Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Game of Thrones

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Game of Thrones

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:It sucks there's only one more episode left until NEXT April. Show goes by way too fast, especially with only 10 episodes.

Is the Imp dead? Looks like I might have some summer reading. The hound is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

How 'bout half-man lopping off that other guy's leg.

Only a flesh wound.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby justmebd » Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:It sucks there's only one more episode left until NEXT April. Show goes by way too fast, especially with only 10 episodes.

Is the Imp dead? Looks like I might have some summer reading. The hound is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

How 'bout half-man lopping off that other guy's leg.

Only a flesh wound.

This season should've been 12 episodes, and sorry, telling you if Tyrion lives or dies would be a spoiler, you'll have to tune in Sunday.

There are a bunch of really good articles about the Blackwater episode on EW.com, check em out when you have time.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Finally saw the episode last night. Awesome. They made the battle look pretty much as cool as possible under their time and budgetary constraints, and kept it very true to source material. Helps that the author of the books wrote this episode. No dicking around in the Riverlands, no Essos, no north of the wall...just the Blackwater in all it's glory. The wildfire explosion was really cool, wish I could have seen that live. I may quit my job and go be a pyrotechnics expert in Hollywood. Just blow shit up all day long and get paid for it.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

gotribe31 wrote: I may quit my job and go be a pyrotechnics expert in Hollywood. Just blow shit up all day long and get paid for it.

You don't need to quit your job and move to Hollywood. Just keep your job and move to Syria.

A good friend of mine in High School works a nice job for Industrial Light & Magic in CA. Cool stuff.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 pm

They made the battle look pretty much as cool as possible under their time and budgetary constraints, and kept it very true to source material.

Except for, you know, the chain that Tyrion spent half the book making and the other characters spent half the book asking him why the hell he was having it made at the expense of other things. I know they had budgetary constraints but the chain directly shows how much smarter Tyrion was than everyone else. On TV, it just showed him telling the Alchemist's that they're making Wildfire for him instead of Cersei which shows... nothing, just continuing a plan that was already in place.

Of course, directly after the battle everyone forgot about the chain and Tyrion's part so maybe they just wanted to cut out the middle man.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby cozmeesah » Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Cutting out the chain was about budget for sure, I mean they had to beg HBO for the extra money to do what they DID. But in the grand scheme of things, the chain really isn't that important when you think about it. All viewers already know that Tyrion is smarter than the rest, they didn't need the chain to prove it.

Besides, it would have escalated not only the cost of this episode, but all the others as well. They would have had to write in and cast all the extra scenes where Tyrion talks to people about the chain, etc.

All they had to do was make sure that a good chunk of Stannis' ships were destroyed by the fire, which they did. Not only that, but GRRM wrote the episode, and I'd imagine if he really felt it had to stay, it would have in some shape or form.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
They made the battle look pretty much as cool as possible under their time and budgetary constraints, and kept it very true to source material.

Except for, you know, the chain that Tyrion spent half the book making and the other characters spent half the book asking him why the hell he was having it made at the expense of other things. I know they had budgetary constraints but the chain directly shows how much smarter Tyrion was than everyone else. On TV, it just showed him telling the Alchemist's that they're making Wildfire for him instead of Cersei which shows... nothing, just continuing a plan that was already in place.

Of course, directly after the battle everyone forgot about the chain and Tyrion's part so maybe they just wanted to cut out the middle man.

If you take it as an individual episode, it stayed pretty true. The chain was already out. It was made pretty clear that the half man was both the architect and hero of the battle, chain or no chain.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Fucking shit was that good . It's a god damn felony I have to wait a year for season 3.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby mitch » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 am

Govbarney wrote:Fucking shit was that good . It's a god damn felony I have to wait a year for season 3.

Yeah, that was pretty freaking awesome...especially the baby dragons lighting up the warlock.

But WTF happened to Winterfell???? I figured the Greyjoy dicks were going to give up Theon, take their leave, and let the bastard bannerman have it...and then I see that it's been set aflame???

Seriously pissed that it'll take another year before these questions get answered...although I'll probably read the third book before then (finishing the first now, and have the second loaded on the iPad).
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:22 am

mitch wrote:Yeah, that was pretty freaking awesome...especially the baby dragons lighting up the warlock.

But WTF happened to Winterfell???? I figured the Greyjoy dicks were going to give up Theon, take their leave, and let the bastard bannerman have it...and then I see that it's been set aflame???

Seriously pissed that it'll take another year before these questions get answered...although I'll probably read the third book before then (finishing the first now, and have the second loaded on the iPad).

I am really confused about Winterfell as well. My only guess is the "bastered" son who was supposed to rescue the city, had a change of allegiance and decided to sack it.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:32 am

Govbarney wrote:
mitch wrote:Yeah, that was pretty freaking awesome...especially the baby dragons lighting up the warlock.

I am really confused about Winterfell as well. My only guess is the "bastered" son who was supposed to rescue the city, had a change of allegiance and decided to sack it.

In the books it's clear what happened, so if you read the 2nd book you'll be up to speed. In the show though, it makes it seem like the Ironborn decided to torch the place on their way out.

I was dissapointed overall in the finale, but probably just because I read the book. The House of the Undying was incredibly watered down, which I expected but was still dissapointing. Dany saw a lot more stuff than just Drogo, both that explain some of the past and offer glimpses into the future. Two of the best carachters in the books were supposed to be with Dany by now, and they're nowhere to be seen. The confusion regarding Winterfell. Varys scheming to make a whore his "partner" is probably the dumbest thing they've done in the entire series.

I still love it overall, but am really wondering where they're going with some of these changes.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am

gotribe31 wrote:
Govbarney wrote:

In the books it's clear what happened, so if you read the 2nd book you'll be up to speed. In the show though, it makes it seem like the Ironborn decided to torch the place on their way out.

I was dissapointed overall in the finale, but probably just because I read the book. The House of the Undying was incredibly watered down, which I expected but was still dissapointing. Dany saw a lot more stuff than just Drogo, both that explain some of the past and offer glimpses into the future. Two of the best carachters in the books were supposed to be with Dany by now, and they're nowhere to be seen. The confusion regarding Winterfell. Varys scheming to make a whore his "partner" is probably the dumbest thing they've done in the entire series.

I still love it overall, but am really wondering where they're going with some of these changes.

It's consensus by a bunch of reviewers the visions of the future in the House of the Undying were cut for two reasons: Budget and too spoilery. The book was able to foreshadow without spoiling -- a little tougher to do on screen sometimes.

I have a feeling the Varys-whore thing is an attempt to not have to cast more people into the show, so again, budget. The whore will fill the role of a few other characters for the payoffs at the end of Book 3 and 5 is my guess.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby cozmeesah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 am

My guess with the House of the Undying is that actually visually showing some of the visions that Dany had in the book would either be way too spoiler-y or way too confusing, depending on the vision. Reading about them is different than actually seeing them.

Non-book readers would see -- these aren't really spoilers -- the woman getting raped by 4 little men and be like WTF??? Same with Rhaegar/Elia/Aegon, they'd be like "who the hell is that now?" They wouldn't know the house with the red door or get any of the imagery like the blue flower on the ice, etc.

And they certainly couldn't show when she is basically foretold of the ~~HUGE spoiler in white between these marks >> Red Wedding, as people would surely spot that and completely spoil next season's "Ned" moment. >> /end spoiler.

If you mean Arstan and Strong Belwas, I'm sure they'll have them show up when she goes to buy her ship. They didn't show up in the books until after the HotU anyway.

-----------

The Winterfell confusion, I'm pretty sure that was intentional. They want people to wonder about the whom and why of the Winterfell sacking and what happened to Theon all the way up until next season.
cozmeesah

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am

Yeah, I understand and both of you make completely valid points. I guess I just wanted to see it. Not sure if the spoiler you allude to would have been picked up on or not. One alternate option is they could have put in NEW potential spoilers/visions. The Red Keep looked awfully burned by dragonfire to me, no? Dany getting close to the throne, but never actually touching it. Dany coming out of the tunnel under the wall could have been a replacement for the blue rose, etc.

Interested to hear what CTD thought, especially about the end. He's been waiting for the White Walkers to reappear since the 1st 10 min of the series, right?

I guess it's just strange to me that they'd take some things out of the 3rd book and put them in the 2nd season, then push some things out of the 2nd book to the 3rd season. I wanted Dany to meet Arstan. Like I said, it's great TV and I still enjoy it, so I guess I'm just picking nits here. It boils down mostly to impatience on my part, I suppose :)

Can't wait for season 3. These should be 12-15 episode seasons.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Got the books for my B-day. The wife went right to the 3rd book after the episode to see what happens next.

I thought the house of the undying was a little weak.

Dragons and White Walkers rule.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I never had the urge to read the books until last night. I enjoyed the show to much to have it spoiled by the books. My plan always was to read the books after the show ended /got canceled. But after last night I just don't think I have it in me to wait till April to get my GOT fix again. And aside from Breaking Bad it just doesn't look like there will be any good TV between Mad Men ending next week, and Boardwalk's season premiere in the fall.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby cozmeesah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Yeah, I understand and both of you make completely valid points. I guess I just wanted to see it. Not sure if the spoiler you allude to would have been picked up on or not.

Yeah, I was let down a little bit by the HotU in the very minute I saw it, but then I realized why and it wasn't so bad. Still, would have liked to have seen the actual Undying and the weirdness surrounding them. But that would have been big on the budget, I guess.

The spoiler would have been picked up on by at least a few people (especially if they showed one specific part of it), so I bet they didn't want to even take a chance.

gotribe31 wrote:One alternate option is they could have put in NEW potential spoilers/visions. The Red Keep looked awfully burned by dragonfire to me, no? Dany getting close to the throne, but never actually touching it. Dany coming out of the tunnel under the wall could have been a replacement for the blue rose, etc.

This is very possible also. I wasn't sure if the throne room looked burnt or just plain frozen. The wall part most definitely had the same intended meaning as the blue rose, just not the "proof" of the backstory, lol.

Was I the only book reader that was highly amused that they kept in the part with Tywin's horse taking a crap in the throne room?

EW... your wife may be a bit confused if she just goes straight to the 3rd book, lol. There's so so so so much more detail to the books that the show leaves out. I'd at least read the 2nd first.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

The Walkers were sweet. The whole season was great. Far and away my favorite show going.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Dragons and White Walkers rule.

The last epidode I watched was when the dragon egg hatched. Line crossed and shark jumped to the land of D&D.

A man has to stand for something. No one lives by a code anymore.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 am

jb wrote:

The last epidode I watched was when the dragon egg hatched. Line crossed and shark jumped to the land of D&D.

Prior to the eggs hatching did you believe the land of Westeros really existed?
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 am

Govbarney wrote:
jb wrote:

Prior to the eggs hatching did you believe the land of Westeros really existed?

I could deal with that.

Its the dragons, man.
jb

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 am

The "fantasy" aspect really turned me off originally as well. I just kept thinking it was another 'lord of the rings', which I have a deep seated hatred of.

I didn't watch a episode until a friend literally begged me, and that was well after the first season ended. Next thing I knew that show was like crack cocaine to me. I burned through the entire first season in less then two weeks.

I am a guy who gets real anal about historical accuracy when it comes to works of non-fiction. With this show I am able to totally turn that OCD part of my brain off, its oddly relaxing, and entertaining.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 pm

The fantasy aspects of the series are minimal to the point of being almost negligent, but if you've got a huge aversion to anything remotely fantasy, you do.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 pm

The show is fucking awesome. The characters, action, swordplay, sets, dialogue, all fantastic.

It's my favorite show since Rome.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Hikohadon wrote:The fantasy aspects of the series are minimal to the point of being almost negligent, but if you've got a huge aversion to anything remotely fantasy, you do.

the fantasy asect is integral. Was OK with that.

But dragons? No dragons. Immutable law of viewership.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:The fantasy aspects of the series are minimal to the point of being almost negligent, but if you've got a huge aversion to anything remotely fantasy, you do.

the fantasy asect is integral. Was OK with that.

But dragons? No dragons. Immutable law of viewership.

The greatest Saturday morning cartoon of all time begs to differ:

The dragons were the only thing that made GoT fantasy. Without them, it's just a period piece.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 am

The 20 scenes with dragons is enough to make you not watch an awesome show?

ZOMG.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

Also, having been home sick Monday and watched the last five eps, the show kind of sucks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, having been home sick Monday and watched the last five eps, the show kind of sucks.

Whew. I was kind of worried my judgment had slipped when you liked it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 am

It's funny, I always thought the AV Club was being haters when I just looked at their letter grades of episodes and the "advanced" grades stayed 1 to 2 letters higher than the "newbie" grade.

Of course the difference there is between having read the books or not having read them.

And this thread tells the same story.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 am

Who gives a fuck what the AV Club thinks?

I don't need them to tell me what shows are good and why.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 am

The point wasn't what they think, it is that I was astounded to find what they think made sense after watching the shitty show.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am

Yikes.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Well it's no Community. Then again, what is?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:28 am

I actually really liked the first season as a first season, but I thought it set up the show to become a real character/reality development.

Instead the second season hits you (as a non-reader) as a clip show. I don't and won't give a fuck about any character in that show (OH THE KID IS MEAN!!!! AND THE HOUND TRIED TO GET LAID!!!!), I can't even put down ten words on paper regarding what makes any of them interesting. It is just HBO and the writers telling new viewers to fuck off but still winning in the ratings, and kudos to them for that.

The show is really not good TV and I stand by that. Mad Men airing at the same time just drives that home more and more.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:46 am

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the show and not find characters like Arya, and Tyrion interesting.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I'm not sure how anyone can watch the show and not find characters like Arya, and Tyrion interesting.

Apparently you haven't followed things too closely around here: when others like it, that's when e0y2e3 hates it.

Coincidental?

Maybe. But the list is an arm's length long ;-) ;) :wink:

Hipster 101. Get out ahead, leave when others arrive. :nanner:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:35 pm

You just watched a ten hour season, how much time or real development did the little girl get?

The Nymph got some and they tried to play hard with him and the whore, but did he EVER get a real, meaningful story finished? He's the LBJ of new TV,,,, a fucking whore the never gives you the complete story,
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby cozmeesah » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm

No shit. The show is based on a book series that has 2 books to go. 99% of the characters haven't had their story finished yet.
cozmeesah

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 pm

BAD TV.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:56 pm

I find it astounding that apparently what is good/important/interesting TV overlaps completely 100% with what e0y likes/finds interesting.

Everything else is crap.

No, it's true!
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The show is really not good TV and I stand by that. Mad Men airing at the same time just drives that home more and more.

A) They don't air at the same time. They comprised some of the best back-to-back television in a long time.

B) Who cares what you stand by? You invalidate your opinion every time you make a new one.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:31 am

AHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAA! Fad Men. Character Development 101. Artfags and sheepish critics line up to blow that show.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Overall, the 2nd season was pretty good. The issue is that the best parts of the 2nd book were the Battle of the Blackwater, the House of the Undying, and the Jon Snow ranging stuff north of the Wall. For me, it's not nearly as good as books 1 or 3. And all three of those exciting parts were never going to translate perfectly to the screen, due to lack of $$ or lack of a good way to translate the prophecies in the House from text to show. So yeah, there are loose ends in the character development, because the character's aren't fully developed. We're through book two of a seven book series, and the seven book series itself is only through book five. How do you expect a complete, meaningful story to be finished at the end of the 2nd season/book?
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Overall, the 2nd season was pretty good. The issue is that the best parts of the 2nd book were the Battle of the Blackwater, the House of the Undying, and the Jon Snow ranging stuff north of the Wall. For me, it's not nearly as good as books 1 or 3. And all three of those exciting parts were never going to translate perfectly to the screen, due to lack of $$ or lack of a good way to translate the prophecies in the House from text to show. So yeah, there are loose ends in the character development, because the character's aren't fully developed. We're through book two of a seven book series, and the seven book series itself is only through book five. How do you expect a complete, meaningful story to be finished at the end of the 2nd season/book?

Book 3 has two events which are clearly head-and-shoulders bigger than anything Book 2 had to offer (book readers know what I'm talking about). Since the show came out, I've just been hoping it stayed on long enough to get through Book 3. But I was somewhat impressed by how they took a bland book/season like Book 2 and made it solid viewing.

Their real challenge will come when they have to make Book 4/Season 5, but that's too far away for me to care about.
Hikohadon

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:Their real challenge will come when they have to make Book 4/Season 5, but that's too far away for me to care about.

I imagine they will cut out some of the most extraneous stuff and just combine Books 4 & 5, since it all happens at the same time anyway. There's no way they could or would go a season without 3 of the central characters like would happen if they'd just do Book 4 for Season 5.

For all the non-book readers... Book 3 will probably take up 2 entire seasons.

Just thinking about all the stuff we'll get to see is giving me goosebumps.

Lots of Book 3 spoilers in while below:

Sam killing the Other and getting away

Dany & her dragons destroy Astapor, her khalasar grows by tens of thousands

The Unsullied

Lady Olenna

Jon & Ygritte gettin freaky

Jon & the Thenns climbing the Wall & Jon escaping to Castle Black

Sansa & Tyrion's wedding

Brotherhood without Banners / Dondarrion / Thoros

Jaime & Brienne's adventure, Jaime loses a hand but begins his redemption arc

Red Wedding (I will cry. A lot. Not gonna lie.)

Arya & the Hound, Arya coming SO close to seeing Robb & Catelyn again, but therefore also very close to getting killed herself

The Dornish arrive in KL / Purple Wedding (I will laugh evilly & applaud)

Tyrion's trial / The Red Viper vs. The Mountain

The Thenns raid on Castle Black & Jon and the NW defending it (Ygritte dies)

Mance Rayder's attack on the Wall (That should be epic. I better see some Mammoths & giants, HBO) and Stannis coming to the rescue

Jon being voted Lord Commander of the NW & Janos Slynt being a dickhead that makes Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter look like an angel

Bran meeting Sam/Gilly & Coldhands at the wall and going with the latter beyond the wall

Littlefinger helping Sansa escape, going to the Eyrie, him marrying crazy-ass Lysa & her doing a skydive without the parachute (*claps*)

Daenerys conquers herself Meereen while being infuriating and stubborn, Arstan reveals himself and Ser Jorah gets his comeuppance & his heart broken

Jaime returning to King's Landing, Tywin and Cersei proceed to be assholes towards him

Tyrion continues to be a p(Imp) & a Lannister really doesn't shit gold ;)

Arya parts from the Hound and finds a Braavosi captain to tell "valar morghulis"

Ohhhh yeah.

We need a Spoiler tag on this forum, man.
cozmeesah

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, book three is really amazing. I had forgotten that ALL of that stuf happens in the same book. Thank God e0 won't be watching by then and we can have a discussion about how it adapts to TV without having to deal with him.

I assume they do 2 seasons for book 3, and then 2 seasons for books 4/5 but combined chronologically rather than having them set apart by geography. There's a list out there of how to read books 4/5 together as one massive book rather than having to set them apart, so I'd assume that for TV they'll basically go that route. Which will help makes those books/seasons MUCH better overall.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby cozmeesah » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah, I understand GRRM's point about not wanting to put HALF of everyone's story in each book and instead deciding to put ALL of half the people's story in each book. It just sucks that he left 3+ of the main main main characters til the 2nd in what would have been one gigantic book.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:01 pm

I also agree that they'll combine Books 4 & 5 and run it over 2 seasons, likely seasoned liberally with liberties. That's when I not only won't mind but will embrace any changes they make to improve the product. Many of the stories grind to almost a halt in those 2 books, especially Dany. Very frustrating after so much happens in Book 3, almost nothing of note happens in 4 & 5.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Is he ever going to finish the last books?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture