Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

100 Midget March

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

100 Midget March

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 am

Here you go, CDT. Thought of you the entire time I read this story.

Snubbed dwarfs are raging at the makers of Hollywood film "Snow White and the Huntsman" for casting average-sized people as the film's seven dwarfs.
The dwarf actors are threatening to protest against the film -- which stars Oscar-winner Charlize Theron -- with a "100-midget march," according to a report in TMZ.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ed-actors/
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 100 Midget March

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:16 pm

They're too wee tiny to be angry.

I wonder if they ever considered the makers of movie were looking for actors based on skill and not height?

And do you know some of these little fucks compare calling them a "midget" to calling a black person the "N word"?

I must have missed the part in the history books where midgets were enslaved, raped, and murdered for server hundred years.

Dwarf sounds worse IMO..... not that it counts.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Midgets had their chance when CHiPs was on the air.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Speaking of out of work midgets, what the hell is the guy from O'Shea's in Vegas gonna do now that it's closing? Not too many places that are interested in a resume that lists his only skills as balancing on a bar and throwing shots down the gullets of cheap gamblers.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:27 pm

leadpipe wrote:Speaking of out of work midgets, what the hell is the guy from O'Shea's in Vegas gonna do now that it's closing? Not too many places that are interested in a resume that lists his only skills as balancing on a bar and throwing shots down the gullets of cheap gamblers.

I'm going in 3 weeks, so I'll let you know if I see him.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:They're too wee tiny to be angry.

I wonder if they ever considered the makers of movie were looking for actors based on skill and not height?

And do you know some of these little fucks compare calling them a "midget" to calling a black person the "N word"?

I must have missed the part in the history books where midgets were enslaved, raped, and murdered for server hundred years.

I'm sure they were heartily embraced by their families and society throughout history.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

I'm sure they were heartily embraced by their families and society throughout history.

They weren't slaves.

I just want to know what event made the term midget on the same tier as the "N word".

They just want to whine about something, and "midget" is that something.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

They weren't slaves.

I just want to know what event made the term midget on the same tier as the "N word".

They just want to whine about something, and "midget" is that something.

I don't know. You should ask one (which, next to you, would be anybody).

I do know that I visited my college roommate in Detroit for Halloween, and we went to the Halloween party for the movie he was working on, which was some kind of remake of the Wizard of Oz. So all the little people that played Munchkins were there at the party, and he warned me specifically not to call them "midgets", that they would be very offended and possibly attack.

Which wouldn't bother me very much except I've seen what that rabbit did in that Monty Python movie, so I'd never be foolish enough to take that threat for granted.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

The OP is about midgets having a "100 midget march" so apparently the word can't be that offensive.

Midget, dwarf, little person, whatever.

I guess I need to get PC to help tall people who have been labeled by a callous and ignorant society.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The OP is about midgets having a "100 midget march" so apparently the word can't be that offensive.

I guess I need to get PC to help tall people who have been labeled by a callous and ignorant society.

Maybe it's one of those things where they can call themselves that, but you can't.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The OP is about midgets having a "100 midget march" so apparently the word can't be that offensive.

Maybe it's one of those things where they can call themselves that, but you can't.

I don't abide by that either. If some can say it, all can say it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:20 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Here you go, CDT. Thought of you the entire time I read this story.

Snubbed dwarfs are raging at the makers of Hollywood film "Snow White and the Huntsman" for casting average-sized people as the film's seven dwarfs.
The dwarf actors are threatening to protest against the film -- which stars Oscar-winner Charlize Theron -- with a "100-midget march," according to a report in TMZ.

I had a feeling they'd do this when I saw the film.

However, I'm pretty sure they weren't even thinking that way when they made it. If there are "little person" actors besides Warwick Davis and Peter Dinklage that can act as well as Ian McShane, Nick Frost and Bob Hoskins, then I've yet to see them. I'd wager to say they wanted the acting and those particular personalities more than anything.

They also had to do quite a bit of running & fighting. That doesn't seem to have been to easy for any "actual" dwarves" I've seen in films before.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 am

cozmeesah wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:Here you go, CDT. Thought of you the entire time I read this story.

I had a feeling they'd do this when I saw the film.

However, I'm pretty sure they weren't even thinking that way when they made it. If there are "little person" actors besides Warwick Davis and Peter Dinklage that can act as well as Ian McShane, Nick Frost and Bob Hoskins, then I've yet to see them. I'd wager to say they wanted the acting and those particular personalities more than anything.

They also had to do quite a bit of running & fighting. That doesn't seem to have been to easy for any "actual" dwarves" I've seen in films before.

None of these guys could hold a candle to the late, great Billy Barty.

I'd like to see one of those guys go from Sigmund the Sea Monster to Charlies Angels within a calendar year.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture