Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:08 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
bookelly wrote:I kinda like this behind home plate angle.


You would asshole.


You just made my frenemies list.


(smoke)
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 am

Chris Perez just tweeted: Huge team win tonight; time for a sweep to tell the Royals it's not "Our Time", it's #TribeTime. P.S. You hit us, we hit you. Period.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14350
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 am

Just got home. What a freakin game. I was listening to the game in the car earlier and Tom Hamilton lost his mind the second time the benches cleared. It was amazing. He was pumped to see the Indians had some fire. I know some people I was with tonight didn't like that Jeanmar threw at the guy. I freaking loved it. Protect your players and the league will notice. I have no problem with the guys getting pissed but I have a huge problem with how the umps handled it. No warnings issued and we get three guys tossed. Ned Yost tackles Hannahan and gets nothing. Bullshit. Nice win tonight. Tomlin's needs to get his head out of his ass and Sipp sucks. That is all.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
User avatar
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby ChoccoIndians » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 am

Loved the fact Choo hit in the winning runs tonight, KC got what they deserved.

Accidental or not Sanchez cost Choo a lot of time on the field last year, and to hit him again what reaction did they expect.

Great to see the players respond as a team. I don't think Gomez was deliberate, no way would they risk losing him when he is pitching such a gem, but the way they rallied together was special tonight.

Lets sweep them tomorrow.
Detroit, we are coming for the central division in 2014!!!
User avatar
ChoccoIndians
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Favorite Player: T Jack Bauer
Least Favorite Player: A-Rod

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:48 am

Bullpen was shocking last night aside from Asencio and Perez. They couldn't keep the Royals off the bases. It's a shame Gomez got tossed. He had started well. Could very well be a stellar season for him this year.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:34 am

drum wrote:
ClevelandFanInNewYork wrote:What exactly is the strength of our team this year?

Chock full of grinders. Did you see Hannahan earlier?


is this eric "the genius" wedge??? ;-) ;) :wink:
dave . . .
davemanddd
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Location: mansfield, ohio
Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 am

C'mon dudes. Choo better get his head out of his ass and quit making it clear the inside pitch bothers him.

He also needs to understand that Sanchez was all over the fucking place before he hit Choo on the goddamn knee.

Yes, Gomez did what he should have done and what he needed to do. Great job. Hannahan helped in that he protected his teammates and got himself thrown out. I loved both because you have to do th former and he blows so the latter was fine with me too.

You know what's better than a guy like Hannahan protecting his teammates? Pretty much every single starting 3B in the league because 90% would protect their teammates AND be able to play.

And no one was tackled, no one from the Royals deserved to be thrown out and Gomez, Manny and Hannahan were rightfully tossed. Gomez hit Moustakas on purpose. That means he and Manny gone automatically. Hannahan escalated the situation (clearly) and deserved to go too.

I know we're fans. Doesn't mean we have to be blind or ridiculously skewed in regard to a given situation.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I have no issue with Choo showing frustration and taking it on out Sanchez. Guy isn't hitting, he's going to get hit by a pitch 25 times this season, and he was pissed because the guy who hit him effectively ended his 2011 because he can't pitch. After the team practically sleepwalked through both White Sox games, this was refreshing. After watching this team have ZERO sack during the Wedge years, I fully embrace this and love it.

Maybe it's because I played a team sport where you always stuck up for your teammates and would become slighted when the same opponent was a repeat offender to your team, but I saw no problem whatsoever with anything that happened last night, well, except for blowing a 7-run lead.

Players are entitled to get frustrated. Most players are emotional guys. If that's not Sanchez, I don't think Choo does anything about it. He had every right to say something to Luis Perez in the Opener because that pitch was at his dome, regardless of if Perez was all over the place or not.

I don't think it's bullshit that Gomez was tossed. I think it's bullshit that the game can't police itself. You hit my guy, I hit yours, it's done and over with. Like the bullshit warning in the Opener. Let the players take care of it themselves.

Hopefully Choo makes an adjustment to the inside pitch. He's looking inside so much now that he's swinging through stuff on the middle half and up and away.

I can't wait for the bullshit that comes along today if Ubaldo hits somebody. He's got a rep now. He also has questionable command like Sanchez, but I bet that's not the first place people go.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14350
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:21 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I have no issue with Choo showing frustration and taking it on out Sanchez. Guy isn't hitting, he's going to get hit by a pitch 25 times this season, and he was pissed because the guy who hit him effectively ended his 2011 because he can't pitch. After the team practically sleepwalked through both White Sox games, this was refreshing. After watching this team have ZERO sack during the Wedge years, I fully embrace this and love it.

Maybe it's because I played a team sport where you always stuck up for your teammates and would become slighted when the same opponent was a repeat offender to your team, but I saw no problem whatsoever with anything that happened last night, well, except for blowing a 7-run lead.

Players are entitled to get frustrated. Most players are emotional guys. If that's not Sanchez, I don't think Choo does anything about it. He had every right to say something to Luis Perez in the Opener because that pitch was at his dome, regardless of if Perez was all over the place or not.

I don't think it's bullshit that Gomez was tossed. I think it's bullshit that the game can't police itself. You hit my guy, I hit yours, it's done and over with. Like the bullshit warning in the Opener. Let the players take care of it themselves.

Hopefully Choo makes an adjustment to the inside pitch. He's looking inside so much now that he's swinging through stuff on the middle half and up and away.

I can't wait for the bullshit that comes along today if Ubaldo hits somebody. He's got a rep now. He also has questionable command like Sanchez, but I bet that's not the first place people go.


I think the game policed itself just fine. Choo got hit, got moist about it, Hannahan fought the battle, Gomez purposely retaliated and drilled Moustakis. Clearly on purpose. Never in the past 35 years of the game's history did intentionally throwing at someone NOT lead to an ejection even before this stupid warning shit.

The warning shit is what's messed up specifically because of the Perez opener example.

They did police it themselves.

Just like freedom of speech. Say what ya want but it doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for it. Moustakis got hit. Rightfully so at that point. Then Gomez got tossed. Rightfully so at that point.

And maybe I'll respect Choo a bit moe when he stops gesturing and stopping halfway to the mound and having 185lb Jack Hannahan fight his fights and does something himself. Because to me, right now, he looks like a giant vag in regard to balls on the inner half AND gesturing and crying instead of just going out there and doing it himself at the mound.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:And maybe I'll respect Choo a bit moe when he stops gesturing and stopping halfway to the mound and having 185lb Jack Hannahan fight his fights and does something himself. Because to me, right now, he looks like a giant vag in regard to balls on the inner half AND gesturing and crying instead of just going out there and doing it himself at the mound.


What's Choo supposed to do? Drop the bat and charge immediately? How's he going to fight through 235 lb Humberto Quintero if he doesn't take off at the pitcher right away?

I didn't realize that Choo "had" Hannahan go fight his fights. It's not like Choo signaled for Hannahan to run out there.


Since we're not going to agree on this, and seemingly don't agree on much of anything, what's your take on Santana standing there dumbfounded as Moustakas starts yelling at Gomez? Gomez takes a step toward the dugout and Santana's standing behind home plate like he has no clue what's going on. Doesn't get between the hitter and his pitcher, nothing.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14350
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:50 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And maybe I'll respect Choo a bit moe when he stops gesturing and stopping halfway to the mound and having 185lb Jack Hannahan fight his fights and does something himself. Because to me, right now, he looks like a giant vag in regard to balls on the inner half AND gesturing and crying instead of just going out there and doing it himself at the mound.


What's Choo supposed to do? Drop the bat and charge immediately? How's he going to fight through 235 lb Humberto Quintero if he doesn't take off at the pitcher right away?

I didn't realize that Choo "had" Hannahan go fight his fights. It's not like Choo signaled for Hannahan to run out there.


Since we're not going to agree on this, and seemingly don't agree on much of anything, what's your take on Santana standing there dumbfounded as Moustakas starts yelling at Gomez? Gomez takes a step toward the dugout and Santana's standing behind home plate like he has no clue what's going on. Doesn't get between the hitter and his pitcher, nothing.


Hell yes he should drop and go. If Choo is that bent about it why wait? Go get him. Stand up for yourself before the cavalry gets there. You know they're coming. Drop and go. In the opener he actually started and then thought about it. That's chicken shit. What is he, their little brother?

As to Santana, no idea what that brain dead, selfish hump was thinking was going to happen after Moustakas got hit. He's either stone cold stupid or stone cold ignorant/disinterested. I hope it's the first thing.

And you know what? Moustakas didn't want to go out there either. He looked like he felt 'obligated' to start that way and he glanced to his dugout too.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:02 pm

As a former pitcher. If I blasted a dude and ended his season. Then hit him the first time I faced him the following year...and he gestured at me? :lmfao:

He would get one square in his back in his next AB. just for fun. Even if the first 2 were not intentional.

Be a man and charge. Or be a man and flip your bat to the dugout and jog your ass down to 1B. Anything else is bitch.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:28 am

pup wrote:As a former pitcher. If I blasted a dude and ended his season. Then hit him the first time I faced him the following year...and he gestured at me? :lmfao:

He would get one square in his back in his next AB. just for fun. Even if the first 2 were not intentional.

Be a man and charge. Or be a man and flip your bat to the dugout and jog your ass down to 1B. Anything else is bitch.


Bingo.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:33 am

peeker643 wrote:Never in the past 35 years of the game's history did intentionally throwing at someone NOT lead to an ejection even before this stupid warning shit.


Agree with your general point Peeks, but I have to disagree with this one. In the "olden days", guys were allowed to get even. You hit ours, we hit yours, end of story. Anything after that resulted in ejections. You can't throw a guy out with no warning for protecting his three hitter.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:02 am

neoleo wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Never in the past 35 years of the game's history did intentionally throwing at someone NOT lead to an ejection even before this stupid warning shit.


Agree with your general point Peeks, but I have to disagree with this one. In the "olden days", guys were allowed to get even. You hit ours, we hit yours, end of story. Anything after that resulted in ejections. You can't throw a guy out with no warning for protecting his three hitter.



The olden days ended long ago, Neo. Gomez missed the first time he went inside. Didn't draw even a warning. The second one was obviously intentional and it would have led to an ejection in 1980 as much as it would now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22782
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: 04/14 - Tribe @ KC - Two in a row? That's a win streak!

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I didn't see it live, so I missed that he missed on the first pitch. But even then, Masterson did the same thing in the opener and only got a warning after he missed a 2nd time. They usually give you a chance to get even before giving the warnings. If the ump was ready to give an ejection, he should have at least warned Gomez after he missed on the first pitch.

This ejection bs makes these things last longer then they have to. If you can't get even out of fear of being ejected, you end up settling up the next time you face them (with a new crew and no warnings being on the table yet). That's not baseball policing itself, that's making it worse.
User avatar
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests