Text Size

College Sports Arena

Meyer article

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Meyer article

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Meyer article

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Percy Harvin attacked a coach and wasn't punished? THAT I find hard to believe, but it is CFB, where the sharks swim in the sewers.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:19 am

blah, blah, blah.

Maybe that is why he backed off of Davonte Neal and ultimately refused to accept his commitment? Whatever. Sounds like a weak hatchet-job that I will not be reading.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am

Holy. Shit. A coach letting his best players get away with more than the scrubs?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am

26 "anonymous" sources.... that should tell you all you need to know about this article.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am

Now... if Urban was still working the sidelines down there?

This would be Exhibit A of all that's wrong with college football where coaches let the inmates run the asylum.

Don't get me wrong. It'd still be a hatchet job and it'd still be next to nothing (in my opinion). But it wouldn't so quickly be dismissed in Ohio. Kinda like the Arkansas fan base suddenly sees no value in being a moral compass for football coaches. Maybe they're tired from and learned from judging Jim Tressel. Or maybe Petrino works for the school they support.

It's likely one of those two reasons.

Oh.... and I'm not speaking of anyone on these here boards. I don't want to be accused of painting with too broad a brush ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 am

I have no opinion on your opinion. So go fuck yourself.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 pm

peeker643 wrote:Now... if Urban was still working the sidelines down there?

This would be Exhibit A of all that's wrong with college football where coaches let the inmates run the asylum.

Don't get me wrong. It'd still be a hatchet job and it'd still be next to nothing (in my opinion). But it wouldn't so quickly be dismissed in Ohio. Kinda like the Arkansas fan base suddenly sees no value in being a moral compass for football coaches. Maybe they're tired from and learned from judging Jim Tressel. Or maybe Petrino works for the school they support.

It's likely one of those two reasons.

Oh.... and I'm not speaking of anyone on these here boards. I don't want to be accused of painting with too broad a brush ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:

I really don't give about the moral indignation of the college sports media. My issue with Bobby Petrino is that if he had a minivan he could have had 6 coeds with him when he wrecked. What he does in his office with his assistants is no more my business than what he does in his bedroom. I can't express how little I give a shit.

As for Meyer, I just hope he does what is best so tOSU wins football games. I sincerely hope that if he breaks the rules he is not dumb enough to do it on his school email account and that he is better at hiding the bodies than Jim Tressel. Hopefully he brought that skill set to Columbus.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:04 pm

The radio dj this morning was laughing about the difference between Arkansas and OH. He said can you imagine Shurmur or Holmgren or any coach here tooling down the freeway on a Harley with a 25 yo coed on the back. Not a care in the world.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

If Meyer was still doing analysis, would this article have even been written?

No, it wouldn't. That's a fact.

BUT MEYER LEFT THE CUPBOARDS BARE! I SWAER IT!

What were Meyer's last 3 recruiting classes (you know, the ones poor Willy Muschamp inherited) ranked at? Oh, all 3 were top 10, including 2 top 5?

Take your anonymous sources and stick them right up your ass. Own your statements, you gutless twerps.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:
What were Meyer's last 3 recruiting classes (you know, the ones poor Willy Muschamp inherited) ranked at? Oh, all 3 were top 10, including 2 top 5?

Take your anonymous sources and stick them right up your ass. Own your statements, you gutless twerps.

^^^^^^ That. Boys the Urb can recruit. PERIOD.

And having been in that "other" professional conference ( S.E.C.), he has been to the rodeo, monster truck races, and tractor pulls before too....he has the necessary skill-set to tight rope that blurry snaking line ...keeping it legal.
.....just ask Wisconsin, Penn State, & WV. ......
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 am

I don't know what to believe.

It is just interesting to watch. Talk to me in 4 years and we can really evaluate this stuff.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Ok, JB. Make sure you bump this in 4 years...... I won't remember.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ok, JB. Make sure you bump this in 4 years...... I won't remember.

Heh.

You know what I mean. We have a habit of sloughing off anything negative until BOOM. In face. Tressel is the straight arrow. Tressel is a liar. Jesus sits at JoPa's right hand. JoPa is perv enabler.

I just find it a little simplistic that Meyer left UF solely because of big bad SEC booster type sullying his utopia. I think reality is probably a little different. Not to say he had zero control like Barruh or Erickison or his namesake Ron, but maybe he wasn't the done in boy scout martyr at the alter of outside corruption buckeye nation makes him out to be. Maybe from his bad ass approach he seems to be demonstrating he's learned a hard lesson he doesn't have any intention of repeating. Good for him if so.

Bears watching. Nothing more; nothing less.

<------ now donning an asthbestos track suit
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:11 pm

If someone has real dirt, then bring it. If not? I got no time for shitty hack "journalists" or the forever worrying about the Sword of Damocles.

Just win.

Brett Bilema: "Urban Meyer is mean, he stoled our recruit, he cheated"

Urban: "Go fuck yourself, fatso"

Brett: "We worked it out".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 pm

jb wrote:
I think reality is probably a little different

Yes.

There are no Angels in Big Boy College Recruiting........unless you count Northwestern, Vanderbilt, & Wake Forest.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby furls » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 am

pod2dawg wrote:
jb wrote:
I think reality is probably a little different

Yes.

There are no Angels in Big Boy College Recruiting........unless, you count Northwestern, Vanderbilt, & Wake Forest.

Don't count your chickens too early... Vandy has been getting some pretty nice recruits.

JB, I have no problem with your post. Makes perfect sense to me. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle. I still don't think that Tressel was a bad guy, I just think that he was just not as clean as we would all believe. I have a feeling that after Tressel got busted alot of servers crashed at major schools crashed and had to be replaced! I bet the coaches were really bummed that all their email histories were gone too! Tressel did nothing that isn't going on all over college football, look at the players rides while considering their paltry stipends and you know something is up.

Is Meyer squeaky clean, nope. I guarantee he has some bodies in the ground. Hopefully he buried them deep enough. They are pretty good at burying bodies in the $EC, hopefully he brought that skill set to Columbus.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 am

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher