Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Brandon Weeden FTW

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Brandon Weeden FTW

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Now that is some poetic shit.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 pm

"Your admission.about those passes being thrown because they knee
They. Oils get away with it vs lesser tale t wa the honesty. I was trying. To
Get you to.convey in your original reply ."

lolwut
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:

lolwut

Any college QB is going to make throws in college that he dare not in the NFL. How quickly they learn which throws they can/can't make at the NFL level is one of the main keys to their development.

Throwing age aside, how does Weeden rate talent-wise? I think he's the 3rd best QB prospect in this year's draft, which isn't a slight on him since this draft had Luck and RG3.

How about the 2011 draft? Cam is probably still the #1 QB, but Weeden's a better prospect than anyone else in that class.

2010? He's probably the best prospect in that draft. His arm is stronger than Bradford's and he's less injury-prone.

As we know, being a really solid prospect doesn't mean shit. It gives you the chance to be a good NFL QB (which Colt never really had), but there are no guarantees.

But it's nice to finally have a guy that at least has a sperm's chance of finding the egg, instead of these schmoes that never made it out of the condom.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Hikohadon wrote:But it's nice to finally have a guy that at least has a sperm's chance of finding the egg, instead of these schmoes that never made it out of the condom.

Typicially, a few hundred to a few thousand sperm reach the oviducts following a single mating, which usually represents far less than one percent of the sperm in the ejaculate.

So you're saying there's a chance!!!!

The vagina represents a hostile environment for sperm, and their continued survival depends on getting into more hospitable regions of the female tract. In their journey from vagina to oviduct, sperm must overcome a series of barriers, each of which eliminates a substantial proportion of the original population of sperm:

Substitute 'Pittsburgh' for 'vagina' and I think we're getting somewhere, so to speak. The rest would be eerily accurate if you also sub "NFL Playoffs" for "more hospitable regions of the female tract".

I could go on with this and make it awesomer, but I have to mix on some of what they pay me to do here.

Damnit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:But it's nice to finally have a guy that at least has a sperm's chance of finding the egg, instead of these schmoes that never made it out of the condom.

Typicially, a few hundred to a few thousand sperm reach the oviducts following a single mating, which usually represents far less than one percent of the sperm in the ejaculate.

That's exactly where I was going with that, thank you. I didn't want anyone to confuse my statements for optimism.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:

The vagina represents a hostile environment for sperm, and their continued survival depends on getting into more hospitable regions of the female tract. In their journey from vagina to oviduct, sperm must overcome a series of barriers, each of which eliminates a substantial proportion of the original population of sperm:

Substitute 'Pittsburgh' for 'vagina' and I think we're getting somewhere, so to speak. The rest would be eerily accurate if you also sub "NFL Playoffs" for "more hospitable regions of the female tract".

I could go on with this and make it awesomer, but I have to mix on some of what they pay me to do here.

Damnit.

SD:

They pay you ,??

all this time i thought you was being an asshole because you was dedicatated :)

Tell Hiko more sperm and Vagina talk , that might explain our trips in the wrong direction out of the hole down the leg and more toward the ass crack .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:

lolwut

Dummy with smartphone .

Them little itsy bitsy keys keep a wiggling .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Throwing age aside, how does Weeden rate talent-wise? I think he's the 3rd best QB prospect in this year's draft, which isn't a slight on him since this draft had Luck and RG3.

How about the 2011 draft? Cam is probably still the #1 QB, but Weeden's a better prospect than anyone else in that class.

2010? He's probably the best prospect in that draft. His arm is stronger than Bradford's and he's less injury-prone.

Knowing that, and knowing his age, how many current starting QBs in the NFL would you take Weeden over right now to start a franchise with?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Throwing age aside, how does Weeden rate talent-wise? I think he's the 3rd best QB prospect in this year's draft, which isn't a slight on him since this draft had Luck and RG3.

Knowing that, and knowing his age, how many current starting QBs in the NFL would you take Weeden over right now to start a franchise with?

This is impossible to say since I've seen them play in the NFL and I haven't seen down one from Weeden. Based on potential and the relative suckitude of the team's QB, I'd say Seattle, Arizona, KC, Miami... the usual suspects. It's hard to say I'd jettison Dalton for Weeden when I already know what Dalton can do and Weeden is a 28 year old wildcard. He's got more potential than Dalton, and if Weeden were 23 I might take that chance, but you can't give up a functional known for an unknown if that unknown is 28.

A better way to ask this question is which NFL QB's would I clearly take before Weeden if they were all in this year's draft and we don't know yet how they'll do in the NFL and they were all the same age.

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
RG3
Cam Newton
Mike Vick

In this scenario, I'd lump Weed about even prospect-wise with Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Eli, Rivers, Bradford, and POS since they're all kind of the same type of player. I would put Alex Smith on about the same level prospect-wise, b/c I thought he was just a decent passer coming out but very mobile.

I also think Jamarcus Russell was a better pure prospect than Weeden, which goes to show you that being a good prospect doesn't guarantee anything.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:

This is impossible to say since I've seen them play in the NFL and I haven't seen down one from Weeden. Based on potential and the relative suckitude of the team's QB, I'd say Seattle, Arizona, KC, Miami... the usual suspects. It's hard to say I'd jettison Dalton for Weeden when I already know what Dalton can do and Weeden is a 28 year old wildcard. He's got more potential than Dalton, and if Weeden were 23 I might take that chance, but you can't give up a functional known for an unknown if that unknown is 28.

A better way to ask this question is which NFL QB's would I clearly take before Weeden if they were all in this year's draft and we don't know yet how they'll do in the NFL and they were all the same age.

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
RG3
Cam Newton
Mike Vick

In this scenario, I'd lump Weed about even prospect-wise with Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Eli, Rivers, Bradford, and POS since they're all kind of the same type of player. I would put Alex Smith on about the same level prospect-wise, b/c I thought he was just a decent passer coming out but very mobile.

I also think Jamarcus Russell was a better pure prospect than Weeden, which goes to show you that being a good prospect doesn't guarantee anything.

SD:

Weeds looks the part Hiko , he also talks the part , enumerating that the Superbowl is the ultimate goal which is a refreshing take from the pablum of the past .

However as he talks that talk so shall we see if he can walk that walk .

If he can we're in the chips and champaign for everybody , except FMB who still grieving over the demise of his fan boyeee .

I've been hard on this dogshit regime , for good reason , they tried to sell shit warmed up and perfumed garbage at QB , with first Delhomme and a year of waste with Colt and no parachute .

But these asswipes may have gotten something right this time despite themselves, either accidentally or on purpose ,.

Lets hope so , the days of getting our ass kicked by every tom dick and Mary in the division have gotten old .

Finally somebody who can pull the trigger and put the onus on the receivers to make plays instead of using them as fall guys because your pitiful bitch ass QB can't throw further than he can piss with the wind .

He's got the arm , he looks the part , does he have the sand ................

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby noles1 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Means little 6 mos form now but nothing but positives and even "surprises" in remarks on Weeden, Richardson and Smelley.

Other surprise was the Cooper kid that played slot for OK St. this year. Really liked the bond he and Weeden have.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:12 pm

noles1 wrote:Means little 6 mos form now but nothing but positives and even "surprises" in remarks on Weeden, Richardson and Smelley.

Other surprise was the Cooper kid that played slot for OK St. this year. Really liked the bond he and Weeden have.

SD:

you thinking what i'm thinking , Brennan wasn't the fastest but Kosar could always depend on him to make that catch in traffic in the middle no less where receivers were routinely killed back in that day .

Hope he makes it , team needs some tough hard as nails guys who don't take these gifts for granted and just plain out work and out hustle everybody to earn a job .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun May 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Should be interesting watching Norwood, Benjamin, and cooper fight it out for rights to the slot. Wish one of them could split out wide.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Weeds looks the part Hiko , he also talks the part , enumerating that the Superbowl is the ultimate goal which is a refreshing take from the pablum of the past .

However as he talks that talk so shall we see if he can walk that walk .

If he can we're in the chips and champaign for everybody , except FMB who still grieving over the demise of his fan boyeee .

I've been hard on this dogshit regime , for good reason , they tried to sell shit warmed up and perfumed garbage at QB , with first Delhomme and a year of waste with Colt and no parachute .

But these asswipes may have gotten something right this time despite themselves, either accidentally or on purpose ,.

Lets hope so , the days of getting our ass kicked by every tom dick and Mary in the division have gotten old .

Finally somebody who can pull the trigger and put the onus on the receivers to make plays instead of using them as fall guys because your pitiful bitch ass QB can't throw further than he can piss with the wind .

He's got the arm , he looks the part , does he have the sand ................

SoulDawg

Couldn't agree more. I speak purely on a prospect basis. Plenty of good prospects have bit the dust.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 am

With the Indians beginning their summer death spiral on time, i'm incredibly excited to start football season. The Meyer era and the first meaningful action for Weeds seems pretty far off on the horizon....and i'm as excited as i've ever been.

Need to see the kid throw with his actual receivers against real defenses. Want to see if the young D can improve. Want to see what Benjamin is capable of with real DB's checking him.

Most importantly, if Weeds sucks, I can't WAIT to be there on December 16th when RGIII and the average ass Redskins roll into town; if RGIII plays lights out, I want to be there for the riot/occupy Berea.

I was at a game 5 years ago that they were handing out Tasty Cakes pastries.....when they ran out, and only a fraction of the crowd got one, fans started rocking the vans and chucking tasty cakes at the employees. The Browns had just lost 33-3 to the Ravens, so......I didn't judge.

That mob was the first thing that came to mind when RGIII went to the Skins. Hoooooooo boy.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am

Did not want to create a new thread.

Any news on Weeden, and TRs contract? Between Mini camp, OTAs, and there little publicity tour, I think its got lost in the shuffle.

Are other teams in the same boat as far as 1st rounders go? Are we just waiting for one guy to sign , and then the rest of the dominoes fall?
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 am

Govbarney wrote:Did not want to create a new thread.

Any news on Weeden, and TRs contract? Between Mini camp, OTAs, and there little publicity tour, I think its got lost in the shuffle.

Are other teams in the same boat as far as 1st rounders go? Are we just waiting for one guy to sign , and then the rest of the dominoes fall?

I read somewhere yesterday or the day before that that TR said his contract was almost done, just waiting for Luck and RG3 to sign. "Waiting for the big boys" as he put it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

If I recall Taylor missed 4 days last season and he was pick 20 , his hold up was waiting on pick 19 and 21. Either way I am not as concerned about TR missing the first few days of Training Camp, Weeden on the other hand cannot afford to miss 4 days of full pad workouts.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Withe the new CBA I anticipate no holdouts.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 pm

jb wrote:Withe the new CBA I anticipate no holdouts.

The new CBA was I effect last year and Taylor still Held out. It's all about guerenteed $ now
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:52 pm

I hear MKC reported Colt won't be here by week one on the radio today.

Shocking reporting, I tell you, shocking. Making a prediction EVERYONE made about 10 seconds after Weeden's name was called in April.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 pm

justmebd wrote:I hear MKC reported Colt won't be here by week one on the radio today.

Shocking reporting, I tell you, shocking. Making a prediction EVERYONE made about 10 seconds after Weeden's name was called in April.

Well, If Colt isn't here who's going to be throwing to Blackmon, who MKC assured us the Browns would be drafting?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
justmebd wrote:I hear MKC reported Colt won't be here by week one on the radio today.

Well, If Colt isn't here who's going to be throwing to Blackmon, who MKC assured us the Browns would be drafting?

Quit confusing the issue with facts.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 pm

Like Grossi has some midas touch of suck that he fingerbanged MKC with on the way out.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby snuffy1384 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 am

Brandon Weeden may not be Peyton Manning, but he is much better than anything we have right now. He will have growing pains, but if he can make throws that leave us saying wow then I will be happy. If you want to read more go to www.brownietheelf.com
snuffy1384

Favorite Player: Richardson
Least Favorite Player: Sheldon Brown

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

snuffy1384 wrote:Brandon Weeden may not be Peyton Manning, but he is much better than anything we have right now. He will have growing pains, but if he can make throws that leave us saying wow then I will be happy. If you want to read more go to http://www.brownietheelf.com

I'll say this the nice way.

Welcome to the boards. We're glad to have you. Maybe you should contribute a little bit before you start spamming every thread you post in with your own website.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 am

I'll say this like Eyore: Learn to write at a high school level of literacy before you post your incomprehensible ramblings on the internet.

P.S. Your blog sucks.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 am

snuffy1384 wrote:Brandon Weeden may not be Peyton Manning, but he is much better than anything we have right now. He will have growing pains, but if he can make throws that leave us saying wow then I will be happy. If you want to read more go to http://www.brownietheelf.com

I'll be a bit more direct: there are posts in this thread that are longer than your 'article' and that offer more analaysis.

Hard-hitting, cutting edge stuff such as this from your 'article', is terrific if you're talking with the girls at the gym.

BW3 I think will be a huge upgrade at the QB position. He may have flaws, but then again every rookie has them.

But please don't link it from here.

You're welcome to participate in the discussions, have your say and do what else you will, but our Hitting the Fan bits have more depth and analysis. After you've been here a while and after you've added something then it's a different story. There's just nothing in that blog that you can't say here in as many words.

Thanks in advance for the cooperation.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks guys, now I actually have to go look at the link out of curiosity.

Edit: Fuck you guys. Assholes. I was fine without that.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:26 am

motherscratcher wrote:Thanks guys, now I actually have to go look at the link out of curiosity.

Edit: Fuck you guys. Assholes. I was fine without that.

Sorry MS, I tried to get this link in before you dug in:

Gradysmanldy

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 am

motherscratcher wrote:Thanks guys, now I actually have to go look at the link out of curiosity.

Hey, if people can write and add insight I'm all for reading it. Mostly in order to hire it.

I used to have a dentist that wrote a weekly article here that people fucking loved. Then the douchebag just stopped.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am

I think about it every day, and that's not an exaggeration. And then a year goes by.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am

Feh.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Feh.

Really felt the need to make that bold statement, huh.

Adding..... what exactly?

Well, thanks anyway. That kind of contribution, depth and analysis puts you in the running for a guest spot on Brownietheelf.com

Dick.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Govbarney » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 am

Its still more insightful then anything Mike Florio wrote.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am

Govbarney wrote:

Its still more insightful then anything Mike Florio wrote.

I haven't ruled out the possibility that snuffy IS Florio.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

I don't endorse anything that could potentially push more dentist upon the world.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

motherscratcher wrote:I think about it every day, and that's not an exaggeration. And then a year goes by.

You've just described the screenplay that I've been about to start for the last 5 years.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am

^ a follow-up to Cannibal The Musical?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:^ a follow-up to Cannibal The Musical?

That might be good. Now I've got a dilemma.
Hikohadon

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL