Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns for sale?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Is Randolph Mortimor Lerner selling?

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Is Randolph Mortimor Lerner selling?

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Lerner is just smart enough to take a good deal if it's given to him. He'd sell this team and be grateful for it so he could spend more time in England.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:27 pm

I know a lot of you would go wild with joy, but there are a lot worse owners we could have than Randy Lerner.

Look at the douche in Miami if you want example one.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Liondrew » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Please let this be true. I just want an owner who actually cares about winning and will take an active role in building a team-and not tolerate losing anymore. Maybe somebody local who would take pride in the team for once.

How about Dan Gilbert buying them? I know it's the longest of long shots, but we can dream.

:pigs:
Liondrew

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I know a lot of you would go wild with joy, but there are a lot worse owners we could have than Randy Lerner.

Agree 100% , I hate to be a Lerner apologist, but I do honestly think the guy wants to win , and win bad, and someday (probably distant future) he will figure out how to do that.

In fact I think if anything The Browns are his passion , Villa is just his hobby.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I know a lot of you would go wild with joy, but there are a lot worse owners we could have than Randy Lerner.

I would disagree. Having an interest in what's going on is pretty important. Along with a myriad of other qualities he culled as Pops was carrying him thru.

You COULD do worse, but you'll PROBABLY do better.

Randy Lerner had a hell of a lot to do with the last dozen years.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Through 15 years of embarrassing misery, there has been one constant. Lerner.

He's hired one band of idiots after another and let them hire all their unqualified drinking buddies without any accountability or checks and balances.

Failure after failure after failure. One horrible hire after another. The fact this organization has devolved into a league laughing stock starts at the top.

Not sure how it could be much worse. Cause he stays out of the way and spends money? All NFL owners make money and spend money. And while I don't want my owner deciding who we're gonna draft in the first round, I do want my owner to have balls and brains.

Guy is a silver spoon in his mouth failure that has had everything handed to him and has accomplished nothing in his life.

He may be a nice guy. He may genuinely care about the fans and the organization. So does my uncle and I don't want him as the owner either.

Please sell. Pretty please. With cherries on top.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 pm

leadpipe wrote:

I would disagree. Having an interest in what's going on is pretty important. Along with a myriad of other qualities he culled as Pops was carrying him thru.

Having an active interest in what's going on combined with being an idiot/douchebag is worse than not giving a shit at all and leaving the biz in other people's hands.

You could easily do better. You could do worse.

Remember, if Randy sells... HE'LL BE CHOOSING WHO TO SELL TO.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am

Hikohadon wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Having an active interest in what's going on combined with being an idiot/douchebag is worse than not giving a shit at all and leaving the biz in other people's hands.

You could easily do better. You could do worse.

Remember, if Randy sells... HE'LL BE CHOOSING WHO TO SELL TO.

No, it might be just as bad, but it ain't gonna be worse.

Point to all the Dolphins and Redskins you want, they've still had a better run in the last 12 then here.

And pretty much everyone else has been much better.

I would ask you what his good ownership qualities are. Cause "minding your own business" is only an attractive trait for that position if you have the wherewithall and know-how to put the right guys in place who DO make the football decisions.

Falling for the first dog and pony act that walks into the office is the opposite of this.

He's been an awful, awful owner. This is fact.

So yes, if you get really unlucky you could do worse. But you gotta real good chance to do better. By your rationale, why draft a QB, you COULD do worse than McCoy, but you've got a good chance of doing better.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am

He may make the choice, but doesn't it have to be approved by the other owners? I gotta think that the majority of the owners realize that a successful Brown's team will generate more for the league's coffers than what we have now. They've vetoed bad choices before (Rush Limbaugh), and they can do it again.
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:49 am

Listened to a bit of the Triv show on my way home from work last night, and he (rightly) pointed out if someone offers Lerner enough money for the team, Lerner will sell.

Captain Obvious aside, you have to look at a few things as this story hopefully grows into a ridiculous monster (I love carnival atmospheres over non-stories).

One: The rumor came out of nowhere with the reporter refusing to reveal his source.

Two: Assuming the report is true, this source knew the reporter would divulge the information.

Three: Taking the "It's all bullshit" approach, why would this reporter decide the Rams and the Browns would enter the conversation?

My conclusion: The league wants Randy Lerner to sell. The reasons are obvious and it's this kind of "Leak reporting" that gets the ball rolling on this kind of deal. Plant the seed and let it grow.

I don't know enough about the Rams situation to know why their name would have come up.
justmebd

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 am

The only thing that lends credence to me is that RLs financial situation is nowhere near as bulletproof as assumed.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 am

When this guy was PotEagles, there's no chance his agents name rhymed with delMonte is there?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:52 am

I'll buy the fuckin' team.... Christ.

I'll give you $5,000, a case of beer, and a TT-33 Russian pistol.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:29 am

swerb wrote:Through 15 years of embarrassing misery, there has been one constant. Lerner.

He's hired one band of idiots after another and let them hire all their unqualified drinking buddies without any accountability or checks and balances.

Failure after failure after failure. One horrible hire after another. The fact this organization has devolved into a league laughing stock starts at the top.

Not sure how it could be much worse. Cause he stays out of the way and spends money? All NFL owners make money and spend money. And while I don't want my owner deciding who we're gonna draft in the first round, I do want my owner to have balls and brains.

Guy is a silver spoon in his mouth failure that has had everything handed to him and has accomplished nothing in his life.

He may be a nice guy. He may genuinely care about the fans and the organization. So does my uncle and I don't want him as the owner either.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ times infinity
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 am

That_Guy™ wrote:He may make the choice, but doesn't it have to be approved by the other owners? I gotta think that the majority of the owners realize that a successful Brown's team will generate more for the league's coffers than what we have now. They've vetoed bad choices before (Rush Limbaugh), and they can do it again.

Stephen Ross.

leadpipe wrote:No, it might be just as bad, but it ain't gonna be worse.

Point to all the Dolphins and Redskins you want, they've still had a better run in the last 12 then here.

Stephen Ross. Ross hasn't been there 12 years. Just give him time.

Listen, I know that the norm of this site is to take any centrist comments I make and try to skew them into some kind of support simply because I haven't crucified the guy then set him on fire. There are literally TONS of owners that would be better. But Randy has made so many bad decisions in the past... at least he's not making the decisions any longer. To whom he sells would be one that HE would make, and I can just imagine the kind of douchebag he would choose.

I read somewhere yesterday that Randy's intention was to eventually sell the team back to the city in a Green Bay type situation, but I can't find it now. Let's set aside the unlikelihood of that for now... if he were to sell/give the team to the city of Cleveland, how does that work? Does the city sell shares to raise the funds? Who becomes the primary decision maker? A counsel?
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

Well, how does I work in GB? Don't they have some kind of CEO that makes the decisions? Who hires that guy I have no idea.

It is fun to think about, but it'll never happen. I thought I read some time ago that the NFL would never allow another GB type situation.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 am

Pretty sure the GB situation has been outlawed by the NFL.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am

I actually and honestly think Randy is the best type of owner, guy opens up his check book and puts pure "football" talent in place to run the teams, be the Butch, Savage or Fat Fuck.

Now he hires these guys and they tend to go completely batshit insane on his watch, but if you give me a choice between him and Dan Gilber sitting in the draft room telling scouts what to do, I still take the blank check.

Guy needs a management class, but we all do... I fuck up with my underlings daily (mainly because I hate them)......
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 am

pup wrote:Pretty sure the GB situation has been outlawed by the NFL.

NOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE SHIT LEAGUE...

Fuck them.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I actually and honestly think Randy is the best type of owner, guy opens up his check book and puts pure "football" talent in place to run the teams, be the Butch, Savage or Fat Fuck.

Now he hires these guys and they tend to go completely batshit insane on his watch, but if you give me a choice between him and Dan Gilber sitting in the draft room telling scouts what to do, I still take the blank check.

Guy needs a management class, but we all do... I fuck up with my underlings daily (mainly because I hate them)......

Dude. Not a debate about Gilbert. But there is not a business in the world that benefits from the owner being a clueless and absent check writer. Every successful business has an owner (CEO, Board, whatever is in charge) that understands the business they are in and is a part of the organization.

Yes, just as many companies fail because the owner is too far on the other side and micromanages the day to day. Which is why nobody is sitting hear begging for Dan Snyder to own the Browns.

What I do want is someone that is successful at something other than being born who actually loves being the owner of the Cleveland Browns. I want someone with the acumen to hold the decision makers he hires accountable for the decisions they make. I want someone that if I bring in a Type A free agent that could sit down with him and be an asset.

Could I get Dan Snyder? Yes I could. I will take that chance.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

By all acounts, Randy's "inner-circle"/board that included Jim Brown's piece of shit self and Bernie was the problem in all of the prior hires and power struggles, so he finally dumped them to the a CEO that was a big man and had a huge pedigree, only to be fucked by him back.

I don't argue with the results sucking, but I do see the guy always trying to adapt and learn. EVERY single person on this site begged for someone like Holmes being given the keys.... Holmes himself got them and turned around and fucked Randy in the ass.

And I only mention Gilbert because he is a Dan Snyder... you have one Cleveland.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 am

e0y2e3 wrote:By all acounts, Randy's "inner-circle"/board that included Jim Brown's piece of shit self and Bernie was the problem in all of the prior hires and power struggles, so he finally dumped them to the a CEO that was a big man and had a huge pedigree, only to be fucked by him back.

I don't argue with the results sucking, but I do see the guy always trying to adapt and learn. EVERY single person on this site begged for someone like Holmes being given the keys.... Holmes himself got them and turned around and fucked Randy in the ass.

And I only mention Gilbert because he is a Dan Snyder... you have one Cleveland.

He gets fucked in the ass because he allows himself to be fucked in the ass. There is a difference between someone standing in the draft room and ordering a pick and someone who is the god damn boss. If I leave my kids home alone for a few days, whose fault is it when I get home and the dog is covered in nail polish and the house looks like shit?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

SD:

Smoke fire and all that .

Timed with the departure of the Philly front office shakeup , you have someone who has expressed a desire to seek ownership , and the Browns have the same philosophical system in place that New owner if its him would be intuned too.

Moreover you still have the Carmen Policy Debartlo faction who wouldn't be bashful to instigate a back door by in .

Just sayin , purely from a speculative stance.

I like Randy's money behind the team , but loathe his detached style , but watching the Indians under Jacobs and viewing the product under the Dolans , I'd caution anybody to e careful what you wish for.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Govbarney wrote:

Agree 100% , I hate to be a Lerner apologist, but I do honestly think the guy wants to win , and win bad, and someday (probably distant future) he will figure out how to do that.

In fact I think if anything The Browns are his passion , Villa is just his hobby.

He wants someone to win for him, thats a little different.

But agree on there being worse out there than that.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:10 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Smoke fire and all that .

Timed with the departure of the Philly front office shakeup , you have someone who has expressed a desire to seek ownership , and the Browns have the same philosophical system in place that New owner if its him would be intuned too.

Moreover you still have the Carmen Policy Debartlo faction who wouldn't be bashful to instigate a back door by in .

Just sayin , purely from a speculative stance.

I like Randy's money behind the team , but loathe his detached style , but watching the Indians under Jacobs and viewing the product under the Dolans , I'd caution anybody to e careful what you wish for.

SoulDawg

You dont need randy's money behind the team, this franchise is a fucking cash machine.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:By all acounts, Randy's "inner-circle"/board that included Jim Brown's piece of shit self and Bernie was the problem in all of the prior hires and power struggles, so he finally dumped them to the a CEO that was a big man and had a huge pedigree, only to be fucked by him back.

Gilbert is far from a Dan Snyder....but then the sport really doesn't allow for any owner to be like Snyder is in the NFL.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
That_Guy™ wrote:He may make the choice, but doesn't it have to be approved by the other owners? I gotta think that the majority of the owners realize that a successful Brown's team will generate more for the league's coffers than what we have now. They've vetoed bad choices before (Rush Limbaugh), and they can do it again.

Stephen Ross.

Listen, I know that the norm of this site is to take any centrist comments I make and try to skew them into some kind of support simply because I haven't crucified the guy then set him on fire. There are literally TONS of owners that would be better. But Randy has made so many bad decisions in the past... at least he's not making the decisions any longer. To whom he sells would be one that HE would make, and I can just imagine the kind of douchebag he would choose.

I read somewhere yesterday that Randy's intention was to eventually sell the team back to the city in a Green Bay type situation, but I can't find it now. Let's set aside the unlikelihood of that for now... if he were to sell/give the team to the city of Cleveland, how does that work? Does the city sell shares to raise the funds? Who becomes the primary decision maker? A counsel?

City Ownership is no longer allowed in the NFL.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:52 pm

JCoz wrote:City Ownership is no longer allowed in the NFL.

Naturally.

Dare to dream, I guess.

If you dudes can spot me about a billion, I'll be happy to buy them and make you all partners. The new poker room at Berea will be epic.

Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

pup wrote:

He gets fucked in the ass because he allows himself to be fucked in the ass. There is a difference between someone standing in the draft room and ordering a pick and someone who is the god damn boss. If I leave my kids home alone for a few days, whose fault is it when I get home and the dog is covered in nail polish and the house looks like shit?

Your wife's aka Mike Holmgren.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Stephen Ross.

1. It is shocking to me you don't know the GB situation is no longer permitted. Check your "knowledable fan" papers.

2. The City of Cleveland has such a supurb history of running things. Christ, can we exume and frankenstein Stepien while we're at it?

Go back to reading teenie bopper kiddie death porn trash.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 pm

swerb wrote:Through 15 years of embarrassing misery, there has been one constant. Lerner.

All of this ^^^^^^^^

Every single fucking word.....and then some :thumb up:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

jb wrote:1. It is shocking to me you don't know the GB situation is no longer permitted. Check your "knowledable fan" papers.

2. The City of Cleveland has such a supurb history of running things. Christ, can we exume and frankenstein Stepien while we're at it?

1. Who ever said I was knowledgeable? Logical, yes. Non-hysterical, check. Knowledgeable? Meh.

2. Touche.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:1. It is shocking to me you don't know the GB situation is no longer permitted. Check your "knowledable fan" papers.

1. Who ever said I was knowledgeable? Logical, yes. Non-hysterical, check. Knowledgeable? Meh.

2. Touche.

Whose the idiot that saidyou were logical and non-hysterical? Keep that guy away from the front office. :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
JCoz wrote:City Ownership is no longer allowed in the NFL.

Naturally.

Dare to dream, I guess.

If you dudes can spot me about a billion, I'll be happy to buy them and make you all partners. The new poker room at Berea will be epic.

TV is too small, no stripper poles and there's not a poker table pictured in your poker room. I also see no bar or Wild Turkey fountain like there will be if I'm the majority owner.

Send cash and checks for the billion c/o Peeker643. A dollar for hiko is a dollar wasted.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

2. Touche.

Whose the idiot that saidyou were logical and non-hysterical? Keep that guy away from the front office. :lmfao:

Everyone says it. Everyone I meet. Tall, light, and non-hysterical.

Please for the love of God don't sell the team to the ButtHurt. We'll be changing coaches every week.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

2. Touche.

Everyone says it. Everyone I meet. Tall, light, and non-hysterical.

Please for the love of God don't sell the team to the ButtHurt. We'll be changing coaches every week.

I've met ya.

Shit, I actually like ya.

Never said any of that though. :hide: :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I actually and honestly think Randy is the best type of owner, guy opens up his check book and puts pure "football" talent in place to run the teams, be the Butch, Savage or Fat Fuck.

Blank check? LOL - Lerner having an open checkbook and spending money are nothing but urban legend and yet more bullshit shoved down the throats of fans. Guy is the accidental owner who consistently spends well under the cap.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Blank check? LOL - Lerner having an open checkbook and spending money are nothing but urban legend and yet more bullshit shoved down the throats of fans. Guy is the accidental owner who consistently spends well under the cap.

Well hard to tell what is RLs choices from the FAs. But the Lerner financial fortunes the past 4 years & the AV situation suggest Matt is closer to reality.

& Hiko makes an epic comeback with the Kickin Chicken fountain.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:54 am

mattvan1 wrote:

SD:

Think back the only time we spent money and massaged the cap , like contenders do , we made our "loan" playoff run for Al lerner as he died .

With fools buying tickets win or lose , the Browns ownership has operated like the Pirates who have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball , yet earn a $30 million dollar profit a year .

With parity and minimums unlike baseball the Browns and Bengals can't siphon that much off the team operating expenses , however a poster named lbsouth who has been beating the drum over this issue provided info which shows the Browns cap savings over a ten year span equates to $100,000,000.00 in cash the Browns have pocketed while remaining under the cap since that one year abberation when they consciously spent to get better.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Yall that hate on Dolan can talk however much you want, but when, ever has Randy not offered the most to his appointed one's FA.

Blame Butch... Phill and Fat Fuck.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:03 pm

And I don't think any of yall has ever hired anyone. I fucked up last round and got playyyyyyyed. I have to wait for her to do herself in because, well reality.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And I don't think any of yall has ever hired anyone. I fucked up last round and got playyyyyyyed. I have to wait for her to do herself in because, well reality.

Ha! Idiot.

Document, document, document.

Enjoy HR's input and bullshit. Precisely why I got away from managing at Progressive.

Understand you'll never fire her. You'll 'performance manage' her and document her every misstep while she sends out resumes and ultimately leaves before you get the pleasure.

Let me know if that ain't EXACTLY how it plays out.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And I don't think any of yall has ever hired anyone. I fucked up last round and got playyyyyyyed. I have to wait for her to do herself in because, well reality.

So you got bent once by a hire.

If you get bent on every hire and decision you make, it won't be the people you hire that are looking for jobs, it will be you.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:10 pm

SD:

Not only would you be wrong as per usuall .

You would be one of the many who I had to send down the road before 10 oclock coffee break , after a mere two hours of seeing them in action as addition by subtraction.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 pm

lol

I've hired guys and fired them after 4 hrs

I've had them leave for lunch and never come back....not even for their 4 hrs pay

I broke some younf kid who claimed to be a GG boxer...solid as a rock he was... ran 10 miles yadda yadda

I broke his ass in one day

Old school, baby...back when you had to prove your worth before you collected it

I pity you...the world is filled with lazy entitled prima donnas

Moi....I started gettin SS 2 months ago...

PS Thanks for the meds
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Ha! Idiot.

Enjoy HR's input and bullshit. Precisely why I got away from managing at Progressive.

Understand you'll never fire her. You'll 'performance manage' her and document her every misstep while she sends out resumes and ultimately leaves before you get the pleasure.

Or, you could get the situation I had. We hired a female for the position. One week in, it was obvious she could not perform the job.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Being female had nothing to do with her success or failure.

Starting the second week, I (A low level manager) recommended we cut ties with said female because we were spending a good hour every day fixing her mistakes and she wasn't learning. Mid level Management wanted to give her another week to see if stuff started "clicking."

Cue another low level manager finding a document on the printer with notes that only could be the beginnings of a sexual harrassment lawsuit. We immediately recommend to upper management she be let go immediately, we already had enough documentation to back it up.

Upper Level Management's response: If we fire her, she'll sue.
My reply: If we don't fire her, she will sue us anyway, except now she'll have more opportunity to take innocent statements and recast them as sexual harrassment.

End result: One manager (who was a complete idiot) framed and fired. Two other managers fired. Myself and the other manager who discovered the document protected ourselves adequately and kept our jobs. Upper Level management idiot subsequently forced both of us out after the fact because we "didn't have his back" while he was trying to stab us in ours.

Moral of the story: I tell very long-winded stories.
justmebd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 pm

justmebd wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Ha! Idiot.

Or, you could get the situation I had. We hired a female for the position. One week in, it was obvious she could not perform the job.

Starting the second week, I (A low level manager) recommended we cut ties with said female because we were spending a good hour every day fixing her mistakes and she wasn't learning. Mid level Management wanted to give her another week to see if stuff started "clicking."

Cue another low level manager finding a document on the printer with notes that only could be the beginnings of a sexual harrassment lawsuit. We immediately recommend to upper management she be let go immediately, we already had enough documentation to back it up.

My reply: If we don't fire her, she will sue us anyway, except now she'll have more opportunity to take innocent statements and recast them as sexual harrassment.

End result: One manager (who was a complete idiot) framed and fired. Two other managers fired. Myself and the other manager who discovered the document protected ourselves adequately and kept our jobs. Upper Level management idiot subsequently forced both of us out after the fact because we "didn't have his back" while he was trying to stab us in ours.

You fucked her, didn't you.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:25 pm

I had the final say in a firing, and technically wasn't his authoritative superior, he went to Ignatius.

Moral of the story: I went to Ed's.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
justmebd wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Ha! Idiot.

You fucked her, didn't you.

HA!!!

That bitch was Old and Fugly. The silver lining to the story is even though the company caved and gave her a settlement, she was so deep in debt that after the attorney took his cut, she STILL didn't have enough money to climb out of the hole she had dug herself into, and as part of the settlement agreement, she no longer had a job.

Last I heard she was in a bad way and I couldn't have been happier. One of three people I have met I always wish bad things on. The one guy who lost his job just for being a male in the department ended up trying to commit suicide because of her.
justmebd

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL