Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Great news: Browns interested in doing what they always do

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Great news: Browns interested in doing what they always

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am

Hikohadon wrote:I'm not trying to use this as an argument for/against Tannehill, but it kinda cracks me up that Bill Polian is used as an example of "knowing QB's" because he drafted Peyton Manning - a move that is akin to falling out of a boat and "discovering" water.

And if he had stayed in Indy, people would say "Bill Polian really knows his QB's! He drafted Peyton Manning AND Andrew Luck! What a track record!" As if a diseased eunuch from Paraguay couldn't have made those picks.

Personally I think you oversimplify the Manning / Leaf pick as a foregone conclusion. I recall otherwise.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 am

Hikohadon wrote:I'm not trying to use this as an argument for/against Tannehill, but it kinda cracks me up that Bill Polian is used as an example of "knowing QB's" because he drafted Peyton Manning - a move that is akin to falling out of a boat and "discovering" water.

And if he had stayed in Indy, people would say "Bill Polian really knows his QB's! He drafted Peyton Manning AND Andrew Luck! What a track record!" As if a diseased eunuch from Paraguay couldn't have made those picks.

SD:

guy is lucky with QB's or he knows what he's doing , I'll take either and both vs what these assholes have put up against his choices.

Polian brought in Kerry Collins in Carolina and got the team to the playoffs so quickly the NFL deliberately hobbled our entry so we couldn't duplicate that record.

In Buffalo sucker drafted Jim Kelly in from the defunct USFL and returned that franchise to the dance four times.

The Colts had a tremendous wining formula , but couldn't overcome manning choking on his chicken time aftertime in the biggest of games .

Vs a real Qb , and that dog squat Chicago troted out vs him ain't that , but vs a real QB in the Soupie Bowl , they lose that one too.

He's the guy who advanced the heresy RG3 maybe the better QB than Luck as a pro alongside Tony Dungy .

So I view his comments as one who may soon be in the ring for consideration as the Browns next czar , after Holmgren shits on his hand this year trying to play in the NFL sans a QB .

The cupboard wouldn't be bare when he took over with Tannehill holding a clipboard .

Colt and Seneca will eventually end all their careers here.

The Holmgren death clock may just have started .

Stay tuned.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 am

Just saying

NFL Network's Charley Casserly said on Path to the Draft Wednesday that he interviewed 12 NFL teams about Texas A&M Ryan Tannehill at season's end and "pretty much all" called him a late first-round pick at best.
Casserly also said "the most accurate grades I get" come in December and January. Tannehill's stock has seemingly risen well beyond the late-winter draft grades, and he's now projected comfortably in the top ten. Casserly called Tannehill one of this year's riskiest prospects because he'll likely be overdrafted.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 am

jb wrote:

Personally I think you oversimplify the Manning / Leaf pick as a foregone conclusion. I recall otherwise.

You recall otherwise because the media made it out to be a big decision. Polian went on record that he never considered Leaf, I doubt any GM worth a squirt of piss would have actually considered Leaf over Manning. But the media has to generate stories, just like they're trying to do now with "Indy possibly taking RG3" when everyone in the universe knows Luck is going there.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 am

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

You recall otherwise because the media made it out to be a big decision. Polian went on record that he never considered Leaf.

EZ to say after the fact. So easy.

You are revising history, buddy.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

You recall otherwise because the media made it out to be a big decision. Polian went on record that he never considered Leaf.

SD:

Your correct , the Colts were leaning toward taking Leaf , bigger arm and better athlete until it came down to the interviews .

Leaf blew em off and missed a meeting with them , while Peyton looked em in the eye John Wayne style and told them if they passed on him he'd make em regret it.

Beathard got stuck , and it cost him his job and legacy.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

Yawn. I say media myth that the public turned into "fact".
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Your correct , the Colts were leaning toward taking Leaf , bigger arm and better athlete until it came down to the interviews .

Leaf blew em off and missed a meeting with them , while Peyton looked em in the eye John Wayne style and told them if they passed on him he'd make em regret it.

If that's truly the reason that Polian took Manning, then I question the guy's QB opinions even more.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 pm

pup wrote:Just saying

NFL Network's Charley Casserly said on Path to the Draft Wednesday that he interviewed 12 NFL teams about Texas A&M Ryan Tannehill at season's end and "pretty much all" called him a late first-round pick at best.
Casserly also said "the most accurate grades I get" come in December and January. Tannehill's stock has seemingly risen well beyond the late-winter draft grades, and he's now projected comfortably in the top ten. Casserly called Tannehill one of this year's riskiest prospects because he'll likely be overdrafted.

SD:

If Charlie Casserly had enough brains to make the more popuar choice of Vince Young when he had the chance to bring the Texas boyee home .

Charley wouldn't be an ex GM talking head spitting opinions which nobody listens to anymore .

Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't draft Cam newton in the first round at all .

He's quite the reference.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

If that's truly the reason that Polian took Manning, then I question the guy's QB opinions even more.

SD:

That doesn't make sense .

If your in consideration as the number one pick , and the two teams are vying for you .

wouldn't you view that as a deliberate snub since the second team just happens to be from his College stomping grounds in San Diego .

Do you think the Colts should insist on draft RG3 after he told them to take their private work out and shove it .

Nobody with a brain blows off the team with the #1 pick , unless their a complete idiot or are so stupid to play the politics involved in playing the process out .

RG3 was a calculated middle finger to the mad tweeter in addition to not giving any future team private tape on his nuances and abilities since is claer he's going to be a skin .

Ryan Leaf was a warning sign , like a skull and cross bones on a bottle for those too dumb to read the words Poison under the caption.

Polian followed his instincts , some call it luck some cal it good , but i call it good and lucky.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:03 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

If Charlie Casserly had enough brains to make the more popuar choice of Vince Young when he had the chance to bring the Texas boyee home .

Charley wouldn't be an ex GM talking head spitting opinions which nobody listens to anymore .

SoulDawg

Really? At this point in time you still think Vince Young is a better pick than Mario Williams?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Really? At this point in time you still think Vince Young is a better pick than Mario Williams?

SD:

Hell no , never liked Vince Young as a Qb ,

However he would have contributed more growth faster to that team and franchise than Williams .

McNabb and Rickey Williams would have been better choices for the Browns as athletes ,

Butt Couch was a greater assett for the growth of the franchise .

Huge difference for a start up , as there are considerations beyond the filed which must also be factored into the health of the franchise overall .

Casserly had neither the vision or the depth for the position .

It would have changed both of their careers and that Franchise .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:It would have changed both of their careers and that Franchise .

Correct, instead of being known as the guy who built SB winners for the Skins, traded Ricky Williams for an entire draft and still got Champ Bailey, pulled one of the ballsiest draft day moves by taking Mario Williams, and drafted Andre Johnson amongst countless other stars, he'd be known as the loser who took Vince Young #1 overall, and the franchise would still be reeling from the decision, as they would not have traded for Schaub a year later if VY was there.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Casserley's brilliance as an executive has been overshadowed recently by his stupidity as an analyst.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:36 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
Roll the fuckin dice man

What the fuck we got to lose .

^^^^ Crux right here.

No, for god's sake do NOT roll the dice and reach worse that Mack or Faine. I grant you there is no such thing as a sure thing, but we can't ford to blow picks on hope an luck. No more.

If I don't have a shot at a legit franchise-type QB prospect, I want solid picks that aren't reaches and as few red flags as possible by the busload.

SD:

Whose to say Tannehill ain't a solid pick ,, you ,,, pup ...who

Add Polian to the crack party alongside Mayock and Mc Shay and myself in believing this kid should be the Browns pick .

For me its because we net the greatest reward at the four spot if he pans out and if he doesn't minimum he kicks Mccoy to the curb and we revisit like we've been doing every year since Bernie has been traded.

This kid can make the Rottenberger type big play , the arm strength close to DA with mobility and a brain and more touch ,, just rough as a cob maybe rougher.

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x760619702/Its-Pol ian-not-Analyst-X-pushing-Tannehill-for-Cleveland- now

SoulDawg

I gotta say. Me and JB have a much better draft record than the Cleveland Browns.

SD:

yep but neither of you can shoot craps .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

However he would have contributed more growth faster to that team and franchise than Williams .

McNabb and Rickey Williams would have been better choices for the Browns as athletes ,

Huge difference for a start up , as there are considerations beyond the filed which must also be factored into the health of the franchise overall .

SoulDawg

Never is taking a great player at a premium position over a shitty player at a higher premium position a bad move. I guess that disagreement is the same as the one we are in right now. You don't take a QB because you need one. You take one because he has a real shot at being great.

Tanny is no better of a choice at 22 than he is at 4. If anyone is good taking him at 22, they should have no qualms about taking him 4.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

SoulDawg

Never is taking a great player at a premium position over a shitty player at a higher premium position a bad move. I guess that disagreement is the same as the one we are in right now. You don't take a QB because you need one. You take one because he has a real shot at being great.

Tanny is no better of a choice at 22 than he is at 4. If anyone is good taking him at 22, they should have no qualms about taking him 4.

SD:

If Tanne is worth the 22nd pick , but you can't get him at the 22nd pick but you need his skillset , then you pick him at 4 if thee is no other player you can find at four who offsets the benefit of missing out on his skillset .

at 22 the running back you didn't pick at four can be found at 22 as too the lineman the corner back the safety the De or any other position that takes the field other than QB who you can't fill at the 22 spot .

Having two number ones in the same year in the same draft affords you such luxury and flexibility .

Tannehill has the mobility and skillset that the NFL is morphing toward bigger stronger more athletic athlets at the QB position .

He has holes in his game , he does however bring the biggest need to a taem who has nobody playing at theee most important position in football .

Rarely is a QB the best athlete in the entire draft .

Cam Newton was that exception .

Kosar wasn't the 40th best athlete on the team behind the kickers and placeholders even , but he was the key cog to spin the wheel the straw to stir the drink .

Vince Young was taken out of turn and into a bad situation .

In Texas his career would have been as different , as Kosars would have been had he of been chosen and played anywhere else but his hometown.

I respect your takes on Tannehill , taken on the prima fascia evidence to date they are solid .

However in this game you must be able to project where a id can go in the pros beyond what he's shown in College .

Whereas you see what he's done in College and closed the books on what you've seen so far , I see a kid just starting , not peaking and ending .

I see a kid with tremendous base talent , unrefined , you see a misguided spud .

I think it can be harnessed , you see it as a sucker which would just as soon come back and land on top of you as hit the enemy target.

If I'm correct we salvaged a blown draft , if your correct we we have better depth at QB and still in search of a franchise pick , who can play wide receiver If we have to draft Tyler wilson in 2013 to replace him .

All options and alternatives beat out taking the Rb in that position who i can take anywhere from 22 to 37 and essentially have the same thing .

The value at four is QB so long as your choice isn't used on Kellen Moore or 137 year old weeded and seeded .

Its the biggest gamble and potential to hit and holds the biggest bust potential , but its a luxury we must explore because its like not buying a ticket for the lottery .

Without making the play you reduce your Million to one odds to absolute zero .

Richardson represents two maybe three extra wins this year , which makes aquiring a Wilson that much harder to aquire , further defeating your purpose.

Tannehil represents attacking your biggest problem with direct action , and rolling them bones for the high stakes jackpot .

If you pass you ain't even in the game.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Points noted.

Still cannot learn decision making, accuracy or leadership at the NFL level, but no reason to continue the posturing. Odds are we are both wrong somewhere in this discussion.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:42 pm

pup wrote:Points noted.

Still cannot learn decision making, accuracy or leadership at the NFL level, but no reason to continue the posturing. Odds are we are both wrong somewhere in this discussion.

I've heard that, but is that really true?

Also, does the fact that Tanny is relatively inexperienced at the position make him more likely to improve his accuracy than a guy who's bben playing the position since Peewee ball?

And if accuracy cannot be improved at the NFL level, at what level does it become locked in. Can a college QB improve accuracy? A high school QB? Where is the cutoff?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:03 pm

SD:

Leadership comes when you can make plays and consistantly come thru in the clutch , its something which has to be earned in the NFL
but its expected to show its head in your demeanor and mannerisms if your picked #1 ,
I see a kid humble enough to understand what he doesn't know knuckledown behind the vets by his time and earn his spot .................check.

Accuracy has two enemies , either a gutless wonder who can't pull the trigger or a muscle bound gutless wunder like lady qyuin who scratches his forward when he attempts to pick his nose his location is so bad .

On Tannehill , I see his problem as relying too much on his arm without his feet in position under him , Aaron Rodgers and RG3 have the innate ability to complete passes when the two parts of their bodies are in dissonance from one another , I've seen Aaron Rodgers complete a back shoulder throw 30 yards down field falling backwards while a defender wrapped his legs with but the flick of his wrist and a high spun fingertip release .

I've seen RG3 throw a forty yard out with less effort than Colt uses to complete a five yard dig with more accuracy .

On Ryan , I've seen him to often snap his shots without a full follow thru , in the manner where a golfer will jam a put instead of stroke the shot .

I see a kid who plays hyper and needs to calm down and refine the nuances of his game .

I see a kid much like Micheal vick who relies on his physical abilities but isn't refined in his technique the Vick in Philly now looks nothing like Atlanta Mike .

Tanne I see as Atlanta Mike who can similarly be refined to bring his body under him when he throws turning with the delivery and getting his feet under himself for more accurate location passes instead of just arms going one wy and his body in a different direction .

On the decision making , i come back to film study and recognition , .
Now if he's a dunderhead like DA , then your correct and he's a hopeless case , but I'm not feeling that , and I haven't picked it up in his mannerism or conversations or reports .

What I got from Chilly was encouraging , and what I looked for when I was forming crews and you had to add youngins into your vets .

Willing able and trainable and as receptive as a sponge ..

Which brings me back to my original point on the true value of Kafka , that you and Hiko about tickled yourself in mirth deriding my choice .

Nobody heard of Shuab until he played and cost two number twos , Kolb brought a Kings ransom , but I was on record that he couldn't play still am .

In kafka , i see a Purdue Boilermaker in line with Drew Brees , who never got exposed and abused like Brees .

He's been in graduate studies , knows where to go with the ball and can make the plays in this offense you have to be able to make .

He's been developed just for this purpose to come in as backup and glean more for his team in draft picks than what they paid to pick him .

But unlike Kolb who had so much undeserved fan fare his abilities were overshadowed by Vince Youngs presence and the total failing which was the Eagles season of disaster last year .

He's better than Flynn IMO , because he has more arm , and would be a draft day steal if the Iggles make that deal.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

In kafka , i see a Purdue Boilermaker in line with Drew Brees , who never got exposed and abused like Brees .

Really? I see a Northwestern Wildcat.

Brees left Purdue as the Big 10's best passer ever. He set records for passing yards (11,792), touchdown passes (90), total offensive yards (12,693), completions (1,026), and attempts (1,678). Mike Kafka, on the other hand, threw 19 TD's/20 INT's for his entire career at Northwestern.

Drew Brees played for San Diego and now New Orleans and not only do neither of those clubs run the WCO, they run the exact opposite scheme (deep, vertical passing game).

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:13 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Brees left Purdue as the Big 10's best passer ever. He set records for passing yards (11,792), touchdown passes (90), total offensive yards (12,693), completions (1,026), and attempts (1,678). Mike Kafka, on the other hand, threw 19 TD's/20 INT's for his entire career at Northwestern.

Drew Brees played for San Diego and now New Orleans and not only do neither of those clubs run the WCO, they run the exact opposite scheme (deep, vertical passing game).

wait...someone tried to compare, St. Breesus to..fucking matt kafka..

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Fuck that, someone called Jared Fucking Sullinger Kevin Love, and his name was Jared Sullinger!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Triple-S wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

wait...someone tried to compare, St. Breesus to..fucking matt kafka..

SD:

Yeah the one who got drafted second round tore up his shoulder and abandoned by the Chargers after a sketchy start and written off.

Not the superfly butterfly of present .

My point although admittedly which wasn't made very well , is the guy drafted bears no resemblance to the guy now .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:My point although admittedly which wasn't made very well......

SoulDawg

Ya think?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:My point although admittedly which wasn't made very well......

SoulDawg

Ya think?

SD:

Allways a problem when you use comparisons .

I'll say Kafka has a chance to land with a WCO team and have sucess like Shaub did in Houston if he goes to a team where he can plug in what he's been taught the last two years .

Less risk than drafting a kid , and something they should consider doing if they do or don't draft tannehill to upgrade the overall quality of the position.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 am

If the point is flyer on Kafka, sure. Y not?

The real QB's gonna have to come next year anyway at this point.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 am

jb wrote:If the point is flyer on Kafka, sure. Y not?

The real QB's gonna have to come next year anyway at this point.

SD:

Next year never gets here with this crew .

They miss on Bradford , then don't even add a project pick the folowing year in the deepest draft of QB's since Marino went late in the first .

Then with two #1's worth of ammo , they get stole at the table with three aces in their hand.

There is a Rottenberger type QB in this draft big physical kid without refinement who labored in the same WCO they specialize in , and they're talking about bypassing him instead of drafting him and coaching him up.

Holmgren has only gotten success from QB's somebody else drafted and he got to work with or from guys he traded for from another team .

His record otherwise on QB's is abysmal .

Kafka has been trained under Andy Reid , and unlike Colt can develop the offensive growth
because he understands the concepts and can execute the system while being an immediate upgrade over anything on this roster .

We have three backups vying for a starters job ,two for sure have shown they don't have the ability to be a starter .

The entire group needs shook up and flushed .

Kafka assures that one of the assholes starting now won't have a seat when
the music stops .

Tannehill would make two .

This year is next year

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:05 am

Worked so well with the last one.

Kolb has been trained under Andy Reid , and unlike Colt can develop the offensive growth because he understands the concepts and can execute the system while being an immediate upgrade over anything on this roster .
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Worked so well with the last one.

Kolb has been trained under Andy Reid , and unlike Colt can develop the offensive growth because he understands the concepts and can execute the system while being an immediate upgrade over anything on this roster .

SD:

Geeze are you dumb ,and incredibly dense and short sighted .

Pay attention sometimes even a rock can learn something..........sometimes.

Reid has developed McNabb whose dumb as a stone and Vick , who might be dumber , into running a complex offense like a well oiled machine , the guys under him can run that offense and have become better QB's as pros thru their training system.

Hell even a moron like Vince young now looks like he has a clue , which is amazing unto itself.

Kolb can't take a hit .

However his technique and form was such he demanded a starting corner and a high draft pick in compensation for his signing .

He knows and can execute the offense , but Clay Mathews junior ruined him with the first concussions and he's never been the same .

I didn't advocate Kolb when he was available , he had a shot lost the locker room and failed , did the same in Zona .

Kafka and Kolb are not related , they have however gone thru the same training , and my position values the way kafka has responded when given his shots .

The Iggles would have been better IMO playing him instead of Vince young in relief
of Vick .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

Also, does the fact that Tanny is relatively inexperienced at the position make him more likely to improve his accuracy than a guy who's bben playing the position since Peewee ball?

And if accuracy cannot be improved at the NFL level, at what level does it become locked in. Can a college QB improve accuracy? A high school QB? Where is the cutoff?

This is somewhat a myth. The guy played QB in high school and before that.

He wasn't good enough to play as a freshman/sophomore there and he switched to WR when he couldn't beat out Jerrod Johnson or Stephen McGee. Then he couldn't beat out Johnson again as a sophomore.

And yeah, both those first two years as WR were under Sherman. We're not talking about a prodigy here. He was always thought of as a dual-threat QB, not a pure passer.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

This is somewhat a myth. The guy played QB in high school and before that.

He wasn't good enough to play as a freshman/sophomore there and he switched to WR when he couldn't beat out Jerrod Johnson or Stephen McGee. Then he couldn't beat out Johnson again as a sophomore.

And yeah, both those first two years as WR were under Sherman. We're not talking about a prodigy here. He was always thought of as a dual-threat QB, not a pure passer.

I like him better as a WR than QB. Maybe Matt Jones minus the coke habit.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:06 pm

"Quarterback shop, can I help you?"

"Yes sir, what's the flavor of the month?"

"This April we're featuring The Kafka"
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm

leadpipe wrote:"Quarterback shop, can I help you?"

SD:

Yeah ,, how could anybody be disenchanted with the other flavors we got .

Calf Humpin Colt or Backup wallace ala mode .

Just pour chocolate syrup on that and serve it up to the dumbasses crakin on Kafka ,

The same ones who ate up the notion Colt should be given keys to the franchise .

Don't worry about no spoon just lap that shit up right outta the bowl.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

nm
Last edited by mattvan1 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
mattvan1

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Just pour chocolate syrup on that and serve it up to the dumbasses crakin on Kafka ,

The same ones who ate up the notion Colt should be given keys to the franchise .

SoulDawg

So let's reflect back a bit on how we came to be in this current situation, shall we? We took a flyer. If I remember correctly we took a flyer on a QB that many passed on, but it was round 3 so who really cared because the guy played in a major program, was dead nuts on accurate, had a ton of starts and wins. He wasn't supposed to play at all in year 1, but injuries forced the coach's hand and the little dude showed just enough to be given a chance in 2011. Becasue the hand picked starter was the abysmal dumpster fire we all knew he would be - so there was no choice (well, we could have traded up for Cam, but I digress).

On which he could not deliver. He failed. We all fucking agree on that. But why throw good money after bad? So, just to be clear, your approach is to take another flyer on a guy who could not beat out two current UPS drivers, who played in the same conference as our current failure but started 34 less games, never won shit, and proved to melt in the spotlight. Alternatively, we could trade some desperately needed draft picks for another giuy that didn't start until his senior year, stuck behind a guy who is now a Federal Expresss driver, who managed to throw a whopping 16 TDs against 12 picks in his final year in college. But Andy Reid and Marty Mornigwheg think he's really smart and likes to compete.

Look, if you want Walrus to kiss Andy's butthole and give up a 4th rounder for Franz, I have no issue. But why are you in some type of desperation panic mode? Stop grasping at straws and settle in for another year of suck, with the exit of Holmgren on or about 6 January 2013 as the key moment of the upcomming season.
mattvan1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

So let's reflect back a bit on how we came to be in this current situation, shall we? We took a flyer. If I remember correctly we took a flyer on a QB that many passed on, but it was round 3 so who really cared because the guy played in a major program, was dead nuts on accurate, had a ton of starts and wins. He wasn't supposed to play at all in year 1, but injuries forced the coach's hand and the little dude showed just enough to be given a chance in 2011. Becasue the hand picked starter was the abysmal dumpster fire we all knew he would be - so there was no choice (well, we could have traded up for Cam, but I digress).

On which he could not deliver. He failed. We all fucking agree on that. But why throw good money after bad? So, just to be clear, your approach is to take another flyer on a guy who could not beat out two current UPS drivers, who played in the same conference as our current failure but started 34 less games, never won shit, and proved to melt in the spotlight. Alternatively, we could trade some desperately needed draft picks for another giuy that didn't start until his senior year, stuck behind a guy who is now a Federal Expresss driver, who managed to throw a whopping 16 TDs against 12 picks in his final year in college. But Andy Reid and Marty Mornigwheg think he's really smart and likes to compete.

Look, if you want Walrus to kiss Andy's butthole and give up a 4th rounder for Franz, I have no issue. But why are you in some type of desperation panic mode? Stop grasping at straws and settle in for another year of suck, with the exit of Holmgren on or about 6 January 2013 as the key moment of the upcomming season.

SD:

When Polian takes over I'd at least like him to have one QB with talent on the roster .

tan man can at least throw the fucking pill, buy time with his legs and won't go down because somebody waved at him ..

Yeah I know he's as wild as wild thang , but I got three QB coaches on the roster plus whipple to whip his ass into shape .

I see a kid who will be a better pro than a Collegian , the game is moving toward bigger stronge athletic QB 's who can make all the throws , you see anybody like that on this roster as presently constructed .

Further , its out lust for precious draft picks which cost us a real franchise Qb choice in the first place , so with 13 picks wtf can't you spend one on thee most important position in all of football , before the 2:00 Am last call for alcohol version of the draft kicks in .

Ryan should be picked around the 22nd pick in this draft where our second number one pick is , but he won't be there then .

Pick him at 4 and pick the running back at 22 since you can't reverse the order and get the same quality of playmakers .

Use the 2013 on QB again if you have too , but pull the mutha fucking trigger on one when your picking this high .

We're a fucking absolute joke .

Won't trade up for Newton , won't pick Jake Locker and sign Haselback , won't add a project like Tyrod taylor because Colt don't need competition , don't use a suplemntal pick on a project .

Fuck up the best QB prospect since otto Graham thru sheer incompetence hubrids and stubborness , and pass on yet another QB while picking high in the draft because he ain't Jim Dandy .

Fuck a duck .

Next year will be better and the next and the next .

Pick the guy it ain't the end of the world if he don't make it .

But its a trip where we aint been in a hundred years if he does.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Jake Locker's the perfect example of a reach. Great, the guy stayed there 4 years, meanwhile, it took the guy that replaced him about ten minutes to prove he was better.

U of Washington UPGRADED their QB position this season.

Big. Time.

And Tyrod Taylor's throwin' it against the wall like Darryl Clark.

And if one was to call the QB shop early last season, they might have got the month of Darryl Clark.

Cue the "McCoy's a cute little boy" comments.

Most of understand he's not the future. Not good now, and a low ceiling. Most of us understand the QB's about all that matters. But Christ, throwin' darts at additional long shots and praying they work out is no way to do business.

Tennesee accomplished nothing by drafting Jake Locker except wasting a few years figuring out he's a great athlete that can't complete passes.

The Browns are to draft Tanneyhill Four, give two years to longshots until Tanney might be ready, and turn it over to another longshot?

Holy Smokes.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Why do you guys have to write so godamn much? It's fucking exhausting.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:39 am

SoulDawg74 wrote: SD:

When Polian takes over I'd at least like him to have one QB with talent on the roster .

tan man can at least throw the fucking pill, buy time with his legs and won't go down because somebody waved at him ..

Yeah I know he's as wild as wild thang , but I got three QB coaches on the roster plus whipple to whip his ass into shape .

I see a kid who will be a better pro than a Collegian , the game is moving toward bigger stronge athletic QB 's who can make all the throws , you see anybody like that on this roster as presently constructed .

Further , its out lust for precious draft picks which cost us a real franchise Qb choice in the first place , so with 13 picks wtf can't you spend one on thee most important position in all of football , before the 2:00 Am last call for alcohol version of the draft kicks in .

Ryan should be picked around the 22nd pick in this draft where our second number one pick is , but he won't be there then .

Pick him at 4 and pick the running back at 22 since you can't reverse the order and get the same quality of playmakers .

Use the 2013 on QB again if you have too , but pull the mutha fucking trigger on one when your picking this high .

Won't trade up for Newton , won't pick Jake Locker and sign Haselback , won't add a project like Tyrod taylor because Colt don't need competition , don't use a suplemntal pick on a project .

Fuck up the best QB prospect since otto Graham thru sheer incompetence hubrids and stubborness , and pass on yet another QB while picking high in the draft because he ain't Jim Dandy .

Fuck a duck .

SoulDawg

Dude, as President Bubba once said, "I feel your pain." I really do. But reaching for a QB got us into this mess in the first place. Read JB channeling Ozzie - let the draft come to you.

My money - Brandon Weeden ends up on the Browns roster at the start of camp. Not saying I like it, but that's the type pf move Walrus would make to prove how smart he is.
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 am

motherscratcher wrote:Why do you guys have to write so godamn much? It's fucking exhausting.

^^^^
Post tl;dr
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Kafka has been trained under Andy Reid

Wow! Like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb?!?!

Look, I'm OK with Kafka as a throw in with an deal for drag choices, but to suggest he's anything more than a pure flyer & back up if Colt can't take the demotion is him-esque.

Please stop.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:11 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Why do you guys have to write so godamn much? It's fucking exhausting.

You actually read all that crap?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:58 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
Kafka has been trained under Andy Reid

Wow! Like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb?!?!

Look, I'm OK with Kafka as a throw in with an deal for drag choices, but to suggest he's anything more than a pure flyer & back up if Colt can't take the demotion is him-esque.

Please stop.

SD:

Dude anybody who thinks Colt McCoy couldn't be upgraded just by opening a box of Cracker Jacks is who should be stopped .

The Mutha Fucka is the fourth best QB on this roster and third is held by a punt returner / slash receiver, and second has never started a game that counted .

I got the same push back when I said trade up for Newton , and when Tennessee followed my blueprint on Locker to add Hasselback into the mix and show that cow the front door to the letter..

Don't presume to tell me now what you coldn't tell me then .

Kafka is an upgrade .

A dead cow with fly's is an upgrade over that weak armed calf humpin Holmgren Monkey .

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:26 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote: SD:

Fuck a duck .

SoulDawg

Dude, as President Bubba once said, "I feel your pain." I really do. But reaching for a QB got us into this mess in the first place. Read JB channeling Ozzie - let the draft come to you.

My money - Brandon Weeden ends up on the Browns roster at the start of camp. Not saying I like it, but that's the type pf move Walrus would make to prove how smart he is.

SD:

The Browns are dumb enough to draft a guy who won't be usefull until he reaches age 30 and is so brittle he got hurt playing baseball .

Moreover he's a pocket passer only, in stark contrast to the athletic abilities required to execute this offense at its best , so check two on yet another negative as to why he shouldn't be picked which increases the probabilities all the more he will be chosen.

Three he has no value picked before the fourth round as a flyer because of his age yet they'll compound all the reasons he shouldn't be chosen and pull the trigger early .

Against all that peeps have the nerve to think they're justified to give grief to the peeps who view Tannehill as a value.

yeah Riiight.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 pm

We all understand upgrading from Colt is not that difficult.

And the bar for the next QB HAS to be higher than "better than Colt".

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:54 am

pup wrote:We all understand upgrading from Colt is not that difficult.

And the bar for the next QB HAS to be higher than "better than Colt".

SD:

No doubt , you could accomplish a simple upgrade over that drek in the fourth with Lindley or Wilson if thats all you wanted .

I seek more , yes its a gamble Tannehill can develop into a franchise player , but its an absolute given he's an upgrade over that dog squat calf humper.

Tanne gives you potential for much much more , which warrants the gamble which is the whole premiss for why you invest the pick. .

Did I mention I hate using the word potential in regard to picks , especially at QB which is hard enough to project without all these moving parts .

But dammit pup , we got to roll the bones on someone soon , and I'll take my chances on a guy now picking this early with this size and physical attributes who at least has been exposed to the concepts and reads of the exact same offense we're running which reduces his learning curve and increases his chances of makin it.

vs

wasting a year , and having to revisit next year under the dire consequences to expend multiple umber ones to find somebody who can play when I don't have the luxury of all the ammo I have now .

Our first number one is a gimme as we have two this year .

There' s no better time or opportunity to take a chance on the most important position in football and bring in someone who has a chance to run this team at the same time the rest of these picks enter maturation

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL