Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians vs Tigers 5-22-12

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Indians vs Tigers 5-22-12

Unread postby bookelly » Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Whomever Boo'ed should be excommunicated from the Tee-Pee. PURE RAGE!

WINNING!!!
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Great win. Way to start off the most important series yet this season.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 pm

bookelly wrote:Whomever Boo'ed should be excommunicated from the Tee-Pee. PURE RAGE!

WINNING!!!

Anyone booing Rage, I'm sure was a drunken douche-tard looking for a little attention. In reality, it probably fueled Perez a little bit, but I'm sure it didn't bother him.

I'll be at tomorrow's game to see what these boys are really made of.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:...I'll be at tomorrow's game to see what these boys are really made of.

As we would say in our house back when I was a kid*: "Bring home a winner!"

*We're talking 1960s to early 1970s. Not too many times back then....
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby bookelly » Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:
bookelly wrote:Whomever Boo'ed should be excommunicated from the Tee-Pee. PURE RAGE!

WINNING!!!

Anyone booing Rage, I'm sure was a drunken douche-tard looking for a little attention. In reality, it probably fueled Perez a little bit, but I'm sure it didn't bother him.

I'll be at tomorrow's game to see what these boys are really made of.

This is a great post because:

- it assumes we are winning in the 9th, which is nice.

and

-it portends violence to those who troll the team and players I love, this also is nice.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 22, 2012 11:04 pm

WINNING!!!

They were booing Fat Miggy, not CP.

Great win. Great time tonight at the game thanks to STO. Really enjoyed a different perspective.

Get one of these next two.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 23, 2012 9:33 am

Don't look now but that piece of crap Ubaldo Jimenez is on pace to win 19 games.

That's not a prediction, by the way. He's been lucky so far with run support and an easy schedule.

Oh, and he's very good when his back is against the wall. Opposing batters are hitting .190 off him with runners in scoring position, .174 with RISP and two out, and .143 with the bases loaded. His ability to get out of jams has limited the potential damage from the high number of baserunners he allows.

If nothing else he has shown the ability to stay focused and make good pitches with RISP.

Last night he did a good job of adjusting to what the Tigers were doing (swinging at fastballs early in the count). He switched to throwing breaking balls early with good results. After the Avila HR he made it through four scoreless innings to give the offense a chance to come back, which they did.

His fastball command has been so erratic this year that I expect him to throw more breaking balls as the season goes on.

The discouraging thing is his ERA in May is 5.73 versus 4.50 in April. I was hoping his mechanics would improve and his ERA would decline as we got into the season, but it isn't happening.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby pup » Wed May 23, 2012 9:50 am

Don't look now, but Pros is on his way to beating his own TCF record for posts that draw this reaction ::doh:: :pb: :gah: :hic:

That is not a prediction. He has been lucky to have so many unsustainable things happen for him to extrapolate his conclusions from so far.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 am

pup, what exactly is your problem with that post?

I pointed out that Ubaldo has five wins despite not pitching all that well thanks to good run support and an easy schedule - which is true. Do you disagree with any of that?

I pointed out that although he allows tons of baserunners he has managed to limit the damage by making good pitches to get out of jams with runners on base. Any disagreement there?

I said that he did a nice job last night after giving up the 3-run homer in the 2nd inning. He adjusted to what the Tigers were doing, changed his approach, and pitched four scoreless innings to give the offense a chance to get back in the game. They did, and Ubaldo got the win. Any disagreement?

The only thing that could be disputed was my suggestion that he might use his breaking ball more often because he's getting good results and he's still having trouble getting his fastball over consistently.

So why are you throwing emoticons all over the place? Grow up and tell us what you disagree with. Say something intelligent instead of putting up cartoon figures like a little kid. Use your words. And put some thought into it, if you can.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby pup » Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

Prosecutor wrote:pup, what exactly is your problem with that post?

The poster with the history of lazy extrapolation.

I pointed out that Ubaldo has five wins despite not pitching all that well thanks to good run support and an easy schedule - which is true. Do you disagree with any of that?

Nope

I pointed out that although he allows tons of baserunners he has managed to limit the damage by making good pitches to get out of jams with runners on base. Any disagreement there?

The good pitches to get out of jams is an issue. Has he gotten out of jams? Yes. Have they been because of good pitches, maybe on occasion.

I said that he did a nice job last night after giving up the 3-run homer in the 2nd inning. He adjusted to what the Tigers were doing, changed his approach, and pitched four scoreless innings to give the offense a chance to get back in the game. They did, and Ubaldo got the win. Any disagreement?

He got by again by being all over the place and having the fortune of some over aggressive hitters. He cannot get by over the course of 30 starts by throwing that curveball. He was very fortunate on a couple of them than hung. Because he is still not consistent in his mechanics. It is a recipe for disaster.

The only thing that could be disputed was my suggestion that he might use his breaking ball more often because he's getting good results and he's still having trouble getting his fastball over consistently.

So why are you throwing emoticons all over the place? Grow up and tell us what you disagree with. Say something intelligent instead of putting up cartoon figures like a little kid. Use your words. And put some thought into it, if you can.

Your reputation precedes you. What else needs to be said?

;-) ;) :wink:

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

He won, and he did get out of some jams. But I'd be happier if he didn't keep getting himself into jams.

2 K and 6 BB means that he isn't getting back to his 2010 self, just that he's been unsustainably lucky. And I defer to Pup about his mechanics, which by multiple accounts are indeed a mess.

Wins are nice, and I'll take them while they last. But that doesn't mean he's suddenly old Ubaldo.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Prosecutor wrote:what exactly is your problem with that post?

Because you asshat that same line of thinking puts Casey Kotchman at .775 for the year with 360 hits. Does that sound fucking reasonable?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 pm

motherscratcher wrote:He won, and he did get out of some jams. But I'd be happier if he didn't keep getting himself into jams.

2 K and 6 BB means that he isn't getting back to his 2010 self, just that he's been unsustainably lucky. And I defer to Pup about his mechanics, which by multiple accounts are indeed a mess.

Wins are nice, and I'll take them while they last. But that doesn't mean he's suddenly old Ubaldo.

T-minus 30 seconds until..."I never said he was old Ubaldo"

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby pup » Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Ubaldo Jimenez continues to be a disappointment. Yes, he picked up the win and technically was credited with a quality start tonight, but that performance was anything but quality. He’s just the 3rd Indians pitcher since 2000 to walk six and allow five hits and still pick up the victory. In other words, it was a fluke. Jimenez has now walked five or more five times this season – the only other team with that many five-walk starts is the Blue Jays (also five).

http://itspronouncedlajaway.com/?p=4023

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB