Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians vs Reds 6/19/12 STEALING SIGNS EDITION

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Indians vs Reds 6/19/12 STEALING SIGNS EDITION

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Did the Indians steal a sign????
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm

And the shit-talking theory works yet again.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm

In the 80s, when we would attend an emotional Browns win, we'd be laughing and making eye contact with cute girls- whoever was smiling back, we'd give big smooches to hahahaa
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

skatingtripods wrote:And the shit-talking theory works yet again.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Keep up the negativity :thumb up: never say anything good about this team. I was ready to turn the tv off. Glad I didn't.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Just starting the bottom of the 9th on Chi's south side. Cubbies up by one. Keep fingers crossed.....
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Prosecutor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm

From goat to hero in 24 hours. That's baseball. Way to go, Droobs!

Santana has got to learn to block pitches in the dirt with his chest protector when there's a runner on third. Get that glove out of the way; if the ball hits the edge of the mitt it's a wild pitch.

Three hits and a walk for Choo - very nice game.

I don't think Duncan and Cunningham would get more than a hit or two if they had 20 at-bats between them.

Great job by Tomlin, now if he could just pitch like that every time out.

Droobs has to get out of the batter's box faster. That's twice in two games he got thrown out at 2nd by the right fielder. Bruce really has a gun out there. Good thing Asdrubal's home run cleared the wall. If it bounced off the wall Bruce would have thrown Choo out at home.

Let's get the brooms out tomorrow with Masterson going.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you Cubs!

We're Number One! We're Number Gonna enjoy it as long as it lasts.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

So long second. Hello first. I missed you (inlove)
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 pm

http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 81160-1026

When the ball clears the fence, watch the guy in blue hopping and hollering at the guy in red.
No doubt it was some payback- Cincinnati fans can sure put the 'cock' in 'cocky'
googleeph2

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 pm

So if the Indians win tomorrow. Who gets the prestigious Ohio Cup Award? Cause it'll be tied 3-3.

Flip a coin?
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 pm

googleeph2 wrote:http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22425247&c_id=cle&partnerId=aw-6755749694240581160-1026

When the ball clears the fence, watch the guy in blue hopping and hollering at the guy in red.
No doubt it was some payback- Cincinnati fans can sure put the 'cock' in 'cocky'

Guy in red looked like a Cavs fan... Perhaps he it spelled "James" on the back
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Crazy thing was, that was a pretty good pitch by Chapman.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Dellucci TailGator wrote:Crazy thing was, that was a pretty good pitch by Chapman.

Agreed. I think Asdrubal was looking away. That first one he had a pretty good cut on was out over the plate away. Beautiful, beautiful swing.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:28 am

Prosecutor wrote:From goat to hero in 24 hours. That's baseball. Way to go, Droobs!

Santana has got to learn to block pitches in the dirt with his chest protector when there's a runner on third. Get that glove out of the way; if the ball hits the edge of the mitt it's a wild pitch.

Three hits and a walk for Choo - very nice game.

I don't think Duncan and Cunningham would get more than a hit or two if they had 20 at-bats between them.

Great job by Tomlin, now if he could just pitch like that every time out.

Droobs has to get out of the batter's box faster. That's twice in two games he got thrown out at 2nd by the right fielder. Bruce really has a gun out there. Good thing Asdrubal's home run cleared the wall. If it bounced off the wall Bruce would have thrown Choo out at home.

Let's get the brooms out tomorrow with Masterson going.

Getting out of the box faster would not have helped. Bruce didn't half ass it and cut that ball off at a perfect angle. The play was right in front of Cabrera so he should have been much smarter when making that turn at first. Bruce takes a slight angle that takes him in the direction towards the outfield wall and suddenly Cabrera is being praised for his "hustle".
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 am

No question Bruce took the right angle and made a great throw. Droobs should have stopped at first because he had a good look at Bruce fielding the ball as Droobs was rounding first. I agree, if Bruce already has the ball in his glove as Droobs is rounding the bag he has to stop. My point is that if he hustled out of the box he would have been a few of steps past the bag and probably would have made it.

I think he assumed the ball would roll all the way to the fence and he could stroll into second.

That video was great. The guy was wearing a Reds shirt. You can tell he's a Reds fan by his body language as the Tribe fan was screaming at him. Great stuff. The Reds fan was probably giving him crap all game, especially when the Reds scored the go-ahead run.

On another topic, Chisenhall swings at everything within a foot of the strike zone. His first two at-bats I counted five fastballs that were well above the belt that he swung at, and he popped out twice. It was obvious the Reds were not going to throw him any fastballs down, after the way he hit one of them out the night before. The plan was to tease him with low breaking balls and get him to chase the high heat, and it worked to perfection.

Even in the 10th, leading off against Chapman, Chiz swung at a high fastball on the first pitch and flied out. He has yet to draw a single walk this season, which is ridiculous. If he doesn't develop some plate discipline soon he'll be back in Columbus. Right now the scouting report is to throw him pitches out of the zone and he'll chase.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 am

Loved Hagadone buzzing Votto with the high heat.

Great game, $10 beer is bullshit.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 am

Prosecutor wrote:That video was great. The guy was wearing a Reds shirt. You can tell he's a Reds fan by his body language as the Tribe fan was screaming at him. Great stuff. The Reds fan was probably giving him crap all game, especially when the Reds scored the go-ahead run.

Sums up Pros in a single statement. You could tell he was a Reds fan by his body language? Everyone else could tell he was a Reds fan because HE WAS WEARING A GOD DAMN REDS SHIRT AT AN INDIANS/REDS GAME.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 am

Pup, I just have to say that I noticed that Indians fan screaming instantly, and only hoped someone on the Internets had captured it.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:Droobs has to get out of the batter's box faster. That's twice in two games he got thrown out at 2nd by the right fielder. Bruce really has a gun out there. Good thing Asdrubal's home run cleared the wall. If it bounced off the wall Bruce would have thrown Choo out at home.

Getting out of the box faster would not have helped. Bruce didn't half ass it and cut that ball off at a perfect angle. The play was right in front of Cabrera so he should have been much smarter when making that turn at first. Bruce takes a slight angle that takes him in the direction towards the outfield wall and suddenly Cabrera is being praised for his "hustle".

Acta: ""I didn't notice that until later when I was watching some videos because you usually follow the ball," said Acta. "I spoke to him. We talked about it. We don't make a lot of things public, but Cabbie plays through a lot of pain at times. We respect him for that."

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... ra_ta.html

Acta may be making excuses, but remember when AC missed a few games with the hamstring? There's no way that he's playing at 100%.

You can make the argument that he should have made it to 2B in the Pirates game, but he ran pretty well when Bruce through him out. I just don't think that there's much explosion in that leg. Even in running counts, Cabrera's not moving from first. Stayed there on a 3-2 pitch to Kipnis the other night off a righty, in a spot where you don't anticipate Kip striking out.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 am

pup wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:That video was great. The guy was wearing a Reds shirt. You can tell he's a Reds fan by his body language as the Tribe fan was screaming at him. Great stuff. The Reds fan was probably giving him crap all game, especially when the Reds scored the go-ahead run.

Sums up Pros in a single statement. You could tell he was a Reds fan by his body language? Everyone else could tell he was a Reds fan because HE WAS WEARING A GOD DAMN REDS SHIRT AT AN INDIANS/REDS GAME.

In law enforcement, we call that a clue.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 pm

In an earlier post RedDawg53 said the guy in red looked like a Cavs fan. I interpreted that to mean he thought the guy might be wearing a Cavs shirt and wasn't necessarily a Reds fan.

I said you can tell he's a Reds fan by the fact that he just stood there in shock rather than celebrating like all the Tribe fans were doing. So even if it's unclear as to what shirt he had on, his reaction made it obvious.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

What sign were we stealing when they swept us in Cinn ?
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Good point.

And anyway, sign stealing is fair game in my book, if done on the field (no cameras, etc.).
If you don't want you sign stolen, then sufficiently hide it. It's on you.
googleeph2

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 pm

ESPN is doing a who has the best stadium voting in alla NCAA bracket style, Progressive Field was paired up with Turner Field in round 1 and lost, I've never been to Turner, but I've heard it's pretty drab. I know Progressive is starting to age a bit, but seems like BS to me.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Getting close to game time and Red hasn't started a new thread yet...... you don't mess with a streak Red!!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB