Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Finals 2012: Series Thread + Picks and Predictions

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA Finals 2012: Series Thread + Picks and Predictions

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 pm

John Schumann tweeted it before game 5. And, well, I trust him a lot.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 pm

And I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense, Wade on the court without LBJ was a debacle all playoffs long and LBJ played silly minutes.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:55 pm

LBJ certainly did play well in the nba finals. But there is something that GREATLY contributed to his ability to own the floor like he did and the Heat's winning a Ring. And this is lost to all the people who are busy crowning LBJ now.

Chalmers, Battier and Miller combined to go 30 of 60 on 3-pt FGs for the 5-game series. That is sick. Those three guys combined to put down 6 threes a game at an insane percentage. If you can surround LBJ with guys who can knock down wide open 3 point FGs, then you can't defend them. Most people want to help out on LBJ when he drives, but literally every other time OKC did, they got burnt for a three. And how many of those 30 threes were back-breakers. Seemed like a ton. If those guys aren't burying threes like that, you can make LBJs life a lot more difficult.

Heck, Norris Cole went 3 of 7 on threes for the series.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 pm

LBJ got those guys the looks they made OD. All. Of. Them.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 pm

OldDawg wrote:LBJ certainly did play well in the nba finals. But there is something that GREATLY contributed to his ability to own the floor like he did and the Heat's winning a Ring. And this is lost to all the people who are busy crowning LBJ now.

Chalmers, Battier and Miller combined to go 30 of 60 on 3-pt FGs for the 5-game series. That is sick. Those three guys combined to put down 6 threes a game at an insane percentage. If you can surround LBJ with guys who can knock down wide open 3 point FGs, then you can't defend them. Most people want to help out on LBJ when he drives, but literally every other time OKC did, they got burnt for a three. And how many of those 30 threes were back-breakers. Seemed like a ton. If those guys aren't burying threes like that, you can make LBJs life a lot more difficult.

Ummm, you are explaining what makes a player great.

"You can't defend them."

Exactly.

Why?

Cause everyone in the arena needs to help with Lebron.

And he's the best passer in the league.

And by the way, you can point to that game, but don't ignore the entirety of the season in which guys like Battier and Haslem were shooting career lows, and they somehow still got to game 5 with a 3-1 lead. They shoot their career averages, and Mike Miller ain't half dead all season, they are the number one seed overall by 6 games.

This is a game you don't wanna play here, cause it's ultimate sour grapes. Look at his career, and there's probably a hundred games where he got next to zero help, for every one of game sixes.

clearly.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LBJ got those guys the looks they made OD. All. Of. Them.

Absolutely. No question about it. And they made them. If they aren't making them, the D is collapsing all over LBJ. That is my point. If those three guys choke on the big stage instead of making 30 of 60, then the series is a lot different.

I can't tell you how many times I felt gratified when the Thunder appeared to have helped out well on LBJ and then the guy left open buries a three. Those are the back-breakers.

LBJ got guys good looks as a Cav, and his cohorts never made 30 of 60 in a 5 game span... especially on that kind of stage. Boobie had a great game once... but over a series??
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:47 pm

leadpipe wrote:And by the way, you can point to that game, but don't ignore the entirety of the season in which guys like Battier and Haslem were shooting career lows, and they somehow still got to game 5 with a 3-1 lead. They shoot their career averages, and Mike Miller ain't half dead all season, they are the number one seed overall by 6 games.

You are making my point. Those guys didn't shoot 50% from the 3 point line all season. Are you telling me that LBJ didn't get them great looks all season. I am sure he did. And they missed a bunch. But on the biggest of stages and all of sudden they shoot 50%?? And like you say, that is one reason why they weren't #1 seed. Those guys didn't shoot like that and folks could key on LBJ and Wade. We are saying the same thing, here.
OldDawg

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 am

OldDawg wrote:
leadpipe wrote:And by the way, you can point to that game, but don't ignore the entirety of the season in which guys like Battier and Haslem were shooting career lows, and they somehow still got to game 5 with a 3-1 lead. They shoot their career averages, and Mike Miller ain't half dead all season, they are the number one seed overall by 6 games.

You are making my point. Those guys didn't shoot 50% from the 3 point line all season. Are you telling me that LBJ didn't get them great looks all season. I am sure he did. And they missed a bunch. But on the biggest of stages and all of sudden they shoot 50%?? And like you say, that is one reason why they weren't #1 seed. Those guys didn't shoot like that and folks could key on LBJ and Wade. We are saying the same thing, here.

All I'm sayin is his "owning the floor" had little to do with his teammates shooting lights out, cause again, they certainly did not the rest of the season, and they were still sitting up 3-1 in the Finals.

On the floor, in 2012, he did what he wanted to do, when he wanted to do it, at a ridiculousy high level.

And that's it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Peeker, enjoyed your comments on Lebron in the article. I remember Reggie Miller was telling us to 'get over it'- during James' FIRST GAME back at the Q after he left.

I want to get over it now though- but 2 things still aggravate me. 1) the notion that James' decision was the right one, since he's won a title, and 2) the reason he won the title had more to do with him changing, vs. his roster changing. Yes, we all were enabling him not growing up, I get that. Still aggravates me.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

OldDawg wrote:

Absolutely. No question about it. And they made them. If they aren't making them, the D is collapsing all over LBJ. That is my point. If those three guys choke on the big stage instead of making 30 of 60, then the series is a lot different.

I can't tell you how many times I felt gratified when the Thunder appeared to have helped out well on LBJ and then the guy left open buries a three. Those are the back-breakers.

LBJ got guys good looks as a Cav, and his cohorts never made 30 of 60 in a 5 game span... especially on that kind of stage. Boobie had a great game once... but over a series??

Bingo.

Pun intended.

The supporting cast some idiots here tell me he didn't have compared the Mo "Gotti" Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha and Hot Sauce BS hitting more rims than an E 79th chop shot helped win him a title. And we're not even talking Wade or Bosh.

LeBron was then able to drive NOT SIT ON THE BLOCKS.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Peeker, enjoyed your comments on Lebron in the article.

Here's a link for Peekerthat is probably timely:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/39942-side-effects-thumb-sucking/

Peer Teasing
Children that continue thumb sucking into elementary school or beyond are at risk of being teased. Thumb sucking is thought of as a baby or toddler activity, so children who suck their thumbs beyond that age may be subject to comments and ridicule from peers.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/39942 ... z1ypTbZlHp
googleeph2 wrote:I want to get over it now though- but 2 things still aggravate me. 1) the notion that James' decision was the right one, since he's won a title, and 2) the reason he won the title had more to do with him changing, vs. his roster changing.

Goo Gleeph - if you go up on your deck and drop an object and it fall, do you harbor resentment?

:nanner:
jb

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 pm

jb wrote:LeBron was then able to drive NOT SIT ON THE BLOCKS.

This is what happens when you get your sports takes from Skip Bayless. Don't let this happen to your kids.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
jb wrote:LeBron was then able to drive NOT SIT ON THE BLOCKS.

This is what happens when you get your sports takes from Skip Bayless. Don't let this happen to your kids.

Seriously, stop pulling the eye "watch the games" BS. You all act like Bron is playing Bob Lanier ball. He's face was still to the basket teh vast majority of the time.

BTW - the tumb suckers should read Jesse's columb. It was erfect and spot on and he had previosuly hated LeBron. Only think I didn't agree with is this notion King James' game is now that of KAJ.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:21 pm

LBJ has never, in his entire career, set up on the blocks and run the offense through it.

You need to stop pretending like LeISO is anything like initiating the O from 10 feet out.

mmmKay Mr. Bayless?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LBJ has never, in his entire career, set up on the blocks and run the offense through it.

You need to stop pretending like LeISO is anything like initiating the O from 10 feet out.

mmmKay Mr. Bayless?

No.

jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 pm

KAJ? Where are you hearing this? Don't recall Jesse alluding to it...
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 pm

OldDawg wrote:LBJ certainly did play well in the nba finals. But there is something that GREATLY contributed to his ability to own the floor like he did and the Heat's winning a Ring. And this is lost to all the people who are busy crowning LBJ now.

Bettier and Miller went 3-32 from downtown in the playoffs when LBJ was on the bench, and 79-177 when he was in the game. Or in other words:

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 pm

the grown-up table wrote: Goo Gleeph - if you go up on your deck and drop an object and it fall, do you harbor resentment?

If it aggravates me? Yeah. I cling to it like a security blanket.

;-) ;) :wink:
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 pm

LeISO from the elbow was also more effective than LeIso from two feet behind the three point line when the Cavaliers faced the Orlando Magic...

Why this is would cause me to post too much information, of which I am incabable.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 pm

He's still a cunt.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 am

^Exactly, but let's give way to an open minded analysis of sports. /puke
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA