Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sandusky

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Ain't my fault PSU is too awesome a place for you to let be post detox JB.

Good restaraunts. Nice campus. Not close to ND, but nice campus.

But the perv enablers are likely still there.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Uh oh.

Is it possible he walks? These profiles look like the prosecution got schooled.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_jury_breakdown.html
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

jb wrote:Uh oh.

Not sure what you mean, jb. Associations with PSU...or what? From everything I hear, anyone associated with the university hates Sandusky's guts and wants to see him fry.

Hearing some talk about the possibility of a plea bargain...even before opening arguments begin. It would save a lot of the victims from having their identities disclosed...but would also prevent them from whatever closure or satisfaction might be the result of their venting of their stories.

Not sure how much it matters, as long as the SOB never again sees the light of day...and assuming it would require a guilty plea on some or all of the worst of the charges. Haven't read a lot about it lately, but hear that feds are now involved too, since Victim #4 has confirmed that he was taken (across state lines) to a bowl game for the purpose of having sex with him.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 am

danwismar wrote:
jb wrote:Uh oh.

Not sure what you mean, jb. Associations with PSU...or what? From everything I hear, anyone associated with the university hates Sandusky's guts and wants to see him fry.

Hearing some talk about the possibility of a plea bargain...even before opening arguments begin. It would save a lot of the victims from having their identities disclosed...but would also prevent them from whatever closure or satisfaction might be the result of their venting of their stories.

Not sure how much it matters, as long as the SOB never again sees the light of day...and assuming it would require a guilty plea on some or all of the worst of the charges. Haven't read a lot about it lately, but hear that feds are now involved too, since Victim #4 has confirmed that he was taken (across state lines) to a bowl game for the purpose of having sex with him.

Criminal trial. They only need one disseter. I can see a few friendly jurors profiles.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 am

danwismar wrote:From everything I hear, anyone associated with the university hates Sandusky's guts and wants to see him fry.

This times ten trillion.

If you aren't one of the shit ass OSU fans that ruin the rep for the rest of us you would get this.

PSU Fan and Administration was more hurt by this whole thing than anyone outside of the victims.

JB just is a troll.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

jb wrote:Criminal trial. They only need one dissenter. I can see a few friendly jurors profiles.

Gotcha.

An acquittal seems just unimaginable though, given the number and cred of the victims....and the volume of the charges...

Imagine being the one juror that lets this monster walk...and having to go back to your small town life with everyone knowing who's responsible for it.

One juror can hang the jury, but one juror can't acquit the man.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
danwismar wrote:From everything I hear, anyone associated with the university hates Sandusky's guts and wants to see him fry.

This times ten trillion.

If you aren't one of the shit ass OSU fans that ruin the rep for the rest of us you would get this.

PSU Fan and Administration was more hurt by this whole thing than anyone outside of the victims.

JB just is a troll.

Easy tiger. Back off my man jb. He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone as to his OSU fanhood, which is long established around here. He made an observation about the juror profiles that he was concerned they might be overly sympathetic with the defendant. I for one share his concern. The last thing any of us want is to see the scumbag walk.

danwismar

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

e0y2e3 wrote:

This times ten trillion.

JB just is a troll.

Are the thousands holding a candlelight vigil outside the most powerful man in PA's house that couldn't stop this count?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:47 am

Last time I checked it wasn't JoPa on trial.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:50 am

The best part of all of this is me being called an asshole for calling out OSU fans marching for Tressel (who cheated and admitted it) and then OSU fans calling out PSU fans for holding vigils for a coach that did more for his university and community than Tressel could have even imagined doing at OSU.

They both were great men that had their supporters that went down with them, respecting the good they did and ignoring the bad.

OSU fans are still giant fucking hyprocritts or trolls.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

JB is efficient. I figured him trolling the NBA forum would take up too much time for him to troll the college forum too. He's got skills.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I don't care to debate which disgraced coach did more for his university community, but I do object to drawing some sort of moral equivalence between a guy who failed to report minor NCAA violations by players and a guy who enabled a known child molester to rack up additional victims for more than a decade. Light years apart.

It is not to "ignore" what Tressel did wrong to take note of the difference between the two. As for Tressel's sins, I stand behind all zillion words I've written on the subject. http://danwismar.com/archives/wizblog/2 ... essel_file

I have always understood the word "hypocrite" to mean someone who advocates or demands a certain level of behavior of others that he makes no attempt to live up to himself. How that standard applies to "OSU fans" broadly defined is beyond me. Maybe you could also define what you mean by "troll". That would be helpful.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm

danwismar wrote:Maybe you could also define what you mean by "troll". That would be helpful.

Anyone who doesn't hate being a Buckeye fan.

If you're a proud Buckeye fan, you're a troll.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 pm

LOL, suck it Sandusky.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8025493/judge-denies-motions-toss-jerry-sandusky-sex-charges

...and comparing JTs sins to Fr. Sandusky's, epic.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 pm

FUDU wrote:LOL, suck it Sandusky.

His answer would be "gladly".

And as usual wiz has it right. Hatas.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm

I troll.

Lee trolls.

CDT does.

JB trolls.

Many people here do. Sometimes to get a reaction (like CDT's butt hurt response above), sometimes to get conversations started or rolling, sometimes to be a dick (guilty).

It's another club in the board bag ;-) ;) :wink:

But you better bring something more than that or you're not going to last.

I'd define it smply as saying something you may or may not totally believe but with the express purpose of getting a reaction from the people who read it as opposed to engaging in a conversation or stating fact and well-formed opinion.

So there's that ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:But you better bring something more than that or you're not going to last.

:lmfao:
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

peeker643 wrote:I troll.

Lee trolls.

CDT does.

JB trolls.

Many people here do. Sometimes to get a reaction (like CDT's butt hurt response above), sometimes to get conversations started or rolling, sometimes to be a dick (guilty).

It's another club in the board bag ;-) ;) :wink:

But you better bring something more than that or you're not going to last.

I'd define it smply as saying something you may or may not totally believe but with the express purpose of getting a reaction from the people who read it as opposed to engaging in a conversation or stating fact and well-formed opinion.

So there's that ;-) ;) :wink:

And every board needs an idiot clown who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

So, we better find one fast.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Don't take me so personally Dan, you didn't March and you aren't saying ridiculous JB troll things about Paterno and PSU. also, when we see an email from Joe Pa covering and allowing Sandusky to fuck boys I will listen to the Tressel is a saint shit. BTW: bo college coach ever has done more for a university and community than Joe Pa for happy valley
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:But you better bring something more than that or you're not going to last.

:lmfao:

You occasionally bring more than just trolling JB. Plus you're a legacy. You're fine.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Well the flip side is no university community needed more done for them either.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:BTW: bo college coach ever has done more for a university and community than Joe Pa for happy valley

We may be able to better say that after the smoke clears and we can tell what's left in the smoldering remains.

Again, at what price? You see libraries and endowments and I see 30 years of him allowing a predatorial pervert to freely fuck whatever disadvantaged kid that enters the city limits.

Perhaps the buildings and money outweigh that in the grand scheme of things (and I'm not being sarcastic- maybe some believe they do). But I don't see it that way at all.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Don't take me so personally Dan, you didn't March and you aren't saying ridiculous JB troll things about Paterno and PSU. also, when we see an email from Joe Pa covering and allowing Sandusky to fuck boys I will listen to the Tressel is a saint shit. BTW: bo college coach ever has done more for a university and community than Joe Pa for happy valley

This is, of course, ridiculous on many levels.

But at least we now know that you are out as a fan boi.

Only the most naive person on the planet doesn't believe Paterno knew on some level of some specificity that Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile. Miminally, either he is a liar, or McCreary is. That should be documented by trial's end.

And Knute Rockne laughs in his grave, for one. So does Crysler.

Rip Engel had very good records until his last 2 seasons at PSU and it's not like Pennsylvania is a big football state culturally or anything, right? Only a Paterno could have made football important at Penn State.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:BTW: bo college coach ever has done more for a university and community than Joe Pa for happy valley

We may be able to better say that after the smoke clears and we can tell what's left in the smoldering remains.

Again, at what price? You see libraries and endowments and I see 30 years of him allowing a predatorial pervert to freely fuck whatever disadvantaged kid that enters the city limits.

Perhaps the buildings and money outweigh that in the grand scheme of things (and I'm not being sarcastic- maybe some believe they do). But I don't see it that way at all.

C'mon Peek. Penn State could have never had a library without paterno's gift.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Don't take me so personally Dan, you didn't March and you aren't saying ridiculous JB troll things about Paterno and PSU. also, when we see an email from Joe Pa covering and allowing Sandusky to fuck boys I will listen to the Tressel is a saint shit. BTW: bo college coach ever has done more for a university and community than Joe Pa for happy valley

Not to worry. I wasn't feeling the need to defend myself...just reacting to your broad statement about OSU fans...as if the fans who marched for Tressel were the same ones who criticized JoPa's marchers. Those two sets of "fans" might overlap slightly...but only slightly I'd guess. That's all. It's my same "broad brush" club that I'm constantly hitting Peeker over the head with, (and that he can now recite by heart because I have beaten that dead horse so mercilessly) (emoticon moment here)

I react badly to all statements that start out with "OSU fans are....." because it's just silly, not because I mistakenly think they're talking about me.

And we don't need to see an incriminating email to know two things:
a) Joe knew in 1998 what Sandusky was...and
b) he didn't do anything about it, and allowed him ongoing access to PSU facilities

If that's unfairly jumping to conclusions, then I plead guilty, and will own up later if I'm wrong.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:35 pm

200+ people marched to Tress' house..... out of 1.7 million people in the metro area.

(like CDT's butt hurt response above)

You need a new phrase.

You and Hiko wore that shit out in the Browns forum.

And yes. Trollolol. I do it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:And yes. Trollolol. I do it.

And we expect it of you...and you're only serious half the time...and you keep us guessing about which half is which. So it's good.

Plus, you know about spiders.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Yes I do. My arachnid knowledge might save your life one day.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes I do. My arachnid knowledge might save your life one day.

It is my fervent hope that it doesn't come to that, sir. But it's comforting to know it in the meantime.

danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 pm

danwismar wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes I do. My arachnid knowledge might save your life one day.

It is my fervent hope that it doesn't come to that, sir. But it's comforting to know it in the meantime.

This I know: The moment that spiders grow wings I'm packing up the family and heading toward central Ohio. In the event of the flying zombie spider apocalypse, fuck Rick Grimes, CDT is Woody Harrelson.

He'll know what to do.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Wetzel was on top of Day One:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jer ... dola-.html

Sounds like Victim #4 was strong, and caught the defense off guard.

danwismar

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:48 pm

jb

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 pm

McQueary replied: "If (you) want to argue about 9, 10, 11, 12 ... the fact is he had sex with a minor, a boy."

Damn, I mean how do you not pack up your brief case and go home after that.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Holy shit is this trial going poorly for Sandusky, looks like he may be enjoying some more shower time with men in the near future. Strangely, I suspect that he will not be on top in the wrestling match.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 pm

jb wrote:Tell me again how Paterno didn't know.

Anytime the topic came up, he turned into John Banner?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 pm

If his lawyers let Sandusky testify....... it might be one of the worst moves since William Jennings Bryan testifying that a man is not a mammal at the Scopes Trial.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Bet JB is at Happy Valley chasing around parents with kids and calling the enablers as I type this....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 pm

furls wrote:Holy shit is this trial going poorly for Sandusky, looks like he may be enjoying some more shower time with men in the near future. Strangely, I suspect that he will not be on top in the wrestling match.

He'll be dead within two weeks if he is put in Gen Pop. He'll be in isolation. Should be put on death row, IMHO. Sickening.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Bet JB is at Happy Valley chasing around parents with kids and calling the enablers as I type this....

You say something, fanboi?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm

DrPoove wrote:
furls wrote:Holy shit is this trial going poorly for Sandusky, looks like he may be enjoying some more shower time with men in the near future. Strangely, I suspect that he will not be on top in the wrestling match.

He'll be dead within two weeks if he is put in Gen Pop. He'll be in isolation. Should be put on death row, IMHO. Sickening.

He'll definitely be in PC. The prison could get sued if he was assaulted or killed.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.pennlive.com/jerry-sandusky/#incart_hbx

Best site for most up-to-date info I've seen.

Crazy, sick and sad how many people knew and how many were so worried about themselves they kept it quiet.

How monolithic was paterno and Penn State football? Bigger than Jesus.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

FUDU wrote:McQueary replied: "If (you) want to argue about 9, 10, 11, 12 ... the fact is he had sex with a minor, a boy."

Outside of being too much of a sissy to stop what he saw, this is where Mc-Queer-y failed

That is not what he said to Paterno

In any event, hatas gonna hate and like it or not, they're moving forward

Right now, I hate not only that red headed Queery, I especially hate that faggoty ass pussy Jay Paterno

If it was up to me, I'd string Sandusky up, bash his ribs with a baseball bat so he feels some pain, then strap him over a pummel horse and ass rape him with a Louisville Slugger till he bleeds to death....

Maybe a few razor cuts and a couple lbs of salt, a rat to gnaw on his balls and an ice pick in his ears for shits 'n giggles

I hate pedos...they are the worst society has to offer and I wish them nothing but a long lasting painfull death...
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
FUDU wrote:McQueary replied: "If (you) want to argue about 9, 10, 11, 12 ... the fact is he had sex with a minor, a boy."

Outside of being too much of a sissy to stop what he saw, this is where Mc-Queer-y failed

Right now, I hate not only that red headed Queery, I especially hate that faggoty ass pussy Jay Paterno

If it was up to me, I'd string Sandusky up, bash his ribs with a baseball bat so he feels some pain, then strap him over a pummel horse and ass rape him with a Louisville Slugger till he bleeds to death....

Maybe a few razor cuts and a couple lbs of salt, a rat to gnaw on his balls and an ice pick in his ears for shits 'n giggles

I hate pedos...they are the worst society has to offer and I wish them nothing but a long lasting painfull death...

Yeah that's the thing, McQueery is probably going to look like the hero to most, but reality is he messed up big, in real time. For his sake I hope he mans up about it and finds some closure, that type of thing can eat a man alive. He does not carry a clean slate in all this, and I agree on JoPa. It's looking more & more obvious he had a dirty little with him for quite some time.

Also it looks more and more like the only question left is, was it 50 people that knew about this or more like 300.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

Seek help. You have some serious death fetishes.

And is a Pedo worse than a murderer?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Yes, you can make the argument that a pedo is worse than a murderer. There are degrees of murder that are justifiable, if not acceptable in many's eyes. There are no degrees of justifiable and agreeable sexual abuse against a child. Not one.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:41 pm

What degree of murder is justifiable?

If you're charged with murder that means you took someone's life. They're gone, dead, kaput.

Pedos are scum, not denying that, they should go to the worst prisons.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What degree of murder is justifiable?

If you're charged with murder that means you took someone's life. They're gone, dead, kaput.

Um for one, self defense.

If somebody rapes someone's mom, I just assume let the son beat the rapist dead or let him tie the rapist up in his basement and torture him for the next 10 years, son's choice.

Some people deserve to be murdered, no child deserves to be abused in any way.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:50 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What degree of murder is justifiable?

Um for one, self defense.

If somebody rapes someone's mom, I just assume let the son beat the rapist dead or let him tie the rapist up in his basement and torture him for the next 10 years, son's choice.

Some people deserve to be murdered, no child deserves to be abused in any way.

Self defense isn't murder, dumbass.

And yes, let's let people carry out vigilante justice, that's a great idea.

Is what Sandusky did worse than what Jeffery Dahmer did?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

You know what I meant, taking of a life is taking of a life, sometimes it is justifiable.

IMO you can make an argument that both of those guys are more sick than the other.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:13 pm

FUDU wrote:You know what I meant, taking of a life is taking of a life, sometimes it is justifiable.

IMO you can make an argument that both of those guys are more sick than the other.

No. Taking a life in cold blood is not the same thing as taking a life to defend yourself. They're not even comparable, legally or morally.

The 2nd statement is maybe the dumbest shit i've ever heard you say. Dahmer KILLED AND ATE HUMAN BEINGS.

Murder is worse, simply because that person is gone forever. This is common sense shit.

And FTR before some cunt says i'm defending pedos, i'm not, i'm just saying it's not on par with murder. Which is common sense. I hope Sandusky gets put in general population, but he won't because a prison is required to protect inmates the best they can. Which means PC.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena