Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Perez and Asdrubal All-Stars

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Perez and Asdrubal All-Stars

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Kipnis snubbed, didn't even make Final Five vote.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Perez and Asdrubal All-Stars

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:14 pm

We could start a pool on who the reporter will be that will stick the mic in Perez' face and ask him what he thinks about the fans in Cleveland. I'd say Jim Gray but the game is on TBS.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Kipnis robbed. Pisses me off. Could care less that Perez is there. Glad for Droobs. Choo made a late push, but just not enough going for him pre-leadoff spot.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm

I haven't looked at the roster, but maybe an injury or a guy who sits out will open up for Kip? Surely, Jeter would rather go home and get laid and we could have an extra 2b and less shortstop?
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:01 am

yeah Kipnis got robbed, if anything he should have made it over perez(if a 2nd Indian was to go), hell Pestano should have made it over perez. But once Kinsler didnt get voted to start, there was no way Washinton's own guy wouldnt get in. Not saying Kinsler wasnt worthy. Just another snub in a long list of players who deserve to go (to a meaningless, Sorry Bud but it is) game.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 am

A little veiled Twitter shot from The Kipper.

Jason Kipnis ‏@TheJK_Kid
A lot of things I want to say... But just gonna limit it to wishing CP and Cabby the best! Have been studs the whole year! #welldeserved
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:26 am

As great as Kip has been, you can make a strong case that he's the 3rd best 2Bman in the league to this point.

Seeing as there's only 2 2Bmen on the roster, then that's why he misses out.

Cano is the runaway best 2B in the league and then you could call it a toss up between Kip and Kinsler - Kip has him beat on HR (11 to 9) and SB (20 to 15), but Kinsler has Kip beat on doubles (26 to 7) and OPS (.786 to .760).

Would've loved to see him get the recognition for a great first half but, as a Tribe fan, I'm happier that the kid's gonna be getting some time off.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 am

Upon further review, Kinsler was voted in by the players as the backup.

End of the day, it came down to Ron Washington picking Andrus as a 3rd SS over Kippah as a 3rd 2B.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby NH Tribe Fan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 am

Does anyone really care about the All-Star Game? I haven't watched a full one since I was a kid. I'd rather see Asdrubal get a few extra days of rest then play and possibly get injured in a meaningless game. God forbid someone like Clayton Kershaw tears his elbow up in that game, it would completely destroy the hopes of the fans and that team and for what?

Not to mention getting named to these meaningless games only go to make it harder for us to keep/re-sign them to a contract.
NH Tribe Fan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 am

Kipnis only has himself to blame. He was a lock at the end of May; a .703 June OPS torpedoed his chances. Can't remember him doing anything in the last month when he carried the offense in May.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 am

When it gets right down to it, I do appreciate our teams' players having a chip on their shoulder.

Loved it with Belle. Probably doesn't really matter much with most others but like reb says- do something about it.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 am

Witness the Kipnis was robbed. I'm sure "injuries" will start happening and he'll find a spot on the roster.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 am

dazindiansfanuk wrote:As great as Kip has been, you can make a strong case that he's the 3rd best 2Bman in the league to this point.

Cano is the runaway best 2B in the league and then you could call it a toss up between Kip and Kinsler - Kip has him beat on HR (11 to 9) and SB (20 to 15), but Kinsler has Kip beat on doubles (26 to 7) and OPS (.786 to .760).

Would've loved to see him get the recognition for a great first half but, as a Tribe fan, I'm happier that the kid's gonna be getting some time off.

My problem is adam dunn as a DH made it over Kip. I cant check at the moment, But I could swear that means the AL is taking 3 DH's and only 2 2b.
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:30 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
dazindiansfanuk wrote:As great as Kip has been, you can make a strong case that he's the 3rd best 2Bman in the league to this point.

My problem is adam dunn as a DH made it over Kip. I cant check at the moment, But I could swear that means the AL is taking 3 DH's and only 2 2b.

If you're considering Billy Butler a DH then yeah, it's 3 DHs (Dunn, Butler, Ortiz) over two 2B (Cano, Kinsler).
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:38 pm

From what I heard, Kipnis actually WAS selected. Then Dolan found out and said there was no way in hell he was paying for three plane tickets in this economy.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB