Text Size

No Holds Barred

Obama vs Federal Inmate 1159

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Obama vs Federal Inmate 1159

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:52 pm

:lmfao:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jamie-dupree-washi ... 11593-051/

As I like to say about political news, sometimes "you can't make this stuff up." And on Tuesday night, there was another installment of that, as a federal prison inmate won over 40% of the Democratic Primary vote against President Obama in West Virginia.

Really. That's what really happened.

As of midnight, the prisoner had won 10 of the 55 counties in West Virginia.

"West Virginia Democrats are completely different from anywhere else in the country," tweeted Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling as the returns came in last night.

"Obama's approval with West Virginia Democrats on our last poll there was 45%," said Jensen, who added "what's happening there is not that shocking."

That was evident when Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV)- former Governor and now Senator running for re-election - wouldn't even tell reporters if he voted for President Obama in the primary.

So did he vote for the inmate? Okay, I'm just kidding.

Whether you think this is a legitimate news story isn't the point - it is what we call "man bites dog" when a federal prison inmate doing time for making threats on college campuses can take 41% of the vote in a statewide primary.

Especially when his opponent is the President of the United States.

Who is Inmate 11593-051? Keith Judd is his name - he actually ran for President before in 2008 from his prison cell, and garnered 1.7% in the Democratic Primary in Idaho.

This time, Judd forked over the $2500 filing fee to get on the ballot in West Virginia, and actually made himself eligible for delegates at the Democratic Party convention in September.

But don't bet on him getting any.

Of course, the fact that an inmate could win counties in West Virginia named for Daniel Boone, Henry Clay and Daniel Webster made critics of the President roll with laughter on the internet last night.

"I know some folks from Boone County. I can't say I find this shocking," said one on Twitter.

But if you look back at 2008, Mr. Obama actually carried Boone County on election night against John McCain.

Does it matter that Mr. Obama couldn't break 60% in West Virginia? Probably not. He certainly isn't favored to win that state in November.

But should you ignore the fact that someone in jail could get over 40% of the vote against the President?

Something tells me that is what we call "news."
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Obama vs Federal Inmate 1159

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

North Carolina voters are still more embarrassing.

This is pretty awesome though.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 3:15 pm

*dueling banjos*

North Caralana "We don't want dem queers gettin all married and havin gay sex. THINK OF TEH CHILDREN!"
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Says a whole hell of a lot about the uneducated hillbillies of West Virginia.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Says a whole hell of a lot about the uneducated hillbillies of West Virginia.

Says to me there are 40% fewer than I thought there were yesterday. :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:*dueling banjos*

North Caralana "We don't want dem queers gettin all married and havin gay sex. THINK OF TEH CHILDREN!"

Your ignorance about Southerners isn't really different from North Carolina's supposed ignorance about gay marriage.

North Carolina actually has quite an influx of young professionals and teachers heading that way. People who would likely be considered in the middle or to the left. Just look at the 2008 Presidential election. Went from 56/44 Republican to 50/49 Democrat. I expect the gap to be even wider this year.

The proposed measure likely failed solely because of the motivated religious vote who are well within their right to disagree with gay marriage based on their religious beliefs.

I can't imagine a lot of people give a shit one way or another about gay marriage. But the thousands and thousands of religious people in the South form the most motivated group to go and vote against it. Far more motivated than people who firmly believe in gay marriage or would say "Ah, what the hell" and vote for it.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 4:33 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:*dueling banjos*

Your ignorance about Southerners isn't really different from North Carolina's supposed ignorance about gay marriage.

North Carolina actually has quite an influx of young professionals and teachers heading that way. People who would likely be considered in the middle or to the left. Just look at the 2008 Presidential election. Went from 56/44 Republican to 50/49 Democrat. I expect the gap to be even wider this year.

The proposed measure likely failed solely because of the motivated religious vote who are well within their right to disagree with gay marriage based on their religious beliefs.

I can't imagine a lot of people give a shit one way or another about gay marriage. But the thousands and thousands of religious people in the South form the most motivated group to go and vote against it. Far more motivated than people who firmly believe in gay marriage or would say "Ah, what the hell" and vote for it.

Please.

There shouldn't even be a goddamn vote on the issue. If straight people can get married, so can gays. Rights apply to everyone or no one.

YOUR religion should not be able to affect my life. They're imposing their dumb superstition on the lives of other people.

I've yet to hear any even remotely convincing argument for why gays can't marry.

Fuck the south.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm still wondering why gays haven't had a hissy fit about constantly being called gays.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I thought Republicans were all anti-big government and shit? What's more big government than telling others who they can and can't marry?

The religious blacks (most probably vote Democrat)in the south are just as guilty as the Confederate flag waving fucksticks.

It's 2012.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Please.

There shouldn't even be a goddamn vote on the issue. If straight people can get married, so can gays. Rights apply to everyone or no one.

YOUR religion should not be able to affect my life. They're imposing their dumb superstition on the lives of other people.

I've yet to hear any even remotely convincing argument for why gays can't marry.

Fuck the south.

Typical. Fuck everyone else for what they believe because it's different from you. Everybody should be an atheist.

Not like it's just the South. States like Minnesota, Nebraska, Arizona, etc. don't allow gay marriage. 44 states don't allow it.

There's a vote on the issue because marriage is legally defined, usually in the state constitution, as between a man and a woman. It takes a vote to amend that. That's the way it's always been.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I never said "everyone should be an Atheist", I said you cannot impose your goofy religious beliefs on someone else.

And yes, fuck the religious. Christian, Jew, Muslim, whatever.

Most of those stupid amendments have been passed in the last 15 years.

46% of GOPers in Mississippi would be in favor of banning interracial marriage. IN 2012!

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/08/46-pe ... -marriage/

The south, fuck it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I thought Republicans were all anti-big government and shit? What's more big government than telling others who they can and can't marry?

This always irks me as well. Can't fly the big government flag if you want to use the government to stop the things you dont like. I really just think this issue is beyond stupid, there are so many better places to stake the GOP flag. Its going to happen, the tides are changed for educated people, why be on the wrong side of the issue?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

My whole bag is this. If it doesn't affect my life, and they aren't hurting or stealing from anyone, I don't give a shit what you do. It's not my business. No gay people ever told me I couldn't marry my wife because of some ancient book. Why would I do it to them?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:My whole bag is this. If it doesn't affect my life, and they aren't hurting or stealing from anyone, I don't give a shit what you do. It's not my business. No gay people ever told me I couldn't marry my wife because of some ancient book. Why would I do it to them?

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. But answer me this, why do they have to insist on the concept/construct of marriage, when they have the opportunity to civilly union? IOW, same difference.

...another poster has brought this up in the past and I felt it was always a valid point.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 6:34 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:My whole bag is this. If it doesn't affect my life, and they aren't hurting or stealing from anyone, I don't give a shit what you do. It's not my business. No gay people ever told me I couldn't marry my wife because of some ancient book. Why would I do it to them?

I'm pretty much in agreement with you. But answer me this, why do they have to insist on the concept/construct of marriage, when they have the opportunity to civilly union? IOW, same difference.

...another poster has brought this up in the past and I felt it was always a valid point.

Why the semantics? Just call it "marriage" and be done with it. We won't have to hear about it anymore.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 09, 2012 6:42 pm

That's the crux, for the religious (and others) that feel the need to vote against this. I mean honestly, they could say "why the semantics, you have your civil unions and be done with it".

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Because it reeks of "separate but equal".

I'm hard on religion and I know that offends some people, which I regret. But it's how I honestly feel.

I don't know why the religious even care, it has no bearing whatsoever on their lives.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Because it reeks of "separate but equal".

I'm hard on religion and I know that offends some people, which I regret. But it's how I honestly feel.

I don't know why the religious even care, it has no bearing whatsoever on their lives.

My guess is they care b/c marriage is strictly defined by their beliefs AND is the pinnacle of relations between a man & a woman.

IMO the gay marriage issue is the same as the nuclear energy debate, in that most people are for nuclear energy, they just don't want the nuclear plant anywhere close to them.

FUDU

Unread postby jerryroche » Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 pm

skatingtripods wrote:There's a vote on the issue because marriage is legally defined, usually in the state constitution, as between a man and a woman.

One of the reasons that marriage is legally defined is because the government treats married couples differently than it treats singles (e.g. taxation). Everybody should be treated the same, single or married, and everybody should have the opportunity to stay single or get married according to their own beliefs and preferences.

In other words—and, no surprise, this comes from a moderate conservative—the government should not legislate morality. That goes for marriage, sexual preference, stem-cell research, abortion and all the other crap that should be defined by an individual's contract with his or her god and not by government.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Did you just compare 2 people getting married to a nuclear power plant?

The holy sanctity of marriage........ where about half end in divorce. The pinnacle.

And who gets to define marriage?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 pm

jerryroche wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:There's a vote on the issue because marriage is legally defined, usually in the state constitution, as between a man and a woman.

One of the reasons that marriage is legally defined is because the government treats married couples differently than it treats singles (e.g. taxation). Everybody should be treated the same, single or married, and everybody should have the opportunity to stay single or get married according to their own beliefs and preferences.

In other words—and, no surprise, this comes from a moderate conservative—the government should not legislate morality. That goes for marriage, sexual preference, stem-cell research, abortion and all the other crap that should be defined by an individual's contract with his or her god and not by government.

THIS. Like 1,000,000,000,000 times.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:50 pm

The Republicans hate civil rights and are as big of spenders as the Dems. What is good about them again?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Again, it's still semantics, they can still be together through a civil union.

IMO this issue is one of the bigger wastes of time.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 pm

FUDU wrote:Again, it's still semantics, they can still be together through a civil union.

IMO this issue is one of the bigger wastes of time.

Waste of time sure, but who's fault is that? If people could just mind their own fucking business...
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Republicans hate civil rights and are as big of spenders as the Dems. What is good about them again?

Let's tally dem deficits. Republican are almost as big of spenders... The almost is the only thing good about them.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Just wait until the Chinese want their money back.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby dmiles » Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Republicans hate civil rights and are as big of spenders as the Dems. What is good about them again?

C'mon repubs are excellent stewards of my cash. So true to their "fiscal conservative claims".

Alright I'll bite what is this Civil Rights movement you speak of? I am not a young hip-cat I thought we gave that shit up in the 90s.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Gay Marriage, free speech (OWS, etc), abortion, pretty much everything on the bill of rights that doesn't involve guns or freedom to murder people.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 pm

I loved Obama giving that exclusive to Robin Roberts even though his entire administration has been testing the waters on this issue for weeks now, and his position has always been an evolution even though he is 100% fine with gay marriage. Fucking HACK POL. This one is an outlier even for politics, in its calculation.

Fuck that asshole, even though I love his look the other way covert foreign policy. <-Fair and Balanced!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Politicians all suck, at least with Obama you don't have to worry about a Supreme Court Justice dying a car a wreck and getting replaced with a neo-christian that hates liberty.

And first term presidents NEVER get to state their true beliefs without first vetting the election impact. Another byproduct of our shit system.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Gay Marriage, free speech (OWS, etc), abortion, pretty much everything on the bill of rights that doesn't involve guns or freedom to murder people.

Are you telling me people are inconsistent in how they apply their principles?

Dinosaur farts...

PUHLEZE like mother fucking Kagen won't tell you how to live your life according to in same restrictive fashion. No difference among the hacks.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And first term presidents NEVER get to state their true beliefs without first vetting the election impact. Another byproduct of our shit system.

That's simply not true. Nixon? Obama? yea, but I could, feh no I can't I'm tired. Bottom line Obama sucks and I hate him and all Democrats like him. And all Republicans like Santorum. Balanced.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:41 pm

OJ, this is nowhere near Nixon. We live in a country where gay marriage swings elections, GM gets handouts for votes... etc.

The system, in its current state, is broken and the direct result is pussy politicians afraid to say anything that might cost them a vote or lobby group.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Can't argue how bad it is now. I got stuck on NEVER, I get yer point.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Orenthal wrote:Fuck that asshole, even though I love his look the other way covert foreign policy. <-Fair and Balanced!

Quiet you. This is the foreign policy you love.

Especially when it's implemented by a goofy retard of a POTUS.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu May 10, 2012 12:06 am

Problem all over the world today is that political strategy in almost all mainstream parties is based on making the most short-term populist promises in order to get elected. Forget delivering on them...just make the promises and get in the door....

Populist agenda's/promises have always been there (particularly state and local) but the degree it is present now in key national elections is horrendous.

Too much of the population wants the government to provide too much and for someonne else to pay for it.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 am

FUDU wrote:

Incorrect. The hillbillies in the Colorado house just used childish tricks to run out the clock on the legislative session so the civil union bill wouldn't even come up to vote.

Letting the religious right run this country is far worse than anything Obama can come up with. Any politician who disagrees or blocks this legislation is either a moron or pandering.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 am

I like that picture CDT. Kudos!
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:44 am

At least with Obama we don't have to live in fear of the end of the Bill of Rights a member of the supreme court die in a car wreck tomorrow.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:At least with Obama we don't have to live in fear of the end of the Bill of Rights a member of the supreme court die in a car wreck tomorrow.

You seem to be somewhat fixated on that. As if it's the thread to to a critical conspiracy, the likes of which this conspiratorial country was built on.

Politicians and influential insiders die like that all the time. Repubs, dems. Car accidents. 'random' crimes, treadmill 'heart attacks', vacation 'accidents'.

Don't be naive or stupid enough to believe that's the arena of one party or another. There's nothing going on here that's different than the last 250 years when political foes hated and killed each other. Then they did it in the Square. Times call for more discretion.

C'mon. People act like what they're living through is the most dramatic and ifluential period of time in history where their own views take on added importance and everything wrong in the country is more pronounced.

Shake your fucking selves. This is what it is. This is what it was. It's ugly and it's always been a hatefest. This country was founded on such blatant hatred for others that people risked life and limb to get here and did it again when they got here.

Christ- You guys aren't dumb enough to have ever believed life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness wasn't preceded by "First we'll get ours and make sure of it".

Live life. Shut the fuck up. It ain't getting better. It was never 'better'. It was just different and you weren't around.

ETA- and by 'you' I mean people in general. Not you specifically.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

The is a complete and utter load of bullshit Peeker.

The current media system and ease of access for dipshits to vote has made the religious hold on the right stronger than ever. It's pushed our rights further and further back on their agenda and created. We had a presidential election swing in 2004 because of fucking Gay Marriage (watch the PBS Frontline of the Republicans tactics during that campaign, it was amazing how they were able to narrow down religitards and send people to their doors to get them riled up and push them to vote for W).

There is a growing divergance in this country and if you want to pretend it doesn't exist you should spend your time hanging out with the ostrich's.

And I really have no idea what getting "ours" has to do with an entire wing of the two party system using new media to create a cult like hold over the religious morons that will keep them in office. It is possible to support both liberty and "getting ours."

The more media evolves and the more access morons have to both being played by politicians for votes and actually voting the worse the situation gets.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 am

And yes, if the neo-Christians get hold of the supreme court, gay marriage and abortion will be gone within weeks, peaceful public rallying will never have a chance at existing and I'll be moving across the Atlantic.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 10, 2012 10:04 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And yes, if the neo-Christians get hold of the supreme court, gay marriage and abortion will be gone within weeks, peaceful public rallying will never have a chance at existing and I'll be moving across the Atlantic.

^ Strongest reason ever to vote in all religitards
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Why Obama didn't show real leadership as all the lefties parrots like to pretend he did and gets zero credit for doing what he did yesterday. Not only that, it certainly appears he only bothered because he was forced in to saying something instead of continue to "evolve" for political expediency.

http://gawker.com/5909002/barack-obamas ... 064585933&{
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:50 am

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I thought Republicans were all anti-big government and shit? What's more big government than telling others who they can and can't marry?

This always irks me as well. Can't fly the big government flag if you want to use the government to stop the things you dont like. I really just think this issue is beyond stupid, there are so many better places to stake the GOP flag. Its going to happen, the tides are changed for educated people, why be on the wrong side of the issue?

LOL. Think for a second, you 2. Republicans are anti big government when that government tries telling conservatives what to do.

How many gays and lesbians are registered Republicans? Thought so. The Right doesn't give 2 shits about big government telling the Left what to do.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:01 am

e0y2e3 wrote:The is a complete and utter load of bullshit Peeker.

The current media system and ease of access for dipshits to vote has made the religious hold on the right stronger than ever. It's pushed our rights further and further back on their agenda and created. We had a presidential election swing in 2004 because of fucking Gay Marriage (watch the PBS Frontline of the Republicans tactics during that campaign, it was amazing how they were able to narrow down religitards and send people to their doors to get them riled up and push them to vote for W).

There is a growing divergance in this country and if you want to pretend it doesn't exist you should spend your time hanging out with the ostrich's.

And I really have no idea what getting "ours" has to do with an entire wing of the two party system using new media to create a cult like hold over the religious morons that will keep them in office. It is possible to support both liberty and "getting ours."

The more media evolves and the more access morons have to both being played by politicians for votes and actually voting the worse the situation gets.

Different. Not worse. You tell me your life is more difficult or you have fewer freedoms than people had in decades ago I'm calling you either a liar, a fool or a troll.

Your life is better and easier and freer than your parents life was.

The Viet Nam era was the worst, WWII was the worst, the Great Depression was the worst, today is the worst.

Fuck that. You tell me specifically what liberties and what freedoms you've lost. You tell me how your options are limited more so than your parents or grandparents.

You can't marry your life partner today? You couldn't 30 years ago either. Wrong? Yeah. Not different.

Economically times are tough. Cyclical for the most part, sucks to be us. But please, stop with the ostrich shit and the generalities and the cliches and all of lifes lessons you learn from PBS documentaries.

Is there concerning shit? Yeah... and those prone to panic and hyperbole will put it up there as their banner. Very Joe McCarthy-like.

Some people aren't happy or fulfilled unless they're miserable and empty. I've gotten used to that.

All in all people are better off today, wealthier today, more connected today and freer today than they were in the past.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 am

Oh yeah.... love the 'new media' argument.

Bet the doomers and gloomers were apoplectic when the telegraph, radio, tv, cable and satellit all revolutionized and ruined the world.

Schisms were always there. If people are too fucking stuid to separate right and wrong, schtick from legit, then they fucking deserve what they get.

New media my balls.

Your twitter account made you hypersensitive and mine made me blind I guess.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:06 am

If something like Haight Street during Vietnam were attempted today the Gov't would have it shut down within a week. Fake ass OWS wasn't even close to Haight and ultimately got raided by the police state.

So yes, our lives are measurably more limited than our parents, especially when comparing the Vietnam situation re: the Hippies.

And come on you aren't an idiot. The "New Media" argument is a bunch of fuckstick mouth breathers becoming connected to the world, it has nothiing to do with you are I. People that in the past would have been pushing the button in the factory for eight hours, going home drunk and beating there wife and then going to bed now manage to work in some Fox News so they can scream about the Gays ruining the country.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:07 am

And it wasn't a life lesson from a PBS documentary Peeks, stop being an ostrich, it was the leaders of the Republican campaign literally explaining how they got Bush elected. The new media, their ability to collect data on us to identify targets, etc.... they break it all down.

When the people that are pushing the buttons of the masses to make them jump admit to how they are doing it people should pay attention.

And again, all of these fucks suck, just keep religion out of the Supreme court and I'm fine. The minute this new age manipulation of religitards takes of the SC everything achieved since the 60s is dead.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Next

Return to No Holds Barred