Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Morris Claiborne

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Morris Claiborne

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Does anyone think that his receiving a 4 on the Wonderlic will effect his draft stock? I don't think it will considering algebra and verbal skills aren't what make All-Pro conerbacks. I just think that it will be awesome to see a guy have a lower or same Wonderlic score than his draft spot. It has to be a record (for someone taken in the top ten).
Last edited by andrew6586 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Re: Morris Claiborn

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Teams bringing him in for an interview will likely find him spinning around with the luggage on the baggage carousel.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 pm

I think this story will have zero impact on his draft stock and it was leaked by someone who wanted nothing more than shaming the kid in public. QB wonderlic is important, athlete freak corners, not.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby General » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

If a cornerback who runs a 4.54 40 is chasing a ball carrier who runs a 4.61 40 and has 12 yards to make up at a constant 37 degree angle starting at your own 26 when, if ever does the intersection take place. Now present your answer in a grammatically correct blue book by 4:30PM on Friday April 20. See it is important. I don't feel like working on an answer, maybe some of the inteligentsia who participate in these forums will work it out, I :spar:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm

General wrote:If a cornerback who runs a 4.54 40 is chasing a ball carrier who runs a 4.61 40 and has 12 yards to make up at a constant 37 degree angle starting at your own 26 when, if ever does the intersection take place. Now present your answer in a grammatically correct blue book by 4:30PM on Friday April 20. See it is important. I don't feel like working on an answer, maybe some of the inteligentsia who participate in these forums will work it out, I :spar:

The strip club. :spar:
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 pm

There are certain positions on the field where you HAVE to be smart.

CB isn't one of them.

"Mungo, don't let the guy in front of you catch the ball."
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:14 pm

See what you get:

http://www.nicholascreative.com/footballiq/index.php?reset=true

33 here, though I sprained a lobe on the typeset size question.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:17 pm

andrew6586 wrote:Does anyone think that his receiving a 4 on the Wonderlic will effect his draft stock? I don't think it will considering algebra and verbal skills aren't what make All-Pro conerbacks. I just think that it will be awesome to see a guy have a lower or same Wonderlic score than his draft spot. It has to be a record (for someone taken in the top ten).

SD:

I dunno man , what about those guys who played without face masks for thefirst 50 years of pro ball .

You gotta believe some of thos puppies couldn't spell cat if you spotted em the k .

A four on the wunderic , he'll have no problem playing the island , not to many thougts gonna get in his way to distarct him :)

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:20 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:A four on the wunderic , he'll have no problem playing the island , not to many thougts gonna get in his way to distarct him :)

SoulDawg

That's actually a great point. He won't spend too much time thinking about the previous play. They say Corners have to have short memories, well Mo is all set.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

40. I am smarter than Eli!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby General » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

33, I got Phillip Rivers beat.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby JabbaTheMutt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:35 pm

If this score is due to too many concussions it certainly would be an issue in today's NFL. If he's just naturally dumb, probably not a big deal, unless he wants to play for Belichick. ;-)
JabbaTheMutt

Favorite Player: Jorma Kaukonen
Least Favorite Player: Michael Jackson

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm

37 and I can't guard anyone.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Somebody needs to beat the shit out of whoever leaked this score:

Early Tuesday morning news circulated that LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, likely a top pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, scored a four on his Wonderlic test, a test of basic intelligence administered to players at the annual Scouting Combine. According to Greg Gabriel at the National Football Post, Claiborne has a learning disability.

Details about Claiborne's learning disability are unknown, but Gabriel did say that he understood it to have something to do with the young man's reading ability. Gabriel goes on to say that Claiborne has worked hard in spite of the disability, taking advantage of resources offered by the school for his classwork.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/ ... disability

If I were Morris I would be fucking PISSED.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby andrew6586 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Somebody needs to beat the shit out of whoever leaked this score:

Early Tuesday morning news circulated that LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, likely a top pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, scored a four on his Wonderlic test, a test of basic intelligence administered to players at the annual Scouting Combine. According to Greg Gabriel at the National Football Post, Claiborne has a learning disability.

Details about Claiborne's learning disability are unknown, but Gabriel did say that he understood it to have something to do with the young man's reading ability. Gabriel goes on to say that Claiborne has worked hard in spite of the disability, taking advantage of resources offered by the school for his classwork.

I'm a special ed teacher and work with kids like this everyday. Learning disabilities are different for everyone. I've had some kids get a 28 on their ACT and others that will never graduate. Morris has rights and it seems that he didn't receive the accommodations that he is supposed to get on tests. For those of you that don't know, they can be things like having the test read aloud, extended time for assessments, frequent breaks, use of a calculator, test in a small group, and other things. Kids are supposed to get these for all standardized and classroom tests pre-college and during college. Not sure if tests like the Wonderlic are considered "standardized" or not but he should have received the accommodations.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Re: Morris Claiborne

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 am

I saw we take him and plant evidence the Steelers leaked his score.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:41 am

Hikohadon wrote:See what you get:

http://www.nicholascreative.com/footballiq/index.php?reset=true

33 here, though I sprained a lobe on the typeset size question.

That question pissed me off reading it.......

I also got a 37.

How is this relevant to a football player's performance? Even for a QB? Is the DT going to ask Tom Brady about motorcycle oil or how many days Jeff can go without repeating the same outfit before the snap?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:41 am

andrew6586 wrote:

I'm a special ed teacher and work with kids like this everyday. Learning disabilities are different for everyone. I've had some kids get a 28 on their ACT and others that will never graduate. Morris has rights and it seems that he didn't receive the accommodations that he is supposed to get on tests. For those of you that don't know, they can be things like having the test read aloud, extended time for assessments, frequent breaks, use of a calculator, test in a small group, and other things. Kids are supposed to get these for all standardized and classroom tests pre-college and during college. Not sure if tests like the Wonderlic are considered "standardized" or not but he should have received the accommodations.

There are 8 different kinds of intelligence.

1. Linguistic Intelligence -- the gift of words.
Linguistically intelligent people best understand the world through the spoken and written word.

2. Visual/Spatial Intelligence -- the gift of pictures
Visually intelligent people best understand the world through
visualization and spatial orientation.

3. Musical -- The gift of music
Musically intelligent people best understand the world through rhythm and melody.

4. Bodily Kinesthetic Intelligence -- the gift of body
Physically intelligent people best understand the world through
physicality.

5. Logical/Mathematical -- the gift of logic and numbers
Mathematically and Logically intelligent people best understand the world through cause and effect.

6. Interpersonal Intelligence -- the gift of people
Socially intelligent people best understand the world through the eyes of others.

7. Intrapersonal -- the gift of self
Intrapersonally intelligent people best understand the world from their unique point of view.

8. Naturalist Intelligence -- the gift of nature
Environmentally intelligent people best understand the world through their own environment.

The Wonderlick score has nothing to do with Claiborn's #4, which I'm sure is at genius level.

/got a 37 - stoned as fuck. (smoke)
//so I used a calculator.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 am

It is indeed a douchebag move to leak people's test scores.

The Wonderlic is stupid anyway. I've always thought that they should have a standardized test that was made up of analyzing X's and O's, formations, coverages, etc. You know, stuff that actually pertained to football.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 am

To every season, spin, spin, spin.

One thing to play M2M and basic college zone vs 4.6ers from Misissippi State. Another thing to ball on Sunday. Kid is too dumb to be an elite NFL prospect and doesn't run a 4.3 and isn't 6'0".

Pass.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

jb wrote:To every season, spin, spin, spin.

One thing to play M2M and basic college zone vs 4.6ers from Misissippi State. Another thing to ball on Sunday. Kid is too dumb to be an elite NFL prospect and doesn't run a 4.3 and isn't 6'0".

Pass.

Depends on dumb v. legit reading disability.

Dyslexics, as far as I know, aren't necessarily incapable of learning.

If he's just a babbling idiot then yeah, pass.

Wasn't all that interested anyway for reasons beyond this.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 am

andrew6586 wrote:Does anyone think that his receiving a 4 on the Wonderlic will effect his draft stock? I don't think it will considering algebra and verbal skills aren't what make All-Pro conerbacks. I just think that it will be awesome to see a guy have a lower or same Wonderlic score than his draft spot. It has to be a record (for someone taken in the top ten).

SD:

Charlie Casserly said when they had guys they knew couldn't read they gave them a different test to see if they could pick up what thy had to do ,too do the job .

Lester Hayes had a stuttering impairment ,, couldn't say see spot jump without taking 15 minutes , but he worked his ass off and overcame his handicap .

This was deliberate sabotage to drop this kids stock , for anybody dumb enough to think tackling and covering a wide out has anything to do with Shakesphere.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Pass.

Right. Because they allow for ADA school accommodations strategies when he's trying to learn and digest a unique NFL game plan in 2 days.

If he were 6'1" and ran a 4.3 then maybe I'd think differently. I just don't se the measurables that make him worth it. This is also wrong of me, but I am influenced by the lack of production from Peterson the year prior. As an elite CB prospect he's a hell of a PR. I thnk that whole D is the shizznit.

Now if the Badger scores a 4? I might take him anyway.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Pass.

Right. Because they allow for ADA school accommodations strategies when he's trying to learn and digest a unique NFL game plan in 2 days.

If he were 6'1" and ran a 4.3 then maybe I'd think differently. I just don't se the measurables that make him worth it. This is also wrong of me, but I am influenced by the lack of production from Peterson the year prior. As an elite CB prospect he's a hell of a PR. I thnk that whole D is the shizznit.

Now if the Badger scores a 4? I might take him anyway.

Half the guys in the meetings can't fucking think. If MoCla can't think then no interest. If MoCla can't read then tell him what ya need and teach him to read in March/April/May

Same reason you didn't read the Nicholas Sparks novels but saw them so you could understand them. You don't need to read to learn how poignant and emotonal those Sparks stories are JB.

You know this.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Morris Claiborne ‏ @MoClaiborne Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Jus made it to Cleveland OH it don't stop! #Top10

Well, he's here now.

Under a hypothetical scenario, if he dropped down to 22, I'd be cool with picking him up.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 am

Triple-S wrote:Morris Claiborne ‏ @MoClaiborne Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
Jus made it to Cleveland OH it don't stop! #Top10

Well, he's here now.

Under a hypothetical scenario, if he dropped down to 22, I'd be cool with picking him up.

Can't even use a semi-colon properly. Pass.
jb

Unread postby Funky Cold Luis Medina » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Scored a 43. Ten times smarter than Mo, and making 0.5% as much money as he will this year. I hate the world.
I am the sumo florist, and flowers are my trade.
Funky Cold Luis Medina
Insert Title Here

Favorite Player: Cory Snyder
Least Favorite Player: Too many to list

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm

The most amusing aspect of this entire thread is that the test which was linked is not an actual Wonderlic test. So all you guys can stop pulling an oblique trying to pat yourselves on the back. :hide: ;-) ;) :wink:

Disclaimer: This is not a Wonderlic test and the scores derived from it may not accurately reflect the score you would attain on the Wonderlic test.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm

mattvan1 wrote:The most amusing aspect of this entire thread is that the test which was linked is not an actual Wonderlic test. So all you guys can stop pulling an oblique trying to pat yourselves on the back. :hide: ;-) ;) :wink:

Disclaimer: This is not a Wonderlic test and the scores derived from it may not accurately reflect the score you would attain on the Wonderlic test.

Disclaimer: I have taken the Wonderlic and this one is actually more complicated.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL