Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

OSU Player Chooses Law School Over Browns

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

OSU Player Chooses Law School Over Browns

Unread postby Liondrew » Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 am

I remember a while back when someone said "if I were drafted by the Browns...I would go to grad school." Well this guy wasn't drafted, but he still chose law school over the Browns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 45948.html
Liondrew

Re: OSU Player Chooses Law School Over Browns

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 am

Yep. He realized he had little chance of making the roster and then blamed his quitting on concussions. Just like a good lawyer should.

If he'd been drafted in the 3rd round, I think he'd be singing a different tune.

I don't know how the NFL will go on without Andrew Sweat, but, dammit, they have to try.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

Hikohadon wrote:Yep. He realized he had little chance of making the roster and then blamed his quitting on concussions. Just like a good lawyer should.

If he'd been drafted in the 3rd round, I think he'd be singing a different tune.

I don't know how the NFL will go on without Andrew Sweat, but, dammit, they have to try.

Jesus dude. You talk about butt hurt. You're ass is cheese grater raw over anything even remotely regarding the Browns.

He's had at least one more documented concussion than Junior Seau was ever on record for, he understands the odds against him because he ain't Junior Seau or a 3rd round pick and he fucking said he'd rather do something else. Because Deadspin or a board post reference this now we disparage the guy and question his motives.

Christ Hiko. You treat this organization like it's your 4 yr old special needs daughter. Lighten up. You play cards. The kid had fold equity and who gives a flying fuck if he says it was concussions and fear that played a role in his decision. He laid down his hand. If he does so while accusing you of stealing his pot and telling what a good lay down he just made who gives a shit?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

Deadspin posted this saying that he'll have a hard time finding a job in this market. Sweat responded "My Daddy's got a successful practice so I'll be OK."

And yet again, Nepotism reigns supreme.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby General » Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 am

Liondrew wrote:I remember a while back when someone said "if I were drafted by the Browns...I would go to grad school." Well this guy wasn't drafted, but he still chose law school over the Browns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 45948.html

I have used that repeatedly during the course of Browns Part Dieux, Sorry but I don't have the time or the expertise to rightfully claim it, but it is mine. Maybe I will break down and get a jersey with his chosen law school and his number on it as he will soon be my new favorite.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Considering the patheticness of the organization, choosing law school seems more than reasonable.

Actually, they can't be that many years away from guys choosing "a kick in the dick" over joining that squad.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Yep. He realized he had little chance of making the roster and then blamed his quitting on concussions. Just like a good lawyer should.

Jesus dude. You talk about butt hurt. You're ass is cheese grater raw over anything even remotely regarding the Browns.

He's had at least one more documented concussion than Junior Seau was ever on record for, he understands the odds against him because he ain't Junior Seau or a 3rd round pick and he fucking said he'd rather do something else. Because Deadspin or a board post reference this now we disparage the guy and question his motives.

Christ Hiko. You treat this organization like it's your 4 yr old special needs daughter. Lighten up. You play cards. The kid had fold equity and who gives a flying fuck if he says it was concussions and fear that played a role in his decision. He laid down his hand. If he does so while accusing you of stealing his pot and telling what a good lay down he just made who gives a shit?

Will you please tell me What The Fuck I said that was supposed to be in defense of the Browns? Sweat quitting has NOTHING to do with the Browns. It could've been any team - it's not like he was forced to sign with them as an UDFA.

Christ, lighten up, your butt-hurtedness is assigning me agendas I never even considered.

Kid quit for his own reasons. Doesn't matter which team he quit from. I just feel the concussion thing is overblown right now, and his explanation for quitting is piggybacking that.

If he was so concerned about concussions, why sign as an UDFA with any team? Why go through the rookie minicamp and THEN decide that concussions were a huge scary monster?

Seems much more likely that he tried, figured he has an uphill battle to make ANY team (especially with the degradation of the Special Teams units due to the Kickoff bullshit) and just said it wasn't worth the effort with a nice lawyer gig waiting in the wings.

Concussions may have been his excuse, but, like I said, if he was drafted by a team - any team - I'm willing to bet he'd magically be able to overlook them.

And, yes, it's his prerogative to give whatever excuse he wants for his fold. Just as if I'm sitting at his table, I tell him his excuse was bullshit, we laugh, and someone deals the next hand.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm

leadpipe wrote:Considering the patheticness of the organization, choosing law school seems more than reasonable.

Actually, they can't be that many years away from guys choosing "a kick in the dick" over joining that squad.

You're going to get a stern rebuke for this crack on the organization.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Apologies. It's just that with you going all Baghdad Bob lately I assumed you were defnding the organization at the expense of a 22 yr old kid without the life experience to not let go of the game without an excuse or two.

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Will you please tell me What The Fuck I said that was supposed to be in defense of the Browns? Sweat quitting has NOTHING to do with the Browns. It could've been any team - it's not like he was forced to sign with them as an UDFA.

Christ, lighten up, your butt-hurtedness is assigning me agendas I never even considered.

Kid quit for his own reasons. Doesn't matter which team he quit from. I just feel the concussion thing is overblown right now, and his explanation for quitting is piggybacking that.

If he was so concerned about concussions, why sign as an UDFA with any team? Why go through the rookie minicamp and THEN decide that concussions were a huge scary monster?

Seems much more likely that he tried, figured he has an uphill battle to make ANY team (especially with the degradation of the Special Teams units due to the Kickoff bullshit) and just said it wasn't worth the effort with a nice lawyer gig waiting in the wings.

Concussions may have been his excuse, but, like I said, if he was drafted by a team - any team - I'm willing to bet he'd magically be able to overlook them.

And, yes, it's his prerogative to give whatever excuse he wants for his fold. Just as if I'm sitting at his table, I tell him his excuse was bullshit, we laugh, and someone deals the next hand.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 1:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Considering the patheticness of the organization, choosing law school seems more than reasonable.

Even if we consider the fact that the dude was an UDFA that CHOSE to sign with the Browns, we can still give the statement a little giggle because THE BROWNS ARE SO BAD!

:lmfao:

I'D RATHER DIP MY BALLS IN A BLENDER THAN PLAY FOR THEM!

IF THE BROWNS TRIED TO SIGN ME AS AN UDFA, I'D WALK TO THE EDGE OF A CLIFF, OPEN MYSELF UP FROM CROTCH TO STERNUM WITH A HACKSAW, DOWN A JUG OF RAT POISON (BETTER HURRY OR IT'LL LEAK OUT MY STOMACH!), SHOVE A BOMB UP MY ASS AND JUMP!

WHO'D WANT TO LIVE IN CLEVELAND ANYWAY? WHAT A DUMP!

"Browns are so bad" jokes should really replace "Your Momma's so fat" jokes. That's just how bad they are!

God, I wish they'd hurry up and build a dome, change the name of the team, and move them (dome and all) to LA already.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Wed May 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Pretty sure he quit before mini-camp. I believe he made up his mind before seeing all the All-Pros the Browns are running out there at LB and scared him away,
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 pm

There's no effing way you could do all of that stuff you have planned on a cliff's edge, Baghdad Bob.

No way. The pain would be blinding. You'd probably bleed out or at least go into shock. You'd never be able to concentrate on getting the bomb up your ass.

And why would you anyway? It makes no practical sense to put it up there if you're going through the trouble of hacking yourself open on a cliff.

Balls in a blender???

Meh...

You could get your balls in a blender. Probably not deep enough ino the blender where those metal things that do the blending and crushing are going to fuck you up. But you could get them in there and I imagine if we're talking cold beverages that the ice-old liquid on your sack would be uncomfortable, if nothing else.

NO LAUGHING OR MAKING FUN OF MY TEAM!!!!! STOP CRITICIZING!!!! THEY'RE TRYING!!!!!

Seriously, I am actually and legitimately concerned for you. Anyone who disagrees with you is a hater and a whiner as opposed to someone who's actually watched this franchise operate under its current owner for 8 years.

Although, ya know, I see serial killers' moms on death roww right before their kid gets the needle for raping and killing 14 college co-eds over 6 years. And mom still loves that murderous rapist too. ;-) ;) :wink:

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Even if we consider the fact that the dude was an UDFA that CHOSE to sign with the Browns, we can still give the statement a little giggle because THE BROWNS ARE SO BAD!

I'D RATHER DIP MY BALLS IN A BLENDER THAN PLAY FOR THEM!

IF THE BROWNS TRIED TO SIGN ME AS AN UDFA, I'D WALK TO THE EDGE OF A CLIFF, OPEN MYSELF UP FROM CROTCH TO STERNUM WITH A HACKSAW, DOWN A JUG OF RAT POISON (BETTER HURRY OR IT'LL LEAK OUT MY STOMACH!), SHOVE A BOMB UP MY ASS AND JUMP!

WHO'D WANT TO LIVE IN CLEVELAND ANYWAY? WHAT A DUMP!

"Browns are so bad" jokes should really replace "Your Momma's so fat" jokes. That's just how bad they are!

God, I wish they'd hurry up and build a dome, change the name of the team, and move them (dome and all) to LA already.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby General » Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

You could swallow a small explosive device that was acitvated by rat poison that was exposed to your stomach acids. If you were really serious about it. Outside of the law school option I would just return to Parris Island, at least there is some pride in wearing a Marine uniform unlike the local pumpkin heads.
General

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 16, 2012 1:42 pm

WTF is going on here?

All this for Andrew effin Sweat?

Dude ain't that good anyhow.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:WTF is going on here?

All this for Andrew effin Sweat?

Dude ain't that good anyhow.

What?

He was a Buckeye and a Brown.

You run a serious risk of upsetting someone with that kind of criticism.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 16, 2012 2:21 pm

ANDREW SWEAT WUZ TEH BEST EVAH BECUZ HE WORE SCARLET & GREY!!!!!! RARARARRAARRARARARRARRARARARARARARRARRARA!!!!!

Better?

He might make a good lawyer, if the judge doesn't allow his objection, he can sack him...... assuming he can get off the bailiff's block.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:21 pm

And he showed the heart of a lion playing hurt last year.

The fact that he was willing to risk further injury to play for a bad Buckeyes team last year and doesn't even want to camp with the Browns says it all!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 2:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:NO LAUGHING OR MAKING FUN OF MY TEAM!!!!! STOP CRITICIZING!!!! THEY'RE TRYING!!!!!

Seriously, I am actually and legitimately concerned for you. Anyone who disagrees with you is a hater and a whiner as opposed to someone who's actually watched this franchise operate under its current owner for 8 years.

Although, ya know, I see serial killers' moms on death roww right before their kid gets the needle for raping and killing 14 college co-eds over 6 years. And mom still loves that murderous rapist too. ;-) ;) :wink:

No matter how many times I explain this to you dudes, you don't get it.

I don't care about the Browns as much as you do. I'm numb.

I once bitched and moaned and kicked stuff and cursed everything they did too. I've moved beyond that to detached interest.

Why do I spend so much time reading up on the Browns/perusing message boards? Habit, I guess. I love football, and the Browns would still be my team, although there are many Sundays when I DVR their games and watch games between 2 teams that actually matter.

I don't get angry when I watch Browns games anymore, just the way that I don't get excited. I expect them to lose. Even when they win, it's a brief respite from future losses. They are stuck in a seemingly bottomless pit of suck that no one can fix, and, emotionally, I couldn't take it anymore some time ago.

Emotionally, I checked out.

So my takes aren't a defense of the organization. They've clearly made a ton of mistakes and deserve no such defense. My POV now is solely based on what I deem to be the view of someone that doesn't really give a fuck anymore and now looks on the Browns as the subject of an article that I write each week. I try to stay informed and be objective.

In this quest, I read many many takes which are clearly irrational, bitter, and emotional. Takes like those which I probably used to make. Takes that I frankly now feel embarrassed about b/c when I read them from other people I think "Damn, I don't want to sound as whiny as that guy about ANYTHING."

So what pisses me off isn't the badmouthing of the Browns, it's the complete lack of logic in so many of the takes I read. It's not about right or wrong, it's about presentation. It's what caused me to leave the Cooler, and I don't want it to happen here. So I attack what I deem butt-hurted irrationality in all its forms b/c I don't want this place to descend into a screaming mish-mash of self-pitying retards like some other places did.

So, to summarize - the fan in me feels the Browns suck, everyone in the front office sucks, all the players either suck or will get hurt or move on, and nothing will ever change. I don't condone many of the moves they have made b/c they are uncondonable, but the next regime they bring in will probably be just as bad or worse. Nothing they do will make a difference. But that fan has accepted this a while ago.

At this point, I'm just looking for some intelligent non-emotionally-influenced football conversation.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And he showed the heart of a lion playing hurt last year.

The fact that he was willing to risk further injury to play for a bad Buckeyes team last year and doesn't even want to camp with the Browns says it all!

Yeah, it says maybe he should've signed as an UDFA with some other team if he's got such a bitch about the Browns.

Who gives a shit if he was a Buckeye? That stops mattering to me the second they leave Columbus.

Who gives a shit if he had a cup of coffee for the Browns? That stops mattering to me the second they leave Berea.

He's just a guy from some college that signed as a UDFA with some NFL team and figured out that he probably wasn't gonna make it, so he opted for cushy Plan B.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Wed May 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:NO LAUGHING OR MAKING FUN OF MY TEAM!!!!! STOP CRITICIZING!!!! THEY'RE TRYING!!!!!

I once bitched and moaned and kicked stuff and cursed everything they did too. I've moved beyond that to detached interest.

Why do I spend so much time reading up on the Browns/perusing message boards? Habit, I guess. I love football, and the Browns would still be my team, although there are many Sundays when I DVR their games and watch games between 2 teams that actually matter.

I don't get angry when I watch Browns games anymore, just the way that I don't get excited. I expect them to lose. Even when they win, it's a brief respite from future losses. They are stuck in a seemingly bottomless pit of suck that no one can fix, and, emotionally, I couldn't take it anymore some time ago.

So my takes aren't a defense of the organization. They've clearly made a ton of mistakes and deserve no such defense. My POV now is solely based on what I deem to be the view of someone that doesn't really give a fuck anymore and now looks on the Browns as the subject of an article that I write each week. I try to stay informed and be objective.

In this quest, I read many many takes which are clearly irrational, bitter, and emotional. Takes like those which I probably used to make. Takes that I frankly now feel embarrassed about b/c when I read them from other people I think "Damn, I don't want to sound as whiny as that guy about ANYTHING."

So what pisses me off isn't the badmouthing of the Browns, it's the complete lack of logic in so many of the takes I read. It's not about right or wrong, it's about presentation. It's what caused me to leave the Cooler, and I don't want it to happen here. So I attack what I deem butt-hurted irrationality in all its forms b/c I don't want this place to descend into a screaming mish-mash of self-pitying retards like some other places did.

So, to summarize - the fan in me feels the Browns suck, everyone in the front office sucks, all the players either suck or will get hurt or move on, and nothing will ever change. I don't condone many of the moves they have made b/c they are uncondonable, but the next regime they bring in will probably be just as bad or worse. Nothing they do will make a difference. But that fan has accepted this a while ago.

At this point, I'm just looking for some intelligent non-emotionally-influenced football conversation.

I totally agree with this take. When I am watching football, the Browns are more or less background noise to the more exciting games on Sunday/Monday/Thursday. I've pretty much given up after 40+ years of some ups and mostly downs.

One positive is that now I can watch "good" football more objectively and enjoy it without my seal brown/orange shades on.

"Send in the Browns, never mind they are already here"
General

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Yeah, it says maybe he should've signed as an UDFA with some other team if he's got such a bitch about the Browns.

Who gives a shit if he was a Buckeye? That stops mattering to me the second they leave Columbus.

Who gives a shit if he had a cup of coffee for the Browns? That stops mattering to me the second they leave Berea.

He's just a guy from some college that signed as a UDFA with some NFL team and figured out that he probably wasn't gonna make it, so he opted for cushy Plan B.

I was just being a dick here, as opposed to my earlier statements that it is ridiculous you don't acknowledge that the rebirth era suck is far worse than any era of suck, ever.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby General » Wed May 16, 2012 3:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I was just being a dick here, as opposed to my earlier statements that it is ridiculous you don't acknowledge that the rebirth era suck is far worse than any era of suck, ever.

I keep referring to them as "The Pet Semetary" Browns. Thsy kinda look like them but they are evil and they suck.
General

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 3:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

This goes back to my detachment.

Suck is suck. Maybe it hurt more as a kid since I cared more. Maybe childhood just seems to take longer and time flies now (hard to believe it's been 14 years since The Return).

I'm sure if you tried, you could easily find a fan of the Bengals/Saints/Lions/Cardinals that would argue with you all day that their team's period of losing was worse than the Browns' period of losing.

A most bizarre pissing contest, but I'm sure there are plenty of takers out there.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh...okay... I get that. I'm good with that.

But because I'm sarcastic and jaded and make fun any number of moves they make isn't necessarily whining.

It's how I 'detach' from the situation.

Same way I deal with death actually.

There's a lot that doesn't come across in a post.

But hey, we can tell ourselves whatever we want. We still watch and wish with a rooting interest. It was still us and a bunch of other 'detached' and 'emotionally checked out' dudes at the Wright place three weeks ago waitng for picks to be announced that we either lauded or criticized.

If you're completely detached that doesn't come back. If you're completely emotionally checked out that flame can't be rekindled.

But I do believe you're right that people deal with it different ways. At the end of the day the fact we have to is what truly sucks.

Hikohadon wrote:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 pm

pup wrote:Pretty sure he quit before mini-camp. I believe he made up his mind before seeing all the All-Pros the Browns are running out there at LB and scared him away,

Winner ^^^^^^
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 16, 2012 3:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:Oh...okay... I get that. I'm good with that.

But because I'm sarcastic and jaded and make fun any number of moves they make isn't necessarily whining.

It's how I 'detach' from the situation.

Same way I deal with death actually.

There's a lot that doesn't come across in a post.

But hey, we can tell ourselves whatever we want. We still watch and wish with a rooting interest. It was still us and a bunch of other 'detached' and 'emotionally checked out' dudes at the Wright place three weeks ago waitng for picks to be announced that we either lauded or criticized.

If you're completely detached that doesn't come back. If you're completely emotionally checked out that flame can't be rekindled.

But I do believe you're right that people deal with it different ways. At the end of the day the fact we have to is what truly sucks.

Very true about how much doesn't come across on posts.

I'll never say I'm truly checked out. If I'm at a game, I'm loud as fuck.

Not so much at home anymore, but then there's usually some other game on that is less frustrating to me. Plus I have to check on my fantasy players, the teams I picked in the work football pool, I just don't have the energy to invest in hating the team I love(d).

Also my emotional attachment seems to be directly proportional to the amount of alcohol I drink.

But life has taught me to get angry, yell a lot, get it out quick, and be done with the emotion/move on. I can't go letting the fortunes of something I can't control (i.e. a sports team) affect me emotionally any more.

So when the Browns do yet another stupid thing, it doesn't rekindle some deep progressive soul-eating loathing that has been growing inside me for years and forces me to recount every mistake they've made since the dawn of time.

My ex-wife taught me how ugly that is.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

This mean you twos are done being the hand in hand bobsy twins with your unmanly avitars and such?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:42 am

No.

It does not.

We had a momentary lapse of reason and agreement (well, Hiko did...I was always on point and making bold moves).

We'll be fine. Probably by the end of the day rallying around something stupid or inflammatory that you say. ;-) ;) :wink:

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

This mean you twos are done being the hand in hand bobsy twins with your unmanly avitars and such?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

Jealousy does not become thee.
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL