Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Avengers

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Avengers

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 am

OK, who saw it?

Saw it in 3D with my 15 year old son and found it really fun. To me, it was probably the best big budget super hero movie Ive seen other than maybe Superman 1 & Spiderman 1. Probably better come to think about it,

Three reasons:

It knew what it was, and most importantly knew what it wasn't. CoughcoughDarkKnightpreachypoliticalbullshitcoughcough. Good guys get sucker punched. Good guys up against disaster and pushed to the edge of defeat despite struggling valiently. Deus ex mechina (Hulk). Good guys triumph over evil. ScarJo in tight leather.

Quality actors. Downey has this stuff nailed. Sam being Sam.

Really epic job at blowing shit up.

No one is going to confuse this with film who has half a brain, but I'd still rather go see this movie than any over wrought Malik crap.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 am

I've heard good things too. Apparently there's a cool teaser during the credits featuring a certain pissed off insanely powerful Titan.

I was told the Hulk is the "king of kickass", which is cool since the previous 2 stand alone movies were a shitburger deluxe. I guess he and Loki have a memorable confrontation.

I may go see it tonight.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:22 am

Saw it in 3D (I WAS DRUG THERE DAMNIT)

It was okay.

Hulk was a complete and utter badass, some standard fair Joss Whedon dialogue.... fun little movie.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I've heard good things too. Apparently there's a cool teaser during the credits featuring a certain pissed off insanely powerful Titan.

I was told the Hulk is the "king of kickass", which is cool since the previous 2 stand alone movies were a shitburger deluxe. I guess he and Loki have a memorable confrontation.

I may go see it tonight.



No big budget, CGI rant?

Hmm.... that's an early Oscar contender then.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22513
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

Oh and ScoJo is in it. I'd watch a Little Women remake if ScoJo was in it.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 am

Saying it was "as good as Spiderman I" is not a good review for me, since that was a steaming turd of a film. I felt like I was watching Power Rangers during the fight scenes with the Goblin.

Agree with E0's assessment of Ms. Johannsen's virtues.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:40 am

Even with the new small boobs she's still ScoJo.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 am

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I've heard good things too. Apparently there's a cool teaser during the credits featuring a certain pissed off insanely powerful Titan.

I was told the Hulk is the "king of kickass", which is cool since the previous 2 stand alone movies were a shitburger deluxe. I guess he and Loki have a memorable confrontation.

I may go see it tonight.



No big budget, CGI rant?

Hmm.... that's an early Oscar contender then.


It's comic book movie, I like comic books. Most comic book movies have been really bad. I'm one of the 9 people on Earth that didn't like Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. I want to see a cool version of The Hulk, because Hulk is badass.

And the Spiderman movies sucked balls too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Saw it in 3D (I WAS DRUG THERE DAMNIT)

It was okay.

Hulk was a complete and utter badass, some standard fair Joss Whedon dialogue.... fun little movie.


About as ringing endorsement of a non-hipster fare you could possibly expect from Lee. :clap:

Seriously, "fun little movie" is about right. It's almost summer....
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Saw it in 3D (I WAS DRUG THERE DAMNIT)

It was okay.

Hulk was a complete and utter badass, some standard fair Joss Whedon dialogue.... fun little movie.


About as ringing endorsement of a non-hipster fare you could possibly expect from Lee. :clap:

Seriously, "fun little movie" is about right. It's almost summer....


Did you stay for the credits?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Saw it in 3D (I WAS DRUG THERE DAMNIT)

It was okay.

Hulk was a complete and utter badass, some standard fair Joss Whedon dialogue.... fun little movie.


About as ringing endorsement of a non-hipster fare you could possibly expect from Lee. :clap:

Seriously, "fun little movie" is about right. It's almost summer....


Did you stay for the credits?



Come to think of it, no.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 am

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Saw it in 3D (I WAS DRUG THERE DAMNIT)

It was okay.

Hulk was a complete and utter badass, some standard fair Joss Whedon dialogue.... fun little movie.


About as ringing endorsement of a non-hipster fare you could possibly expect from Lee. :clap:

Seriously, "fun little movie" is about right. It's almost summer....


Did you stay for the credits?




Come to think of it, no.


Then you missed seeing a dude that could blink an eye and turn the entire Avengers crew, sans Hulk, into a pile of goo.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 am

There are two post credit scenes, saw both. The CGI on CDT's Titan was pretty bad, but he was intro'd. The scene at the very end was pure Joss Whedon being funny.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby cozmeesah » Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am

Saw it last Saturday night. I loved it. It's exactly what they intended it to be. Not deep at all, just 100% popcorn fun.

It's funny that my theater laughed harder at the Hulk/Loki moment than at anything in an actual comedy movie I've seen in years.

I had a little moment when they were at the Stuttgart thing when the old man stood up to Loki. (i.e. when they are in Public Square) I was watching when they were filming that. :nanner:

There's another short scene at the very end of the credits. It's different than the one CDT is talking about. Not relevant to the future films at all, but it's a little funny callback to something Tony Stark said.
cozmeesah
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 pm
Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

They threw him in there for a teaser for the fanbois. Which I admit to being.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby jb » Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Then you missed seeing a dude that could blink an eye and turn the entire Avengers crew, sans Hulk, into a pile of goo.



Lee on any NBA forum late night after a bunch of scotch?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm all about rainbows, unicorns and chocolate rivers
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Image
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 pm

YA THANOS!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Fri May 11, 2012 4:11 pm

I'll wait until it's at the $1 theater. Not a huge fan of comics or comic book movies.

How did Cleveland look?
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Orenthal wrote:YA THANOS!



Fucking Thanos...... Mother fucker could eat Wolverine for breakfast and shit adamantium turds by bedtime.

Only a few rivals in terms of pure power I can think of. Galactus? The Beyonder? Weird gold dude with 3 faces.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:YA THANOS!



Fucking Thanos...... Mother fucker could eat Wolverine for breakfast and shit adamantium turds by bedtime.

Only a few rivals in terms of pure power I can think of. Galactus? The Beyonder? Weird gold dude with 3 faces.


One day I was at a book store looking for a Qur'an and whammo I see Thanos teaming up with "good guys" cuz his sister somehow got ahold of the Infinity Guantlet, I forgot what I was doing and spent about 10 minutes skimming.

Ya, Galactus was the first that came to mind. Though Apocalypse was always my favorite villian. Never got much past "mainstream" comics.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:YA THANOS!



Fucking Thanos...... Mother fucker could eat Wolverine for breakfast and shit adamantium turds by bedtime.

Only a few rivals in terms of pure power I can think of. Galactus? The Beyonder? Weird gold dude with 3 faces.


One day I was at a book store looking for a Qur'an and whammo I see Thanos teaming up with "good guys" cuz his sister somehow got ahold of the Infinity Guantlet, I forgot what I was doing and spent about 10 minutes skimming.

Ya, Galactus was the first that came to mind. Though Apocalypse was always my favorite villian. Never got much past "mainstream" comics.



Dude, go get 100 Bullets. It's right up your alley. Preacher too, it's strange, perverse, funny, and just fucking awesome.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 am

Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 am

FUDU wrote:Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"


He was "killed" by Doomsday, sans Kryptonite. But in comics, the dead rarely stay dead. Then they wrote an awful return arc with Johnathan Kent, The Eradicator (the Last Son Of Krypton), and the regeneration matrix.

But anyway, Superman sucks, he's a stiff just like Batman. I'm not surprised you like a Wonder Bread character like him.

Thanos would destroy Superman. He has the power manipulate matter on a molecular level. He could make a kryptonite cock and fuck Superman to death.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby jfiling » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"


He was "killed" by Doomsday, sans Kryptonite. But in comics, the dead rarely stay dead. Then they wrote an awful return arc with Johnathan Kent, The Eradicator (the Last Son Of Krypton), and the regeneration matrix.

But anyway, Superman sucks, he's a stiff just like Batman. I'm not surprised you like a Wonder Bread character like him.

Thanos would destroy Superman. He has the power manipulate matter on a molecular level. He could make a kryptonite cock and fuck Superman to death.

Only when he's got the Infinity Gauntlet, no? BTW, Adam Warlock always seems to kick Thanos' ass.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 13, 2012 11:42 pm

jfiling wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"


He was "killed" by Doomsday, sans Kryptonite. But in comics, the dead rarely stay dead. Then they wrote an awful return arc with Johnathan Kent, The Eradicator (the Last Son Of Krypton), and the regeneration matrix.

But anyway, Superman sucks, he's a stiff just like Batman. I'm not surprised you like a Wonder Bread character like him.

Thanos would destroy Superman. He has the power manipulate matter on a molecular level. He could make a kryptonite cock and fuck Superman to death.

Only when he's got the Infinity Gauntlet, no? BTW, Adam Warlock always seems to kick Thanos' ass.



Yes. He would need the IG to control matter. Even without it he's still one of the most powerful characters in Marvell. Warlock knows Thanos better than anyone, maybe even Death. Warlock always seems to need Thanos' help. I'm a big AW fan, one of the most underrated dudes in comics, but Thanos is more powerful.

And he's back.....in the new Avengers Assemble.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"


He was "killed" by Doomsday, sans Kryptonite. But in comics, the dead rarely stay dead. Then they wrote an awful return arc with Johnathan Kent, The Eradicator (the Last Son Of Krypton), and the regeneration matrix.

But anyway, Superman sucks, he's a stiff just like Batman. I'm not surprised you like a Wonder Bread character like him.

Thanos would destroy Superman. He has the power manipulate matter on a molecular level. He could make a kryptonite cock and fuck Superman to death.

There's something about a 6'10" man being so into comics that makes me laugh.

Meanwhile I could handle Thanos with one hand tied behind my back, I'd just close the book.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 13, 2012 11:59 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Superman is the shit.

First off nobody can get kryptonite, and he is a SUPER man.

His chest should read "GFY"


He was "killed" by Doomsday, sans Kryptonite. But in comics, the dead rarely stay dead. Then they wrote an awful return arc with Johnathan Kent, The Eradicator (the Last Son Of Krypton), and the regeneration matrix.

But anyway, Superman sucks, he's a stiff just like Batman. I'm not surprised you like a Wonder Bread character like him.

Thanos would destroy Superman. He has the power manipulate matter on a molecular level. He could make a kryptonite cock and fuck Superman to death.

There's something about a 6'10" man being so into comics that makes me laugh.

Meanwhile I could handle Thanos with one hand tied behind my back, I'd just close the book.


We all have our hobbies and interests.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 14, 2012 12:32 am

True.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13350
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 am

Once I remembered that it was filmed in Cleveland, I spent the latter 30 minutes of the movie enjoying the fight scenes and watching the buildings to see all the cleveland buildings.....looking for the seams in the CGI. Pretty entertaining.

Movie gets an A from me. Just light enough, didn't take itself to seriously, and didn't drag. Hope they make another 1 or 2 on the Avengers plotline, now that they've built it up, appropriately.

Wouldn't mind seeing an X-men crossover.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 14, 2012 6:48 pm

The Avengers 2 will be a lot darker, characters are gonna die.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Avengers 2 will be a lot darker, characters are gonna die.


Think it'll be as good as Transformers II?

Sellout...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22513
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 14, 2012 7:52 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Avengers 2 will be a lot darker, characters are gonna die.


Think it'll be as good as Transformers II?

Sellout...


Transformers were awful movies with terrible acting that had to be compensated by giant CGI robots (which WERE the best actors). Avengers was a good movie with ok acting and some awesome scenes (Hulk doing anything. Loki was the best).

Listen, it's not brainiac material, it's just $8 popcorn fun for comic fanboys like me.

So fuck you, Johnny Hipster.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Avengers 2 will be a lot darker, characters are gonna die.


Think it'll be as good as Transformers II?

Sellout...


Transformers were awful movies with terrible acting that had to be compensated by giant CGI robots (which WERE the best actors). Avengers was a good movie with ok acting and some awesome scenes (Hulk doing anything. Loki was the best).

Listen, it's not brainiac material, it's just $8 popcorn fun for comic fanboys like me.

So fuck you, Johnny Hipster.


I'm calling you 'Big Budget' from now on. Changing your name in my phone to it.

Yep..... doing it now....

And...... done...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22513
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Well at least it's not "asshole" anymore.

Movin' on up!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Avengers

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well at least it's not "asshole" anymore.

Movin' on up!



No way I could keep track of everyone in my phone I called assholes.

It'd be a classification system that rivaled the Dewey Decimal System.

"AssholeCOL-CDT614295" That's tough. That incorporates the fact you're an asshole from Columbus, a known nickname, an area code and a random number for assured unique identification.

If I say "Big Budget" I know who it is and it pretty much screams out you're an asshole.

See?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22513
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Avengers

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Avengers 2 will be a lot darker, characters are gonna die.


Think it'll be as good as Transformers II?

Sellout...


Transformers were awful movies with terrible acting that had to be compensated by giant CGI robots (which WERE the best actors). Avengers was a good movie with ok acting and some awesome scenes (Hulk doing anything. Loki was the best).

Listen, it's not brainiac material, it's just $8 popcorn fun for comic fanboys like me.

So fuck you, Johnny Hipster.

I can no longer think of Transformers without thinking of Alex Jones.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Avengers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon May 14, 2012 9:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well at least it's not "asshole" anymore.

Movin' on up!



No way I could keep track of everyone in my phone I called assholes.

It'd be a classification system that rivaled the Dewey Decimal System.

"AssholeCOL-CDT614295" That's tough. That incorporates the fact you're an asshole from Columbus, a known nickname, an area code and a random number for assured unique identification.

If I say "Big Budget" I know who it is and it pretty much screams out you're an asshole.

See?


You're not considering changing my name from Generalisimo Superkickass Longfellow to something else, are you?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7686
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Avengers

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well at least it's not "asshole" anymore.

Movin' on up!



No way I could keep track of everyone in my phone I called assholes.

It'd be a classification system that rivaled the Dewey Decimal System.

"AssholeCOL-CDT614295" That's tough. That incorporates the fact you're an asshole from Columbus, a known nickname, an area code and a random number for assured unique identification.

If I say "Big Budget" I know who it is and it pretty much screams out you're an asshole.

See?


You're not considering changing my name from Generalisimo Superkickass Longfellow to something else, are you?


You're in there: Lil-kok
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22513
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson


Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest