Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Advocare

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Advocare

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

I looked at this program for months before actually buying the 24-Day Challenge bundle for Lisa and I. I agree with Lars and his column from yesterday on fitness and diet and I talk to Lead Pipe about it all the time, but sometimes a dude needs a jump start and some forced-upon discipline.

Advocare's first step is the Challenge and it's 10 days of cleanse and then 14 days of rebuilding. I have through next Sunday but I've lost 11lbs and Lisa has lost about 5lbs and noticeable inches.

Cleanse was their vitamins and minerals, fiber, tons of lean proteins, lots of water, an energy drink of theirs, etc. You eat often enough you're rarely hungry although I'm about done with lettuce but have liked finding different fish for grilling.

Max is much less restrictive and starts building upon the habits you'll take forward. We had grilled t-bones first night of max and you can have lean red meat as well as the other stuff. Venison has come up huge. Gonna need to kill a forest full of deer this fall.

It's just been a good way for us to start eating right and eating better and the biggest thing about it for us is that the girls have eaten a ton more fruit and a ton more healthy snacks since that's what they see and have in the house now.

No more on this unless you want to give it a shot. I told e0y a couple weeks ago I was doing it. I like it enough to have gone back and gotten the distributor site for like $80 so that if friends and family want it I can help them with it.

If you want to get on track, drop some weight and all that, PM me and I can get you going. They have products to start like this and they have Pro elite supplements and products that Drew Brees, Carli Lloyd and ( :hide: ) Colt McCoy use.

Plenty of vitamins, good fats, water, amino acids, etc. And if you're already active you're encouraged to workout throughout the program.

Now let's cue up JB with some smart-ass retort ;-) ;) :wink:

Ughh... all I can see now is Dieting and Fitness banner ads in my future.

Here's the link: http://bit.ly/LsD0BS I can get you 10-15% off the prices you see if you want to try any of their stuff.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Advocare

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Nothing wrong with using programs like this as viable resources to get you going.

Funny you bring this up b/c, recently I've paid much more attention to ph balance of my daily routine. I've always had the appetite of two TRex's so naturally I eat tons of meat, the good meat usually but none the less that leads to an acidic ph level. So I asked myself, do I want to get involved in some new program or can I over come my laziness and just shop better and pay closer attention to what I need to balance out my eating habits. Long story short, lol too late, I've increased my fruit and veggie intake by 100% and my water intake by 300%, a big thanks to Mio for that.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm

peeker643 wrote:I looked at this program for months before actually buying the 24-Day Challenge bundle for Lisa and I. I agree with Lars and his column from yesterday on fitness and diet and I talk to Lead Pipe about it all the time, but sometimes a dude needs a jump start and some forced-upon discipline.

Advocare's first step is the Challenge and it's 10 days of cleanse and then 14 days of rebuilding. I have through next Sunday but I've lost 11lbs and Lisa has lost about 5lbs and noticeable inches.

Cleanse was their vitamins and minerals, fiber, tons of lean proteins, lots of water, an energy drink of theirs, etc. You eat often enough you're rarely hungry although I'm about done with lettuce but have liked finding different fish for grilling.

Max is much less restrictive and starts building upon the habits you'll take forward. We had grilled t-bones first night of max and you can have lean red meat as well as the other stuff. Venison has come up huge. Gonna need to kill a forest full of deer this fall.

It's just been a good way for us to start eating right and eating better and the biggest thing about it for us is that the girls have eaten a ton more fruit and a ton more healthy snacks since that's what they see and have in the house now.

No more on this unless you want to give it a shot. I told e0y a couple weeks ago I was doing it. I like it enough to have gone back and gotten the distributor site for like $80 so that if friends and family want it I can help them with it.

If you want to get on track, drop some weight and all that, PM me and I can get you going. They have products to start like this and they have Pro elite supplements and products that Drew Brees, Carli Lloyd and ( :hide: ) Colt McCoy use.

Plenty of vitamins, good fats, water, amino acids, etc. And if you're already active you're encouraged to workout throughout the program.

Now let's cue up JB with some smart-ass retort ;-) ;) :wink:

Ughh... all I can see now is Dieting and Fitness banner ads in my future.

Here's the link: http://bit.ly/LsD0BS I can get you 10-15% off the prices you see if you want to try any of their stuff.

Thanks for the info and good luck. I can do the protein sparring modified fast thing and other types of reduce calorie things. I can also stop drinking alcohol. But I find that it's a bit of a challange to do both at the same time. :gah:

How are you managing that?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Thanks for the info and good luck. I can do the protein sparring modified fast thing and other types of reduce calorie things. I can also stop drinking alcohol. But I find that it's a bit of a challange to do both at the same time. :gah:

How are you managing that?

It's hard, sir. Played cards tonight and ate only enough to not pass out and also didn't drink. But it cost a few bucks to do this so I want to give it whatever I have. Haven't drank and have been about 95% compliant since a couple weeks back.

I'll build in a 'free day' when this portion of work is done and then partake then. My wife is also doing it so there's a buddy system in place, if you will.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 am

I'm skinny.

Sorry, didn't see JB around.

If it works for ya, great. Nothing wrong with healthy living. Spread the word, I'm sick of seeing fat ignorant animals at the super market in their pajama pants.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:39 am

Orenthal wrote:I'm skinny.

Sorry, didn't see JB around.

If it works for ya, great. Nothing wrong with healthy living. Spread the word, I'm sick of seeing fat ignorant animals at the super market in their pajama pants.

Maybe it was here, maybe I heard it somewhere else, but the generation of young kids now is the first generation in our history with a life expectancy less than the previous generation. And obesity is the reason.

I've never gotten close to fat or obese, but I don't want my kids growing up like that. And it's definitely a case where you have to lead by example or it ain't gonna fly. And if I can drop 10-15lbs and get to my out of college weight that works too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Not directing this at you OJ, but the I'm skinny attitude can a be a false sense of security for a lot of people. We all know plenty of people that are "skinny" or "not fat" that still have terrible eating habits, and probably have less than adequate vitals.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:45 pm

FUDU wrote:Not directing this at you OJ, but the I'm skinny attitude can a be a false sense of security for a lot of people. We all know plenty of people that are "skinny" or "not fat" that still have terrible eating habits, and probably have less than adequate vitals.

My oldest is skinny but not even close to fit. She may weigh 90lbs at 5'0 tall but fit and healthy is different from skinny. OJ may not have meant it that way but you're correct.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:30 am

There's two issues that Americans now need to take care of - the obesity epidemic, and all the chemicals that are in the food.

The sooner you start eating "clean" the better, cause those cancer rates are just going to go up, as the generations that have fed on food made cheap by chemicals age.

The new Taco Bell taco, that has the Doritos taco shell, that's been out about 5 months. Well, they've sold the same number in that time as McDonald's sold hamburgers. Only it took McDonalds 18 YEARS to sell that many.

There's plenty of evidence all over the place that the mighty dollar takes presidence over anyone giving a shit about your well being. Whether you live, or whether you die.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:12 am

leadpipe wrote:There's two issues that Americans now need to take care of - the obesity epidemic, and all the chemicals that are in the food.

The sooner you start eating "clean" the better, cause those cancer rates are just going to go up, as the generations that have fed on food made cheap by chemicals age.

The new Taco Bell taco, that has the Doritos taco shell, that's been out about 5 months. Well, they've sold the same number in that time as McDonald's sold hamburgers. Only it took McDonalds 18 YEARS to sell that many.

There's plenty of evidence all over the place that the mighty dollar takes presidence over anyone giving a shit about your well being. Whether you live, or whether you die.

Yep. I get a kick from those who ask what specifically is in the supplements or the replacement shake. I get a kick out of it because they're typically asking me what's in the product I'll be using for 10-24 days while they're eating their M&Ms or their DiBella's subs or their Coke Zero.

Not trying to sound pious on this. Long way to go for me. But if I can find a program that gives me the road map for what and when to eat and the doctors and nutritionists not only okay it but promote it, use it and recommend it to professional athletes, and I can stop years of eating poorly with 10-24 days of eating right and supplements, I gotta figure that's better than another 40 years of going about it how I was.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 am

peeker643 wrote:But if I can find a program that gives me the road map for what and when to eat and the doctors and nutritionists not only okay it but promote it, use it and recommend it to professional athletes, and I can stop years of eating poorly with 10-24 days of eating right and supplements, I gotta figure that's better than another 40 years of going about it how I was.

Is there an Advocare program for running a football team?

If so, sign me the fuck up.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:10 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:But if I can find a program that gives me the road map for what and when to eat and the doctors and nutritionists not only okay it but promote it, use it and recommend it to professional athletes, and I can stop years of eating poorly with 10-24 days of eating right and supplements, I gotta figure that's better than another 40 years of going about it how I was.

Is there an Advocare program for running a football team?

If so, sign me the fuck up.

Their national spokesperson is Drew Brees. That work?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Well, good luck. I hope it works for you. Not much of a program guy myself. I'm wary of anything that hypes "cleansing" which usually means having to piss every 10 minutes. Complex B Vitamins and natural fruit/veggie juice seems to work.

I've dropped most of my winter weight by going jogging (something I do in the daylight less I scare the locals.)
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:09 pm

I actually started the a cleanse on Sunday (at least the pills, I started the clean eating last week) I found another herbal cleanse with very similar ingredients to the Advocare because I wanted to start quicker than it would have taken me to order the Advocare (heading to Mexico in 10 days) but I am following the herbal cleanse diet. I am just doing the cleanse portion, not the rest of it, but I will say regardless of the pill taking, I feel a million times better. We all know I am a tree-huggin hippy, so now know why people go gluten free. More or less I haven't eaten sugar that didn't come from fruit, dairy, or any grain and I feel much more alert after 4 days than when I was 6 diet cokes a day.

The thing with me is, I can handle more of the clean eating, I just dont think I can go with it all the time. I still need to eat at restaurants, pizza, beer, tacos, beer and locos d'reets are all going to be in my life, I just need to make it a treat rather than a regular thing.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Ziner wrote:I actually started the a cleanse on Sunday (at least the pills, I started the clean eating last week) I found another herbal cleanse with very similar ingredients to the Advocare because I wanted to start quicker than it would have taken me to order the Advocare (heading to Mexico in 10 days) but I am following the herbal cleanse diet. I am just doing the cleanse portion, not the rest of it, but I will say regardless of the pill taking, I feel a million times better. We all know I am a tree-huggin hippy, so now know why people go gluten free. More or less I haven't eaten sugar that didn't come from fruit, dairy, or any grain and I feel much more alert after 4 days than when I was 6 diet cokes a day.

The thing with me is, I can handle more of the clean eating, I just dont think I can go with it all the time. I still need to eat at restaurants, pizza, beer, tacos, beer and locos d'reets are all going to be in my life, I just need to make it a treat rather than a regular thing.

It's amazing how much better ya feel, ain't it? I'm the same way. Way more energy, I can run for hours at racquetball, sweat the whole time from all the fluids (good thing) and just generally feel better.

Lot of the people do the/a cleanse part every 90 days. The 'Max' part of the 24 day challenge is actually no more than establishing better eating habits over the two week period following the cleanse.

I like the Catalyst product they offer. It helps for workouts and is basically a supercharged amino acid.

I think, like I said, I'll probably stay with the meal replacement shakes of some sort for breakfast and hope the habits are lasting. You're going to get sideways sometimes but knowing it should keep it from becoming the norm. I hope.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Ziner wrote:I actually started the a cleanse on Sunday (at least the pills, I started the clean eating last week) I found another herbal cleanse with very similar ingredients to the Advocare because I wanted to start quicker than it would have taken me to order the Advocare (heading to Mexico in 10 days) but I am following the herbal cleanse diet. I am just doing the cleanse portion, not the rest of it, but I will say regardless of the pill taking, I feel a million times better. We all know I am a tree-huggin hippy, so now know why people go gluten free. More or less I haven't eaten sugar that didn't come from fruit, dairy, or any grain and I feel much more alert after 4 days than when I was 6 diet cokes a day.

It's amazing how much better ya feel, ain't it? I'm the same way. Way more energy, I can run for hours at racquetball, sweat the whole time from all the fluids (good thing) and just generally feel better.

Lot of the people do the/a cleanse part every 90 days. The 'Max' part of the 24 day challenge is actually no more than establishing better eating habits over the two week period following the cleanse.

I like the Catalyst product they offer. It helps for workouts and is basically a supercharged amino acid.

I think, like I said, I'll probably stay with the meal replacement shakes of some sort for breakfast and hope the habits are lasting. You're going to get sideways sometimes but knowing it should keep it from becoming the norm. I hope.

It's not what you do SOME of the time, it's what you do MOST of the time.

To assume you will never eat your favorite pizza or have some cookies ever again is the reason so many people blow up on the "diet" they are on.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Where does beer fit into this whole thing?

Edit to say I'm not being a smart ass. I really want to know. It is one of the things that tips me up anytime I'm trying to lose weight.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 am

I lost like 40 lbs 2-3 years ago and have been able to keep it off using this plan:

Eat breakfast, but light breakfasts. Been HOOKED on those Nature Valley granola bars. Slam one of those and a glass of OJ on the way out the door.

Lunch - occasional splurge, but try and keep it healthy. Salads w grilled chicken or salmon. Turkey sandwiches without mayo.

Dinner - Whatever I want. No holds barred there.

Drinking - Try not to on Mondays and one other day during the week. When I do drink during the week, it's a lot more 2-4 really strong beers or a couple glasses of vino. Weekends, no regard for calories or my liver.

Run - I run three times a week, 3-5 miles a day. Every Sat and Sun, and one weeknight.

Other keys for me - No food after 8 PM. Try not to drink a lot of non-alcohol calories. Coffee, water, Diet Coke. Weigh myself EVERY day to understand the impact of food intake/exercise combo.

Plan allows me to binge at dinner, on weekends. Drink all the time. Keep weight down.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:16 am

Usually a huge binge at White Castle will help one's intestines cleanse.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:14 am

How did it go Peeker? I am down 8 lbs. pretty amazed.

Was never hungry
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am

Ziner wrote:How did it go Peeker? I am down 8 lbs. pretty amazed.

Was never hungry

I dropped 13 lbs and half about 6.5 inches

Lisa lost 7 lbs and over 11".

Like you said, never hungry. I craved some things I couldn't have, but with the way you eat and the way you drink it was never bad.

Big thing is my girls are crushing the healthy stuff already this summer. The fruit and all of the leaner chicken, turkey and fish. Quaker makes sweet chili rice cake chips and cheddar ones to that are ridiculously good and a great alternative to Doritos and shit.

Little things make a huge difference.

Did celebrate with a crabcake dinner at G&M Tuesday night. But the single crabcake special instead of double and the sides were broccoli and corn instead of Baked potato or fries in brown gravy.

Hopefully I can maintain it. Glad to hear you did well too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 am

13 in 10 days? Or through the entire process? Good to hear though, I am not sure how many inches I have lost, I have been focusing more on eating better and working out harder with occasional binge weekends since the first of the year, as of yesterday I was down 41 lbs, don't know how many inches, but I look like I am wearing my dad's clothes. The only downside to this weight loss thingy is having to spend money on clothes. I hate clothes.

Pretty pumped to be below my college playing weight. Feel like a new person just from cutting out the crap and actually kicking my ass at the gym.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am

Ziner wrote:13 in 10 days? Or through the entire process? Good to hear though, I am not sure how many inches I have lost, I have been focusing more on eating better and working out harder with occasional binge weekends since the first of the year, as of yesterday I was down 41 lbs, don't know how many inches, but I look like I am wearing my dad's clothes. The only downside to this weight loss thingy is having to spend money on clothes. I hate clothes.

Pretty pumped to be below my college playing weight. Feel like a new person just from cutting out the crap and actually kicking my ass at the gym.

13 over 24 days. I was about where you were after a week and down about 11 after 2 1/2 weeks.

You measure both lbs and inches with advocare. Probably because ladies lose inches and guys lose pounds but I can feel it and people can see the difference.

I'm not a clothes guy either. I'll buckle the belt tighter ;-)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Nah, I got good stats, but regardless healthy eating still trumps. My main point was about other people not being so fat and greasy. Good to see it working for you guys.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Ziner wrote:13 in 10 days? Or through the entire process? Good to hear though, I am not sure how many inches I have lost, I have been focusing more on eating better and working out harder with occasional binge weekends since the first of the year, as of yesterday I was down 41 lbs, don't know how many inches, but I look like I am wearing my dad's clothes. The only downside to this weight loss thingy is having to spend money on clothes. I hate clothes.

13 over 24 days. I was about where you were after a week and down about 11 after 2 1/2 weeks.

You measure both lbs and inches with advocare. Probably because ladies lose inches and guys lose pounds but I can feel it and people can see the difference.

I'm not a clothes guy either. I'll buckle the belt tighter ;-)

Is your hair growing back?

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Wanted to wait a month or so after finihing the Advocare to see what happened when turned loose on my own.

I've lost another 7lbs trying to be smart about what I'm doing and while continuing to take a couple of the products. That's a total of 20lbs and under 180 for first time in decade(s) ;-) ;) :wink:

Makes a big difference in work outs/racquetball and on the ankle (that will soon just completely give out and render me immobile but I've probably bought some more time as opposed to carrying unneeded weight).

If any of you slugs are looking to drop some pounds and get back on track I recommend the program highly. And I didn't want to do that til I saw whether it worked. And if you have questions or want to give it a shot let me know.

Still wondering why Donny wants to know if there's hair on my back though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 pm

174lbs, ladies. The stuff worked for me. That was the 24 days initially and I've lost 10lbs after. If you want to jump-start something PM me. I'll get ya going. The stuff was real enough that I bought the rights to distribute it. ;-) ;) :wink:

For me (for ME), best $200 I ever spent. I kid you not.

Motherscratcher- you need this :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:06 pm

I keep seeing those banner ads with "oldish" looking women not wanting younger men like myself. Do what peeks says and u may land one of those busty ladies.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Orenthal wrote:I keep seeing those banner ads with "oldish" looking women not wanting younger men like myself. Do what peeks says and u may land one of those busty ladies.

Busty, desperate middle-aged chicks and dropping a few pounds. Not sure what more you a-holes are looking for.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:174lbs, ladies. The stuff worked for me. That was the 24 days initially and I've lost 10lbs after. If you want to jump-start something PM me. I'll get ya going. The stuff was real enough that I bought the rights to distribute it. ;-) ;) :wink:

For me (for ME), best $200 I ever spent. I kid you not.

Motherscratcher- you need this :hide:

You don't know the half of it.

Every day that I wake up I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby MartyM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

started witha boot-camp style workout this year and recently changed over to 1-on-1 training two times a week for 45 minutes at a pop. usually take a short walk in the evenings a couple times during the week. Started watching what I eat and doing a better job of what I eat.

Dropped 40 lbs so far with a goal of another 50. belts and pants are loose so time to get a new belt or two.
Official TCF Photographer
http://www.photosbymartyllc.com
http://www.photos_by_marty.fototime.com

Ask me about custom Fatheads

“The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” - V. Lombardi
MartyM

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: PittsPuke

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 am

MartyM wrote:started witha boot-camp style workout this year and recently changed over to 1-on-1 training two times a week for 45 minutes at a pop. usually take a short walk in the evenings a couple times during the week. Started watching what I eat and doing a better job of what I eat.

Dropped 40 lbs so far with a goal of another 50. belts and pants are loose so time to get a new belt or two.

Excellent.

That's good to hear Marty. I'll see less of ya Saturday, so to speak?

And yes, it's all about finding the program that gets you going, whether it's Advocare or another route. If you're healthier and feel better then how you get there is of no consequence.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Placing another advocare order this week if any of you fellas want it. Holidays coming, food and booze everywhere, gotta put something in the body that ain't killing me.

PM if you want the 24-day pkg to kick start the weight loss or any supps to assist in workouts.

After the weight loss I'm on more of a maintenance and workout regime (i.e.- running for two hours 3/4 times per week playing racquetball). Product called catalyst that's an amino acid as well as the Spark and Rehydrate does the trick there.

For $220 bucks or so you're on your way. I haven't been north of 175 for a day after starting at 197.8

I can't tell you how much of a difference it's made.

Sermon over.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby MartyM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:35 am

I have my 6 week weigh-in next week and we'll see where I stand. Bought new belts about 2 months ago and they're getting to big already. I may be putting in an order with you peeks.

“The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” - V. Lombardi
MartyM

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I have product here if anyone wants to be ready to go after the holidays. I'll pay the shipping/taxes and/or get it to you locally.

You can also shop/browse the products here: https://www.advocare.com/120528474/default.aspx

Everything from the Challenge bundle to muscle gain to pretty damn much anything health/fitness related.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:I have product here if anyone wants to be ready to go after the holidays. I'll pay the shipping/taxes and/or get it to you locally.

You can also shop/browse the products here: https://www.advocare.com/120528474/default.aspx

Everything from the Challenge bundle to muscle gain to pretty damn much anything health/fitness related.

Offer stands on the shipping/delivery deal. Between me and my friend Michele, who's a personal trainer and a close family friend, we'll have 16 people taking part in this. Had a couple people from here order so if you're ready then let me know. If ya wake up Wednesday and want to get it done you'll still have time to do the group thing or you can start it on your own with my help.

If you're not, I'm in it for the long haul. You can always get with me later on. If you commit to this for 24 days you're on your way. I just got back from racquetball and I'm at 171.0

Far, far cry from where I started, so I believe in the stuff.

Obviosuly ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Now 25 people participating starting Monday including a few TCFers. Couple more on the vine. I'll hand deliver it if I have to. ;-) ;) :wink:

Also, if you're in solid shape and want to lean out, you can do that with this:

http://advo911.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... sheet1.pdf

Just learned about this program Monday from a guy I went to BG with and I'm going ^^^ that route starting Monday whilst others start the Challenge.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby MartyM » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Peeks, let me see where I stand at my weight in this month. Down 60+ and have a feeling that that last 30 will be a bitch!

On the plus side of things in life, goal # 1 for the year completed. Did Tackle the Tower yesterday. 38 flights of stairs, 9:52.8. My goal was to be under 20:00! My trainer did it with me and waited for me at the top (had no choice, I drove and had the car keys). Next up is the Westlake 5K in May so time to get the running shoes and start training for that.

MartyM

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 pm

MartyM wrote:Peeks, let me see where I stand at my weight in this month. Down 60+ and have a feeling that that last 30 will be a bitch!

On the plus side of things in life, goal # 1 for the year completed. Did Tackle the Tower yesterday. 38 flights of stairs, 9:52.8. My goal was to be under 20:00! My trainer did it with me and waited for me at the top (had no choice, I drove and had the car keys). Next up is the Westlake 5K in May so time to get the running shoes and start training for that.

That's tremendous Marty. Really, congrats on it and keep going. I'm under 170lbs myself and one buddy who started it last Monday is down 10lbs as of this morning. It requires a serious dedication and you can't go off on your own, but I've found the people who truly go into looking to comply have had a lot of success. My wife just 'finished' last Wednesday and lost 6lbs and 16 inches and you can see it on her.

I say 'finished' but the best part is it's sustainable after the 24 days which is where I lost the bulk of my bulk .

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby comish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01 am

Glad your having success, Peeker!

If you believe in a program and are able to dedicate yourself to it you will almost always find success.

Wife and I use Weight Watchers when we want to start shaving off the weight, which as you know, is mostly about moderation and eating more healthy. If you follow the points and get some workouts/cardio in, the results will come. It may take a bit longer to get drastic reductions, but it DOES work...we are big fans. I already dumped off about 12 lbs since the NY.

I like it because like Swerby I enjoy having my drinks and some big meals during the week which is all possible as long as you track your points which I do online (no stupid meetings for me)

Keep it up pal
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 am

comish wrote:Glad your having success, Peeker!

If you believe in a program and are able to dedicate yourself to it you will almost always find success.

Wife and I use Weight Watchers when we want to start shaving off the weight, which as you know, is mostly about moderation and eating more healthy. If you follow the points and get some workouts/cardio in, the results will come. It may take a bit longer to get drastic reductions, but it DOES work...we are big fans. I already dumped off about 12 lbs since the NY.

I like it because like Swerby I enjoy having my drinks and some big meals during the week which is all possible as long as you track your points which I do online (no stupid meetings for me)

Keep it up pal

Exactly right. Whatever works is what you need to do. I would add to that that it needs to be sustainable. Adkins is usually not that, though you can quickly drop weight.

I just like the program and have found one whose basic tenets I can follow all the time and without buying a ton of additional product (though I still get the energy drink and a couple workout products).

Find something and do it is the right advice, whatever the system is. It's hard and it requires commitment but it does become part of your life if you do it 100%.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby swerb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm

I essentially run so I can drink and eat big dinners. Exercising consistently is all about effing with your mind. Thats what does it for me.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 pm

swerb wrote:I essentially run so I can drink and eat big dinners. Exercising consistently is all about effing with your mind. Thats what does it for me.

A lot of it is head games regardless of program. But I do know you made a decision a couple years back that this is how you were gonna balance it and that had to be a lot of pounds ago. :thumb up:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby MartyM » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Ever since I did Tackle the Tower on 2/2/13, I've taken 2 days off from doing some sort of workout.

For those who don't know, TTT is a 38 flights of stairs run in the Tower at Erieview (behind the Galleria). Set my personal goals to finish and then to finish within 20 minutes. My trainer, god bless her, ran ahead of me. Saw her on the first flight of stairs and that's all I saw of her. She finished 3rd in her group and as for me, 9 minutes 52.8 seconds. Good enough for 38th out of 53 in my group and 538th out of 800 overall. First place overall did it in 4:14!

Next up is the St. Malachi 2 mile run in March and then the Westlake / Hyland Sfotward 5 K in May.

Whic of you slackers is going to do Takcle the Tower with me next year?! Swerbs, Peeks? If my a$$ could do it, I know others on the board can do it.

MartyM

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Update: Over the last year or so I've walked friends, family members and complete strangers through this program. 95% have had excellent results. About half of those 95% still use some of the products.

But up until recently I had never walked a complete and blithering moron through the program.

Consider that completed.

And the reluctant participant lost 15lbs and 10" in 24 days. On the road to being a little less of an idiot (by volume only).

I'm happy for the a-hole and I'm proud of him for stepping up and doing it right.

:cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 pm

peeker643 wrote:Update: Over the last year or so I've walked friends, family members and complete strangers through this program. 95% have had excellent results. About half of those 95% still use some of the products.

But up until recently I had never walked a complete and blithering moron through the program.

Consider that completed.

And the reluctant participant lost 15lbs and 10" in 24 days. On the road to being a little less of an idiot (by volume only).

I'm happy for the a-hole and I'm proud of him for stepping up and doing it right.

Congrats, Moscratch :clap:

I assume that is who you are talking about.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Sea Foam Green » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

As an unsolicited response, my wife and I just tried the Advocare 10 day cleanse. She had excellent results, lost 5 lbs in the 10 days.

On the flip side though, one of the selling points of the cleanse was that you're supposed be toxin free and feel better, have energy, etc....and I got none of that. I felt like shit the entire 10 days.

I'm not sure she felt any better, but she's definitely happy with the results.
Sea Foam Green

Favorite Player: 1st Round Draft Pick
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Sea Foam Green wrote:As an unsolicited response, my wife and I just tried the Advocare 10 day cleanse. She had excellent results, lost 5 lbs in the 10 days.

On the flip side though, one of the selling points of the cleanse was that you're supposed be toxin free and feel better, have energy, etc....and I got none of that. I felt like shit the entire 10 days.

I'm not sure she felt any better, but she's definitely happy with the results.

Typically there's a 2-3 day period where you feel like that and then by day 3-4 you start to feel better, SFG. Like I did mention, there is that 1/10 that just don't seem to benefit. I try and minimize that by walking people through it daily and almost to the point of being a nuisance. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 pm

hebner20 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Update: Over the last year or so I've walked friends, family members and complete strangers through this program. 95% have had excellent results. About half of those 95% still use some of the products.

Consider that completed.

What?!? I never mentioned a name or anything. How dare you? ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
hebner20 wrote:

Consider that completed.

What?!? I never mentioned a name or anything. How dare you? ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously WTF? Someone mentions complete and blithering moron and everyone assumes its me? That's bullshit. :fu:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Next

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry