Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Playoffs

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA Playoffs

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:25 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't care who you are.... seeing Doc crying about the end of the C's run while taking the mic was some on the real shit.

^^^^

Typical Chowd fanboi reaction. Who cares?

Rondo and KG can pout like 3 year olds and no one will write or say shit. If Bron and Wade did that the mediots and unqualified blogodoohknow nothings would jizz.

You have to be so happy for the Heat and LBron. The way they put up with the morons and how they clutched up and kept the Heat on until the Golden Buckeye Club dropped their discks on the hardwood was beautiful.

The Heat in 5 and one of our own gets the crown!

James Harden is jive BTW, MH. Can't even start.

And some of you can kiss D Wade's black ass. Playa.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 am

FUDU wrote:
How can you not love the Celtics heart and guts though this post season.

1. Boston fan is always easy to despise.

2. They and many other believed their own bullshit.

3. KG is one of the most loathsome athletes this side of AJ Pyrzinski.

4. Rondo aka Juwanna Mann is a one dimentional overated spoiled brat who shots about as well as TT and makes me wish Rick mahorn hadnt retired.

5. Heart my ass. they quit last night. Even cleared the bench and left the court early like loser quitters.

It's Bron, Bosh and the Heat who showed heart. Recognize.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:It's all down to Durant and co to deny HIM a championship

Bron is gonna shut him down & school him. The perfect caption to the firts of 8 titles.
jb

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 am

We're losing him.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

4. Rondo aka Juwanna Mann is a one dimentional overated spoiled brat who shots about as well as TT and makes me wish Rick mahorn hadnt retired.

5. Heart my ass. they quit last night. Even cleared the bench and left the court early like loser quitters.

+1x5
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

jb wrote:Bron is gonna shut him down & school him. The perfect caption to the firts of 8 titles.

I hate you.

I hate me more though. This stupidity and hatred for that dude turned me into some half-assed Celtics fan when before Big Three in MIA there was no more despicable a lot of characters than the guys Doc coached.

Ugh... I too WANT him to win his ring this year to get it out of the way. Just do it. Get what's yours LBJ.

/hats off to the PoS for two terrific games to end the series. That monkey is off his back...until the next close game they lose. But he earned some respect in 6 & 7 just from the 'willingness' factor.

YMMV
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:56 am

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Other than 1 & 4 you are way way off. Those guys didn't quit, they simply got beat by younger superior athletes. Yeah Mark Price would have scored 55 against them but Rondo isn't Mark Price. For that C's team to control this series from game 3 till the end of the 3Q of game 7 is a testament to heart and guts, and a little bit of superior coaching from Doc along with a side of gutlessness from the Heat. Ultimately did the big 3 in Boston under achieve since their inception, yeah you could make that argument, but they got something we Cavs fan and King Douchebag don't have.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 am

Durant never won shit without Westbrook and Harden.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:Bron is gonna shut him down & school him. The perfect caption to the firts of 8 titles.

I hate you.

I hate me more though. This stupidity and hatred for that dude turned me into some half-assed Celtics fan when before Big Three in MIA there was no more despicable a lot of characters than the guys Doc coached.

Ugh... I too WANT him to win his ring this year to get it out of the way. Just do it. Get what's yours LBJ.

/hats off to the PoS for two terrific games to end the series. That monkey is off his back...until the next close game they lose. But he earned some respect in 6 & 7 just from the 'willingness' factor.

YMMV

That's the thing, fans & media get way too caught up in the short term here and now. We judge way too much by the last game, the most recent shot made or missed. Players simply don't change like that, for the good or bad. Fuckface has closed out games before, before this week, before last June etc. That's not been the crux of the issue for a long time, it does rear its ugly head from time to time. Re: closing out it's more about how he does it.

But again, he hasn't done anything yet.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

FWIW, all LBJ stuff aside, how can anyone root against OKC. They're immensely more likable, and as JB points out their fans are not Bostonian. The concern over LBJ getting a ring is over, that was all about last year.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 pm

FUDU wrote:FWIW, all LBJ stuff aside, how can anyone root against OKC. They're immensely more likable, and as JB points out their fans are not Bostonian. The concern over LBJ getting a ring is over, that was all about last year.

Clay Bennett and Audrey McClendon
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

SD:

Don't get it twisted in response to the front runnin jive ass boston is the center of the earth front runnin troll aka the eyesore.

Meshon James is not ours .

He's a Jive ass Benedict Arnold , who finally stepped up and played the game like a Man in the clutch as he should have been doing all along .

Butt lets not get beyond ourselves in that praise and realize the heat essentially beat a one legged man in an azz kickin contest , past even the over the hill contingent names of the past , nor front that you wouldn't take KG's slimey guerilla tactics or Rondos's nonshooting ass, magical ball handling tricks on a Cavs roster in a NY minute if it would net you a ring.

You want to cheer for Bron Bron and the heat , and forget the backstabbin lay down in the Boston series before the epic double bird Fuck you Cleveland on his way out the door , be my guest .

But don't say ours kimassabbe because we
aint us and neither is that quizzling traitor ours .

So I'll enjoy Durant who will stay in OKC for life to do what our former little bird wouldn't do to win this one and keep the vow alive .

""We will win a championship before your scumbag ass does ""

and While Gilberts vow , is Damn near as improbable as seeing the Browns win a superbowl in our lifetimes seeing the heat fail while that vow stays enforce is almost as enjoyable as watching an inbred rat game while wishing the ground would open up and swallow them both .

Its like Hatin on the sheelers , to the PC light weights it just doesn't make sense to carry on , the tradition of tradition.

But to those who know history , they understand China is not our friend, but they made a great ace in the hole when negotiating with the Russians.

OKC OKC OKC OKC OKC OKC OKC , go Cavs go

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm

FUDU wrote:FWIW, all LBJ stuff aside, how can anyone root against OKC. They're immensely more likable, and as JB points out their fans are not Bostonian. The concern over LBJ getting a ring is over, that was all about last year.

I still don't want the whore to win one.

But yes, you cannot help but love the Thunder and the way they play.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 pm

FUDU wrote:FWIW, all LBJ stuff aside, how can anyone root against OKC.

Art Modell is why I can't root for them.

Say what you will about The Dick-cision, but what Modell did was worse.

I can't ever root for a carpetbagger team.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:50 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Ur right. I'd need to post that on The Akron Fan.
jb

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Other than 1 & 4 you are way way off. Those guys didn't quit, they simply got beat by younger superior athletes. Yeah Mark Price would have scored 55 against them but Rondo isn't Mark Price. For that C's team to control this series from game 3 till the end of the 3Q of game 7 is a testament to heart and guts, and a little bit of superior coaching from Doc along with a side of gutlessness from the Heat. Ultimately did the big 3 in Boston under achieve since their inception, yeah you could make that argument, but they got something we Cavs fan and King Douchebag don't have.

How can you say #3 isnt spot on?

Guy is one of the biggest pieces of shit in league history. Dirty player - phony tough guy.

This series is a perfect example of his bullshit. All those little late elbows and pushes. All the directed smack talk.......eeexcept none of it directed at Haslem, who covered him a good amount of time - cause he know he'd get his ass handed to him by a legitimate M-A-N.

Hate Lebron for what he did and how he carries himself, but he's no where near the reprehensible sack of shit Garnett is.

And B is correct, look at what happened when Lebron walked off the court against Orlando? Guys, including a ton on this site went apeshit. Those guys are just "competitors." Imagine if Lebron woulda had Pierce's game 6. World would stopped spinning.

Fuck the Celtics in the ear. Fuck Garnett. Fuck Rondo. Fuck Pierce. I wish nothing more good to ever come to any one of em'

Again, JB is on the right track. Wills were shattered game six, slinked out game seven. No big deal, but it is what it is.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 pm

leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Guy is one of the biggest pieces of shit in league history. Dirty player - phony tough guy.

This series is a perfect example of his bullshit. All those little late elbows and pushes. All the directed smack talk.......eeexcept none of it directed at Haslem, who covered him a good amount of time - cause he know he'd get his ass handed to him by a legitimate M-A-N.

Hate Lebron for what he did and how he carries himself, but he's no where near the reprehensible sack of shit Garnett is.

And B is correct, look at what happened when Lebron walked off the court against Orlando? Guys, including a ton on this site went apeshit. Those guys are just "competitors." Imagine if Lebron woulda had Pierce's game 6. World would stopped spinning.

Fuck the Celtics in the ear. Fuck Garnett. Fuck Rondo. Fuck Pierce. I wish nothing more good to ever come to any one of em'

Again, JB is on the right track. Wills were shattered game six, slinked out game seven. No big deal, but it is what it is.

SD:

Your more than welcome to hum along with JB on Bron Brons sac , or switch back and forth hittin it if theme BB's aint enough for more than one at a time , if you can't get enough .

Boston is or was the enemy of my enemy before they melted in a pile of goo like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz but erstwhile a friend in this series , so long as your a proponent of the hatin on the heat and thus a friend , doesn't mean them snakes suddenly got that less loathsome , nor does that cheer or alligience go one minute past the Big threes friendship enroute to beat the Nazi's was over as the cold war began , and they could resume eyeying each other up for weaknesses.

But if you want to imitate your front running sheeler fan boi best and jump in the front runnin suana surrounding the heat , go for it ,

Free country and all , but speak for yourself.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:12 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Ur right. I'd need to post that on The Akron Fan.

SD:

wait till they get a team .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:52 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

SD:

Your more than welcome to hum along with JB on Bron Brons sac , or switch back and forth hittin it if theme BB's aint enough for more than one at a time , if you can't get enough .

Boston is or was the enemy of my enemy before they melted in a pile of goo like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz but erstwhile a friend in this series , so long as your a proponent of the hatin on the heat and thus a friend , doesn't mean them snakes suddenly got that less loathsome , nor does that cheer or alligience go one minute past the Big threes friendship enroute to beat the Nazi's was over as the cold war began , and they could resume eyeying each other up for weaknesses.

But if you want to imitate your front running sheeler fan boi best and jump in the front runnin suana surrounding the heat , go for it ,

Free country and all , but speak for yourself.

SoulDawg

Who said I was speakin' for anyone else? Always am speaking for myself.

One thing I can't do is hold your hand and reading comprehend for you.

As the thread states earlier - these are my two least favorite teams in the league.

To be clear - never inferred I was happy the Heat won, just that I could give a shit who lost.

And I could care less about anyone outside of the Browns, Tribe and Cavs. If that's front runnin' your dumber than I think.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:43 pm

I am over the decision nonsense. My desire for LBJ to lose is more comparable to wanting to see Jordan lose. I am not a journalist judging the game on the merits of who does what. I am a fan first. I choose sides come NBA/MLB finals/ws.

I hated Laimbeer except for when he fouled MJ hard. Same with Starks/Wilkins.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:04 pm

leadpipe wrote:How can you say #3 isnt spot on?

Eh, hating Garnett is as subjective as hating LeBron (outside of CTown). Garnett may have had his dirty antics but we'd all take him on our team, no different than Ray Lewis or Porter from Shitsburg. Garnett was a legit talent in his prime, and even his twilight he could bring some good hoops.

The difference between the C's in game 7 and LeBron in Orlando...this is quite possibly the end of their careers.

Respecting their efforts this post season is more about recognizing what they were able to do while being seriously outmatched, more than having to respect them as the individuals they've proven to be throughout this big 3 era. On paper they had little business being in that series, yet they controlled their own destiny until the final 10 minutes.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:34 pm

FUDU wrote:
leadpipe wrote:How can you say #3 isnt spot on?

Eh, hating Garnett is as subjective as hating LeBron (outside of CTown). Garnett may have had his dirty antics but we'd all take him on our team, no different than Ray Lewis or Porter from Shitsburg. Garnett was a legit talent in his prime, and even his twilight he could bring some good hoops.

The difference between the C's in game 7 and LeBron in Orlando...this is quite possibly the end of their careers.

Respecting their efforts this post season is more about recognizing what they were able to do while being seriously outmatched, more than having to respect them as the individuals they've proven to be throughout this big 3 era. On paper they had little business being in that series, yet they controlled their own destiny until the final 10 minutes.

This has been by point all along with Lebron.

YOU are the one it KILLS to give Lebron credit on the court cause you hate him.

Never once did I say...or even infer, that KG wasn't great. All around, the guys in the argument as the GOAT at his position. In the Hall the minute the doors open. OJ being a murderer doesn't make him suck as a running back.

KG is a great player. He's a humongous piece of shit. Which, by the way, many of the greats fit just this bill.

I couldn't care less if Garnett snapped a leg running down court. Just like Laimbeer, the fucker deserves it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 pm

I've given LeBron plenty of credit on the court since he left, it's all in last years playoff thread(s), as I've always maintained he's the most dangerous player in the game today. I'm just not as wiling to give him ALL the credit seeing as he is playing with arguably one of the greatest sidekicks of all time. Wade could be 0 for a series but as long as he's on the court w/Lebron LBJwill have an easier time doing what he does. That's pretty basic stuff.

I'm just not as impressed with LeBron's performances while with the Heat as compared to his performances as a Cavalier.

FUDU

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

FUDU wrote:I've given LeBron plenty of credit on the court since he left, it's all in last years playoff thread(s), as I've always maintained he's the most dangerous player in the game today. I'm just not as wiling to give him ALL the credit seeing as he is playing with arguably one of the greatest sidekicks of all time. Wade could be 0 for a series but as long as he's on the court w/Lebron LBJwill have an easier time doing what he does. That's pretty basic stuff.

I'm just not as impressed with LeBron's performances while with the Heat as compared to his performances as a Cavalier.

SD:

The Detroit win was infinitely more impressive, never mind the stats beating Wilt Chamberlain and all that .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 am

I think CDT and Peeker hit the nail on the head late last week, LBJ is one of the greatest player's to ever play the game but also one of the biggest fake, poser dickheads around. It's fun to root for him to fail, he makes it easy to hate him.

He's the fucking local going to the Indians game against the Yankees with a Yankees cap on - - that's all I need to know about that guy.

What's up with all of this, "get over it already crap"? Rooting against the Heat in the Finals is the next best thing to rooting for our Cavs to win it. It's fun, I like it.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:14 am

I cheer for "the other team" vs. the Heat, Steelers, Yankees, & whomever is ahead of the Tribe. Being the cold , steel business type I'd take 3 players off the Heat, 8 off the Steelers, 4 off the Yankees and not blink.

I met Bub Brister at a bar once, I had Browns shirt on. He bought me a drink and basically said, Sunday is a show. The players leave it on the field for the most part. They think we are the "nuts" paying to watch them in all types of weather. They don't look at it as protecting a city's honor. The players are worried about their health & contracts. I of course wished him a long career as a Steeler......you see how that worked out.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 am

He's a douchebag and I root against douchebags.

Wade's a douchebag too. So is Riley. And Miami is just chock-full of douchebags.

LBJ was a douchebag before the Decision and he'll be a douchebag till they lower his corpse into the earth. The Decision didn't make him a douchebag - it just evidenced it.

I think only people under 14 or fellow douchebags thought LBJ was a good guy, but Cleveland fans would sell their soul and throw in some ginsu knives at any chance of winning a championship, so they loved the potential championships that he represented. I think most of them knew he was still a douchebag. But as long as he was our douchebag, they were willing to defend him.

I don't know OKC from a hill of beans. I've never watched them play before, and I'm not about to start now. So for all I know, that team is just as chock-full of douchebags as Miami (likely - they are professional athletes after all).

But one douchebag in the NBA gets way more pub than any other douchebag, so I don't see how it's possible to root for anything else other than King Douchebag to rupture a patella and spend the series watching his team lose from the 12th chair.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:48 am

Hikohadon wrote:I think only people under 14 or fellow douchebags thought LBJ was a good guy, but Cleveland fans would sell their soul and throw in some ginsu knives at any chance of winning a championship, so they loved the potential championships that he represented. I think most of them knew he was still a douchebag. But as long as he was our douchebag, they were willing to defend him.

I might be wrong, Hiko, but I don't think I'm a douchebag. I'm certainly not under 14. However, I was taken in by his schtick, until the day of The Decision. I thought he was a wonderful person both on and off the court.

I take no offense at your statement, because I've been known for occasionally exhibiting a bit of naivete.

But you're right: We sometimes tend to overlook what we might perceive to be douchebaginess if a player in question has "Cleveland" written across his chest.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:01 am

jerryroche wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I think only people under 14 or fellow douchebags thought LBJ was a good guy, but Cleveland fans would sell their soul and throw in some ginsu knives at any chance of winning a championship, so they loved the potential championships that he represented. I think most of them knew he was still a douchebag. But as long as he was our douchebag, they were willing to defend him.

I might be wrong, Hiko, but I don't think I'm a douchebag. I'm certainly not under 14. However, I was taken in by his schtick, until the day of The Decision. I thought he was a wonderful person both on and off the court.

I take no offense at your statement, because I've been known for occasionally exhibiting a bit of naivete.

But you're right: We sometimes tend to overlook what we might perceive to be douchebaginess if a player in question has "Cleveland" written across his chest.

Maybe it's just me. I thought the guy was a super-douche from the moment he got drafted, what with his posse and his sense of entitlement and his pompousness. It might just be that these are traits that all great players share - that in order to be truly great you also have to be a douchebag. All I know is that I didn't like him, but as a necessary evil to win a ring, I was willing to embrace him along with the rest of NEO.

But I do think there were plenty of douchebag warning signs along the way. Just the fact that he's a frontrunner (Yankees cap, Cowboys sidelines) is a warning sign in itself.

We were just willing to overlook/ignore them in our desperation for a ring.

Hell, if he offered to come back tomorrow I'd do it again. It's hardly like he's the only douchebag in pro sports. He just needs to win for the team I root for - I don't have to like the guy.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Hikohadon wrote:He's a douchebag and I root against douchebags.

Wade's a douchebag too. So is Riley. And Miami is just chock-full of douchebags.

No. You have the definition of dooshbag wrong.

A dooshbag is a wanna be who acts like he got game.

A dick is a dick who got game.

Bron is a dick. Wade is a dick. Bosh is a dooshbag.

Hope this helps.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:He's a douchebag and I root against douchebags.

No. You have the definition of dooshbag wrong.

A dooshbag is a wanna be who acts like he got game.

A dick is a dick who got game.

Bron is a dick. Wade is a dick. Bosh is a dooshbag.

Hope this helps.

Yes, very helpful.

AFAIC, no word fits LBJ like douchebag. It's like the word was invented just for him (and Michael Bay). So I'll stick with that.
Hikohadon

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA