system for that.

I guess I could complain that they didn't give Willingham the extra year because market conditions existed that showed he was going to (and did) get it somewhere.

Now? Not sure they have anything left in the cupboard to actually deal for the arm and the bat they need for the stretch run.

I honestly have to assess blame more to ownership than Antonetti, etc because Antonetti showed he's willing to take risks with that deal last summer. I think he's hamstrung by his budget and the fact his farm system is relatively depleted.

When I think about it I get depressed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Eckersley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:Hey Eck, Hope all is well.

Things are good down here. Hope it is on your end as well.

I honestly have to assess blame more to ownership than Antonetti, etc because Antonetti showed he's willing to take risks with that deal last summer. I think he's hamstrung by his budget and the fact his farm system is relatively depleted.

I couldn't agree more. I get nausetaed every time I hear Dolan or Shap tell us "how much money they're going to lose".

If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB