Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Playoffs

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA Playoffs

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 am

^ christ
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 am

Oh yeh, here's a good tweet from the fat boy:

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
There's some reasons why I won't get into but Wade & James not going to podium after last 2 losses is not a good look.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 am

As was stated by everyone and anyone that writes about the NBA, those two makin Bosh the sacrificial podium lamb is hilarious and telling all at the same time.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 am

very typical and classic Windy though..."some reasons I won't get into"....guy is aweseome when it comes to ambiguous open references leaving the reader wanting to know more. He never seems to close the loop but is great at opening it.

It's the elbow, Delonte and Gloria...."lots more to know" and someday I'll tell you inuendo.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 am

Well, dude's been writing a book since the day he found doughnuts.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 am

Don't know about you but I'm highly certain I would buy the book.

He's great at planting the scandalous seed. leaving it open and wording it in such a way that he stays out of trouble with LBJ, Wade, etc..

Are the "reasons" he refers to reasons why not going to the podium looks bad? If so, meh, who cares and it's too obvious that it looks bad.

I give Windy more credit than writing something so obvious.

I think he wants the reader to interpret it that there are multiple reasons they didn't go to the podium...they lost so there's that obvious reason..but I think he is really wanting the reader to ask what are the other reasons? Are they pissed at Spo, are they pissed at each other, ...?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he is a really talented writer and he seems to write in a way that there are often two clear ways to interpret his statements. I think he does it on purpose to make the reader wonder but to also give him an out if someone calls him on it. He can just say, "I didn't mean it like that"

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:32 am

Windy will right a book. Hell, he probably already has a rough draft. But it's too early to burn that bridge. He can't get too uppity while LeBron is still paying his rent.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am

What a sloppy game by both sides, yet I couldn't change the channel.

How many times is Pierce going to continue to make a big shot over LBJ in the playoffs?

Battier trying to play the part of bad ass and failing

KG making up reasons to play big (too old) ala Jordan.

Mike Miller needs to be taken out of the rotation and James Jones needs to see more minutes

Shuttlesworth has yet to light it up from outside.

Wade has yet to have a stellar shooting night

Rondo shot like, well Rondo yet dished out 13 dimes and out hustled the entire Heat team at times (aside from Cole picking his pocket)

Haslem looks lost and Bosh is slow in his rotations in his limited time on the court.

Rivers giving Spo a coaching clinic this series.

Hollins and Sasha keeping that bench warm and playing the role of M.L. Carr.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Mike Miller needs to be taken out of the rotation and James Jones needs to see more minutes

I keep going back to J.R. Smith and Wilson Chandler being available and neither landing in Miami.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 am

Then you didn't watch JR Smith play this year...

He was miserable.

And Chandler was an RFA, not exactly an easy grab.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am

Woj yard:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-lebron-james-experiment-teeters-on-collapse--erik-spoelstra-reveals-heat-s-softness.html

"We played good enough to give ourselves a chance to win," James said. "That's all you can ask for."

In what universe is that all the NBA's three-time Most Valuable Player can ask for? To play well enough for a chance to win?
Last edited by jb on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Well, dude's been writing a book since the day he found doughnuts.

That or his Popeyes was ready at the counter.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Rivers giving Spo a coaching clinic this series.

Q: let's say that Spo tried to run those D schemes.

Would the knucleheads bother?
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:21 am

Spo is looking like Mike Brown in letting the other coach dictate what he wants his team to do. Reactive rather than proactive isn't going to help you win games, especially when your team is the odds on favorite. Looks and sounds like spring of 2010 except the favorites are wearing black and red rather than wine and gold.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The TImber Puppies are my second favorite team in the West. I can't promise you anything in terms of rings, but that team was my top team to watch this year... AMAZINGLY fun and K-Love is the greatest fat white dude hope in sports since David Wells ate some dude. Him and Rubio together, they never, ever let you down.

They may be my team next year.

I can promise you this, following them is nothing like following the Cavs has been as long as I've been alive. It's not Brad and Price nor is it LBJ, but it is pretty damn awesome in its own right.

Drafting well will do that.....

Really trying to not be a dick here, but "they may be your team next year"...depends on how they start, if OK doesn't get it done this year...? Sounds like a lot of front runnin, just seems strange, not shocking.

JB: agreed, never heard MJ, Larry Legend, nor Kobe or Duncan say "as long as we have a chance to win". Anymore the guy is too worried about perception and his words, and hence he gets it wrong most times.

Just give yourselves a chance to catch that 1am flight out of Logan International come Friday.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

FUDU wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:The TImber Puppies are my second favorite team in the West. I can't promise you anything in terms of rings, but that team was my top team to watch this year... AMAZINGLY fun and K-Love is the greatest fat white dude hope in sports since David Wells ate some dude. Him and Rubio together, they never, ever let you down.

I can promise you this, following them is nothing like following the Cavs has been as long as I've been alive. It's not Brad and Price nor is it LBJ, but it is pretty damn awesome in its own right.

Really trying to not be a dick here, but "they may be your team next year"...depends on how they start, if OK doesn't get it done this year...? Sounds like a lot of front runnin, just seems strange, not shocking.

JB: agreed, never heard MJ, Larry Legend, nor Kobe or Duncan say "as long as we have a chance to win". Anymore the guy is too worried about perception and his words, and hence he gets it wrong most times.

Just give yourselves a chance to catch that 1am flight out of Logan International come Friday.

I'll give Eye this credit.Hhe's not talking about W's and L's. He's talking interest. Sort of how the Bucks were for him 2 sesons ago. It's not front runnin' in the sense you think of the 38 year old ass hat wearing a Palamaulu jersey in Strongsville mall. He's not that kind of fan. he's taliking about following a team wathcing them grow and gel in the sense that one might follow a minor league baseball propsect.

Life is one big AAU tourney to Bron. He's never been on a real "team" in his life. Clsesst, sadly, was the cavs. He doesn't get it and never will. War: Roger Bacon.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Spo is looking like Mike Brown in letting the other coach dictate what he wants his team to do. Reactive rather than proactive isn't going to help you win games, especially when your team is the odds on favorite. Looks and sounds like spring of 2010 except the favorites are wearing black and red rather than wine and gold.

The Heat are uncoachable for anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with "Jackson" with the full faith and credit of the team president.

Spo: OK, we're going to work on tyhis scheme where it looks like zone but it is really man. In case we get in a tight spot we'll pull it out like Rocky going southpaw.

D-wade: F U. Give me the rock if they score and Bron you iso in case I need to kick.
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

The only thing surprising in LeBron's statement is that he didn't say "My greatness gives us a chance to win every night, and that's all you can ask for."
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:40 am

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I'll give Eye this credit.Hhe's not talking about W's and L's. He's talking interest. Sort of how the Bucks were for him 2 sesons ago. It's not front runnin' in the sense you think of the 38 year old ass hat wearing a Palamaulu jersey in Strongsville mall. He's not that kind of fan. he's taliking about following a team wathcing them grow and gel in the sense that one might follow a minor league baseball propsect.

Life is one big AAU tourney to Bron. He's never been on a real "team" in his life. Clsesst, sadly, was the cavs. He doesn't get it and never will. War: Roger Bacon.

I now he's followed their core players, and the growth of the team, but it just comes across as dooshi frontn, but then again it's 023.

I hate to harp on this, I know it all sounds a bit crazy, but IF LeBron were to end up back in CTown, is that what it would take for him and the Cleveland fan base to rid themselves of their respective demons. Exonerate him from his egotestical gutlessness and pardon us from our hateful ways and bitterness from the beat down of losing our whole lives?
Last edited by FUDU on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:40 am

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 am

^^^Nice
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 am

jb wrote:The Heat are uncoachable for anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with "Jackson" with the full faith and credit of the team president.

Which is why the Zenmaster won't be touching this job with a ten foot pole, not as long as the team owner and/or the team president insist his job description be 'doormat'.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:48 am

I thought Spo did a terrific job last night monitoring Bosh's minutes.

I think Bosh was able to get in a 10k after the game and there was no way that would have been possible had he played when the game mattered. At least his offensive rebounding wasn't needed in the fourth when the Heat Other Three went crazy with scoring.

Really, if everyone else on the floor other than Wade, Bosh and LBJ would have been something like 8/27 then Spo might be catching some shit for either the sets he put the team in or the sets that basically are "Run LeBron or Wade iso and pray to Christ they hit ridiculous shots".

Another good night for coach Spo and that solid supporting cast. :clap:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 am

In today's world I can't believe there isn't an app that let's Spo call "his" sets from Van Michaels while sipping a Mojito.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 pm

No FUDU, you dumb cunt, it's about following a sport on the whole instead of tying my dick to Tristan Thompson, Alonzo Gee and Dan Gilbert's lips on the nightly.

Following Love and Rubio is something that is really enjoyable to watch on the nightly and a team you can easily cheer for...

I watch games for pure enjoyment and could really give two shits who is playing in them and I know the T-Wolves will be at or near the top of the enjoyment rankings next year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm

The "Good Job, Good Effort" meme is taking over the ether. It's the first meme that I can ever remember seeing happen in real time and knowing it was going to be a thing.

Good times.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Oh and I don't really care who wins the title either. Won't be no tear shed here if The Heat win six in a row from here on out.... so yeah, obviously I'm just front runnin to jack up them title banners
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:I thought Spo did a terrific job last night monitoring Bosh's minutes.

I think Bosh was able to get in a 10k after the game and there was no way that would have been possible had he played when the game mattered. At least his offensive rebounding wasn't needed in the fourth when the Heat Other Three went crazy with scoring.

Really, if everyone else on the floor other than Wade, Bosh and LBJ would have been something like 8/27 then Spo might be catching some shit for either the sets he put the team in or the sets that basically are "Run LeBron or Wade iso and pray to Christ they hit ridiculous shots".

Another good night for coach Spo and that solid supporting cast. :clap:

SD:

Have to agree it was an awesome effort for a coach severly handicapped by the fact he hasn't a clue .

Butt they really tried hard a couple of times and we were so close there and thats what counts .

All is well :)

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No FUDU, you dumb cunt, it's about following a sport on the whole instead of tying my dick to Tristan Thompson, Alonzo Gee and Dan Gilbert's lips on the nightly.

Following Love and Rubio is something that is really enjoyable to watch on the nightly and a team you can easily cheer for...

I watch games for pure enjoyment and could really give two shits who is playing in them and I know the T-Wolves will be at or near the top of the enjoyment rankings next year.

SD:

Do they have a message board .

How is it that you would deprive them of the priveledge of sorting through your pearls of wisdom that you deem fit to grace us with .

Its just not fair to your new team for their number one fan to be so selfish.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:43 pm

jb wrote:Woj yard:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-lebron-james-experiment-teeters-on-collapse--erik-spoelstra-reveals-heat-s-softness.html

"We played good enough to give ourselves a chance to win," James said. "That's all you can ask for."

In what universe is that all the NBA's three-time Most Valuable Player can ask for? To play well enough for a chance to win?

SD:

"Oz didn't give nothin to the Tin Man"

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

motherscratcher wrote:The only thing surprising in LeBron's statement is that he didn't say "My greatness gives us a chance to win every night, and that's all you can ask for, and you all are spoiled basterds. You're lucky I even perform for you. Leave me alooooooooone."

^^^^^

Fixed
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:51 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

I never figured you for a 70's Cali soft adult contemporary fan.

Maybe old Kool & the gang and early Commodores....

BTW - You goin to EWF Sunday?
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 pm

FUDU wrote:, but it just comes across as dooshi frontn, but then again it's 023.

Well, yeah, there's that Truth.
jb

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

On the nightly.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

I never figured you for a 70's Cali soft adult contemporary fan.

Maybe old Kool & the gang and early Commodores....

BTW - You goin to EWF Sunday?

SD:

Don't think you can use an easier reference when it comes to describing some chumps who have no fuckin heart , so it was like using Big Crayons .

Even the Village people had catchy tunes , without referencing intent , hell school teachers and kids could whistle the lyrics .

and I wouldn't mind Patsy Cline and Lorreta Lynn pining and mooning over me in none of themsongs neither , so to me art is art .

Can't tell ya what era or if its modern contemporary or pop , but just if i like it or not.

The Funkadelics playing Maggott Brain in full regala , just has to be seen , like the Pyramids , the pictures don't due it justice .

Once I get my new hip , I'm looking forward to checking out Swerbs Golfing outing next year
during my comeback , negative on the EWF , already scheduled back and forth to hells kitchen much of the summer , Raven country U.S.A.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
The Funkadelics playing Maggott Brain in full regala , just has to be seen , like the Pyramids , the pictures don't due it justice .

SoulDawg

Yeah, I'd imagine that would be a hell of a thing to see.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:17 pm

I always talk about how the homeless people in Baltimore froth at the mouth unlike the homeless people anywhere else due to the incomprehensible amount of crack they've hit up over the year.

I'm 99.99999% sure SD froths at the mouth the same way.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 am

http://joeposnanski.blogspot.com/2012/06/lebron-talk.html

Woah.

I just think he likes playing basketball. He likes dunking, likes running a player down and blocking shots from behind, likes throwing beautiful passes through tiny cracks of air that only he and maybe Rajon Rondo can see. I think it means LeBron sees basketball as a chance to display his wonderful talents. It’s a game to him in a way that it probably wasn’t to Jordan or Magic or Bird. They obviously liked it when the game got hard. LeBron might like it but it sure doesn’t look that way. Dragging that sorry team around in Cleveland for so long while trying to win a championship for a hometown that hasn’t won anything since ’64; LeBron was eager to head down to South Beach, join other great players who might make some game-winning shots, and just play ball again.

Puts Bristol on blast epically.

I ended up watching a few minutes of ESPN’s pre-game show and watched with awe as they went around the table and all four panelists picked the Heat. I’m not saying any of them should have picked the Celtics to change things up -- though that might have made for, you know, actually interesting television -- but I am wondering why they would go to each person individually to have them say exactly the same thing. They couldn’t just say something like, “OK, is anyone here brave or crazy enough to pick the Celtics?” and then condensed their identical picks into one cohesive segment. Instead they went around the table like there was drama involved:

“I think Miami is awesome. They will win. What do you think?”

“Well, I hate to disagree with you, but I think Miami is formidable and fearsome. They will win.”

“Look, both of y’all are wrong. Miami is stunning and magnificent. They will win big.”

“OK, well, I guess I have to be the one then. I say the Heat are awe-inspiring, dazzling, glorious, impressive, majestic, monumental, striking and superb. The Celtics might as well not even show up.”*

*This little production led to one of my favorite moments of the year so far, when the game ended and the ESPN crew savaged the Heat for being a bunch of poorly coached losers who have no team chemistry and have no idea how to win big games. At least Magic apologized for his pick first.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I always talk about how the homeless people in Baltimore froth at the mouth unlike the homeless people anywhere else due to the incomprehensible amount of crack they've hit up over the year.

Your confusing SD w/ yourself when the subject is TT.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am

ESPN's pregame and half-game crew is the worst crew in sports, which is hilarious when you consider that TNT is the best... easily in all of sports.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

The beauty of Posnanski is in that article.

He said absolutely nothing original, creative, new or that hasn't been said here or by posters here elsewhere a million times.

LBJ is gifted and wants things easy and ESPN/Windhorst are pathetic fucking Heat whores.

But the way he says it is better than anyone else.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:LBJ is gifted and wants things easy and ESPN/Windhorst are pathetic fucking Heat whores.

I think Pos missed the last mile. James had no problem going into 'fark you' mode from '07 through '09, and its pretty much a given that he had given up on the Cavs in '10 because he knew our chances weren't great and he already had Miami on his mind. So why has the only time he's had a performance like that in the past two years was last Sunday against the Pacers? Why doesn't he like to embrace his inner Jordan?

And then I go back to the talk about James always wanting to be liked. In Cleveland, everyone from Gilbert on down knew he was The Guy. There weren't any dinged feelings if he went Video Game James and everybody else was left at the bus stop. In Miami, that's not the case. The only time he's gone video game was with Bosh in street clothes and Wade gimping his way through some godawful performances. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I'm guessing its not that its too hard for James to take over the game because the other team is hanging tough, its more that it might be because he can't live with Wade (and maybe Bosh) pouting in the back seat.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:ESPN's pregame and half-game crew is the worst crew in sports, which is hilarious when you consider that TNT is the best... easily in all of sports.

This is fact.

I wish TNT was able to cover the finals in some respect.

Maybe the Turner/CBS Sports deal for March Madness will extend to all aports, and they'll be able to make a deal with the NBA.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I always talk about how the homeless people in Baltimore froth at the mouth unlike the homeless people anywhere else due to the incomprehensible amount of crack they've hit up over the year.

SD:

You and bron bron share the same trait ,.

Never can count either of you in on 100% of nothin.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 pm

OKC beats either Boston or Miami right?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Funniest thing about the ESPN crew on Tuesday wasn't the pre-game that Pos pointed out, it was the pre-game AND post game. Look at those comments those guys made, then 2 and a half hours later every God Damned one of them went 180. Broussard saying the team "isn't built to win big in this league," Wilbon with the "one on one basketball" take, and Barry, after lauding the Heat defense all year, including before the game stated, "The Heat just don't have anything they can hang their hats on..."

Absolutely classic - and par for the course.

Any NBA fan or NFL fan that watches pre-game shows is doing themselves a diservice.

Pre-game show for every NFL Game:

Let's look at the keys for this game-

Announcer 1 - Gonna boil down to match-ups....

Announcer 2 - This game is gonna be decided in the trenches....

Announcer 3 - The key will be turnovers...

Every. God. Damn. Game.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Not Boston's night. Back to Miami for game 7.

Video game James in the hizzy
jb

Unread postby comish » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Not over yet, JB..doesn't look good, but it aint over
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 am

Just hoping LBJ really fell in love with his jumper tonight and continues to shoot them in game 7... bringing back the LeSettle monicker that we had come to know. Of course, I hope he misses a bunch of the LeJs.

Boston missed a lot of easy shots and a bunch of midrange relatively easy jumpers as well... shots you're used to seeing Boston make. Add in a bunch of TOs.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA