Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Good to see Cass back

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Good to see Cass back

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:18 am

Don't be a stranger Erik, and ignore Eyesore.

Makes a god point on frontage neither Wallace nor Colt should stay.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Good to see Cass back

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:23 am

Agree wholeheartedly.

I mean, on the Cassano thing!
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 am

while I agree with the column, Wallace is Holmgren's pet - he's not going anywhere.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Wallace didn't help Colt b/c he probably felt he was better than Colt and should be starting ahead of him, but I'd have to think he knows where he stands with Weeden. That and the fact there's no way he makes $3 million this year somewhere else should be ample motivation for him to bend over backwards to help the rookie.

And if I operate under the assumption that Colt and Seneca bring about the same level of play to the table (which I do), then I boot Colt rather than Wallace since Colt is more of a distraction, cannot help Weeden, and has more perceived value throughout the league. My guess is that the Browns will gratefully take a 6th round pick from some team that loses a QB in the early preseason and be done with him.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Colt was done here the minute James Harrison lowered his head. Not sure why the folly of thinking otherwise.

1. Colt failed here. And, 2-6 as as I wrote last week:
2. His arm is weak and the org blames him directly for the receivers sucking.
3. His arm won't be any stronger off the bench and there are no additional receivers here to help him.
4. Seneca is Holmgren's bitch and always has been.
5. Seneca IS a backup QB and always has been will be. You have no idea IF Colt can assume the role.
6. How many more times does any of this need to be said?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Wallace didn't help Colt b/c he probably felt he was better than Colt and should be starting ahead of him, but I'd have to think he knows where he stands with Weeden. That and the fact there's no way he makes $3 million this year somewhere else should be ample motivation for him to bend over backwards to help the rookie.

And if I operate under the assumption that Colt and Seneca bring about the same level of play to the table (which I do), then I boot Colt rather than Wallace since Colt is more of a distraction, cannot help Weeden, and has more perceived value throughout the league. My guess is that the Browns will gratefully take a 6th round pick from some team that loses a QB in the early preseason and be done with him.

Nice post Mr. Holmgren. How's that weight loss thing comming along? ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously, this is absolutely what will happen. Nice reading of the tea leaves. I wonder if Brad McCoy will hold a presser when his son gets cut?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Brad McCoy needs to get with Bubby Brister's mom IMO.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:03 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Wallace didn't help Colt b/c he probably felt he was better than Colt and should be starting ahead of him, but I'd have to think he knows where he stands with Weeden. That and the fact there's no way he makes $3 million this year somewhere else should be ample motivation for him to bend over backwards to help the rookie.

Nice post Mr. Holmgren. How's that weight loss thing comming along? ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously, this is absolutely what will happen. Nice reading of the tea leaves. I wonder if Brad McCoy will hold a presser when his son gets cut?

Not so good. Damn mango and chile powder pops.

Brad McCoy will make some kind of statement about the Browns being a terrible organization with an inept front office that is going nowhere to take the light off his son's failures and relative non-worth, and a lot of people will embrace his statements because they inexplicably think Colt is a good QB (mostly non-Browns fans) and the Browns are indeed a mess.

None of this will change the fact that Colt McCoy's career arc post-Browns will match the career arc of Tim Couch post-Browns and Kelly Holcomb post-Browns and Brady Quinn post-Browns and Charlie Frye post-Browns (I won't even say DA post-Browns b/c DA actually got a starting job for a little while).

The McCoys are gonna be bitter b/c indignations like this just don't happen to their family.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Brad McCoy will make some kind of statement about the Browns being a terrible organization with an inept front office that is going nowhere to take the light off his son's failures and relative non-worth, and a lot of people will embrace his statements because they inexplicably think Colt is a good QB (mostly non-Browns fans) and the Browns are indeed a mess.

Well... it certainly won't be because the Browns are a terrible organization with an inept front office that is going nowhere... that's for sure.

People will laugh him out of the room for that lack of credibility and obvious reach.

I respect and appreciate your proactive volley. But if anyone believes that McCoy doesn't blow and that the organization hasn't/doesn't blow (who drafted the weak-armed kid w/daddy issues?) then....meh...fuck it. This is getting brain-numbingly ridiculous.

Got guys already apologizing for Papa McCoy's horrific lies and telling me how much better the team will be regardless of whether they win or not.

One day this loser bullshit may end. I'm with you in hoping for that much.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 pm

The loser bullshit will match the losing every inch of the way. The 'victim' culture has killed us. It's another reason I am not very fond of Art Modell.

Recall Big Dawg slobbering horrifically to Congress in the 90s.

I would love us to enjoy ourselves for a while again. If we become sneering, arrogant and smug, so be it.

I'm ready.

The appeal of moving on from this is why I want a clean slate- I would love for the 'dawg' thing to be retired.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Brad McCoy will make some kind of statement about the Browns being a terrible organization with an inept front office that is going nowhere to take the light off his son's failures and relative non-worth, and a lot of people will embrace his statements because they inexplicably think Colt is a good QB (mostly non-Browns fans) and the Browns are indeed a mess.

Well... it certainly won't be because the Browns are a terrible organization with an inept front office that is going nowhere... that's for sure.

People will laugh him out of the room for that lack of credibility and obvious reach.

I respect and appreciate your proactive volley. But if anyone believes that McCoy doesn't blow and that the organization hasn't/doesn't blow (who drafted the weak-armed kid w/daddy issues?) then....meh...fuck it. This is getting brain-numbingly ridiculous.

Got guys already apologizing for Papa McCoy's horrific lies and telling me how much better the team will be regardless of whether they win or not.

We're saying the same thing (mostly). Papa McCoy stating an obvious truth - such as this organization has sucked forever - doesn't change any facts about his son's lack of ability.

It's like saying "Colt is lucky to be out of Cleveland because it's cold there in December". Yes. It IS cold there in December. And the fact that he won't be playing in the Cold anymore doesn't change the fact that he isn't good. The Cold may suck, but the Cold didn't make HIM suck. He sucked all on his own.

Papa and Baby Brother McCoy will try and spin it that it was all the Cold's fault, which is I guess what they have to do. Some people might even believe that. Since clearly all the other QB's that washed out here went on to HoF careers elsewhere.
Hikohadon

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

We're saying the same thing (mostly). Papa McCoy stating an obvious truth - such as this organization has sucked forever - doesn't change any facts about his son's lack of ability.

It's like saying "Colt is lucky to be out of Cleveland because it's cold there in December". Yes. It IS cold there in December. And the fact that he won't be playing in the Cold anymore doesn't change the fact that he isn't good. The Cold may suck, but the Cold didn't make HIM suck. He sucked all on his own.

Papa and Baby Brother McCoy will try and spin it that it was all the Cold's fault, which is I guess what they have to do. Some people might even believe that. Since clearly all the other QB's that washed out here went on to HoF careers elsewhere.

But isn't it obvious that they would have been HOF'ers if they hadn't been ruined in Cle?
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

That_Guy™ wrote:But isn't it obvious that they would have been HOF'ers if they hadn't been ruined in Cle?

True. Like Ryan Leaf was ruined by San Diego.
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL