Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs pick #4

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs pick #4

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu May 31, 2012 10:26 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
I can't imagine after a year of watching him play that anyone in the Cavs org sees TT as anything BUT a future replacement for Andy. Athletic big who can rebound and will play solid defense, but needs scoring around them to offset the inadequacies.

Really? You can't imagine anything but a pure PF replacing a C who has 3" and 35 lbs on him? Varejao is one of the best defensive Bigs in the game. TT is.... TT.

:bunny:

I was comparing them as high motor guys, who at least potentially (in TT's case) can be plus defenders, and who have limited offensive skill sets. I'm not sure that TT will be any better than AV is now at putting the ball in the hoop, so the peices are relatively interchangeable in my mind. I think that TT replaces AV in the 2013-2014 season, and i'm ok with that.

I didn't mean it as an insult to AV.....just as a measure of what I expect from TT's ceiling. Either way, you need to get a big that can pass out of the low post and score if you are going to keep defenses honest, and those kind of guys are very difficult to find.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 31, 2012 10:27 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:The Wizards backcourt is set for the next decade. They are NOT taking Beal at 3.

They are looking for character and toughness in a big and will be sending their Thomas Robinson pick in before David Stern finishes saying MKG's name at 2 for the 'Cats... or they'll trade the pick to a team desperate for backcourt help in exchange for a young solid big man.

How about this...The Cavs trade TT for the 3rd pick even up. If the Wizards are looking for big men, it'd be tough to pass up a chance at an athletic young inside force who has already been named to the All NBA rookie second team.

Then if we package the #4,24,33 picks to New Orleans we can come out of this draft with Davis and Beal. I'd even throw in next year's second and Ryan Hollins if necessary.

I don't know about you, but a Irving/Davis/Beal nucleus looks pretty damn special.

Get it done Danny Ferry.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 am

....and honestly, my hope is that Charlotte/DC see the same logic, because I'd prefer to get a more "sure thing" player in Beal or MKG and try for the big later. Will be happy with Robinson, though.....either way the team gets better.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 am

motherscratcher wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:The Wizards backcourt is set for the next decade. They are NOT taking Beal at 3.

They are looking for character and toughness in a big and will be sending their Thomas Robinson pick in before David Stern finishes saying MKG's name at 2 for the 'Cats... or they'll trade the pick to a team desperate for backcourt help in exchange for a young solid big man.

How about this...The Cavs trade TT for the 3rd pick even up. If the Wizards are looking for big men, it'd be tough to pass up a chance at an athletic young inside force who has already been named to the All NBA rookie second team.

Then if we package the #4,24,33 picks to New Orleans we can come out of this draft with Davis and Beal. I'd even throw in next year's second and Ryan Hollins if necessary.

I don't know about you, but a Irving/Davis/Beal nucleus looks pretty damn special.

Get it done Danny Ferry.

Hollins is in Boston but other than that I think other GMs would salivate at that. You should be the next Cavs GM. You crap gold, sir. Pure gold ;-) ;) :wink:
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 am

John Wall is the face of that team and the Wizards have shown they will do anything to save his career. They already rid themselves of half the toxicity in McGee and Young, and now have just the dead weight of Blatche and Rashard. A starting 5 of Wall/Crawford/Singleton/Robinson/Nene, with Booker as the 1st big off the bench and one of the millions of swingmen in this draft taken at 32 as the 6th man, plus anything from Vesely = solid team straight off the bat.

(Disclaimer: I love Crawford's game. Kid could create his own shot from the 1st time he stepped on an NBA floor. Whether you like him as much as I do or not, they are fine in the backcourt. )

Beal would just complicate matters for a team rounding in to shape. Barring a Wizards trade, Beal will be a Cav.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 am

andrew6586 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Get it done Danny Ferry.

Hollins is in Boston but other than that I think other GMs would salivate at that.

Ummm...the Cavs didn't make the playoffs. Their season is over so what difference does it make where Hollins spends his offseason?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 am

... or they'll trade the pick to a team desperate for backcourt help in exchange for a young solid big man.

OMG... As I read this I had an immediate flashback of the Browns' TR pick. The Wizards shop the #3 pick and grab us by the balls and tell us if you want Beal or MKG, you'll have to trade up to get him... Aaaargh!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 am

OldDawg wrote:
... or they'll trade the pick to a team desperate for backcourt help in exchange for a young solid big man.

OMG... As I read this I had an immediate flashback of the Browns' TR pick. The Wizards shop the #3 pick and grab us by the balls and tell us if you want Beal or MKG, you'll have to trade up to get him... Aaaargh!!

Actually, that probably wouldn't be too bad. At least they'd have a chance at getting the guy they want. Better that than to be left completely outside looking in and picking from the next tier down.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:36 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:John Wall is the face of that team and the Wizards have shown they will do anything to save his career. They already rid themselves of half the toxicity in McGee and Young, and now have just the dead weight of Blatche and Rashard. A starting 5 of Wall/Crawford/Singleton/Robinson/Nene, with Booker as the 1st big off the bench and one of the millions of swingmen in this draft taken at 32 as the 6th man, plus anything from Vesely = solid team straight off the bat.

(Disclaimer: I love Crawford's game. Kid could create his own shot from the 1st time he stepped on an NBA floor. Whether you like him as much as I do or not, they are fine in the backcourt. )

Beal would just complicate matters for a team rounding in to shape. Barring a Wizards trade, Beal will be a Cav.

I love Crawford, in a Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry roll. Kid was born to spark off the bench and isn't well rounded enough (and shoots to much) to be a starter, IMO.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 am

motherscratcher wrote:
OldDawg wrote:

Actually, that probably wouldn't be too bad. At least they'd have a chance at getting the guy they want. Better that than to be left completely outside looking in and picking from the next tier down.

I think I would trade up for MKG in a heartbeat. Ya think we could package last year's 4 with this year's 4 for pick #2? Sounds good to me.

As a Cleveland fan, I am just tired of having my balls grabbed in a displeasurable manner. :pb:
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 am

So awesome that Andrew noticed your one and only inaccuracy in that post.

And the post was priceless too.

Every now and then you make me proud. Usually you make me sick. But there is an occasional flash of pride.

Very Brief.

Many wouldn't even notice it was there.

motherscratcher wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Get it done Danny Ferry.

Hollins is in Boston but other than that I think other GMs would salivate at that.

Ummm...the Cavs didn't make the playoffs. Their season is over so what difference does it make where Hollins spends his offseason?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 am

OldDawg wrote:

I think that there is a 99% chance that we make some sort of trade in this year's draft. Nobody really expects us to have 4 rookies on the team next year do they? We definitely trade somewhere to either trade up or pick up a veteran.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am

andrew6586 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:

I think that there is a 99% chance that we make some sort of trade in this year's draft. Nobody really expects us to have 4 rookies on the team next year do they? We definitely trade somewhere to either trade up or pick up a veteran.

It'd be nice if they finally started picking/stashing international guys at the beginning of the 2nd round.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby rk » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Beal was the best shooter in his high school class, by miles.

But he was not good at shooting in college, correct? And they're even taller and close faster in the pros. I just have enough concerns over a 6'3 guard who makes his living with a shot that hasn't shown up in over a year to not feel comfortable putting him in the slot of can't miss guys.

Like I said I'd be fine with the Cavs picking him at 4. He can create in other ways and if his shot comes around he could be great even if he's a liability against bigger 2 guards. I just don't get why I should be more fine with him then the other 5-6 guys who are gonna be linked up as possibilities.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 am

Beal didn't have problems getting his shots in college at all. He's athletic, good off the dribble and has been an incredible pure shooter his entire life. The fact that he could score WITHOUT his shot being consistent next year is what makes him such a better prospect then that second tier of meh.

It wasn't the Defense's that killed him if you watched him play, guy was just kind of cold. His stroke is still one of the nicest I have seen in the draft in ages.

BTW: Eric Gordon, Steph Curry, Monta.... SGs are fine at 6'3" in today's NBA because there just are not a lot of good big SGs. Quick... name off all the big SGs! Not to mention that Beal is bit like a pitbull.

Barnes CANNOT create his own shot, at all, like not even a little bit. That makes his ceiling... not very high.

Drummond is a lazy fuck and has been since he was 15.

T-Rob doesn't have the ceiling of Beal, IMO, but it doesn't matter because Grant and Gilbert married TT.

So yeah, I view Beal as clearly better than those guys and so does just about anyone that watched say... him and Barnes play.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And the fucking lottery isn't fixed, for christ sake Earnst and Young runs the damn thing, it isn't even the NBA.

Arthur Andersen wasn't available?

+ 1

Not saying' I believe in black choppers but holding up these firms as paragons of impeccable honesty?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 am

Someone please post just one piece of documentation or credible evidence regarding the annual 'lottery conspiracy' bullshit.

Just one iota or whisper from someone engaged in this vast conspiracy that validates the stupid fucking rumors.

Someone?

Anyone?

Jesus Christ. This is the annual 'flammable/exploding paint brought down the WTC' "argument".

Share what ya got.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am

peeker643 wrote:Someone please post just one piece of documentation or credible evidence regarding the annual 'lottery conspiracy' bullshit.

Just one iota or whisper from someone engaged in this vast conspiracy that validates the stupid fucking rumors.

Someone?

Anyone?

Jesus Christ. This is the annual 'flammable/exploding paint brought down the WTC' "argument".

Share what ya got.

This guy is the most credible witness in the world and he has all the evidence he needs. Boom.
Last edited by andrew6586 on Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 am

The best part is the people that call those that have seen the balls grabbed liars...

And then we call into question the biggest accounting/auditing/tax firm in the world claiming that they would blow their entire reputation on something as stupid as the fucking NBA Draft lottery.

Also, obviously Stern who cares SO much about his legacy is going to trash it to give the fucking New Orleans Hornets the #1 pick.

It all just makes so much sense!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby andrew6586 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The best part is the people that call those that have seen the balls grabbed liars...

And then we call into question the biggest accounting/auditing/tax firm in the world claiming that they would blow their entire reputation on something as stupid as the fucking NBA Draft lottery.

Also, obviously Stern who cares SO much about his legacy is going to trash it to give the fucking New Orleans Hornets the #1 pick.

Plus wouldn't you think if Stern wanted to rig it he would give it to Michael Jordon: The guy who has made more money for the NBA than any other human being alive? The NBA loves Jordan.

Also, doesn't each team have a representative to oversee the actual drawing?

I for one would to see the actual drawing be live. That way nobody could bitch about conspiracies.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:Someone please post just one piece of documentation or credible evidence regarding the annual 'lottery conspiracy' bullshit.

Someone?

Anyone?

Share what ya got.

Great, now SoulDawg will have an excuse to start up his WTC conspiracy rant again.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The best part is the people that call those that have seen the balls grabbed liars...

#BasketballReasons

I'd like to think we're all skeptics here. Put David Stern's head on a I WANT TO BELIEVE poster. Its just really really really convenient that Tom Benson's welcome wagon contains Anthony Davis, after years where neither Shinn nor Stern could hook a local buyer for the Hornets, and after Stern himself already took a number two on his legacy by single-handedly tanking the Hornets season.

I mean, someone would have made a weak-ass ITS A CONSPIRACY argument for the Bobcats, Wiz, Cavs, whoever. But when you look at how things have lined up in New Orleans since Shinn sold to the Association, don't be surprised at the whole deal turning into a thing that makes you go hmmmmmmmm. As for lying and E&Y and whatever, the Ohio Lottery puts their ping-pong balls up on live TV for everyone to watch. Why can't the NBA?

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 pm

We have 9.8 Billion in Assets under Management. E&Y does the accounting for probably half of those assets....

We are a top three largest owner of multi-family homes in the US.

And we are a small chink in the armor of E&Y clients

Yeah, E&Y is going to risk losing all that to fix the NBA Lottery.

The same lottery where the owner that won is already adored is New Orleans and didn't exactly need Anthony Davis to get the fans attention.

Yep.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Someone?

Anyone?

Share what ya got.

SD:

You could prove Santa is real , or Jimmy Hoffa is really alive much easier .

You want to erase doubts put those bouncing balls out in the open and let everyone witness the numbers as they come out .

You either believe its fixed or there is such a thang as $350 million dollar coincidence didn't buy you the top spot in line.

Peeps from Missouri , ain't got nothin on me.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rk » Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm

No one who lives in Cleveland and follows the Cavs should even be allowed to talk about the draft being fixed. We should amend the Constitution to make that clear.

A) People in power do not 'fix' drafts to benefit Cleveland. When Cleveland does get away with shenanagans (Kosar supplemental) they work to change the rules so it can never happen again. Because Cleveland.

B) Cleveland landed Lebron James when New York, Miami, and Chicago were all in need of a superstar.

C) Cleveland landed the #1 pick and kept the #4. Even if it was rigged why would you ever rig it with the less likely pick? Particularly since the Cavs might have been able to get Tristan Thompson wherever they would have landed with the Clippers pick (16ish?).
rk

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 31, 2012 12:55 pm

In this draft, with the first pick, #BasketballReasons won. That's all I'm saying.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm

OH HEY, ACCOUNTS FROM IN THE LOTTERY ROOM BY MEDIA PEEPS: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05 ... -that-way/

SMH
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm

e0y - Do you believe in the frozen envelope?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm

COME ON YOU FOOLS, THE NBA LOTTERY IS REGULATED BY SOX 404!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Can this conspiracy theorist convention please be kept to the draft lottery thread? This thread is about the 4th pick in the draft. No need to have 2 threads cluttered by this nonsense.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 31, 2012 2:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:OH HEY, ACCOUNTS FROM IN THE LOTTERY ROOM BY MEDIA PEEPS: http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05 ... -that-way/

SMH

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s ... 20531.html
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes, Woj running his Stern ambush by relaying completely void of any fact comments is more viable THAN A WRITER THAT WAS IN THE ROOM AND HAS ZERO AFFILIATION WITH THE NBA
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rk » Thu May 31, 2012 2:24 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Can this conspiracy theorist convention please be kept to the draft lottery thread? This thread is about the 4th pick in the draft. No need to have 2 threads cluttered by this nonsense.

Eh. Is there really that much to talk about with the 4th pick? Consensus is MKG with Beal being right behind. Robinson is probably behind him. Most people are terrified of tall lazy people and underwhelming Sophomores. Nobody likes Eeyore and for some reason nobody trusts Ernst and Young but that's just probably because Deloitte Touche bought everyone's allegiance against E&Y except for people with E and Y in their screenname.

I declare this thread dead. Although let's be honest - SD's appearance really meant it was dead. No need to make it official.
rk

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm

rk wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Can this conspiracy theorist convention please be kept to the draft lottery thread? This thread is about the 4th pick in the draft. No need to have 2 threads cluttered by this nonsense.

Eh. Is there really that much to talk about with the 4th pick? Consensus is MKG with Beal being right behind. Robinson is probably behind him. Most people are terrified of tall lazy people and underwhelming Sophomores. Nobody likes Eeyore and for some reason nobody trusts Ernst and Young but that's just probably because Deloitte Touche bought everyone's allegiance against E&Y except for people with E and Y in their screenname.

I declare this thread dead. Although let's be honest - SD's appearance really meant it was dead. No need to make it official.

SD:

Seig Heil baby boy , whens the next skinhead meeting .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm seeing multiple mocks projecting the Wizards sellecting T Rob. with #3. Amick says the Wizards FO is really high on him.

Maybe we still get Beal with #4.??

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby dmiles » Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Someone?

Anyone?

Share what ya got.

NBA small potatoes, I vote no conspiracy simply because I maintain that Stern was attending the Bilderberger conference in Northern Va. You know that group of people that only existed in the minds of conspiracy theorists? Apparently now it's the real deal and I don't trust that Stern as far as I can throw him.

By the way some of the truthers are blaming my company for the flammable/explosive paint on the WTC. I had no idea I was part of the machine nobody tells me anything.

And OJ mentioning SOX 404, gawd that crap is a pain my arse.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:51 am

Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:10 am

bookelly wrote:http://cleveland.sbnation.com/2012/5/31/3055395/nba-draft-2012-rumors-cavs-bobcats-trade

This I think, is a likely scenario.

Make it so.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are happy with their placement in the 2012 NBA Draft, sitting with the No. 4 overall pick with a slew of impressive options available. They're also happy with the fact that they have four picks in the top 34 to work with, but it's not necessarily the best situation for them to use them.

Heck. The way it turned out, I wished they hadn't used both first round picks last year.
:dead:
OldDawg

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:27 am

No point in trading up for MKG or drafting Barnes. In two years LeBron will be back and we'll have...

Kyrie
Beal
LeBron
TT
Andy

with Gee, Fab Melo, and next year's 1st round pick coming off the bench.

Or not. Probably not.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:02 am

bookelly wrote:http://cleveland.sbnation.com/2012/5/31/3055395/nba-draft-2012-rumors-cavs-bobcats-trade

This I think, is a likely scenario.

Make it so.

That's so fucking dumb. It says nothing other than "Hey, the Cavs like MKG and might want to trade up to #2!"

Well, yeah...great...no shit. Thanks for that. It says nothing about if the Bobcats are looking to trade or if any talks have taken place.

It's like they got the inside scoop from this thread.

I think I'll make a SBN blog post about how I'm willing to consider motorboating Scarlett Johansen.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:06 pm

rk wrote:Eh. Is there really that much to talk about with the 4th pick? Consensus is MKG with Beal being right behind. Robinson is probably behind him. Most people are terrified of tall lazy people and underwhelming Sophomores. Nobody likes Eeyore and for some reason nobody trusts Ernst and Young but that's just probably because Deloitte Touche bought everyone's allegiance against E&Y except for people with E and Y in their screenname.

Eeyore's a good guy with a lot of solid takes, I just love it when he devolves into this:

Now you did it. He's crapping on both draft threads now.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:We have 9.8 Billion in Assets under Management. E&Y does the accounting for probably half of those assets....

We are a top three largest owner of multi-family homes in the US.

And we are a small chink in the armor of E&Y clients

Yeah, E&Y is going to risk losing all that to fix the NBA Lottery.

The same lottery where the owner that won is already adored is New Orleans and didn't exactly need Anthony Davis to get the fans attention.

Yep.

Enron & Worldcom say Hi.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:58 am

dmiles wrote:

Someone?

Anyone?

Share what ya got.

NBA small potatoes, I vote no conspiracy simply because I maintain that Stern was attending the Bilderberger conference in Northern Va. You know that group of people that only existed in the minds of conspiracy theorists? Apparently now it's the real deal and I don't trust that Stern as far as I can throw him.

By the way some of the truthers are blaming my company for the flammable/explosive paint on the WTC. I had no idea I was part of the machine nobody tells me anything.

And OJ mentioning SOX 404, gawd that crap is a pain my arse.

Ya, Romney says he will Executive Order that out of existence...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Everyone knows its gonna be Drummond. Go go COACH SCOTT!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:35 pm

I don't think the lotterys rigged for many of the reasons given above, but why doesn't the NBA just film it to shut people up? Letting media members in obviously hasnt done the trick. Or would people still bitch? I also don't know why they went away from the colored ping pong balls for each team. Seems like that would be a lot easier to demonstrate as legitimate than the number combination arrangement.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby JJN » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:I don't think the lotterys rigged for many of the reasons given above, but why doesn't the NBA just film it to shut people up? Letting media members in obviously hasnt done the trick. Or would people still bitch? I also don't know why they went away from the colored ping pong balls for each team. Seems like that would be a lot easier to demonstrate as legitimate than the number combination arrangement.

You aren't losing any fans by not showing it, and it builds buzz. Look how much free press the league got by not showing the process. The legions of bloggers pushing back against the idea of it being a rigged process have done as much if not more for the league than showing the draft process live, and this way didn't cost them a dime.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:12 pm

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 am

Moore's usually a bright kid, but I want what he's smoking right there.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

If the draft has about 22 "franchise impacting" players as the column claims, I'd like to see the Cavs stay at #4 and use their two second round picks to move up from #24 into the teens, if possible.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby rk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 am

In theory it makes sense if they really don't value MKG over Beal or Thompson. Why wouldn't they trade down?

In reality it's the NBA and players skillsets are so completely different that there is no way any GM has 3 guys all equally rated on a draft board. Unlike NFL or MLB the idea of 'best talent available' doesn't exist because no GM can afford to miss out on a top-5 pick. Well maybe one if he's got two top-5 picks. But that's a different story...

Hey it's the GM of a team that did one of the worst tanking jobs in the history of sports just at a better chance for a guy. So obviously there's a better than normal chance they rationalize that they need to make a 'splash' on draft day. One bigger than just MKG.

I just have trouble seeing any GM having a draft board with 3 guys equally rated yet alone a GM willing to take the risk with his job that an unprecedented trade down would mean.

Although I will say that David Stern would likely want to encourage more 'blockbuster' trades at the top of drafts. So now that I think about it since he runs the world this is obviously going to happen.
rk

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:25 pm

SD:

So by that theory visa vie , then the Cavs if left out of the top three ( cough cough ) franchise picks , should then trade down from four for a teams next years number one add a Sullinger since he's in the top 22 of this article and be all the best for wear with Ammo for double next year .

Either that or allocate $i,000,000,00 a year for a team of psychiatrists so you can extract Drummonds head from his ass after you draft him .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA