Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Playoffs

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA Playoffs

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:07 am

OD, you do realize the the C's aint made a shot since 2008?

This playoff run of sometimes shooting well is an abortion of abortions.

Like, I just slept with some dumb ass Ohio State grad that went here to got to the eye school. Girl thought I was the greatest thing ever (and I am now). I got in and out.... the C's are in and have NO out.

Unless KG becomes 15 again this shit is over.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:57 am

Bron to mediots & unqualified blogosphere poseurs: Step off.

Wait till they spew the Durant smak. He may ave 60 in The Finals.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 am

You have to really give credit to the way Spo piloted his team through the storm. It it were Kobe as Bron the mediots & un credentialed blah blah sphere would be knob gobbling about how Phil perfectly managed the human element & fixed the O.

Heat will win by double digits easily Saturday. Take out a2nd mortgage & bet it.
jb

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 am

ESPN crew highlight of the night. Spend 5 minutes talking about how great the Heat played because of ball movement and players not standing around. Then show highlight of LBJ and seeing LeIso 10 straight times with 4 guys standing around watching. Worst. Ever.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 am

He's still a cunt.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:He's still a cunt.

Like Eye, I'm not just a Cleveland fan. I'm an NBA fan. If you can't see what LBJ did inthe same vein as anyone on the NBA's Mt Rushmore, I can't help. This would be like as if Wilt had won 72 vs Boston & not NY. It will be a great moment for one of the all-time greats who has been unfairly maligned, one of our own, when he wins the O'Brien. It'll be like MJ in 91.

He finally dialed in the way he needs to like when he was here before the LeQuit but now with a supporting cast that isn't the DC Generals.
jb

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:57 am

jb wrote:

Like Eye, I'm not just a Cleveland fan. I'm an NBA fan. If you can't see what LBJ did inthe same vein as anyone on the NBA's Mt Rushmore, I can't help. This would be like as if Wilt had won 72 vs Boston & not NY. It will be a great moment for one of the all-time greats who has been unfairly maligned, one of our own, when he wins the O'Brien. It'll be like MJ in 91.

He finally dialed in the way he needs to like when he was here before the LeQuit but now with a supporting cast that isn't the DC Generals.

Come on man, he played an insane game but if anything, it shows how dumb it is when he decides to check out and play hot potato in the 4th quarter. He can score anytime he wants. He's talented enough that he could win multiple titles without ever having to do much in the clutch, but excuse me for not being excited about it. He still willingly disgraced this area and never apologized for it.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 am

Kingpin74 wrote:Come on man, he played an insane game but if anything, it shows how dumb it is when he decides to check out and play hot potato in the 4th quarter. He can score anytime he wants. He's talented enough that he could win multiple titles without ever having to do much in the clutch, but excuse me for not being excited about it. He still willingly disgraced this area and never apologized for it.

'Hook, line, and sucker.'
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 am

uhm, he has apologized, accepted by the town or not.

And I still maintain, dude fucked up and doesn't know how to play with Wade (and he keeps heat checking back into Ohio LBJ without fully becoming it) but for a CAVS FAN to talk him playing hot potato is a hilarious joke. Dude gave you more than you will ever get from that shit ass team in Cleveland and it wasn't "HOT POTATO"

And JB is playin the bait game you fools.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 am

jb wrote:You have to really give credit to the way Spo piloted his team through the storm. It it were Kobe as Bron the mediots & un credentialed blah blah sphere would be knob gobbling about how Phil perfectly managed the human element & fixed the O.

Heat will win by double digits easily Saturday. Take out a2nd mortgage & bet it.

I hope this works.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

jb wrote:

He's an elite player and had an incredible game. Never said otherwise. I'm a Cavs fan only and I don't really care much about the rest of the league.

People can "get over it already" blah fuckin' blah all they want. But he's still the cunt that quit to me.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 am

Kind of reminded me of that Game 3 against Boston just a couple years ago.

He better keep Gloria away from Eddy Curry tonight.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 am

Meh.

Yeah lots of stat sheet stuff, and a must have win, but big deal, it doesn't exonerate his biggest flaws and he has done this before. Albeit last time it was followed up by intentionally tanking.

The bottom line with LeBron hasn't changed, until he gets it done he simply can't get it done. Even then if he gets a ring (this year or next) it WILL have an asterisk b/c he is playing along side a top 3 or 4 talent in the association.

The difference between LeBron and the other ATGs is with LeBron it is always "who is he going to be surrounded by to help him get it done". While the former ATGs all made their supporting casts who they were. LBJs legacy is already etched.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 am

FUDU wrote:Meh.

Yeah lots of stat sheet stuff, and a must have win, but big deal, it doesn't exonerate his biggest flaws and he has done this before. Albeit last time it was followed up by intentionally tanking.

The bottom line with LeBron hasn't changed, until he gets it done he simply can't get it done. Even then if he gets a ring (this year or next) it WILL have an asterisk b/c he is playing along side a top 3 or 4 talent in the association.

The difference between LeBron and the other ATGs is with LeBron it is always "who is he going to be surrounded by to help him get it done". While the former ATGs all made their supporting casts who they were. LBJs legacy is already etched.

Good god almighty.

Bird made Parish and McHale?
Magic made Kareem?
Shaq made Kobe? Or did Kobe make Shaq?

The guy is a piece of shit, but that is seriously the most fraudulent piece of support for an argument ever.

Jordan is about the only guy that argument holds any water for, and even Pippen is better than anything James has played with. Wade is barely in the discussion at this point as a superstar and probably behind Pippen as the worst Robin.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:24 am

jb wrote:

He was phenomenal. He always is. Great player and always nails. And now with his cast of tremendous players like Chalmers, Wade, Bosh, Haslem and Battier around him, with a difference-making coach leading them through these fires, he can't lose.

They're great. Always are when they win.

I said it before and I'll say it again. C's did and do have better chance of winning game 7 than they had of winning game 6.

When you get done doing pull ups off LBJ and Spo's crank you can guess why.

;-) ;) :wink:

What is 17/60 percentage wise? Just wondering because that's what Coach Spo inspired everyone other than LeBron to shoot last night.
Spo's a magician and those terrific players around LBJ responded accordingly.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:25 am

Pup speaks TROOF, fuck Peeks.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:40 am

peeker643 wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again. C's did and do have better chance of winning game 7 than they had of winning game 6.

When you get done doing pull ups off LBJ and Spo's crank you can guess why.

What if someone hangs a Scottie Pippen jersey in Wade's locker?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Pup speaks TROOF, fuck Peeks.

C'mon. Coach Spo coaxed a great game out of LBJ and got the talented players around LBJ to shoot damn near 30%. But he did get the Heat defense to make the C's miss many, many open looks!!!!! That is defense through coaching and role player intimidation!!!

I'm sure it'll be enough tomorrow night too. Always was before when LeBron put up monstrous games. Especially against the C's!!!!

They always die when you bury them!!!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 pm

pup wrote:
FUDU wrote:Meh.

Good god almighty.

Bird made Parish and McHale?
Magic made Kareem?
Shaq made Kobe? Or did Kobe make Shaq?

The guy is a piece of shit, but that is seriously the most fraudulent piece of support for an argument ever.

Jordan is about the only guy that argument holds any water for, and even Pippen is better than anything James has played with. Wade is barely in the discussion at this point as a superstar and probably behind Pippen as the worst Robin.

Of course Bird and Magic had good players with them, but those teams don't win jack without Larry and EJ. Fact is with exception of Kareem (and he wasn't quite "Kareem" during most of Showtime) none of those players is was what Wade is to the game today. Nice players none of which could dominate the game/league like Wade. I mean FFS it was only a year ago everybody on the planet was saying Wade was the better player between him and LeBro.

But honestly Jordan is usually the guy LeBron is compared to. FTR Pippen was over rated, nice player, could hurt you specific ways but by no means an NBAG 50 player.

Wade is so beyond him it isn't funny.

It comes down to LeBron needing an equal to get his. None of those others ATGs mentioned had equals in the game let alone on their team. I do acknowledge your Kobe/Shaq point, valid.

There will always be an angle on LeBron's achievements until he earns the ring.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Pup speaks TROOF, fuck Peeks.

C'mon. Coach Spo coaxed a great game out of LBJ and got the talented players around LBJ to shoot damn near 30%. But he did get the Heat defense to make the C's miss many, many open looks!!!!! That is defense through coaching and role player intimidation!!!

I'm sure it'll be enough tomorrow night too. Always was before when LeBron put up monstrous games. Especially against the C's!!!!

They always die when you bury them!!!!

Yeah buddy! He's gettin it.
jb

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Would LBJ (and f off for making me appear to defend him again) be the same choker needing other players around him if Ferry traded for Bosh and Wade?

Is Kevin Garnett not a top 5 PF because he didn't win a title without Pierce and Allen?

Is Karl Malone a stiff?
Is John Stockton?
Dan Marino?

To a hoops historian, he is going to go down as top 3 players in the history of the game. 0 rings or 8. He will continue to get killed in the now, and zero rings will always be an asterisk next to his name in the future. But that is all it will be, an asterisk. A footnote on page 1 of his list of accomplishments.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm

pup wrote:Would LBJ (and f off for making me appear to defend him again) be the same choker needing other players around him if Ferry traded for Bosh and Wade?

Is Kevin Garnett not a top 5 PF because he didn't win a title without Pierce and Allen?

Is Karl Malone a stiff?
Is John Stockton?
Dan Marino?

To a hoops historian, he is going to go down as top 3 players in the history of the game. 0 rings or 8. He will continue to get killed in the now, and zero rings will always be an asterisk next to his name in the future. But that is all it will be, an asterisk. A footnote on page 1 of his list of accomplishments.

I won't disagree with your implications there, remember I'm not a proponent of the ring argument, in any sport. Due to the game of hoops all LBJ analyzing will forever be about what he couldn't do or what he finally did (with great help). If he never left CTown and still never won a ring he'd get more benefit of the doubt. If he won a ring in CTown he'd get as much praise as anyone before him. It's too late now.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 pm

pup wrote:Would LBJ (and f off for making me appear to defend him again) be the same choker needing other players around him if Ferry traded for Bosh and Wade?

Is Karl Malone a stiff?
Is John Stockton?
Dan Marino?

I don't think any of those guys are choke artists per se. I don't think any less of them as players nor do I think that LBJ is anything other than maybe the greatest physical talent with the greatest overall skill set I've ever seen.

His game last night eclipses pretty much anything I've seen and I thought Rondo's game a few nights ago was great.

What makes LBJ a choke artist is the fact he's choked. What makes him a quitter is the fact he's quit.

When you're the self-proclaimed Chosen One and the self proclaimed King you reap what you sow.

Keep telling me you can throw 98mph consistently at some point I want to see you do it. If you don't tell me how great you are I'm more surprised by your greatness than I am disgusted with your bragging and the way you carry yourself.

Never been about skills and greatness. He has both a thousand times over. Always (for me only) been about his mouth writing checks his ass can't cash.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 pm

History will be very kind to him (with the exception of Cleveland). There are times he "choked," there are a couple unexplainable moments, including the appearance of quitting, however, the guy is building a pretty damn impressive cache of huge performances in big games. Yesterday, hangin' 48 in the same Garden game 7 ECF, the last 10 of the clincher last year, Detroit. Not to mention this is the best playoff year I've ever seen from a player, challenged only by the year the Cavs lost to Orlando.

Not to many people on GGE with those under their belts.

Point being, there will be plenty of things for people to point to as years pass, and you guys gotta know how things work. The next whipping boy will come along sooner than later, yes, winning a ring puts it on someone else immediately, but they'll be here sooner than later.

Yesterday.... it is what it is, whether we like it or not - the guy went in and broke wills. End of story.

Perhaps the great veteran team...perhaps Pierce shouldn't a been yellin" "he can't check me" and Garnett shouldn't a been crowin' about "showin everyone who thought we were done," after game fucking 5.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:55 am

Eye, regarding my earlier comment, the freaking Cs missed layups. I know their offense has struggled compared to years past, but if they make their freaking layups, they hang around. And I contend, that when you hang around with Miami, that is when their flaws appear.

If the Cs keep the Heat in check early in the game and not let them get on a roll early, they have a chance.

I have heard commentators make this analogy about the Heat, and I agree. They are front-runners. They are awesome when everything goes well. They don't deal with adversity very well.

I do think there were two dangers for the Heat attack in game 6. Yes, LBJ was lights out. However, if you bank on LBJ making that many Js to win consistently, you are walking a line that LBJ has walked before. We called it LeSettle. I also think when he takes so many shots, and the Celts hang around, when "someone else" needs to hit a shot, they are in no rhythm whatsoever since they haven't shot in a day or two.

Maybe that is just wishful thinking. But we have all seen both sides of the Heat.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:32 am

OldDawg wrote:Eye, regarding my earlier comment, the freaking Cs missed layups. I know their offense has struggled compared to years past, but if they make their freaking layups, they hang around. And I contend, that when you hang around with Miami, that is when their flaws appear.

If the Cs keep the Heat in check early in the game and not let them get on a roll early, they have a chance.

I have heard commentators make this analogy about the Heat, and I agree. They are front-runners. They are awesome when everything goes well. They don't deal with adversity very well.

I do think there were two dangers for the Heat attack in game 6. Yes, LBJ was lights out. However, if you bank on LBJ making that many Js to win consistently, you are walking a line that LBJ has walked before. We called it LeSettle. I also think when he takes so many shots, and the Celts hang around, when "someone else" needs to hit a shot, they are in no rhythm whatsoever since they haven't shot in a day or two.

Maybe that is just wishful thinking. But we have all seen both sides of the Heat.

There's a big difference between Lebron "settling" by hoisting a jumper after an iso 35 feet from the hoop, and when he catches the ball 15 feet away, where he's one dribble away from the bucket.

And again, this is where the "expert" commentators make me laugh, and it apparently rubs off.....if anyone that ever played the game hits 9 jumpers in a row, guess what, they are gonna take more jumpers.

And if you;re worried that Lebron being on fire actually caused the rest of the Heat to "not find a rhythm" well, if you've been watching the Heat this year, you'd be hard pressed to tell me when they ever had it. Even guys that could shoot previously, Like Hslem and Miller. just aren't getting it done. So it's back to - if he shoots too much, even when red hot, he's getting guys out of rhythm, but if he tries to get them involved he should be "taking over."

Look, again, guy's not perfect. Had some major issues in playoffs past, and he apparently screwed over the city. But your post speaks to Thursdays game, and ferchrissake, there wasn't anything he did on that night that was short of brilliant, dterimental to the team, or any other bullshit jaded Clevelanders wanna make up.

Yes, he probably won't hit as many shots Saturday, which in turn will make it more difficult for the Heat. And if he doesn't put on another one in a generation type performance he' be criticized - it's the media world we live in, it's the world he's created for himself. But don't let all that cause you to make things up.

There's a difference between a dick, and what said dick does on the court. That's all I'm sayin'
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 am

FUDU not realizing how dead Wade is now is the best part of this thread, easily.

And the second best part is easily him not understanding how hard it is to pair two players like a healthy and young Wade and LBJ.

Fucking fool.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:46 pm

and fuck you FUDU: http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-ma ... oing-here/

That is the Minny story, perfectly put.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Is Karl Malone a stiff?
Is John Stockton?
Dan Marino?

I don't think any of those guys are choke artists per se. I don't think any less of them as players nor do I think that LBJ is anything other than maybe the greatest physical talent with the greatest overall skill set I've ever seen.

His game last night eclipses pretty much anything I've seen and I thought Rondo's game a few nights ago was great.

What makes LBJ a choke artist is the fact he's choked. What makes him a quitter is the fact he's quit.

When you're the self-proclaimed Chosen One and the self proclaimed King you reap what you sow.

Keep telling me you can throw 98mph consistently at some point I want to see you do it. If you don't tell me how great you are I'm more surprised by your greatness than I am disgusted with your bragging and the way you carry yourself.

Never been about skills and greatness. He has both a thousand times over. Always (for me only) been about his mouth writing checks his ass can't cash.

Also, it should be noted that you and I were shocked to see that from Rondo.... we expect that from LBJ which is the most unfair level ever set.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Is Karl Malone a stiff?
Is John Stockton?
Dan Marino?

Also, it should be noted that you and I were shocked to see that from Rondo.... we expect that from LBJ which is the most unfair level ever set.

Truth.

But LeBron is one of those who helped set it. You understand how he carries himself. You also understand how he may be the softest 6'9 265lber ever who's never had to fight for anything.

We all understand that. But he acts like he's something entirely different. And that's off-putting. And guys who have fought and lived like shit resent him for the frontin'. That can't be questioned either.

Said it before; guy's never been in trouble and by all accounts is doing right by his kids. But he's as fucking fake as a Chinatown Rolex.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Have you, outside of the 8 thing that Riley and Wade designed ever seen LBJ talk about his own talents or his team since 2004ish?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 pm

What's the score?

I'm watching Jersey Shore Shark Attack on Sci Fi channel. World Premier!
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

jb wrote:What's the score?

heat up by 1

And you aren't kidding. Sticking around for Mega Shark Vs Crocasaurus? Starring Jaleel White.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

LOL.

JFC will the media not go to the ends of the Earth to try to bring sympathy to the Heat and LeBron.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 pm

That Rondo James scurry for the loose ball epitomizes what we've come to know about LeBron.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Celtics are a hot mess. Say gnite Gracie.

Bron gets his exorcism part 1. We all know what part2 is.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
jb wrote:What's the score?

heat up by 1

And you aren't kidding. Sticking around for Mega Shark Vs Crocasaurus? Starring Jaleel White.

Seen it. But it does star Erkel.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Eh, nothing to see here. We've seen this chapter before, it was expected more or less. Nothing has been proven or exonerated.

How can you not love the Celtics heart and guts though this post season. Didn't they get written off in 2009?

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Handling of Bosh means Spo > Doc.

Brilliant how he was brought along.
Last edited by jb on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Ladies of Spain .....
jb

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I think another failure in the NBA finals is still a good consolation prize for 'da haters. It's just enough of a tease to let them think they are close enough not to blow this thing up. Looking at the struggle against the Celts and Pacers I am scratching my head wondering how in the hell this team beats OKC?

Is OKC's big three not better than Miami's (let's call Harden one of the three to throw in with Bosh). OKC can play a little better defense on Bosh if it comes down to Westbrook/Durant's production vs. Bron/Wade who you bettin' on?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Credit Spo, or Wade for covering Rondo on the perimeter from St. Petersburg.

Credit someone.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 pm

It would be fun if Durant got his ring before LeBron. But thevHeat look pretty good
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

dmiles wrote:I think another failure in the NBA finals is still a good consolation prize for 'da haters. It's just enough of a tease to let them think they are close enough not to blow this thing up. Looking at the struggle against the Celts and Pacers I am scratching my head wondering how in the hell this team beats OKC?

Is OKC's big three not better than Miami's (let's call Harden one of the three to throw in with Bosh). OKC can play a little better defense on Bosh if it comes down to Westbrook/Durant's production vs. Bron/Wade who you bettin' on?

They probably won't beat OKC.

Miami for all the individual talent they have, 2 modern day studs, isn't put together in the most fundamentally sound way.

Should be an entertaining finals none the less.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:22 pm

dmiles wrote:Is OKC's big three not better than Miami's (let's call Harden one of the three to throw in with Bosh). OKC can play a little better defense on Bosh if it comes down to Westbrook/Durant's production vs. Bron/Wade who you bettin' on?

Video Game > Durant > Westbrook > Harden > busted Wade & dinged Bosh

And that's not counting Ibaka et al vs I Can't Believe They're Not The 2007 Cavs. I wouldn't put money on the Heat, but it'll definitely be an entertaining series if we continue to get Video Game James.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 pm

jb wrote:Celtics are a hot mess. Say gnite Gracie.

Bron gets his exorcism part 1. We all know what part2 is.

A six game loss to the Western Conference champions?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 pm

I've got no problem with the Video Game label, God knows he's capable, but video games freeze up from time to time.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 am

I don't care who you are.... seeing Doc crying about the end of the C's run while taking the mic was some on the real shit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 am

Doc: one of the things I love about being a Celtic. We have 17 banners. That's it. We don't have the ... division championships. We don't have the... conference championships. We don't focus on the individual. That's where I'm so proud of Rondo. He sacrificed so many things for the team

Doc: I'm sure at some point I'll look back at this and say "what a great run".. but right now I'm just too competitive to see that

Doc: I really thought LeBron in particular played a very smart, aggressive game. he let the game come to him and down the stretch he took over. That's what great players do
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:58 am

It's all down to Durant and co to deny HIM a championship
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA