Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

What LeBron needs to do

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

What LeBron needs to do

Unread postby The Owl » Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 am

LeBron is one of the best players in NBA history.

During the regular season.

What he really needs to do if he wants to win a championship and put his name up there with Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Kobe is to become a student of NBA history and learn from it.

LeBron needs to man up and get down on the block like Magic did when Kareem went down and take over the game. Magic was a freaking rookie point guard that hitched up his jockstrap and went down with the big boys when he had to. LeBron is a huge man who has been in the league for 8 years, and damn sure has the physical tools to do this.

We've heard about how he worked on his low post game to become more well-rounded.

Put up or shut up.

If he insists on dancing around the 3 point line and needs the 15 foot running start to take the ball up then we know what he really is.

The most-talented pussy in NBA history.

Spolestra probably doesn't have the nuts to do it, but even kids in a pickup game know that someone has to guard the other teams big men when you don't have one, and usually the toughest guy will accept the challenge.

My bet is LeBron won't.
The Owl

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: What LeBron needs to do

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:58 am

LeBron was the most clutch player in the league/playoffs until the pressure of his FA and Miami crushed him.

All he needs to do is get his head right.... it's obvious something clicked right before his FA and set him down this tailspin. IMO, he'll be out of Miami as soon as that ETO is up, away from Wade and winning titles somewhere else, with a fresh start. He put this Miami pressure on himself and thus far it has won the battle.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby The Owl » Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 am

LeBron was a beast in the playoffs when he was young and there was no pressure on him. After a few years and looming FA, the questions and even whispers about him not getting a ring grew louder.

Don't think he didn't hear them.

Don't think he wasn't bothered.

Don't think he didn't start to worry about his "LEGACY".

Going to Miami, he knew he wouldn't have to always be the man every night, and that took some pressure off his shoulders. But his giddiness led to boasting, and he put himself right back on the bull's eye. In his defense, when you take a guy like him that almost one it all mostly by himself, it makes sense that the road is easier when you add Wade and Bosh. We all bought it, didn't we?

Now he's realizing its harder than he thought to stay healthy, stay lucky, and win it all. Now the pressure is ratcheting back up, and he's realizing that his big three isn't getting any younger.

I look for him to force a trade after the '12/'13 season if they don't win it all amidst some nasty infighting and general biatch behavior when egos start to take over.

Will be interesting if the Thunder don't win a ring in the next few, and that pressure starts to shift over to Durant.
The Owl

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:18 am

LeBron started to freak during the playoffs before his FA and has since going to Miami, this is pure fact and the one thing that changed was the pressure he put on himself. It has not improved one iota with him "not having to be the man every night" as the doubts only creep into his mind when his team is in trouble. You can see him reliving the bad dream of past failures now the second it starts to happen in the playoffs.

And there was plenty of pressure on LBJ against Orlando when he was making game winning threes and dropping the most ridiculous stat line any of us have ever seen in a losing playoff series.

There was plenty of pressure in Game 7 against the Celtics the prior year where he almost single handily beat a FAR superior Celtics team and dualed The Warrior Paul Pierce all game.

None of that phased him.

The media never got to LBJ in Cleveland, no one did, he is far too pampered an athlete to give a fuck what they say, always has been (now the fans, he wants you all to love him). You could see the change (fuck it happened right before our eyes) the same time HE started to pressure HIMSELF about FA and then about EASY TITLES.

And he won't demand a trade, he has an ETO after the 13-14 season and that will be the end of the Big 3 era.

Also worth noting, no one could have predicted Miller and Battier forgetting how to shoot, Haslem forgetting how to play basketball and Bosh getting hurt.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 am

Durant hasn't been an asshole publicly about it.

There's no, "Not one...not two..."

There's no "The Decision" that was pretty much received like burning a truck full of Korans in Falluhah.

There's nowhere near the plainly pathetic and transparent false modesty that he speaks with while saying "myself" two hundred times.

LeBron is the most gifted player maybe ever. But his fatal flaw is that gift. It provided all he ever wanted and an "easy" way out of shitty living conditions and poverty. LeBron never had to fight for a single thing in his life. It was handed to him from the time some leech figured out his talent and his body were growing at ridiculous rates.

That's why he gets figuratively bitch slapped by legit bad asses who fought their way out of the ghettos and shitty lives like Deshaun Stevenson. That's why guys like Danny Granger, who's a smart and perceptive dude, saw through that bullshit from Day 1 in the league and show him no respect. That's why Paul Pierce thinks he's a fucking joke.

LBJ acts like a badass and hasn't made a deposit EVER in blood. LeBron is a frontin' bitch. That's how the actual hard cases in the league see him. He's flawed and that has nothing and everything to do with his prowess on the court.

If you think he would trade an MVP award for a ring you're crazy. That's how measures himself is by MVPs. The ONLY reason he's jonesing so bad for a ring is it gets him off the 'Best to Never' list. That's it. It ain't about validating the work he did with his teammates. It ain't about the fans of Miami. It's about his fucking legacy and his fucking legacy alone.

He's a bitch and a diva and the greatest blend of athleticism and talent that we may ever see.

He's all of that.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby The Owl » Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LeBron started to freak during the playoffs before his FA and has since going to Miami, this is pure fact and the one thing that changed was the pressure he put on himself. It has not improved one iota with him "not having to be the man every night" as the doubts only creep into his mind when his team is in trouble. You can see him reliving the bad dream of past failures now the second it starts to happen in the playoffs.

And there was plenty of pressure on LBJ against Orlando when he was making game winning threes and dropping the most ridiculous stat line any of us have ever seen in a losing playoff series.

There was plenty of pressure in Game 7 against the Celtics the prior year where he almost single handily beat a FAR superior Celtics team and dualed The Warrior Paul Pierce all game.

None of that phased him.

The media never got to LBJ in Cleveland, no one did, he is far too pampered an athlete to give a fuck what they say, always has been (now the fans, he wants you all to love him). You could see the change (fuck it happened right before our eyes) the same time HE started to pressure HIMSELF about FA and then about EASY TITLES.

And he won't demand a trade, he has an ETO after the 13-14 season and that will be the end of the Big 3 era.

Also worth noting, no one could have predicted Miller and Battier forgetting how to shoot, Haslem forgetting how to play basketball and Bosh getting hurt.

Agree for the most part. Good post.

His playoff personna has been, and is still evolving. And its not good.

These next couple games will go a long ways to showing us where's he at right now.

I knew what Jordan would do down 2-1.

Let's see what LeBron does. And yes, it's fair to compare to Jordan because he's the one throwing down the gauntlet.
The Owl

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 18, 2012 12:32 pm

You guys are all missing it. Lebron wasn't being cocky when he said they weren't going to not win one, or not two, or not three... He was being honest.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri May 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I take a little of column Peek (James has never been challenged) and a little from column e0y (its getting to James's head) and a little of my own column (neither James, Bosh, nor Wade can overcome the Heat's otherwise shitty roster).

e0y2e3 wrote:Also worth noting, no one could have predicted Miller and Battier forgetting how to shoot, Haslem forgetting how to play basketball and Bosh getting hurt.

Miller and Battier are old and busted, I'm wondering if Haslem hasn't fully recovered from his last injury, and yeah no Bosh really does hurt. But when your depth is reliant on those guys, Chalmers, Turiaf, Anthony, and Derrick Pittman? Uh oh. That's only piling even more on to the Heatles' shoulders even before losing Bosh. And there hasn't been a Wilson Chandler or even a J.R. Smith riding to their rescue either.

I'm not entirely unconvinced James wasn't just too tired to try to fight Pierce two years ago, Dirk and Chandler in last year's Finals, and right now versus West and Hibbert when its going to be uphill all the way without Bosh. Of course, that never stopped Jordan, but, well, yeah.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby c11058 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Peeker....very well said!!
c11058

Favorite Player: Omar Vizquel
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 pm

This thread has better commentary on LeBron than any part of the national media.

I think I mean that as a complement, but maybe the national media is just that bad.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LeBron started to freak during the playoffs before his FA and has since going to Miami, this is pure fact and the one thing that changed was the pressure he put on himself. It has not improved one iota with him "not having to be the man every night" as the doubts only creep into his mind when his team is in trouble. You can see him reliving the bad dream of past failures now the second it starts to happen in the playoffs.

None of that phased him.

Agree with 99% of all that and would expand further but it's already been done ad nauseum across the web and airwaves.

That said, I would contend that for Battier and Miller folks could see it coming. Reason being, we saw that with handful of stiffs that Cleveland surrounded him with that we getting later in their years. And to an extent a guy like Damon Jones, Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall all had similar limitations that will be masked and then unmasked within the same series or against topflight competition. Battier, not so much but the wear and tear on him could be seen the year before with Memphis, IMO.

Really though the signings that have really hurt the Heat were Miller, Anthony and Haslem. Those almost had to be can't miss guys for them and they simply haven't not gotten it done for various reason.

Also why this Indiana series is quickly becoming even more fascinating than Game 4-6 in Dallas last year. This has significant impact on the future of the roster I think.

P.S. Where is Norris Cole and all the early season lovers of him? Guy's getting zero burn. (rightfully so)
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 pm

I think they just miss Z.

Sign him to a 10 day and it'll be smooth sailing.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 pm

I don't care how old Battier and Miller are Madre, typically shooters don't forget how to hit the ocean. Wally Z was supposed to be an oddity, but damned if LBJ didn't find two more of him.

Battier was CLUTCH in the playoffs last year as a spot up three shooter... CLUTCH

Depth of Battier, Haslem, and Miller should be enough, especially with Chalmers growth this year.

No one could have predicted those three completely falling off a cliff. Hell, even shooting PFs typically keep their shots (Joe Smith, KG, PJ Brown) and Haslem COMPELTELY lost his.

Also worth noting, Joel Anthony has been a plus defender his entire career until... well... right now.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't care how old Battier and Miller are Madre, typically shooters don't forget how to hit the ocean. Wally Z was supposed to be an oddity, but damned if LBJ didn't find two more of him.

Battier was CLUTCH in the playoffs last year as a spot up three shooter... CLUTCH

Depth of Battier, Haslem, and Miller should be enough, especially with Chalmers growth this year.

No one could have predicted those three completely falling off a cliff. Hell, even shooting PFs typically keep their shots (Joe Smith, KG, PJ Brown) and Haslem COMPELTELY lost his.

Also worth noting, Joel Anthony has been a plus defender his entire career until... well... right now.

This is all true, but shooters need a rhythm. I haven't looked but I'd imagine the shots the Heat 'shotters' get are sporadic. A guy like Haslem is an oddity: a physical, banging defender who can shoot. But they need to get regularly play, regular shots and regular touches for that rhythm. The Big 3 is enough most nights. People don't see the wear and tear on Miller and Haslem until they're needed. And when the Heat go to them in playoffs it's too late.

Especially when they're ground down to a nub like Haslem and Battier on defensive end (at their ages).

Just a theory. Certainly no expert. But it's a lot to ask guys to to come off the bench and get a big hit against MLB pitching. Even guys who were once really good hitters.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

No doubt, I'm just shocked Haslem can't at least be Joe Smith or PJ Brown (who came out of retirement behind the Big 3 and beat the Cavs pretty much imself)....

His decline blows my mind and he got big minutes this year, even a shot at starting. Battier has gotten legit burn as well, Miller I think does fit into your theory, as with Battier on board he hasn't really ever found a spot on the team.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri May 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Guy that's still the genius in all of this is Wade.

Guy is skatin' right along. Bad performance? Who cares? Nobody notices anyhow.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Die.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 18, 2012 5:04 pm

leadpipe wrote:Guy that's still the genius in all of this is Wade.

Guy is skatin' right along. Bad performance? Who cares? Nobody notices anyhow.

No doubt.

I thnk LeBron is so far in his own head I'm not sure he can ever make it out.

He took some really shitty Cleveland teams and made them look like the best team in the league. And when they failed, right or wrong it was his failure. I don't know if he doesn't want to be the guy or not. Abut maybe what he knew all along in Cleveland (that we all didn't know until he left) was that it was impossible to be the guy on that team. Nobody could have elevated that team to a trophy.

But he got all the blame anyway. So he went to Miami where the rings would come easy and he wouldn't have to be the guy and carry all of the responsibility.

But he got there and he still fucking does anyway. It's STILL all on him.

Wade walks onto the court, goes to mid court, and takes a big steaming shit. A smelly old pile. Then he picks up a big handful and throws it at his coach.

And the narrative is still 90% LeBron. It's incredible. I wonder if he's realized it will always be that. It will always be his fault, no matter what. There's no getting away from it.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Yep, Wade owns the failures of Miami post Bosh more than anyone and the narrative will never let that story see the light of day.

The "Big Brother" orchastrated this entire thing, took LBJ under his wing and led him to demonstrating public behavior he had NEVER broached before and them promptly had his skills erode at a ridiculous rate (something that everyone knew could kill the Big 3 era) and seldom are his failures even muttered.

Spo ate Wade's shit in the press last night for him too, while Wade blew it off.

If they lose this series someone is getting traded.... Bosh for Pau makes too much sense to not happen but I wouldn't be shocked if it was Wade.

One would think Riley and his self appointed junior (Spo) can see through his bullshit.

BTW: the one story that has disappeared is how much FUN LBJ had with his teammates in Cleveland. The minute that stopped (when he got into his own head so far... yeah who knows if he can get out) he became the choker. It started when he was staring at FA/Miami in the playoffs and has only continued. I've never seen the LBJ from Cleveland in Miami.

Also, I wonder how much of a shit head Shaq was in Cleveland. Everything that has come out about him post retirement has been.... well really, really bad.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 pm

BTW: that post made sense mother, is that really you or did your baby take the keyboard?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Fri May 18, 2012 5:56 pm

This thread's funny.

Dwyane Wade plays like shit, Chris Bosh is out, and it's all LeBron's fault.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Die.

I'm not sure how I missed this....

<3 you Hiko xoxoxo
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Just wondering if maybe the other NBA owners are seeing what's happening to Miami and realizing that you can't spend $100 million or whatever on three All-Stars and not have money left to fill out the roster with anything but has-beens and never-will-bes. I mean, you sink all that cash into three guys, one of them gets hurt during the playoffs, and you haven't got enough quality (or even decent) players left to make a championship run.

Of course, practically this whole thread could become moot if TWoA and DWade go ape-shit crazy and sweep the next three games from the Pacers.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Wild Thang
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 18, 2012 10:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:Durant hasn't been an asshole publicly about it.

There's no, "Not one...not two..."

There's no "The Decision" that was pretty much received like burning a truck full of Korans in Falluhah.

There's nowhere near the plainly pathetic and transparent false modesty that he speaks with while saying "myself" two hundred times.

LeBron is the most gifted player maybe ever. But his fatal flaw is that gift. It provided all he ever wanted and an "easy" way out of shitty living conditions and poverty. LeBron never had to fight for a single thing in his life. It was handed to him from the time some leech figured out his talent and his body were growing at ridiculous rates.

That's why he gets figuratively bitch slapped by legit bad asses who fought their way out of the ghettos and shitty lives like Deshaun Stevenson. That's why guys like Danny Granger, who's a smart and perceptive dude, saw through that bullshit from Day 1 in the league and show him no respect. That's why Paul Pierce thinks he's a fucking joke.

LBJ acts like a badass and hasn't made a deposit EVER in blood. LeBron is a frontin' bitch. That's how the actual hard cases in the league see him. He's flawed and that has nothing and everything to do with his prowess on the court.

If you think he would trade an MVP award for a ring you're crazy. That's how measures himself is by MVPs. The ONLY reason he's jonesing so bad for a ring is it gets him off the 'Best to Never' list. That's it. It ain't about validating the work he did with his teammates. It ain't about the fans of Miami. It's about his fucking legacy and his fucking legacy alone.

He's a bitch and a diva and the greatest blend of athleticism and talent that we may ever see.

He's all of that.

Outstanding post. :thumb up:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby dmiles » Sat May 19, 2012 12:54 am

Some TCF Hall of Fame type posts in here. As much as I've wanted to see this happen (the tombstone isn't etched just yet), I am feeling a bit dirty. Meh, not that much but the Wade=Douche is not nearly played enough.

What I don't want is a pissed off D-wade and LBJ putting up about 80 and getting back home court advantage. Somebody was on Dan Patrick this morning as I was driving to the office saying he didn't think they'd blow it up this off-season. I wish I'd caught the name but he felt a Laker 2nd round exit would mean they would shake things up, but felt Miami could reasonably blame it on injury and try the big 3 one more season.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat May 19, 2012 5:55 am

jerryroche wrote:Just wondering if maybe the other NBA owners are seeing what's happening to Miami and realizing that you can't spend $100 million or whatever on three All-Stars and not have money left to fill out the roster with anything but has-beens and never-will-bes. I mean, you sink all that cash into three guys, one of them gets hurt during the playoffs, and you haven't got enough quality (or even decent) players left to make a championship run.

Of course, practically this whole thread could become moot if TWoA and DWade go ape-shit crazy and sweep the next three games from the Pacers.

It means nothing other than making sure the four core role players you choose aren't going to all fall off cliffs at the same time, no matter the reason.

The Lakers are a title contender right now if the CP3 trade goes through, without it they are... maaaaayyyybe.... if a bunch of things go their way.... maaaayyyybe
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat May 19, 2012 2:35 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:It means nothing other than making sure the four core role players you choose aren't going to all fall off cliffs at the same time, no matter the reason.

The Lakers are a title contender right now if the CP3 trade goes through, without it they are... maaaaayyyybe.... if a bunch of things go their way.... maaaayyyybe

Speaking of which.

Where is Dewey Howard headed?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm

LeBron simply doesn't have the guts nor heart. It still goes back to how his entire life has unfolded, pretty much handed everything he has to this point. Not to mention his focus is spread too thin.

He's a self proclaimed "historian" of the game, yeah my ass.

Because of his needy ego I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he ended back in Cleveland, via some sort of cry baby trade demands or his first out as a FA, and for mostly the wrong reasons.

Frankly his legacy might be almost etched in stone right now, if not and he doesn't get it done this year it pretty much will be.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:31 pm

^ way to ruin tha thread by being stupid as shit. You should host a radio show where stupid people call you to talk about stupid bullshit talking points.

And SSS, fuck if I know, beyond being back in Disney next year who knows what one of the four bigggest assholes in the league is going to do two years from now. Took the fuckstick a half a season, fired brilliant coach, six blow jobs, and fifty-five mind changes to get to staying there next year.

Him, Melo, Blake and Wade can all burn in hell.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm

PMSing everyday now instead of the usual 15 day cycle.

I get it he's the uber athlete of your gen, fine lick his ball sack it's the easy slash lazy thing to do but he isn't what the others were before him. Frankly he never will be either, it's too late. I mean really Magic never said "playing PG, SG, SF, PF and C was taxing".

Have a hissy fit all you want, one doesn't need anything other than to watch and pay a bit of attention to analyze LeBron's big issue, this isn't rocket science it's basketball.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 pm

No, you just should be banned from thinking. The single most simplistic moron ever to grace the interwebs that I have seen.

And PLEASE, show me where I licked anyone's ballsacks in this thread.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 19, 2012 11:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No, you just should be banned from thinking. The single most simplistic moron ever to grace the interwebs that I have seen.

Did you Ctrl V that too?

B/C you say that a dozen times a week about a dozen different people.

Clown.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Nope, you are the single worst of the plebs, always and forever.... xoxoxo
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Really looking forward to watching this game today.

Fascinated to see how LBJ approaches this game. Don't know I agree with the narrative of this being the last stand for the Big 3 but definitely think it's the season on the line for the Heat.

Also will say a lot about the young Pacers how they attack the game this afternoon.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 pm

The only reason I think this is the last stand for the Big 3 is that Riley has a four year window, this is fundamentally the only off-season he will have a chance to change the chemistry and let it mesh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jerryroche » Sun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

There are about a million-billion reasons why I'd like to see Indiana win today and take the series.

Starting with Indiana fans, underdogs, Larry Bird, Danny Granger, Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansborough. And ending with the Heat, Pat Riley, Miami fans, DWade and TWoA.

Which means, of course, the Pacers will go down in seven.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Wild Thang
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby noles1 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The only reason I think this is the last stand for the Big 3 is that Riley has a four year window, this is fundamentally the only off-season he will have a chance to change the chemistry and let it mesh.

I'm torn but just think when all is said and done they looks at this year and give it a pass with the short schedule, Bosh's injury and Wade's struggles - Riles give it a pass and one more go around.
noles1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Sure, but ALL of their role-players died this year. That's a problem that ain't gettin fixed with the mid-level.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Again, waiting for the Giant to awake with this.

if they have any sort of competitiveness within them, they'll be able to will themselves to a win.

Also, if it does happen..and even if it doesn't, this years playoff series proved that the NBA isn't all about the "Big Market" teams, and that the movement of superstars for greener pastures was a failure for the most part, and the evolution that we thought was to happen, didn't.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:08 pm

NO, LIES, BIG MARKETS ARE ALL THAT MATTER WE NEED A LOCKOUT SO OTHER RICH PEOPLE CAN MAKE SURE BIG MARKETS DON'T WIN!#@!#%@
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 am

Man, when Bron comes back in 4 more years as prodigal son to an in prime Kyree, MKG on the other wing and TT gobbling boards like the Worm he is destined to be, all we need to have in place is a defensive center and we're looking at a dynasty.

Be nice if we had given him as much pataience as manny haris and Sky-enga & kept Danny Green as a role player to round it out.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 am

No joke, that was possibly the single most dominating sports performance I have ever seen.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:31 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No joke, that was possibly the single most dominating sports performance I have ever seen.

Might be the NBA equivalent of a perfect game, I'll say that much.

Singular talent. Best front runner in the world on top of that.

Nothing to hate about that performance except that it was his and it was for them ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 am

Huh, Haslem finds his shot and...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon May 21, 2012 11:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:No joke, that was possibly the single most dominating sports performance I have ever seen.

Seriously. We haven't seen that James in three years.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:04 pm

I thought when Miami was down at the half and Wade was sleep-walking around they were gonna fold, then, somehow, LBJ came back as Cleveland LBJ, but even better.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby neoleo » Mon May 21, 2012 3:54 pm

As great as that performance was, I'm feeling okay if I'm an Indiana fan (which I now am of course). With West and Hibbert in foul trouble, they were able to go small and get back into the game and only lose by 2 possessions. It took a vintage LBJ performance and red hot shooting from Wade and Haslem to pull it out for the Heat.

You never want to lose home court advantage, but I have the same feeling after this game as I did after game one. The Pacers aren't going away.

Have to give the Heat credit though, I thought we were witnessing the latest LBJ playoff meltdown, and then, wow.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 22, 2012 12:41 pm

OK...throwing this out to the forum for discussion...

Been seeing a lot of talk lately (mostly on ESPN, come to think of it, and a lot by Wilbon and Kornheiser on PTI) that what LeBron needs to do...with his "role player" teammates on the Heat sucking...is to "go Cleveland"...understood to mean taking on the brunt of the scoring load and carrying a bunch of schmoe teammates on his back into the finals...

My question is this...are these guys mis-remembering LeBron's seasons in Cleveland...or are they too focused on that one memorable Pistons game when he scored 48 and did carry his team on his back? I guess the question that I'm too lazy to research for myself is...did LBJ score a larger percentage of his team's points in the Cavs' two 60+ win seasons than he has scored in his two seasons with the Heat?

It doesn't seem to me like he did, but I could well be all wet about this. Yes, he led the team in scoring, but he dished off an awful lot to AV and Mo W. and others, and the scoring after him was pretty balanced, IIRC.

It's just that this meme about "going Cleveland" has been getting a lot of play in the last few days...it's annoying and I just want to know if it has any real validity.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:45 pm

LeBron was the most clutch player in the NBA until the 2010 playoffs.

The fact that series like 2009 w/ Orlando were even close were only because of his greatness, as the team around him was pretty ass cobbler.

What LBJ did last game, it was factually "went Cleveland." He played like the best, least intimidated player in the game and that is something he hasn't done in the playoffs since 2009.

You're drastically selling short just how GREAT LBJ had to be to make the 2008 Celtics series and 2009 Orlando series even close. He was dragging multiple 100 pound weights around the court at all times. Also, he nearly beat the Pistons in 2006 when he had an even worse team...

Despite all of the revisionist history in Cleveland, LBJ was a truly great playoff player that did it without ANY supporting cast right up until 2010, when he started to choke.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA