Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

You're the GM. Who you picking at #4??

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Provided the Browns do not trade down, who should they select with the 4th pick?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St
15%
Trent Richardson RB Alabama
60%
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
11%
Matt Kalil OT USC
2%
Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St
No votes
Morris Claiborne CB LSU
11%
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
No votes
Riley Reiff OT Iowa
No votes
Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes : 47

You're the GM. Who you picking at #4??

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Considering the Browns don't trade down, who you got?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: You're the GM. Who you picking at #4??

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I guess Claiborne.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Richardson just because he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson and without the health concerns and by taking him you know there's a good chance you're getting a top 5 player at his position. Can't say the same thing about Blackmon. Claiborne would be my 2nd choice.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby bac5665 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Richardson.

WR is deeper. I can get my guy there at 22.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Kalil- not going to be there.

Claiborne- With all the problems on offense and with the defense markedly better, especially the secondary. Doesn't make sense to add on to defense with the 4th pick.

Richardson- How much better were the Browns the 1 year when Peyton was dominant?

Tannehill- Too big of a risk for an org. like the Browns.

Blackmon- I honestly think he's going to be a top 3 wideout for a stretch of time in the near future of this league. Remember whining game in and game out about how Colt had noone to throw the ball to? I do. I did it a lot. Don't want it to be true next season. Little, Blackmon, and Jordan Norwood (who I like) is a huge improvement.

Not interested at all in any of the others at the #4 pick. I would actually prefer to trade down for a 1st rounder next year more than anything but that wasn't an option. There are going to be some solid options at WR and RB at our 2nd and third picks.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Well..uhh

Richardson just retweeted a pic of him wearing a Browns uni.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:55 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:Kalil- not going to be there.
Claiborne-
Richardson-
Tannehill-
Blackmon-

Not interested at all in any of the others at the #4 pick. I would actually prefer to trade down for a 1st rounder next year more than anything but that wasn't an option. There are going to be some solid options at WR and RB at our 2nd and third picks.

I agree that the options at #4 are the only ones you mentioned. But I just filled in the rest with top NFL prospects. The only one I would add to this list might be Reiff since we have a need at OT and Kalil might be gone. Although, if Miami trades up to 3 for Tannehill (not a stretch at all), Kalil is available to us.

I took Richardson only because I think he may be the surest thing and I don't think we can afford to miss at #4.

I also agree that we might trade down. Good chance.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Too much available value at 37 to take Richardson. One of Miller/Wilson will be there.

Too much available value at 22 to take Blackmon. One of Floyd/Hill will be there.

Cannot take another tackle, as tempting as I have made the case in my own head.

(I am)Not taking Tannafucksake.

And as much as I killed them for Joe Haden at the time...they might have to take Claiborne.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 pm

pup wrote:Too much available value at 22 to take Blackmon. One of Floyd/Hill will be there.

Call me stupid (everyone else does) but as absolutely pathetic our receiving crew has been at WR, would you guys jump off a cliff if they took WRs at 4 and at 22 or 37? I know we have other holes, but dang, we need some WRs. I, for one, wouldn't hate taking two WRs early.
OldDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 pm

OldDawg wrote:
pup wrote:Too much available value at 22 to take Blackmon. One of Floyd/Hill will be there.

Call me stupid (everyone else does) but as absolutely pathetic our receiving crew has been at WR, would you guys jump off a cliff if they took WRs at 4 and at 22 or 37? I know we have other holes, but dang, we need some WRs. I, for one, wouldn't hate taking two WRs early.

You want backs and WRs you can get some really good ones throughout.

Look at the ones Jason and I previewed on greymattersports dot com. Seriously, it's loaded with difference makers. No excuse for them to not get a couple of each if they like.

WRs, OL, RBs. Plenty of 'em
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I still say there is no way we trade back with Rams and they are the only realistic option. Going all the way to 8 leaves you with Quintin Flippin Coples.

But if they could/would...this sounds great.

6. Mo Claiborne
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu
39. Lamar Miller

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 pm

pup wrote:I still say there is no way we trade back with Rams and they are the only realistic option. Going all the way to 8 leaves you with Quintin Flippin Coples.

6. Mo Claiborne
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu
39. Lamar Miller

Miller ain't getting out of the 1st round I fear.

Go past 8 and you take DeCastro or Reiff, then Miller at 22 and Sanu at 37. Or Reiff, Kendall Wright and Doug Martin. Or Reiff, Miller and Hill.

Nothing wrong with falling back past 8 if you still have DeCastro and Reiff available to you to resolve RT. Perfect really because in addition to 22 and 37 you'd have even more pick collateral coming your way in round 2/3.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Spin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm

I take Blackmon.

We desperately need weapons on O, and WR's have a long shelf life than RB's. I'd be surprised if TR has more than 4 great years in the AFCC, and I'd be surprised if the Browns were in a championship hunt during that time.

And would he even be properly used in Holgren's version of the WCO?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 pm

OldDawg wrote:

Yes. I would jump off a cliff.

Little is fine as #2. They have enough to fill 3-6. They DO need one more WR, but what they need more than anything is a competent QB to throw the ball to them. If Tom Brady were QB, they might not even need one more.

Is RG3 still available?

My BPA says Richardson, I take Richardson. Fully aware of the reduced importance of RB's and the possible availability of competent RB's later.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby dpdad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 am

I take Richardson or Blackmon, whomever the Browns have rated higher on their list. I think Richardson is a safer bet, though. Then pick up a WR at #22 and the best available offensive lineman at #37.

If the Browns take Tannehill at #4, I am officially ending my 50+ years of Browns fandom.
dpdad

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 am

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:I still say there is no way we trade back with Rams and they are the only realistic option. Going all the way to 8 leaves you with Quintin Flippin Coples.

6. Mo Claiborne
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu
39. Lamar Miller

Go past 8 and you take DeCastro or Reiff, then Miller at 22 and Sanu at 37. Or Reiff, Kendall Wright and Doug Martin. Or Reiff, Miller and Hill.

Nothing wrong with falling back past 8 if you still have DeCastro and Reiff available to you to resolve RT. Perfect really because in addition to 22 and 37 you'd have even more pick collateral coming your way in round 2/3.

I know it is lazy, but I went through several mocks (recently updated mocks even) and they seemed to be all over the map with the RBs after Richardson. Some had Miller/Wilson/Martin. Some had Martin/Miller/Wilson. I used the one I hoped would be there at 39, but would take any of the 3 in that spot.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 am

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

6. Mo Claiborne
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu
39. Lamar Miller

I know it is lazy, but I went through several mocks (recently updated mocks even) and they seemed to be all over the map with the RBs after Richardson. Some had Miller/Wilson/Martin. Some had Martin/Miller/Wilson. I used the one I hoped would be there at 39, but would take any of the 3 in that spot.

Personally agree with the Miller/Wilson/Martin and the gap between Miller & Wilson is much tighter (imo) than the gap between either of those two and Martin. Martin for me is no higher than 37.

If they took Miller/Wilson at 22 I'd be really happy with that.

And if you want 'Face of the Franchise' potential, Wilson is that kind of kid.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 am

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

6. Mo Claiborne
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu
39. Lamar Miller

Personally agree with the Miller/Wilson/Martin and the gap between Miller & Wilson is much tighter (imo) than the gap between either of those two and Martin. Martin for me is no higher than 37.

If they took Miller/Wilson at 22 I'd be really happy with that.

And if you want 'Face of the Franchise' potential, Wilson is that kind of kid.

Which was my thinking going in. But a couple places had Martin going before either of them.

As crazy as it sounds, Walter Camp Football has Miller going in the 50s to the Bungals.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am

My first, second, third and fourth favorite options are all trading out of the spot.

But, if we have to pick, I'm going Tannehill (God help me).

Nobody you can draft has the potential to transform a franchise like the right QB. I don't know it T can be that, and I'm aware that there are many here who are convinced that he never will be no matter where he is taken.

I just hope you guys are wrong about him.

And no, I'm not comfortable pinning the future on hope, but any scenario involving our future QB (whoever he may be) involves hope. It's either hope Tanny is "the guy", or hope "the guy" somehow becomes available to us next year. It's a wish and a dream either way. So what's the difference?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I guess Claiborne.

Need a tutorial on how to work a forum poll? Or when you see a Poll, do you just want to machine gun it randomly?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am

OldDawg wrote:

"Go for it!"
- Matt Millen
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

I fully believe ether will be a trade down, and I believe it will be with the Iggles as their papers are saying they are smitten with Tannyhill.

But playing the game, gimme TR, Hill and Massie in that order 1,2,3 even if you have to use the day 3 flotsam & jet some to move up and secure Massie. Then you are looking at BPA's for RG, DB, LB, and DE on across the board until the thing is done.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

jb wrote:I fully believe ether will be a trade down, and I believe it will be with the Iggles as their papers are saying they are smitten with Tannyhill.

But playing the game, gimme TR, Hill and Massie in that order 1,2,3 even if you have to use the day 3 flotsam & jet some to move up and secure Massie. Then you are looking at BPA's for RG, DB, LB, and DE on across the board until the thing is done.

SD:

Tannehill is Eagle smoke , the hole in that roster is left tackle so they're real target is kalil.

For those in favor of Richardson , put me down on record that Miller is the better pro as Edgaran james beat Rickey Williams visa vie production.

Tannehill at 4 and Miller at 22 solves two offensive holes ,

neither is a safe pick but what is.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 am

What is the book on the Reiff character from Iowa? Is Kalil considered a ton better than him?
OldDawg

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 pm

pup wrote:As crazy as it sounds, Walter Camp Football has Miller going in the 50s to the Bungals.

Kiper doesn't have him going in the 1st 2 rounds.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
pup wrote:As crazy as it sounds, Walter Camp Football has Miller going in the 50s to the Bungals.

SD:

The hair originally had Cam newton about fifth on the QB depth chart .

There isn't a bigger back in the draft who has his burst or coast to coast speed.

He's a redshirted soph , and unlike Richardson who may have peaked , still growing with half the mileage on the tread.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 pm

The hair originally had Cam newton about fifth on the QB depth chart .

And? His mock draft from April 6, 2011 (exact same pre-draft period as right now, almost to the day) had Newton going #1 overall to the Panthers.

Things change during the season. It happened to Cam in 2011, it happened to RG3 in 2012, it will happen to someone next year.

As for Richardson's mileage, he only started one year. Miller's also coming off shoulder surgery, so he's not as durable as Richardson.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby yogi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:28 pm

4. Tanny
22. Jonathon Martin
37. Mohamed Sanu

I'm also hoping that Pead will be around with one of our picks in the 4th.
I think the smoke with the Browns on the 4th is to make Miami think we'll pass on Tanny and he'll be there for them at 8.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby mistero » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

You can't get a franchise QB after the 4th pick. I'm taking Tanneyhill. I can get the RB/WR later.
4.Tany
22. Kendall Wright
37. Lamar Miller
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 am

You can't get a franchise QB after the 4th pick.

What if you can't get one after the 2nd pick?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
You can't get a franchise QB after the 4th pick.

What if you can't get one after the 2nd pick?

SD:

What if you can't find one in the next two drafts after you pass on a kid who might have the potential to develop his franchise type qualities if you develop him.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:13 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:

I'd bet $ he's not there at 37 and I'd bet just a wee bit less he gets through the 1st round. I think the issue is teams have only 1 year of Miller on film but that year was pretty freaking impressive IMO.

YMMV (as may Mel's).

When I first started watching these guys Miller was my clear best back after Richardson. But it's really hard to put Wilson behind him. Wilson not quite the explosion but probably does everything else a notch better right now.

Again, I'm just one more tool with an opinion. That's just mine.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:15 pm

And you are a bald mope.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:31 pm

I want some of the acid people are taking who think Tannehill worthy of the 4th pick
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mistero » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:42 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... arterbacks

3. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

Height/Weight: 6'4/221
College Experience: Fifth-year senior
40 Time: 4.62
Comparison: Ben Roethlisberger
2011 Stats: 327-of-521 (62.3%) for 3,744 yds (7.19 YPA), 29 TD/15 INT; 5.3 YPC, 4 TD
Draft Prediction: Dolphins, No. 8 overall

Positives: Behind only Luck, Tannehill possesses the best poise and pocket movement in this year's class. Tannehill stands calmly between the tackles, evading pass rushers like a seasoned veteran. The Texas A&M offense showcases skills that project into an NFL offense, requiring the quarterback to drop from center and read route progressions that include anticipation throws. Tannehill did this remarkably well. No receiver group in the country let its quarterback down more last year than Tannehill's, consistently dropping routine catches while losing the majority of 50/50 balls. Tannehill unabashedly put them in playmaking situations, but was rarely rewarded. Faith in his surroundings and short-term memory will aid Tannehill in the pros. He flashes multiple anticipation throws in every game and shines on intermediate comeback routes along the sideline. It all starts with Tannehill's compact motion, quick release, and comfort in a closing pocket. Don't sleep on his running ability, but the former quarterback-to-receiver-to-quarterback convert is without a doubt a pocket passer by nature.

Negatives: Tannehill made only 19 quarterback starts after amassing 112 receptions and 1,596 receiving yards at receiver. Whether his play directly impacted the results or not, Texas A&M lost a handful of games last season despite late fourth-quarter leads. Tannehill's release is not the ideal, top-to-bottom motion that coaches covet, though it is consistent and generates plenty of velocity. Tannehill flashes his immaturity when reading progressions, making a couple of poor throws into disguised coverage in each contest. Some throws are rushed due to backside pressure, and Tannehill does have a tendency to hold onto the ball a bit too long when moving laterally with his eyes downfield.

Outlook: Despite common perception, Tannehill is neither a project nor raw. His command and control of the pocket rival top prospects in previous classes. I do not see the multitude of poor reads and throws others seem to perceive. In fact, the way in which Tannehill succeeded at receiver while attending both position meetings and instantly flashing mature quarterback qualities is stunning. After viewing 12 of Tannehill's 19 starts, he ranks as my eighth overall player, and I'd bang the table for the Browns to draft him with the fourth selection. Tannehill may ultimately land with college coach Mike Sherman, who's now the offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins. Sherman, of course, helped shape the game of Aaron Rodgers, with whom Tannehill shares a similar playing style. It will not take Tannehill three years to develop, though, and I'd wager he starts early and finds success much sooner than others project. He has every trait that a quality QB must possess and graduated from an offense that used many NFL principles. If you cannot get over the facts that he was a successful receiver, has a relatively limited number of quarterback starts, and his team relinquished late-game leads, I implore you to dig below the surface.
Last edited by mistero on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:I want some of the acid people are taking who think Tannehill worthy of the 4th pick

SD:

better not , you never came off your first trip , because you saw McCoy play and thought you saw a QB .

and still do .

None for you

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:I want some of the acid people are taking who think Tannehill worthy of the 4th pick

SD:

better not , you never came off your first trip , because you saw McCoy play and thought you saw a QB .

and still do .

None for you

SoulDawg

You're a mindless moron without a freaking clue and so is mistero if you think this turd is worth the 4th pick

Just cuz some assnine rag like Roto-rooter thinks so doesn't mean a GD thing

Fucking idiots...you know nothing
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

and still do .

None for you

SoulDawg

You're a mindless moron without a freaking clue and so is mistero if you think this turd is worth the 4th pick

Just cuz some assnine rag like Roto-rooter thinks so doesn't mean a GD thing

Fucking idiots...you know nothing

SD:

I take umbrage that you would cast aspersions on such a fine fellow as Misterio
who has the brains and good common sense to agree with me ..

Fuck you for that

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 pm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d ... ent_stream

6. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M (7)
Had a great workout on in front of 32 teams and moved well, especially to his left, which is not common for right-handed quarterbacks. He completed 65 of 68 passes, including two drops. He had more drops last year during the regular season than any other quarterback.

Gil Brandt has him as his 6th best player in the draft. Tannehill was never a "2nd rounder". He is no more a project than Luck is. The guy is legit. Scouts,GM's all know his skill set. No way he is a reach at 4. If you don't have a franchise QB, you don't pass on a franchise QB. Rule 1a.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby mistero » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:40 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2012 ... wns-040112

4. Cleveland Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s stock enjoyed an uptick after a strong pro day last week. On film, he pops out as a potential NFL superstar. The knock on Tannehill is that he only played quarterback in college for a year-and-a-half. That’s silly. He was a star quarterback in high school and was such a tremendous athlete that the Texas A&M coaches needed to get him on the field, playing him at receiver. He eventually replaced 2010 preseason Big 12 Player of the Year Jerrod Johnson at quarterback during the 2010 season and never went back to wideout. He’s athletic, has a lively arm and fits in the West Coast offense perfectly. A great fit for Cleveland. Sorry, Colt McCoy.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 am

He had more drops than any other QB in the country.

Sound familiar?

Go research everyone that has him going in the top 10.

Then tell me where they had them going 8 weeks ago.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 am

pup wrote:He had more drops than any other QB in the country.

Sound familiar?

Good point. It seems to me that the talking heads/"scouting experts"/I once drove players to and from the airport (the Rotoworld guy - seriously) are all suffering from a collective group think herd mentality. So many people looked foolish by missing on Newton; now it's to the point where once a few guys come out positively on a player everyone else jumps on board.

Note this does not necessarily mean that Tannehil is not worthy of the 4th overall, just that, in our case, the only scouting report that really matters is H&H.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:19 am

Sound familiar?

SD:

6 weeks ago the final homes for Luck and RG3 weren't completely settled as nobody knew for sure if Irsay would bring Manning back and or possibly trade the pick , or if Cleveland was going to take jeff fishers comments to heart that he wanted the trade resolved before the draft .

With the news of two QB's each worth in excess of three number ones as well as the final destination of Peyton manning dominating the draft news and all football news in general , everyone else was relegated to back seat status .

This same reveiw would have been back page news, nobody would have give a damn .

But as the top has settled out, the last QB worthy for chips and dips and accolades is now under the microscope and he's in the news as all the others have homes .

Same guy 8 weks ago who wasn't worth three number ones then and still isn't , but he's a first round talent in his own right , and would have gone second in a draft where Sanchez and the Detroit kid went one and two .

An immediate upgrade over all the garbage on this roster , and talented enough to start September 2013 with a 90 % probability he's playing midseaon and gaining expereince toward that start .

When looked at as a 2013 starter which is the only way he should be looked at with all this cannon fodder on the roster , the kid makes perfect sense as our pick.

Means we get a jumpstart on next year this year , and we salvage this draft , after blowing our cookies in our hand when Holmgren jacked off the RG3 deal.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Sound familiar?

Good point. It seems to me that the talking heads/"scouting experts"/I once drove players to and from the airport (the Rotoworld guy - seriously) are all suffering from a collective group think herd mentality. So many people looked foolish by missing on Newton; now it's to the point where once a few guys come out positively on a player everyone else jumps on board.

Note this does not necessarily mean that Tannehil is not worthy of the 4th overall, just that, in our case, the only scouting report that really matters is H&H.

They goota get somebody - every year.

Not gonna be Luck, locked at one. Done deal.

RG3 took that rising stock and kept right on a runnin'. Then the Skins trade, locked him at two.

NNNNNNNEEEEXXXXTTTTT!!!!!!
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Sound familiar?

SD:

6 weeks ago the final homes for Luck and RG3 weren't completely settled as nobody knew for sure if Irsay would bring Manning back and or possibly trade the pick , or if Cleveland was going to take jeff fishers comments to heart that he wanted the trade resolved before the draft .

With the news of two QB's each worth in excess of three number ones as well as the final destination of Peyton manning dominating the draft news and all football news in general , everyone else was relegated to back seat status .

This same reveiw would have been back page news, nobody would have give a damn .

But as the top has settled out, the last QB worthy for chips and dips and accolades is now under the microscope and he's in the news as all the others have homes .

Same guy 8 weks ago who wasn't worth three number ones then and still isn't , but he's a first round talent in his own right , and would have gone second in a draft where Sanchez and the Detroit kid went one and two .

An immediate upgrade over all the garbage on this roster , and talented enough to start September 2013 with a 90 % probability he's playing midseaon and gaining expereince toward that start .

When looked at as a 2013 starter which is the only way he should be looked at with all this cannon fodder on the roster , the kid makes perfect sense as our pick.

Means we get a jumpstart on next year this year , and we salvage this draft , after blowing our cookies in our hand when Holmgren jacked off the RG3 deal.

SoulDawg

Bullshit. There are people that spend every waking moment analyzing these guys. And NOBODY had this guy in the first round at the end of the season. Nobody.

Now we need a story. And everyone begging to be correct on who is "Next". So we jump on the next logical choice. The next QB on the board.

Luck is no longer news.
RGIII is no longer news.
Fuck, we need news. How is that Tannystiff looking? 65-68 against air?
U-N-I-T-A-S

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Sound familiar?

SD:

SoulDawg

Bullshit. There are people that spend every waking moment analyzing these guys. And NOBODY had this guy in the first round at the end of the season. Nobody.

Now we need a story. And everyone begging to be correct on who is "Next". So we jump on the next logical choice. The next QB on the board.

Luck is no longer news.
RGIII is no longer news.
Fuck, we need news. How is that Tannystiff looking? 65-68 against air?
U-N-I-T-A-S

SD:

You asked , but you relly didn't want to know the answer .

The media has the attention span of children , QB's sell press.

Teams are forced to reach at this pick more than any other if they want to find a
QB you ultimately must take a chance ..

You will never get a good one unless you take that chance .

I agree Tanney is a mid first round talent , but he won't be there at 22.

We have the luxury to pick him early and grow him .

That is an option these bozoo's have cornered us into having to use

I don't like it anymore than you , less because RG3 should have been a Brown , but thats water over th damn and we must move on ..

It ain't the end of the world .

Minimum he's an immediate upgrade over the dog squat calf humper , if we're lucky he's much much more .

The alternative is another year of nothing .

Mutha fuck that

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I changed my mind, Trent Richardson.

The "expert" jock sniffers said he's the next AP.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:31 pm

In mistero & SD's world if Miami traded up and grabbed Tannehill @3, the Browns would have no choice but to pick Weeden @4

::doh::

Richardson

Hill

Weeden

OG

WR

Don't give a ratss ass

Don't give a rats ass

Don't give a rats ass

...and if I need to not give a few more rats asses let me know
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:In mistero & SD's world if Miami traded up and grabbed Tannehill @3, the Browns would have no choice but to pick Weeden @4

::doh::

Richardson

Hill

Weeden

OG

WR

Don't give a ratss ass

Don't give a rats ass

Don't give a rats ass

...and if I need to not give a few more rats asses let me know

SD:

Im pretty clear here , trade kalil to philly for Kafka and their 15 46th and 51st picks ,

add

Ryan Lindley at four or Wilson with our extra second fourth , if Weeden was gone before the fourth where he starts having value as a 50 year old rookie , if they don't have to be thrown in to make the draft exchange and flush all that drek outta Berea.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:22 am

In mistero & SD's world if Miami traded up and grabbed Tannehill @3, the Browns would have no choice but to pick Weeden @4

Negative. I don't like Weeden before round 4. I don't like any other QB in this draft better than Thad Lewis. IT's not about taking a QB just to take a QB.

Tannehill was always a first rounder,albiet a mid first rounder. He has been mocked to Maimi and even the Redskins at 6 way before the combine. He was never a 2nd rounder thrust up the charts by QB over value mentality. That is just your fantasy.

The guy should go at 12. We need to take him at 4. If you can't stomach an 8 slot reach, that's your timid soul.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL