Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs pick #4

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs pick #4

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

e0y2e3 wrote:He signed off on this guy, stop fucking ignoring WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND WAS REPORTED BY LITERALLY EVERY NBA REPORTER OUT THERE

And what I'm saying is that I don't think it matters to Howard. This guy, that guy, whoever. Good for O-town, hire wunderkid. Doesn't matter to Dewey. In his mind Howard is about getting hiis back right and getting out of Dodge to a contender with other players around him and a big, fat max deal after a faux S&T.

And van Gundy getting crushed by Howard? Why does a dog lick himself? There's your answer.

I can not ascribe a single rational motive to staying in O-town for Howard right now, thus all of the FO persoonel details you lay out per the blogosphere are non sequitors to me.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 am

No, you're a fucking idiot that didn't follow this stupidity.

This isn't blogosphere anything, BTW, it is pure reporting from the Woj's, Berger's, etc.

Dewey is a cocksucker piece of shit that changed his mind literally every third day last year between demanding a trade and staying with Orlando. His final shift occured just before the trade deadline when he agreed to SIGN HIS OPTION THIS YEAR TO STAY contingent on them firing SVG and Smith and him getting approval on the new hires. And his back was fine when he agreed to SIGN FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

This is fucking widely reported by EVERYONE. Dewey is a piece of shit that may very well end up traded, but you can't pretend to know WTF he is going to do when HE CHANGED HIS OWN DAMN MIND AND MADE A FOOL OF HIMSELF DOING IT EVERY OTHER MONTH FOR THE LAST FUCKING YEAR.

Stop talking about shit you didn't follow, it makes you more troll than interesting.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No, you're a fucking idiot that didn't follow this stupidity.

Peace out thread killa. You are incapable of communicating as a man communicates on all too frequent occasions.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 am

So it sounds like all that's left for the big guy to do is carry his team to the post season, then quit, to avoid any further internal conflicts on what to do.

:bigsmile
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 am

jb wrote:

Peace out thread killa. You are incapable of communicating as a man communicates on all too frequent occasions.

Awww, sorry JB. I guess I shouldn't have expected you to actually know what the fuck you are talking about when it is public record available with about four keystrokes.

If you want to make shit up be my guest.

If you want to try and read the tea leaves on a guy who is a mental midget and is going to change his mind re: what he is doing 200x again this year be my guest.

But DON'T fucking roll in here and point to "THEY HIRED THIS GUY, LOOK IT PROVES SOMETHING!!!!" when, literally, Dewey getting final approval of hires was one of the two or three most reported on NBA stories of the last year. Right up there with the word that his back was actually fine and he just refused to play for SVG anymore.

Ignoring facts is below you. Tea leave read all the fuck you want, but don't completely distort reality.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:50 am

I will take ignoring facts over LeBron trolling
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 am

btw my avatar makes me laugh every time, really cant get enough of it. Even when they win they fail.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am

David Roth compared Bosh to Little Foot from the Land Before Time last night.

It's really the perfect comp.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 am

Moral of the story today: Dumb big guy's back :: whore's elbow.

BTW Ziner what do you have against Yam fries?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 am

FUDU wrote:Moral of the story today: Dumb big guy's back :: whore's elbow.

BTW Ziner what do you have against Yam fries?

I dont remember, they are pretty tasty, it was most likely a pissing match with CDT.

I really like sweet potato tater tots that this local BBQ spot has, makes me want to pour champagne on Chris Bosh's face.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:

Awww, sorry JB. I guess I shouldn't have expected you to actually know what the fuck you are talking about when it is public record available with about four keystrokes.

If you want to make shit up be my guest.

If you want to try and read the tea leaves on a guy who is a mental midget and is going to change his mind re: what he is doing 200x again this year be my guest.

But DON'T fucking roll in here and point to "THEY HIRED THIS GUY, LOOK IT PROVES SOMETHING!!!!" when, literally, Dewey getting final approval of hires was one of the two or three most reported on NBA stories of the last year. Right up there with the word that his back was actually fine and he just refused to play for SVG anymore.

Ignoring facts is below you. Tea leave read all the fuck you want, but don't completely distort reality.

OK, now you're back.

I knew damn well about the extension and what Howard did last year. I think he did that for PR reasons so when he did leave he can point to that and he neds time for his back to get right to sign for mega hellijack. The heat was on over his callous SVG actions and he blinked not wanting to have to go through what LeBron went through post Decision. Being a pussy is not the same as not having your mind made up.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am

Nothing Howard did was for PR reasons, or he wouldn't have blatently torpedo'd his coach, refused to play, etc.

Not to mention that he actually looked like a bigger dick for pretending to demand a trade for six months and then changing his mind at the last second. Had Howard just done what CP3 did, BTW, he would have gotten no Heat. Smith ran the Magic into the ground and Howard had a worse roster around him than LBJ in Cleveland. No one would have thought twice about him demanding out, shutting up and getting traded. Howard made himself an asshole by doing everything else he did (including demanding final approval of hires).

How many times these playoffs did you hear people call out CP3? Zero? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 am

Ziner wrote:btw my avatar makes me laugh every time, really cant get enough of it. Even when they win they fail.

I think it's great that Bosh had to pour the champagne on himself b/c teammates were too focused on LBJ.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Nothing Howard did was for PR reasons, or he wouldn't have blatently torpedo'd his coach, refused to play, etc.

Not to mention that he actually looked like a bigger dick for pretending to demand a trade for six months and then changing his mind at the last second. Had Howard just done what CP3 did, BTW, he would have gotten no Heat. Smith ran the Magic into the ground and Howard had a worse roster around him than LBJ in Cleveland. No one would have thought twice about him demanding out, shutting up and getting traded. Howard made himself an asshole by doing everything else he did (including demanding final approval of hires).

How many times these playoffs did you hear people call out CP3? Zero? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Backing down in public in the spotlight was certainly for PR reasons. He knows he killing himself in the FA market if he's a coach killer and has a bad back.

I dont look at Howard as a calculating individual with completely consistent actions. I see him as basically Aldus Snow in sneakers.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Dude, he didn't back down for PR anything. He demanded which teams he would accept a trade too and no one offered anything better than Brook Lopez/Pau Gasol for him so he realized that his best bet was staying. And then when he stayed he further torpedoed his public image by sandbagging his coach, firing his GM and sitting out games for no reason.

Now he's up there with Melo as the biggest asshole in the NBA.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:16 am

Dudes, why don't you start a Dewey thread and leave this to the Cavs pick #4?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 pm

FWIW: coming into a thread 24 hours after a ten post derailment that is clearly over and saying it should be in another thread only further contributes to the thread in question being pushed further and further from its original subject matter.

Just sayin'
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 pm

draftexpress.com has some excellent medium-length videos (around 6-8 minutes) showcasing the strengths and weaknesses of most of their projected 1st round picks. If you really want to get a good idea of what the top prospects can and can't do, and whether they might be able to improve, that's your place to go.

FWIW, my order of preference is Davis (who we obviously won't get), Beal, MKG, Robinson, Barnes. Davis is in a class by himself.

I like Beal over MKG because of his versatility. I think in 3-4 years he'll be one of the league's best shooters, and I think he can develop into at least an average defender. I don't think he'll ever be a great defender though.

MKG will be an elite defender, but he just doesn't have an offensive game. His mechanics are an absolute mess. But he can defend anyone on the court, save for the larger post players. I think he settles into a hybrid 3/4...but in a good way (like Gerald Wallace) and not in a tweener/guy-without-a-position way (like Derrick Williams).

I rank Robinson ahead of Barnes because I like Robinson's ceiling better than Barnes. Tristan Thompson doesn't stop me from drafting Robinson. I have yet to see anything from TT that indicates he's an athletic freak with no discernible basketball skills.

I don't consider Drummond with the #4 pick.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm

StewieG wrote:I don't consider Drummond with the #4 pick.

which is exactly why i fear the cavs will indeed draft drummond. just like when they drafted thompson at # 4 when most people didn't even have him going in the lottery, the cavs "braintrust" think they are the smartest ones in the room and will draft more on potential than actual skill and talent. screw potential. chris washburn had potential when he came out north carolina state in 1986 and look what happened with him -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... nt.19.html

sorry, but i don't consider drummond anywhere but in the 2nd round, let alone at the # 4 pick. otherwise, he might just give washburn a run for the money as the 2nd worst nba draft bust in history.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby jerryroche » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

davemanddd wrote:
StewieG wrote:I don't consider Drummond with the #4 pick.

sorry, but i don't consider drummond anywhere but in the 2nd round, let alone at the # 4 pick. otherwise, he might just give washburn a run for the money as the 2nd worst nba draft bust in history.

Cavs got reamed at No.4 last year when there didn't appear to be much left in the way of big men. Hopefully, they will learn from 2011 and not do Drummond, as there appears to be a bit more talent to choose from this time around. No.4 should never, ever be a developmental-type player. No.24 yes, but never No.4.

If Davis, Robertson or Beal is not available, I'd be more inclined to take Lamb (inlove) (rather than Kidd-Gilchrist or Barnes) and quickly get him on a weight program. The kid from Connecticut is long and can flat-out shoot.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:48 am

StewieG wrote:FWIW, my order of preference is Davis (who we obviously won't get), Beal, MKG, Robinson, Barnes. Davis is in a class by himself.

I rank Robinson ahead of Barnes because I like Robinson's ceiling better than Barnes. Tristan Thompson doesn't stop me from drafting Robinson. I have yet to see anything from TT that indicates he's an athletic freak with no discernible basketball skills.

I don't consider Drummond with the #4 pick.

You bring up a good point...
If Beal and MKG are both gone, who do you go with...
Barnes or Robinson?

I think the Cavs will take Barnes. Firstly, there's a lot of buzz that they like him. Secondly, I don't think they'll want to admit the mistake of TT.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:22 pm

I agree, I think the Cavs take Barnes in that scenario. I also think they'll look at Drummond there, no matter how much I might disagree with it. Regardless, the key to our draft is what happens with Charlotte at #2. In the end, I do think they go with Robinson, Beal goes 3, and we take MKG.
StewieG

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 pm

StewieG wrote:I agree, I think the Cavs take Barnes in that scenario. I also think they'll look at Drummond there, no matter how much I might disagree with it. Regardless, the key to our draft is what happens with Charlotte at #2. In the end, I do think they go with Robinson, Beal goes 3, and we take MKG.

Its funny. We all woulda peed our pants a few weeks ago if we thought MKG would fall to us. Now we are all in Beal-love. Even though eye always loved MKG, he seemed to lead the charge in here about Beal. Bottom line, I think we have a chance to get a starter and a potentially solid rotation player in the first round.
OldDawg

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:35 pm

They are gonna pick Drummond. They wanna create the most impotent offensive big combo in the league.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

And they want you to watch every game with a giant woody.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Orenthal wrote:They are gonna pick Drummond. They wanna create the most impotent offensive big combo in the league.

IIRC, TT was selected because of his workout with the Cavs. It certainly wasn't because of anything else, because everyone else had him rated out of the top 10.

My hope is that if Drummond is as lazy as everyone says, there's no way he can put together a good workout. However, if he is as freakishly athletic for a big as everyone says, he could put a good show on for the money for that brief time.

Now is not the time to take a gamble. Four years ago, you could take a risky "up-side" gamble. We are way too thin now to miss.
OldDawg

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Drummond is crushing workouts. Yi style.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 pm

It's being reported by multiple people (Chad Ford) that the Cavs are looking to trade up to #2 to take Bradley Beal. Also being reported that if they don't trade up, and MKG is sitting there at 4, they'll still take Barnes.

Ford's Mock is Insider:
The most likely scenario has the Bobcats swapping the No. 2 pick with Cleveland for the No. 4 pick and either pick No. 24 or picks 33 and 34. Obviously, the Bobcats would prefer the 24th pick, but the Cavs would prefer to hold on to it. Although the Cavs aren't the only team in play for the pick, they have the most realistic scenario right now and likely would take Bradley Beal at No. 2. If the Bobcats end up keeping the pick, it sounds as though Robinson has a slight edge here.

SI:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/06/25/nba-draft-key-questions-picks-trades/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby pup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 pm

So if the Bobcats are taking Robinson...why are we trading up?

Telling Beal > MKG + Sullinger ( :nanner: )
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:43 pm

And all you fools who were spitting Perry Jones at 4 crap can also now finally acknowledge he isn't going in the lottery.

I get the Beal fascination, this team has painted themselves into a TERRIBLE corner with the lack of scorers on the roster, getting the highest ceiling scorer in the draft isn't a bad idea.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:51 pm

pup wrote:So if the Bobcats are taking Robinson...why are we trading up?

Telling Beal > MKG + Sullinger ( :nanner: )

At this point, it doesn't look like the Bobcats will be taking anyone at #2. If they are forced to stay at #2, they might settle for Robinson, but they are shopping the pick. Hard.

And I think the gap betwixt Barnes and Beal is wide enough that if I were the Cavs, I'd make sure I got Beal. If they can get a deal done for both 2nd rounders, they've lost next to nothing, value-wise. I'd be fine even if they had to give up their other #1.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And they want you to watch every game with a giant woody.

I accept the fact I am a complete homer and will be happy with anything. It is a more blissful existence. I save my angst for thiings that really matter, like politics.

btw I have no problem with them painting themselves in a corner or trading up for Beal. After Davis his skillset seems most destined for star status. Also now is the time to gamble. Kyrie is coming off his rookie season and if you gamble and blow it you are looking at another very high lotto pick. Year two is a no lose, its unlikely we make a James-like leap (and the org "seems" patient), and you are not gonna hit on every pick. If there is a year to swing and miss on potential its this year. But fuck Drummond, Andy, and TT is such a combo of nothing on offense that I may take back my entire premise.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Things you don't want former teammates saying about you:

RT @blazersedge: UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond's NBA potential: "It depends on if he wants to work."
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:21 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Things you don't want former teammates saying about you:

RT @blazersedge: UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond's NBA potential: "It depends on if he wants to work."

That quote doesn't surprise me in the least. And I have no problems believing that.
StewieG

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:40 am

If the Bobcats like Robinson, and they swap their 2nd pick for the Cavs 4th, they would likely still be able to get Robinson at 4. Good move on their part. The Cavs, though, have some leverage in that Robinson won't be as assuredly available after 4. That means there aren't a ton of trade partners that give them that level of peace of mind in what they can get with the pick. Hopefully that leverage translates into us not having to give up 24 for the trade.

Wait, isn't this a little deja vu with the browns' draft?
OldDawg

Unread postby ramllov » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 am

Cleveland will sit at four and take the best player they like. If Robinson goes second, they have more players available.

I doubt that they would trade back with another team for another high pick.

I could see them trade down from 24 if the right player falls far enough.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:53 am

If the sun rises, the sun is up. However, if daylight savings time is going on the sun will rise at a different time.

I doubt the sun would stop rising if the moon asked it to.

I could see the sun setting in the west tonight though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am

:lmfao:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby rk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

OldDawg wrote:Wait, isn't this a little deja vu with the browns' draft?

A little. In this case though the Cavs are playing the role of a team trying to jump the team that is obviously targetting someone. In the NFL it was the Browns concern over being jumped by TB that caused them to move up. And while Minny had expressed contentment with losing out on the guy they wanted at 3 by moving down a few spots they were obviously in love with him and would not have really moved down farther that a spot that would guarantee them the guy they wanted.

The Wizards are the team that trapped themselves in the corner a bit with their trade and the Bobcats might be perfectly willing to drop one spot for the Wizards 2nd round pick rather than drop two spots for anything other than the Cavs other first. Cavs are hopefully offering at least the 2 second rounders (assuming they want Beal) but Charlotte may not want to risk losing out on whoever they want by dropping a couple spots.
Last edited by rk on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 pm

:lmfao: :lmfao:
jb

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Sweet mother of ridiculous cliches and stupid hyperbole.....

Holy hell that is a terrible pile of shit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Sweet mother of ridiculous cliches and stupid hyperbole.....

Holy hell that is a terrible pile of shit.

Seriously, couldn't even read the whole thing. Nothing in there that hasn't been said ad nauseum. And it's all best case scenarios.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Ehh, I liked that he just gave an analysis of post-tournament thoughts on players and workouts, without trying to fantasize about which team is taking which player.

like 90% of the non DX draft hype is trying to project a player onto a team based on whispers of who they like.....i'd rather just get the ad nauseum regurgitation about what guys can do.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Eye (and others) - Hit me with reaction.

I'm really intrigued by some of the talent slated to go about 8 - 12 slots above our 2nd 1st round pick.

Would we have a realistic chance of sending the remaining 3 picks to move up for a Ty Zoeller or a Moe Harkness or even maybe a T Ross?

Just looks so much better at what is projected if we wait and watch it fall.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Ehh, I liked that he just gave an analysis of post-tournament thoughts on players and workouts, without trying to fantasize about which team is taking which player.

like 90% of the non DX draft hype is trying to project a player onto a team based on whispers of who they like.....i'd rather just get the ad nauseum regurgitation about what guys can do.

Statements like Lillard being the least selfish PG ever, etc, are beyond ridiculous.

Seriously, he just spit out as much hyperbole and cliche as he could. It's horrendous.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:43 pm

jb wrote:Eye (and others) - Hit me with reaction.

I'm really intrigued by some of the talent slated to go about 8 - 12 slots above our 2nd 1st round pick.

Would we have a realistic chance of sending the remaining 3 picks to move up for a Ty Zoeller or a Moe Harkness or even maybe a T Ross?

I doubt it, but doesn't hurt to try. Getting ahold of one of those center prospects would be freaking great (or Ross, but with Beal they don't really need him, with MKG they do). That said, not sure why any of those teams would want to move back for second rounders unless they attached a really shitty contract to the deal.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jb wrote:Eye (and others) - Hit me with reaction.

I doubt it, but doesn't hurt to try. Getting ahold of one of those center prospects would be freaking great (or Ross, but with Beal they don't really need him, with MKG they do). That said, not sure why any of those teams would want to move back for second rounders unless they attached a really shitty contract to the deal.

Which we'd be in position to absorb as we'll never sign a decent FA, right?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Dolan is too cheap for that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Dolan is too cheap for that.

Heh.

But Gilbert isn't and plus he's got to be in a tizz with LBJ making his "guarantee" looking dumber and dumber.

In fact, do you see a big "blow it all on the worng guys" push coming from TMLP like when DF screwed the pooch?
jb

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA