Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Draft lottery

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Draft lottery

Unread postby Spin » Wed May 30, 2012 8:19 pm

We draft fourth.

Who will be there? Who do ya want?

1st pick to N'olins
2nd pick to Charlotte
3rd pick to the Wiz
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Draft lottery

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed May 30, 2012 8:26 pm

MY DICK JUST MOVED.

IT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED!!!!!!!
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh Man, if watching Javale McGee and Andre Blatche... er I mean Drummond and Tristan run around the court like a couple of special needs students doesn't run Kyrie off the second his contract is up nothing will......

Fuck you Dan Gilbert, that was karmic backlash for being a cocksucker that whores his kid out annually.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed May 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Nah bruh, it'll go Davis, Robinson, MKG, then Beal to Cleveland.

Gonna have the best young backcourt in the league next year. Beal is the next closest to a sure thing after Davis.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

You and Rich are the only people I have seen anywhere in the entire universe that seem to think Robinson will go in the top three.

I mean nary a Scout in the universe.

And had Beal shot as well last year as he was supposed to he would be the next closest to a sure thing, but he didn't and MKG is far more you know exactly what you are getting. Beal is going to be legit and has a great all around game, but his three point shot wasn't on last year (for the first time in his life).

BTW: Had the Cavs lost that coin flip to New Orleans they would have had Davis...
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Cant be too pissed about it; still a great peice coming at the 4th. Plus a decent role player at the end of the 1st round
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Cant be too pissed about it; still a great peice coming at the 4th. Plus a decent role player at the end of the 1st round

Robinson and Barnes are decent roll players....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed May 30, 2012 9:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
BTW: Had the Cavs lost that coin flip to New Orleans they would have had Davis...

Thank you sir, may I have another.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

Thank you sir, may I have another.

dude was wearing an 86 broncos hat as well.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby furls » Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Sorry to hear about the 4th pick, looks like this draft gets pretty mediocre after the top 3. Hopefully someone "Dan Gilberts" this thing and picks Barnes or some other schmuck at 2 or 3. The Bobcats might be dumb enough.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed May 30, 2012 9:21 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Fuck you Dan Gilbert, that was karmic backlash for being a cocksucker that whores his kid out annually.

Obviously he should've sent Jami Turman.
Last edited by Madre Hill, Superstar on Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm

5-7 is really where it gets rough, cause you will have at least some pressure to consider Drummond. That bastard is gonna bust big time. Cavs are gonna get a nice piece at 4.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 pm

I know you keep ignoring me, but Drummond showing up to his work-out this week down 22 pounds and looking like a freak has him firmly in top three consideration... as every dumb as GM out there is thinking to himself "if we can get him motivated..."

And Barnes... meh... Robinson... meh. Unless Drummond works his way into the top three this is the worst spot to be in a draft that is anything but elite and is extremely deep.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I know you keep ignoring me, but Drummond showing up to his work-out this week down 22 pounds and looking like a freak has him firmly in top three consideration... as every dumb as GM out there is thinking to himself "if we can get him motivated..

Idk, maybe you're right. Very high ceiling no doubt, and teams stretch every year, but I just can't see anyone getting that fucker in gear after he lines up that signing bonus. It's going to be interesting to see how his career turns out.

Also - Wiz have to go MKG at 2, right?

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby andrew6586 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I know you keep ignoring me, but Drummond showing up to his work-out this week down 22 pounds and looking like a freak has him firmly in top three consideration... as every dumb as GM out there is thinking to himself "if we can get him motivated..

Idk, maybe you're right. Very high ceiling no doubt, and teams stretch every year, but I just can't see anyone getting that fucker in gear after he lines up that signing bonus. It's going to be interesting to see how his career turns out.

Wiz have 3 but yes, I do believe MKG goes two anyway.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 pm

You're banned.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:

The only wildcards in all of this are Drummond and MJ for some reason getting a boner for Robinson, which would be silly, but he is MJ.

And I despise Drummond, I just know the history of NBA GMs.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby idoctribefan » Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 am

This draft lottery is so rigged.....

Dear Mr. Benson,

Please buy the New Orleans Hornets. If you do, we'll totally make it worth your while.

Love,
David Stern et. al

P.S..........We realize that we traded away your franchise player in Chris Paul....but seriously, we will totally make this purchase worth it for you. SERIOUSLY.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:32 am

idoctribefan wrote:This draft lottery is so rigged.....

Dear Mr. Benson,

Please buy the New Orleans Hornets. If you do, we'll totally make it worth your while.

Love,
David Stern et. al

P.S..........We realize that we traded away your franchise player in Chris Paul....but seriously, we will totally make this purchase worth it for you. SERIOUSLY.

SD:

Rack yourself , don't know which was rigged worse the obvious fix for the Hornets and screwing us out of the top three or that lousy heat game where Wade kicked Garnett in the kneee and raked Rondo's face and didn't get arrested for assualt in overtime.
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 31, 2012 1:24 am

Who gave him permission to leave the Browns forum. Cavs get Beal. Chalk it up right now.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 am

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

EXACTLY what I was thinking.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby pup » Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

SD:

Rack yourself , don't know which was rigged worse the obvious fix for the Hornets and screwing us out of the top three or that lousy heat game where Wade kicked Garnett in the kneee and raked Rondo's face and didn't get arrested for assualt in overtime.

Us getting screwed was simply collateral damage, not part of the plan. We got our evens up last year, New Orleans this year, Orlando next year. If those damn Nuggets would have rolled over and died like these other franchises, the waiting list would be a little longer.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 am

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

C'mon man, yall turned the 8 slot into Kyrie Irving last year. < 3% chance of hitting. It happens.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby idoctribefan » Thu May 31, 2012 11:28 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

C'mon man, yall turned the 8 slot into Kyrie Irving last year. < 3% chance of hitting. It happens.

I'm not saying the Cavs got screwed or anything like that. I think it was rigged for us to win it in 2003 and 2011.

"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/5/30/3054073/the-peoples-court
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

SD:

Us getting screwed was simply collateral damage, not part of the plan. We got our evens up last year, New Orleans this year, Orlando next year. If those damn Nuggets would have rolled over and died like these other franchises, the waiting list would be a little longer.

SD:

Yeah it really wasn't a an AK spray which hit the babies Cribb or nothin , just like finding out there is no such thing as Santa though , when hitting the lottery dreams of Davis paired with Kyrie went up in smoke Poof ! and its over.

Ain't no shame in the NBA game , bale us out with a $350 million dollar purchase and you will get rewarded .

Quid pro quo and old fashioned corruption really does warm your your cockles in a quaint sort of way ,some practices are still sacred , and secure from the politically correct.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Dear Mr. Benson,

Love,
David Stern et. al

SD:

SD:

Yeah it really wasn't a an AK spray which hit the babies Cribb or nothin , just like finding out there is no such thing as Santa though , when hitting the lottery dreams of Davis paired with Kyrie went up in smoke Poof ! and its over.

Ain't no shame in the NBA game , bale us out with a $350 million dollar purchase and you will get rewarded .

Quid pro quo and old fashioned corruption really does warm your your cockles in a quaint sort of way ,some practices are still sacred , and secure from the politically correct.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Woj goes all Yahoo sensationalist on the topic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 20531.html
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

Wow, twice.

The NBA invites this by not making it transparent. Simple. It reminds me of the Obama birth certificate thing.

Heard the PD Cavalier lady on the radio this am. She was present when the lottery was conducted, and vouched for the legitimacy.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:17 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Woj goes all Yahoo sensationalist on the topic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 20531.html

SD:

Perception unfortunately is bigger than reality .

"""It takes Hitler to tell ya how the power of a lie far outstrips the truth ""

The NBA couldn't have fucked this up worse from a PR standpoint .

They have to make this public and end the speculation.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Yep, tons of fans aren't going to watch the Finals now because raving lunatics like you told them it was fixed on the interwebs... POWER TO THE PEOPLE

They survived the lock-out with increased TV and attendance numbers, surely this will crumble the empire........ POWER TO THE PEOPLE
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm

Gawd I miss SD talking about QBs.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yep, tons of fans aren't going to watch the Finals now because raving lunatics like you told them it was fixed on the interwebs... POWER TO THE PEOPLE

They survived the lock-out with increased TV and attendance numbers, surely this will crumble the empire........ POWER TO THE PEOPLE

SD:

Controversy sells , but even Sterns dictatorship has limits , the leagues control over the
Hornets will end as Benson steps in , but the chaffed asses of the other pardners will still be there.

Even Hitler who was all powerful had 27 attempts they know about on his life , this one could signal the end of the all powerful Stern combined with other things .

There is no love in Laker land for the king after fucking them out of a ring , while Charlotte has a buy one get a year free season ticket sale drive to bolster that floundering rotting fishhead in Wake of missing on Davis .

Too many weak teams , and too long a time to turn misfortune around on floundering franchises under the current draft system as things are presently constructed will inevitably cause change .

Nobody wants to see the bleak landscape before Bird and Magic breathed life back into the corpse , which will happen if fan bases lose hope they have a chance and things aren't up to hoil.

If 80% of people surveyed believe thre was some shady shit that transpired , it hardly matters if it aint true and evrybody is as innocent as the virgin Mary .

The perception that there was a fix rules over any evidence to the contrary .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm

FUDU wrote:Gawd I miss SD talking about QBs.

SD:

Don't worry , I'm re doing some of my notes in Big Crayons and pictures ,so you won't have to bother your mom to read em to ya when you stumble over the big words , .

You can just look at the pictures and practice your phonics.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:34 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:Even Hitler who was all powerful had 27 attempts they know about on his life , this one could signal the end of the all powerful Stern combined with other things .

There is no love in Laker land for the king after fucking them out of a ring , while Charlotte has a buy one get a year free season ticket sale drive to bolster that floundering rotting fishhead in Wake of missing on Davis .

I don't know what is more ridiculous - the theory that the draft lottery will have any impact on Stern's job, or that the strength of the Charlotte Bobcats as a franchise has even the tiniest bit of impact on the NBA as a whole.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Even Hitler who was all powerful had 27 attempts they know about on his life , this one could signal the end of the all powerful Stern combined with other things .

I don't know what is more ridiculous - the theory that the draft lottery will have any impact on Stern's job, or that the strength of the Charlotte Bobcats as a franchise has even the tiniest bit of impact on the NBA as a whole.

SD:

Good to see yo can focus no further than your own nose .

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link , which is why the NBA moved quickly to shore up Norlens , and if the landscape doesn't chage in Charlotte they are next , as MJ makes the Mike Brown ownership look like moddle amongst owners copared to his inept stewardship .

Stern is as popular as Goodell is with the NFLPA , but Butt Goodell is solidly backed by his ownership , and Stern is simarily backed , however once he erodes that base , he's done ,

Ace to ass doesn't have all that many stairs inbetween , and that fall from grace is often sudden unexpected and usually precipitated by the smallest events which become an untenable position from seemingly nowhere about nothing..

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:42 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Even Hitler who was all powerful had 27 attempts they know about on his life , this one could signal the end of the all powerful Stern combined with other things .

SoulDawg

Wikipedia wrote:Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies[1][2]) is an observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990[2] that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[2][3] In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes some comparison to Hitler and the Nazis.

e0y2e3 wrote:raving lunatic
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA