Text Size

College Sports Arena

2013 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

I heard that all of the recruits were at BW3 and the pedo in question was the trivia guy that evening. He posed for a photo with the recruits.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:19 pm

He was not the trivia guy, the guy was at the spring game, at BW3's, or Eddie George's or wherever the fuck the pic was, he had lunch with players the next day, the guy was all over the team for 48 straight hours.

And he was arrested yesterday for it, so that is that.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

I honestly am not sure if e0y2e3's thoughts are even legal here on these boards. I know one city where he'd be stoned and buried in a shallow grave for bringing it up.

I only mention this because it's schticky and ridiculous to even intimate that objectivity is even questionable as it concerns.... never mind.... I've already said too much and heresy charges and righteous indignation awaits already.

I'm fine with whatever 11 Warriors thinks.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And someone needs to euthanize the average OSU fan.

Ron Paul and Alex Jones would be proud of this invented conspiracy theory.

Shut up, fag.

I'll euthanize your face with a claw hammer.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm

per Alex at 11w, Alex Analzone reports OSU is back in his final six, as Urban is pulling out the "big guns" in recruiting him, including a personal email to his parents from Gee.

So yeah, I'm sure that Urban is bending over backwards to get a kid whose dad just used a pedo as a front for flipping his kid to another school. Urban strikes me as the type to spend his energy recruiting someone who just invented a story in the press to make OSU look bad... certainly the Urban way. Urban is the type to make the president of his University write a letter about a bad situation causing a decommittment when, IT IS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE, that the Analzone's were only using that situation as a FRONT TO GET TO FLORIDA!!!!!

Man, if only Urban Meyer had the insight OSU Nation has, then he wouldn't be wasting his time with this kid.

You guys should all write Urban letters telling him how bad this situation stinks of conspiracy!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Yes. The average fan thinks it's a conspiracy. Average fan doesn't give a shit about one recruit bailing. Average fan doesn't follow recruiting.

Mighty broad brush you're using there, Rembrandt.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Dear Urban,

I am sorry to inform you of this, but you are in fact stupid. Alex's Dad, Dr. Analzone, wasn't really upset about the pedo situation. In all reality, he just wants his kid to go to his alma matter, Florida and instead of being straight forward about the situation he used the pedo as cover (because he is a coward and a mean jerk) to get his kid out of OSU. In fact, if you look at the whole situation from the highly informed angle us fans are looking at it from you can clearly see that Dr. Analzone not only used the situation to get his kid out of OSU, but also to drag OSU's great name through the mud in the press. I don't understand why you would waste your time dealing with a scumbag family like this. They are a bunch of liars and cowards that couldn't man up and just decommit from OSU.

I'm sorry to be the one to inform you that you are wasting your time and efforts on this disgusting family.

Sincerely,

e0y2e3
(an extremely informed and all knowing OSU fan)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes. The average fan thinks it's a conspiracy. Average fan doesn't give a shit about one recruit bailing. Average fan doesn't follow recruiting.

Mighty broad brush you're using there, Rembrandt.

Fact: since Urban took over the average OSU fan has spent more time following recruiting than most any other school in the country and the membership counts at all of the premium websites back this up.

Fact: the average OSU fan is a misinformed and defensive dick.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm

lol. "membership counts"... "misinformed".

Holy fuck.

Average fan is not a defensive dick. I am. Big difference.

Hoss, I think you read too many forums, and base your opinions on what nutbars like me say.

It ain't a conspiracy, and I haven't heard many folks around town say that it is.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

When my father, who knows as much about recruiting as you, calls me about this dick dad making a story up about OSU (because he heard about it on one of your shit radio stations) word is spreading at a ridiculous speed.

Hoss.

And yes, the average OSU fan is a defensive dick, the Herbie situation, the Tressel situation, the constant ESPN crying, the whining about "SEC Speed," all of it. There is a neverending whine coming out of Columbus at all times about how mean to them everyone is.

This Analzone situation is just another notch in the incredibly annoying fan-base's belt.

Again, clearly Dr. Analzone is playing OSU and everyone but Urban realizes it!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Also worth noting is the incredibly mature reaction by OSU fans on twitter to this mess, where they went in mass and attacked the kid and his family (including an OSU faculty member taking part in it).

Really awesome stuff.

Fans that tweet at recruits (and there are tons) are possibly the single lowest form of assholes in the entire Twitter universe.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 08, 2012 8:06 pm

We only have one real local sports station, which is blah at best. Unless he listens to 610, which features Hannity, Limbuagh, and Beck....

We do have swine dickhead fans, just like any other enormous fanbase. But it's not a higher ratio than the other team. You just loooove the whine about them whining, Chief. (and then I whine about you whining about them whining)

God, I love this city.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 am

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 am

Those wily freaking Michigan fans.

Just praying the kid does re-commit to OSU.

Just so I can see the literary and evaluative whiplash.

Coming- "Kid's gotta a real chance...Like him a lot....some services have him as 4 star!!!..."

Decommit- "Immature...don't want him...effing father's crazy..Wasn't real high on him anyway...a lot of services had him as a 3-star...wonder if his old man is on Physician Referral???"

Re-Commit "These are just kids guys...got cold feet...showed some maturity and sense making sure he did what was right for him...think he's got a real chance..."

:lmfao:

Wait.... I can't talk about this... I'm sorry...

I'm sure it was a simple, isolated, overzealous Buckeye fan. Just one. Or that one, smart UM fan just to make Buckeye fans look bad.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 am

You're mixing recruits Peeker, Neal was the one that was a three star on some and that is why his loss didn't matter.

Analzone was universally a four star and his loss didn't matter because his dad ran a conspiracy on Urban to get the kid to UF and was a big mean jerk liarface.

Amazingly, Urban is still recruiting both, despite the all-knowing fans believing both of these kids are a waste of time.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:You're mixing recruits Peeker, Neal was the one that was a three star on some and that is why his loss didn't matter.

Analzone was universally a four star and his loss didn't matter because his dad ran a conspiracy on Urban to get the kid to UF and was a big mean jerk liarface.

I wasn't being specific at all to recruits or to specific people or specific Buckeye fans. I was using all of them and none of them. ;-) ;) :wink:

That was just a basic appraisal and the justification process according to me.

It was schtick, plain and simple. On the entire recruiting process.

But I love watching the show. So good, you guys.

And I don't want to get involved in this....

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:16 am

By the way, and I can't emphasize this enough.... that's not a knock (from me) on Buckeye fans. Fans everywhere are that way.

But what drives me absolutlely nuts is when a fan base believes they are any better, any more objective or any different at all from any other crazed fan base.

No such thing regardless of how much we'd love to believe it.

Except Tribe fans. We are a special breed of idiot and I believe God will look more favorably upon us when the time comes given the deep and complete suffering we've already experienced. Especially those of us who got to experience the extended and special kind of suck reserved for fans in the 70's and 80's.

War is hell. In the 70's and 80's Tribe fandom was worse.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

We're no more objective be we are better. That's a fact and I will not hear otherwise. ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Urban Meyer is still recruiting Neal? I hadn't heard anything about it... Last I heard about Neal was that he tried to commit to tOSU and the Buckeyes would not take the commit and that it had something to do with Meyer's in home visit. I don't think anyone ever questioned Neal's on the field ability, I think most would still love to see him in S&G.

To me... I gotta say that if Meyer was willing to walk away from a kid that talented that was actually going to come to columbus, then he must have been some kind of a fucking asshole on that in home visit. The kind of assholery that will never end up in public, but you have to believe was so severe that it makes walking away worth it. I have to believe that some day the true events of Neal's recruitment will come to light.

Now, there are rumors that Robert Foster is back in play for Meyer and co.... he is another one that I was shocked that Meyer was willing to walk away from. He must have also displayed a high level of fucktardedness in order for Meyer to be forced to pull his offer. Not often that coaches walk away from the #1 WR in the nation (unless he has his hand out or is a complete fucking shithead). I would love to know what really happened there too. In any case, it is rumored that Foster has given a sufficient mea culpa and has his offer back from OSU.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Wrong Neal Furls.

The LB/DE Neal that just decommitted is speaking with Meyer weekly, not the stoner from Arizona they passed on last year.

And reportedly Meyer never thought in a million years Foster would do what he had to do to get back in his good graces. He isn't there yet, but the kid is actually doing it. Someone bitch slapped him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh, that Neal.

I still don't know what the staff saw in that Neal. I have seen his highlights and I yawned the entire time. I just don't see it. To big and slow to play LB. I didn't even think his speed was good enough for DE. He is 1/10th the prospect that Pittman, Washington, Spence and Bosa are at DE (unless he has gotten way bigger/stronger/faster since his Jr. year).

Granted Bosa and Pittman are likely to end up as SSDE's and I guess Neal projects to WDE, but I just don't see it. The staff is better at this than I am (obviously), but I just don't see anything to get that excited about.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Well, Neal just tore up the Nike camps, is reportedly a freak athlete and is now debating between OSU and LSU with more SEC offers expected.

And the staff was looking at him as a hybrid LEO pass rusher.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 8:07 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Also worth noting is the incredibly mature reaction by OSU fans on twitter to this mess, where they went in mass and attacked the kid and his family (including an OSU faculty member taking part in it).

Really awesome stuff.

Fans that tweet at recruits (and there are tons) are possibly the single lowest form of assholes in the entire Twitter universe.

tOSU fan is overreactive and defensive????

Can we ban this guy ???!!!!!!!!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Those who were part of the Sandusky situation are gone, period.

In no way do you know that.

Like saying all the Nazi's were gone before the Neurenburg trials.

We'll learn more when it all goes on record.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Fri May 11, 2012 4:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Well, Neal just tore up the Nike camps, is reportedly a freak athlete and is now debating between OSU and LSU with more SEC offers expected.

And the staff was looking at him as a hybrid LEO pass rusher.

I am sure he did great at the camp, his film does NOT show a freak athlete. This is not just my assessment, but the assessment of some coaches/scouts that I really respect. I watched his film shortly before he committed, and I asked myself, "What am I missing?" like 4 times. Then I read some reviews by a couple of very blunt guys shortly before he committed and they echoed my sentiment.

I don't hate the kid or the offer, I just felt the same way about this offer that I did about the Luke Roberts offer... it just seemed to early to offer a kid that looks that unremarkable. That said, Roberts had a great spring and looks like he may be a pretty good player at tOSU, so you never know.

Losing Neal didn't hurt my feelings one bit. Now had it been Burrows, Marshall, Bosa or Woodard I would have been upset. If Neal comes back, great, hopefully he doesn't take a spot that we need for an offensive playmaker, OL, or DB.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012 ... ol-recruit

Someone posted this article about player development on the Scout Boards (it is free) and it's pretty awesome.

Obviously it doesn't break out Tress' decline at player development over his last three years, but it's still a pretty damn good read.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/5/15/3018727/player-development-2012-grading-the-journey-from-high-school-recruit

Someone posted this article about player development on the Scout Boards (it is free) and it's pretty awesome.

Obviously it doesn't break out Tress' decline at player development over his last three years, but it's still a pretty damn good read.

very interesting. good find. thanks
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby furls » Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

I don't spend a lot of time watching highlights on random recruits unless their film is so ridiculous that it must be seen or it looks like there is a reasonable shot that they end up at tOSU.

Anyways, I Mike Mitchell is a pretty recent name in OSU recruiting and I just saw a link posted to his film on BN$. I was completely blown away. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCjFOzk ... ata_player

Kid has tOSU in his top three and is promising a visit in the summer. Very good relationship with Tom Herman. I hope we get this kid. You guys should know by now how big my "Man Crush" is on Jamal Marcus.... Mitchell's film is actually better.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Oregon has been the leader forever and still is, but he was supposed to announce on May 25th and Urban talked him into delaying it so he could get up to OSU, so there is a shot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Fri May 18, 2012 4:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oregon has been the leader forever and still is, but he was supposed to announce on May 25th and Urban talked him into delaying it so he could get up to OSU, so there is a shot.

I look at his preparing to commit to Oregon as a good thing. It means he really doesn't need to stay close to home. Once he compares tOSU and Oregon, I gotta think tOSU with Meyer has a real shot and once the kid considers the defenses and staffs tOSU is at least a strong contender.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:09 am

Trubisky to UNC. I wouldn't be shocked to see them only take one QB now with the sudden push of offers to 2014 QBs.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/5/15/3018727/player-development-2012-grading-the-journey-from-high-school-recruit

Thanks for that one E0, great read.

Definitely a ton of good data in there.

Overall I would say there was not much that shocks me in there, but great to see the data in print. The recruiting statistics confirm the large difference between a 2 and 3 star vs a 4 and five star player on average. The development statistics comfirm and dismiss some common themes, such as Iowa and Wisconsin being at the top of the heap in identifying and developing Oline talent, and OSU with defensive backs and WR's and RB's.

For those that think player development matters MORE than recruiting, what you can see in this article is that over this time frame, recruiting rankings far more closely resemble the top teams than the player development rankings given here. This doesn't mean point-set-match, but it is a decent data point. While you see Iowa, Cal and Wake Forest have seemingly developed talent at rates 50% to almost 2x better then programs like LSU, Florida and Alabama, this did not make enough difference to match those teams on the field over the same time.

Only a handful of programs actually contend annually for National Titles, and these are usually all led by top-notch coaching and development staffs with huge budgets and great facilities to help develop that talent. This is why I think its recruiting that ultimately drives the bus for those in the hunt for NC's, and in particular, landing the special rare talents that there are only a few of each year out of thousands future D-1 players.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Urban's top O-tackle target to LSU.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Revised Rivals Top 100 out today. News for OSU fans is that Buckeyes have 3 of the Top 20, and no other school has as many.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... /rank-3053

Cam Burrows is #13...Eli Woodard made a huge jump up to #19, and Joey Bosa is #20. (Jalin Marshall is #48)

Bucks still with a chance to land a few more Top 50 talents...like possibly #4 Jaylon Smith, #12 Derrick Green, and #34 Robert Foster.

Tim May (Dispatch) tweeted today that a Ft Wayne writer friend of his thinks Smith is now favoring OSU over ND...which would be a huge get for Meyer.

Aside: Best name for a D-lineman since Whitney Mercilus.....#15 Auburn commit Dee Liner...not making that up.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Wed May 30, 2012 2:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Urban's top O-tackle target to LSU.....

Some of us take a lot of heat for being shameless homers, I am and I own it. Sometimes folks think that we tend to say that we play the sour grapes stuff when a guy goes elsewhere, or say shit like, "well I didn't really want that guy anyways."

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that losing Pocic was HUGE. He was a great prospect at a position of great need. Further complicating matters, most of the elite OTs (that tOSU had any shot at) are gone. This, not Anzalone or Lewis Neil, is the first huge loss for tOSU's 2013 class. I just don't see a comparable replacement anywhere in the 2013 class (unless tOSU can suddenly become relevant in the chase for Dorian Johnson).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed May 30, 2012 2:06 pm

danwismar wrote:Revised Rivals Top 100 out today. News for OSU fans is that Buckeyes have 3 of the Top 20, and no other school has as many.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... /rank-3053

Cam Burrows is #13...Eli Woodard made a huge jump up to #19, and Joey Bosa is #20. (Jalin Marshall is #48)

Bucks still with a chance to land a few more Top 50 talents...like possibly #4 Jaylon Smith, #12 Derrick Green, and #34 Robert Foster.

Tim May (Dispatch) tweeted today that a Ft Wayne writer friend of his thinks Smith is now favoring OSU over ND...which would be a huge get for Meyer.

Aside: Best name for a D-lineman since Whitney Mercilus.....#15 Auburn commit Dee Liner...not making that up.

I am hoping for Jaylon Smith, but I am not optimistic. Tim May is not really the greatest source for recruiting, so I'll stick with every expert out there that all seem to believe Smith is a heavy ND lean. I really don't care too much about Smith because of the amount of LBs tOSU just got in 2012. Smith is a special enough recruit that you take him even if you have 100 LBs on the roster, but in the end, he is nowhere near as critical as Pocic.

Speaking of Smith, I just read that he was DOMINANT in coverage in a recent 7 on 7 tournament.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Dorian Johnson committed to WVU about an hours after Poicic.

So yeah, good thing Urban still has eight months, because they NEED another tackle in this class.

Also re: the LBs, it would suck to lose Smith but Urban is already crushing the 2014 class and has legit interest from some extremely high caliber recruits, most notably a ton of ridiculous LB prospects.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Wed May 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Ohio may have the top LB in 2014 in Dante Booker, it is between him and Raekwon MacMillan, both are way to early tOSU leans! add in another awesome 2014 LB in Michael Ferns and you can see that Jaylon Smith would not be a huge loss.

I don't see Johnson listed as committed anywhere. There were rumors that he committed to WVU but I never saw any reputable validation of them.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Also, don't forget Clifton Garrett out of Chicago.... ridiculous athlete and a big OSU fan (watching him speak about them in interviews is hilarious, kid is a total fan).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:11 pm

That's pretty funny.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:11 pm

That's pretty funny.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Signed a punter.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Signed a punter.

NOW I'm excited!!!!

Me and Tressel both.

May God rest his soul.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 pm

He's going to play baseball too! Will lead OSU in putting that shitty school at Kent out of mind once and for all!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:He's going to play baseball too! Will lead OSU in putting that shitty school at Kent out of mind once and for all!!

Damn my kid ought to look into OSU baseball. He is bigger, more power, better avg. etc. Different positions of course. Plus let's face it there is so little money in D1-Baseball that you have to carry at least 8 kids who get scholarship money. This guy is a freebie to baseball so any production baseball gets is gravy. I just hope we get a kid with a booming leg.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=8&c=1&nid=5331254

Darron Lee is a Buckeye. Plays QB in HS, crazy athlete that could play Star, OLB or safety. Kid came to two camps in three weeks to earn the offer, which is pretty awesome. Not often you see a kid come, workout at safety then come back a week+ later and work out at OLB just to get an OSU offer. Committed as soon as he got the offer too.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm

4-star defensive tackle Michael Hill (6'2", 315) from Pendleton, SC has committed to Ohio State. Hill is rated the #1 player in the state of SC, and ranked by Scout as the #14 DT in the nation. Rivals #5 DT. Held offers from Alabama, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Clemson.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p= ... id=6082892

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMzFsOgYkL4
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

More and more and more D-Lineman.

Michael Hill, top interior guy we have been in on committed today. 6-2 315, four star kid and the top rated recruit in South Carolina (we pulled two big time D-Lineman from the haert of the SEC this year, what???). Offered by the Bama's, Florida's, etc of the world and coming to OSU.

The numbers on the O-Line may not be ideal (could use one more tackle), but holy fuck are they ever crazy good on the D-Line. The 11-13 classes have all been ridiculously talented.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=6082892
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Any of those DL have a chance at transitioning to OL?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena