Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Stephen Hill is Scary/Draft Peview

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Stephen Hill is Scary/Draft Peview

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:42 am

Holy shit.

I don't have much beyond that. This guy is ridiculously gifted and ridiculously raw:

http://bit.ly/GL1uaK
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Stephen Hill is Scary/Draft Peview

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 am

I hope he makes it to #22. TRich with the #4, Hill with #22. Best RT in the 2nd. Then all defense (Minnifield would be fun). Except for a guard maybe.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:18 am

peeker643 wrote:Holy shit.

I don't have much beyond that. This guy is ridiculously gifted and ridiculously raw:

SD:

Thats all Wallace did at first , but one thing about speed , it tends to perfume any other warts and bugs .

Brings me back to wanting Blackmon even though we don't have a QB worth spit on the roster to throw him the ball and RB and linebackers tend to contribute immedidiately .

He's just what we need soon as the NFL allows Colt to throw from 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage so he can complete a 15 yard out route which won't get jumped before the telegram gets read by the DB's .

Matched with RG3 you net a lethal weapon , in the hands of Colt , you get a muzzled water pistol ..

geeze but we're fucked .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Thats all Wallace did at first , but one thing about speed , it tends to perfume any other warts and bugs .

Brings me back to wanting Blackmon even though we don't have a QB worth spit on the roster to throw him the ball and RB and linebackers tend to contribute immedidiately .

He's just what we need soon as the NFL allows Colt to throw from 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage so he can complete a 15 yard out route which won't get jumped before the telegram gets read by the DB's .

Matched with RG3 you net a lethal weapon , in the hands of Colt , you get a muzzled water pistol ..

geeze but we're fucked .

SoulDawg

JFC...you may be the most simple minded personna on the interweb
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

geeze but we're fucked .

SoulDawg

JFC...you may be the most simple minded personna on the interweb

SD:

Maybe

Doubt if i could pass you ...

Butt maybe.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 am

Here's what I predicted a week or two ago: Browns trade down to the 6-8 range and pick up another second round pick. We take Richardson with our first pick then trade 22 and the new 2nd rounder into the teens and take Floyd or Hill. Just my .02 but I wouldn't mind seeing it.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 am

andrew6586 wrote:Here's what I predicted a week or two ago: Browns trade down to the 6-8 range and pick up another second round pick. We take Richardson with our first pick then trade 22 and the new 2nd rounder into the teens and take Floyd or Hill. Just my .02 but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

SD:

There are only about six players considered to be elite in this draft at six it means you have to broker a trade with the team that just put their foot up the rectum of that Phat ass pimp.

You think that sore ass cocksucker is gonna trade with them .

At 8 your liable to be left with JAG.

Better to grab your guy at 4 and trade down at 22 if nobodies home.

personally i think Holmgren has fucked up so bad , he'll spurn offers from Miami to make a deal for Fannyhill and pick him at 4.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:19 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:He's just what we need soon as the NFL allows Colt to throw from 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage so he can complete a 15 yard out route which won't get jumped before the telegram gets read by the DB's .

Sadly true. How aggravating would it be to see this guy 30 yards down field behind everyone, and Ol' Doe Eyes running circles in the backfield?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am

If the Dolphins trade up for Tanneyhill they'd be dumber than the Browns for considering him at 4 in first place.

What team other than the Browns would be even remotely interested in the guy? As soon as the Dolphins pick up the phone and hear it's the Browns on the line they KNOW Cleveland ain't taking him and he's theirs at 8.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

peeker643 wrote:If the Dolphins trade up for Tanneyhill they'd be dumber than the Browns for considering him at 4 in first place.

What team other than the Browns would be even remotely interested in the guy? As soon as the Dolphins pick up the phone and hear it's the Browns on the line they KNOW Cleveland ain't taking him and he's theirs at 8.

SD:

He'd also have value for Denver at Denvers pick spot ,, time to sit and be groomed by the best with athleticism and size .

The Browns answering the phome when Miami called would be no different than Phil Savage answering when Ozzie called .

The only difference Heckert wouldn't get stole so bad to give up an All pro in Ngata .

Maybe .

With TCE if the Browns passed on Fannyhill when they don't have better on their roster even though the kids a project , he probably ends up with a better career than Luck.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm

I want Stephen Hill so badly.

Trent Richardson and Stephen Hill would be the best playmaker combination on the Browns that I can remember. Please for the love of god make it happen.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Excellent job, Mr. Brian.

I like the kid. Weapons are good.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby mistero » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 am

Hill plus McCoy does not compute.

How's Barkley's long ball?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 am

mistero wrote:Hill plus McCoy does not compute.

Who cares?

Watch Arkansas football a lot this year.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:I want Stephen Hill so badly.

Trent Richardson and Stephen Hill would be the best playmaker combination on the Browns that I can remember. Please for the love of god make it happen.

^^
I'm with this guy.

Get me Massie in round 2 and I'm stoked and ready to party like its 2007.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am

jb wrote:
mistero wrote:Hill plus McCoy does not compute.

Who cares?

Watch Arkansas football a lot this year.

SD:

Wilson would indeed have a weapon , but if we got Tanne at 4 and Hill at 22 we start the process now instead of next year .

At least seneca can warm him up while Tanne learns .

Colt trying to throw deep on time and on target would be as ugly as a Monkey trying to fuck an elephant .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:03 am

Was watching a show last night on NFL network, some rookie show from when Haden and McCoy came out (2010). One of our assistant coaches asks McCoy if he knows what conference he plays in. McCoy is stumped. He doesn't know if the Browns are in the AFc or NFC. Then he tries to laugh it off saying "I'm in the big 12 conference".

When he's told he's in the AFC, he's asked what division. He first guesses AFC East, than AFC West.

Dumb as a box of rocks.

In his first preseason McCoy needs to throw a hail mary to win the game. He throws the ball 20 yards outof bounds on the final play. Mangini and Daboll are pissed and confront him as they leave the field. McCoy says, "what did you want me to do, everyone was covered". Mangini snaps back "It was the last play!!" McCoy counters "They could of picked it off and taken it back for a score, did you want me to do that?"

The guy is not very smart...besides being short and weak armed.

THis is the guy you want to surround with TR, Hill and a new RT and think you're going to get different (better) results????
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Football Scientist KC Joyner has Stephen Hill as his #1 overall WR prospect for the draft this year. Justin Blackmon is rated 6th. Personally, I'd rather have Hill at 22 than Blackmon at 4. Joyner's reasoning (it's Insider so just posting Hill/Blackmon for comparison):

1. Stephen Hill

Birth date: May 1, 1990 (21 years old)
Height/weight: 6-foot-4, 215 pounds
40-yard dash time: 4.36
YPA: 12.0 (43 targets)
SYPA: 4.0 (13 targets)
VYPA: 15.5 (30 targets)
SVYPA: 17.2 (22 targets)

Ranking points: 27

Hill is highly rated on many draft boards, but a combination of factors puts him at the top of this ranking chart, factors including his showings in YPA (first), VYPA (second), height (first), 40 time (first) and birth date (third). There is every reason to think he could be just as explosive in the NFL as Georgia Tech predecessor Demaryius Thomas has been, but without the nagging injury issues that have held Thomas back.

6 (tie). Justin Blackmon

Birth date: Jan. 9, 1990 (22 years old)
Height/weight: 6-1, 207
40-yard dash time: 4.46
YPA: 9.0 (139 targets)
SYPA: 8.1 (85 targets)
VYPA: 10.6 (54 targets)
SVYPA: 8.9 (20 targets)

Ranking points: 47

Blackmon is rated first on nearly every wide receiver draft list, but check out his multitude of negatives. He ranked seventh in YPA, eighth in VYPA and dead last in SVYPA of this group. He is in the middle of the pack in height and weight (sixth in both categories), and his 40-yard dash time ranked fourth.

Blackmon's 2011 totals were much worse than his 2010 totals, and the rest of the Oklahoma State pass-catchers had numbers that were roughly equal to Blackmon's this past year. He was kept in check when covered by Texas Longhorns star cornerback Carrington Byndom this past season and, as good as Byndom is, the NFL will give Blackmon that caliber of competition in nearly every game.

List is:
1. Hill
2. Rueben Randle (LSU)
3. Jarius Wright (ARK)
4. AJ Jenkins (ILL)
4. Kendall Wright (BAY)
6. Blackmon
6. Floyd (ND)
6. Marvin McNutt (IOWA)
9. Alshon Jeffery (SCU)
10. Joe Adams (ARK)
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:33 pm

mistero wrote:Was watching a show last night on NFL network, some rookie show from when Haden and McCoy came out (2010). One of our assistant coaches asks McCoy if he knows what conference he plays in. McCoy is stumped. He doesn't know if the Browns are in the AFc or NFC. Then he tries to laugh it off saying "I'm in the big 12 conference".

When he's told he's in the AFC, he's asked what division. He first guesses AFC East, than AFC West.

Dumb as a box of rocks.

In his first preseason McCoy needs to throw a hail mary to win the game. He throws the ball 20 yards outof bounds on the final play. Mangini and Daboll are pissed and confront him as they leave the field. McCoy says, "what did you want me to do, everyone was covered". Mangini snaps back "It was the last play!!" McCoy counters "They could of picked it off and taken it back for a score, did you want me to do that?"

THis is the guy you want to surround with TR, Hill and a new RT and think you're going to get different (better) results????

None of which makes me want Tannehill.

Someone Else does not necessarily equal The Answer.

No matter who the freakin' QB is, surround him with as many weapons as you can.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
mistero wrote:Was watching a show last night on NFL network, some rookie show from when Haden and McCoy came out (2010). One of our assistant coaches asks McCoy if he knows what conference he plays in. McCoy is stumped. He doesn't know if the Browns are in the AFc or NFC. Then he tries to laugh it off saying "I'm in the big 12 conference".

Dumb as a box of rocks.

None of which makes me want Tannehill.

Someone Else does not necessarily equal The Answer.

No matter who the freakin' QB is, surround him with as many weapons as you can.

SD:

Think Aaron Rodgers who was even less ready and how much better he turned out as a pro after sitting , the guy you draft in two weeks won't resemble the pro you'll have under center two years from now .

Add the biggest weapon to your arsenal and store him in your quiver , continue to add the other weapons to which you speak , and in year two you'll have somebody who can actually use them .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL