Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Mad Men

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Mad Men

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh no she didn't
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:35 am

"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:49 am

Damn, Todd gave an A out? BTW: thanks for stealing my thing.... now I am going to have to focus on things like work today.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 am

Yea, beat you to it; reading that review is now a staple of my pre-work Monday mornings.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am

Unbeleievable episode.

Don owned, Megan is AWOL, and Roger trips with Leery.

Epic.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:00 am

Before season's end, Cosgrove, Peggy, new creative guy, and maybe Megan will move to or start a firm to compete with SCDP.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 am

From the Dish this morning ...

http://www.thedailydishonline.com/2012/ ... l-23-2012/

I think we’re heading towards what most fans will consider the greatest season ever of “Mad Men”. Last night’s episode, titled “Far and Away Places”, was once again outstanding as the writers and producers continue to lay the groundwork for what is likely to be a very dramatic finish to season #5. Last night’s episode focused on three separate relationship-based plot lines: Peggy’s relationship with her job and her boyfriend Abe, the Roger & Jane Sterling marriage, and the impending Don & Megan Draper train wreck.

Let’s start with Peggy, one of the true fan favorites on the show thanks to the outstanding writing and development of her character. It was a tough episode for Peggy. She melted down in the “Draper Room”, lost the Heinz account, and incurred the wrath of her boyfriend, who accused her of being married to the job. So what does she do? Sucks down three fingers of scotch, plays hookie from work, and then is unfaithful to her boyfriend. Sound familiar? Yes – she’s turning into a female version of Don Draper, which the writers went out of their way to make painfully obvious this week.

The Roger/Jane storyline was outstanding this week. What brilliant writing! So many times with successful hour dramas, you see the writers start to mail it in as you get 3-4 seasons into a show. The brilliant and smart writing and storylines are what set Mad Men apart. They could have gone so many different ways with ending the Roger/Jane marriage. How they did it was perfect. The two of them laying on the floor in an altered state of mind, saying the things to each other that almost all married couples want to say, but won’t or can’t. Roger waking up the next morning feeling like it was divine intervention, already having made up his mind to end it. Jane trying to pretend like it didn’t happen. Then this classic capper – Jane: “It’s going to be expensive.” Roger: “I know.”

Finally, Don & Megan. We continue to get foreshadowing of a bad ending to their marriage. Me personally, after last night, I am convinced it ends very badly. The show continues to draw sharp contrasts between Megan, a modern woman focused on her career, and his ex-wife Betty … two very different women. They continue to draw parallels between Megan and Dr. Faye from last season, with the irony being that Don chose Megan over Faye because he feared Faye would be what Megan has become. And they continue to remind audiences that Don is just relationship-challenged, and as Faye famously told him at the end of last season, “only likes the beginnings of things”.

To me, last night set up what should be an amazing finish to the season. The creepy/threatening tone to the Don/Megan fights, the professional call-out by Bert Cooper at the end of the episode – it’s positioned the season where Don is at the brink both professionally and personally.

It will be fascinating to see where they take it. My prediction is that the firm will go through some major strife, and Don will rise up and be the hero … all while his personal life spirals out of control, potentially due to the writers killing off Megan.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Dude.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 am

Has January Jones been written out of the series?
If not, why the hell not: her storyline has become increasingly irrelevant.
If so, why is she still being given star billing?
What is to become of Betty? Any guesses?
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby pup » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 am

jerryroche wrote:Has January Jones been written out of the series?
If not, why the hell not: her storyline has become increasingly irrelevant.
If so, why is she still being given star billing?
What is to become of Betty? Any guesses?

Swoops in to recover a broken Don after the commie ruins him?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby mitch » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 am

A lot of January Jones' disappearance has to do with her pregnancy, which Weiner stated would mean that she isn't featured very prominently this season.

Glad they are still finding a way to show Sally, however. Last night's episode was a great one in showing how badly this girl keeps getting effed up due to her parents; walking in on step-grandma giving Uncle Roger a blow-job is going to add a few years of therapy to her schedule.

I like seeing Don get back on his game a bit last night; and the scene where he took Megan's lead and salvaged the Heinz account was great; both for him and for Megan, who continues to be a most impressive character.

But it looks like Megan's commie father may have mucked up the water a bit. I'm assuming that he was chiding her on giving up on her acting career, and that will re-surface in the next few weeks.

Downer of a final scene with Don learning that none of the big wigs giving him an award would trust him enough to use his firm. So it looks as if the desperate search for new clients will continue. I am hoping that Roger's new enthusiasm with life get him to pull his head out of his ass and land a big fish. I also think they are setting things up for him to get "officially" with Joan.

Worst part of yesterday's episode? The whole Peggy-Abe thing. He's a whiny asshat who just needs to get drafted and go away.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

The back n forth theme of "somethings never change" and "people can and will change at some point" was interesting.

With all the subtle, and even obvious, nuances and changes in Don's life I can't help but feel Conrad Hilton's influence on him in some way. At least in terms of what is important in life and finding out what make a person who they truly are, no matter how long it takes.

You can tell Don isn't comfortable at all with coping with a rambunctious daughter knowing how he & the Roger types deal with women.

FUDU

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 am

http://www.thedailydishonline.com/2012/ ... ay-1-2012/

Parents and children were the theme of Sunday night’s episode of Mad Men, #7/12, titled “At the Codfish Ball”. Megan and her parents, Sally and Don, Peggy and her mom … even Henry Francis’s mom and Ken Cosgrove’s stepdad made appearances. We didn’t get the plot development I expected Sunday night, but it was another very solid slow burn episode that built up to a good finish, and moved along many of the interesting plot lines they have going right now.

My thoughts on the episode …

After last week’s call-out by Bert Cooper, complete with insinuations that his love life is impacting his professional prowess, I had predicted that Draper would rise up and score a big account for Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Price (SCDP). I was kinda right, the Heinz account was salvaged. But it was Don’s wife Megan who was most responsible for bringing home the bacon. It will be interesting to see where the writers take Megan’s professional ascension and how it impacts Don.

Roger Sterling is back on his game. Great scenes this week with him and his ex-wife (who is his real wife in real life) and also with Sally Draper at the awards benefit.

The writers are going out of their way to make an already likable Peggy Olson even more likable, which makes me question their motives for doing so (see my predictions below). Her handling of the dinner with her boyfriend Leather Coat Abe, the strife with her ultra-conservative mom at dinner, the interactions with Joan, and how she was genuinely happy and effusive in her praise of Megan after landing Heinz – all were excellent scenes. The Joan/Peggy dynamic in particular is an interesting one. Joan was flat out evil to Peggy as she ascended in the firm. Joan has now developed a level of respect for Peggy and the hostility is all but gone.

Creepy Glen (Matt Weiner’s son in real life) is back! And creepier than ever. While Sally Draper has stayed relatively the same size and gotten cuter, Creepy Glen has added 30 lbs, a five o’clock shadow, and a deeper voice. Let’s just pray for Sally’s sake that they are just using him as a bit part to help illustrate Sally’s evolution as a young woman as opposed to the two of them having any long term future together. Sally’s reply to his “How is the city?” question was classic as she channeled Travis Bickle and said “Dirty.”

Big thanks to the writers this week for terrifying me and all other men with young daughters by showing Sally in makeup and go-go boots. The gal that plays Sally Draper is a fantastic child actress. While it’s not clear that Betty Draper Francis will not play a large role in this season, it’s also obvious that Sally will be featured in main storylines this year, which is good for the show. She’s great, and the whole pre-teen gal growing up in the sixties with a dysfunctional family story line is an interesting one.

Was I the only one that noticed a total “Godfather” theme to this episode? Remember, Matt Weiner was one of the main writers for “The Sopranos”, which was rife with Godfather symbolism. The music in a couple different spots was Godfather-esque. The awards banquet had a lot of visual similarities to Connie Corleone’s wedding from the original Godfather. And there was a line about people being “lined up with envelopes of cash like at an Italian wedding”.

Prediction Time for the end of this season:

Roger and Joan end up together.

Peggy ends up leaving the firm to join another firm (Duck?) or to start her own thing, taking Cosgrove with her. The her and Leather Coat Abe thing will also fail miserably as her professional life continues to progress.

I’m still predicting something bad happens to Megan, causing Draper to go off the deep end.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 am

Nice call on the Godfather tone.

Thing about this show is it always leaves so many possibilities. I agree Don & Megan don't last, but why is still hard to say. He's refreshed by her youth and energy but I'm not sure he like the idea of competing with her at work. Will her dad's influence push her to strive for greater heights, in the firm or in some other capacity? Either way it leaves Betty in the picture, especially b/c next season Betty will be hot again in everyone's eyes, and she's board with the old guy with two first names.

Regarding Peggy, it's interesting to see how she molded herself to the liking of the men in the workplace, and then carry that over to her relationship with Abe. B/C there is no doubt she wears the pants in that house. I'm not so sure she really wants to be married either.

FUDU

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 pm

My prediction: Leather Coat Abe is toast. Peggy will meet Betty Friedan in 1966 and will help co-found NOW—which will subsequently organize a class action suit against Sterling Cooper et. al. for sexual harrassment.

Also wouldn't be a bit surprised if Roger doesn't end up making Juliette Binoche his fourth (or is it fifth?) wife. Who could resist?
jerryroche

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue May 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Also wouldn't be a bit surprised if Roger doesn't end up making Juliette Binoche his fourth (or is it fifth?) wife. Who could resist?

Julia Ormond AKA Queen Guinevere from First Knight
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Whoa. How long has it been since that movie? Didn't even recognize.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

My bad. French chicks...
jerryroche

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:38 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mitch » Mon May 07, 2012 11:37 am

Another great recap from AVClub.

Other points:

Pete makes a suicide reference when talking to the horndog insurance salesman; "the policy pays out for suicide after two years".

Don's "almost a Roslyn Shays" down the empty elevator shaft.

I still think Weiner is pointing towards a suicide this season. But I think that it's a red herring pointing it at Pete. I think it ends up being Roger, once his nearly Zen level acceptance of his past failings fade and he goes full morose at the fact that he was born on third base and ended up being picked off there.
mitch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah Todd really is the best out there at disecting character.

That aside, I went to sleep last night (watched Mad Men real late after hoops)slightly bothered by the Joan and Peggie conversation. In one regard, Todd points out where Joan was correct, Don needs someone that can act to some degree or another, but in the same regard her lumping of Betty and Megan into the same class of person confused me. Joan, usually the master judge of character, seems to either have a very terrible grasp on who Megan is (and in turn the entire generation Megan represents in the show) or is just pandering to Peggy by telling her what she wants to hear. Neither is very Joan, IMO. Are we supposed to gather that Joan is, like Don and Roger, becoming an obsolete model? Seems that way to me.

Just a confusing conversation for me all-around.

And I agree with Todd, thank goodness Pete didn't off himself last night. Weiner is better than that and I should have known as much, but I was legit concerned he was going to foreshadow and execute in the same episode. I do agree Mitch, we'll see a suicide at some point this year.

Amazing how invested I have become in seeing the Don and Megan marriage succeed. Think back to this point last season? We didn't even know if Don would make it out of his depression alive and now, seeing him this happy, wow.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:49 pm

And: Zou Bisou Bisou
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Anyone else catch Peggy's, based on the theme of this season, life-changing moment?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 pm

mitch wrote:Don's "almost a Roslyn Shays" down the empty elevator shaft.

You got me there for a minute, Mitch. Almost had to Wikipedia it, before reading the A.V. Club review.

It's interesting how Weiner is letting us, as viewers, get to know the characters much more intimately than the characters will ever, ever know each other. And I can't help but think that by the end of the series, every major character is somehow going to take it in the ass—some in a big, big way. Makes for fascinating, hold-your-breath television drama, like rubbernecking past a fatal car wreck.

As Todd at the A.V. Club suggests, this could be the most unpredictable show ever.
jerryroche

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Weiner droped $250K on The Beatles last night. A new TV record.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Weiner droped $250K on The Beatles last night. A new TV record.....

Ironic b/c in the episode the agency talks about how they could never afford The Beatles.

Its kind of weird though that Megan tells him to start with the last song , on the B side of the Album.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby swerb » Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Outstanding episode.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 am

mitch wrote:A lot of January Jones' disappearance has to do with her pregnancy, which Weiner stated would mean that she isn't featured very prominently this season.

Maybe she's not featured prominently because she sucks and her whole story line is useless and the show doesn't suffer for one second not having her pouting and acting like a bitch.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mitch » Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
mitch wrote:A lot of January Jones' disappearance has to do with her pregnancy, which Weiner stated would mean that she isn't featured very prominently this season.

Maybe she's not featured prominently because she sucks and her whole story line is useless and the show doesn't suffer for one second not having her pouting and acting like a bitch.

Yeah...there is that as well.

Not having January Jones showing off (a) the most contemptable character on TV and (b) her shitty acting talents are added benefits to this season.

Exhibit B of Miss Jones craptastic "acting": X-Men: First Class

Exhibit C of Miss Jones painfully feces level thespianism: "Unknown".
mitch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I disagree with her being the most contemptible, Anna Gunn as Skylar in Breaking Bad and Martha Bullock on Deadwood is easily more hateable.

I hate Betty, but Gunn has an unmatched ability to make my soul cringe when she whines.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 pm

mitch wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Yeah...there is that as well.

Not having January Jones showing off (a) the most contemptable character on TV and (b) her shitty acting talents are added benefits to this season.

Exhibit B of Miss Jones craptastic "acting": X-Men: First Class

Exhibit C of Miss Jones painfully feces level thespianism: "Unknown".

I can never tell if it's her acting that sucks or she does a really good job of playing characters that have no emotional range.

For instance, I think she would be really good at playing a dead body or a comatose stripper.
Hikohadon

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 11, 2012 9:15 pm

I haven't missed her much. Shocked she's essentially been written out of this season.

She is hot though. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 pm

Mr. Lippman!

Really?

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Mon May 21, 2012 8:03 am

jb wrote:Is Layne embezzling?

And what 's the story with how Y & R goy started with the losers?

Bump.

Yes.
jb

Unread postby mitch » Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 am

jb wrote:

Bump.

Yes.

That may move Lane up to #1 on the Potential Suicide List.

1. Lane. Gets busted on his forgery and embezzlement

2. Roger. But he also might turn it around and settle down with Joan. Which would be boring as shit.

3. Pete. Most likely candidate...which means it won't happen.

4. Betty. We could only hope.

5. Henry Francis. I'd certainly contemplate it if I were married to that beyotch.

Weiner has been foreshadowing death all season...so I also won't discount Megan dying in an accident instead of one of the above offing themselves.
mitch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 am

I'm two weeks behind on Mad Men and FOUR episodes (two weeks) behind on Community. I don't even know who I am anymore.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Mon May 21, 2012 10:22 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm two weeks behind on Mad Men and FOUR episodes (two weeks) behind on Community. I don't even know who I am anymore.

nm

Too easy.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby jb » Mon May 21, 2012 10:25 am

Don being Don again.

Facinating to see how Megan reacts as opposed to Betty. generation gap, indeed.

Don has now had 2 reckless driving episodes this season. Makes me wonder, Mitch.

I bet Lee wouuld hve loved that prententious play. Looked like something malik may have donw.
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon May 21, 2012 10:29 am

mitch wrote:
jb wrote:

Bump.

Yes.

That may move Lane up to #1 on the Potential Suicide List.

1. Lane. Gets busted on his forgery and embezzlement

2:1 right now - classic set up for it

2. Roger. But he also might turn it around and settle down with Joan. Which would be boring as shit.

20:1 - Sterling off the show and the skis are in the air over the shark pen

3. Pete. Most likely candidate...which means it won't happen.

10:1 - on some levels it seems like it but he's not existential or troubled enough

4. Betty. We could only hope.

5:1 - She serves no purpose and would want thee attention but is she competent enough? Attempt (pills) yes, death, nay.

5. Henry Francis. I'd certainly contemplate it if I were married to that beyotch.

50:1 - Would have almost no impact to the plot so why bother?

Weiner has been foreshadowing death all season...so I also won't discount Megan dying in an accident instead of one of the above offing themselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My odds embedded
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 am

swerb wrote:I haven't missed her much. Shocked she's essentially been written out of this season.

She is hot though. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.

Plenty of hot actresses that can act.

Plenty of hot female characters that don't suck.

I can google "hot girl" any time. Hot is not good enough to keep her useless ass around. Her only purpose seems to be to remind me that my ex wife sucks.

jb wrote:4. Betty. We could only hope.

5:1 - She serves no purpose and would want thee attention but is she competent enough? Attempt (pills) yes, death, nay.

No way is Betty the suicide - no one would care much at this point. Or worse - the viewing audience would give a resounding "Good". Not the impact you're looking for as a writer.

My money's on Lane - that guy has serious come-apart potential.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm two weeks behind on Mad Men and FOUR episodes (two weeks) behind on Community. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Eerie. That's EXACTLY what I was until last night (watched both episodes of Mad Men after GoT and 2 of Community - the video game episode is great).
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 am

Does Lane's death really have a different impact than Betty's would? I don't think so.

Either go big, or go home...right?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby jb » Mon May 21, 2012 12:49 pm

pup wrote:Does Lane's death really have a different impact than Betty's would? I don't think so.

Depends. How much fiscal damage does he do to SCDP on his death spiral?
jb

Unread postby pup » Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 pm

jb wrote:
pup wrote:Does Lane's death really have a different impact than Betty's would? I don't think so.

Depends. How much fiscal damage does he do to SCDP on his death spiral?

Depends. Does he kill himself or does Don push him out a window when he finds out about the check?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Mon May 21, 2012 1:59 pm

I think we're going to get one death and cliffhangers on every other story line.

To me, the Lane suicide just seems too predictable, the same way the Pete suicide did 3 weeks ago. I could see jail for Lane. No way he's back next season IMO. His character blows.

Still favoring a Megan accidental death as my top call. Followed by Roger. Followed by a Pete/Lane suicide.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon May 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Ol' Don boy has been pissed off and drunk behind the wheel twice so far this season. A precursor?
jerryroche

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Weiner has said point blank Betty isn't around because of the pregnancy. No matter how much we wish for the end of Betty it just isn't happening.

Her and Sklyar and Martha Bullock will continue to torture me forever. I'll say this, I started finally rewatching The Wire a few weeks ago (HBO GO on the XBox is freaking amazing)and one of the best aspects of it is easily no Anna Gunn or January Jones to torture me.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 pm

If it's going to be a suicide it'll be Lane first, if not him maybe Pete.

If we're talking any type of accidental death it will be anyone but Don, Betty, Joan & Peggy. Betty isn't going anywhere, here marriage is going to fail, Don's will as well, Betty will remain if not JUST to keep the most minute possibility of getting back with Don. I can picture Betty coming back with a huge bang next season, in terms of eye catching.

Plus Weiner is a dick for flirting the audience with a Don & Joan scene.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon May 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Maybe. But who is truly "big"? Don? Peggy? Sally? You know they're not gonna kill them off.

Mad Men could lose Pete without blinking. Same for Roger. Same for Lane. Betty and her husband wouldn't even register. Even Megan is not a huge deal, since we're all expecting her to depart at some point sooner than later in one way or another.

At least Lane is somewhat likable, so his death would have more of the impact that the writers would be going for rather than a collective "Thank God I don't have to watch any more of her scenes" at Betty's death.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mitch » Mon May 21, 2012 6:31 pm

jerryroche wrote:Ol' Don boy has been pissed off and drunk behind the wheel twice so far this season. A precursor?

Nope.

Weiner has already said that in the final season of Mad Men, Don Draper would be shown in the current day...

But I guess that he could be shown as a rotting corpse as opposed to an 80 something old man.
mitch

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture