Text Size

College Sports Arena

2013 Recruiting

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: 2013 Recruiting

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Big weekend for OSU 2013 recruiting......11W:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2012/03/b ... r-buckeyes
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 am

It's bigger than that now, 247 is saying Jaylon Smith will be there. I think a few other guys as well.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 am

Spence, Cam Williams, Cam Burrows and Armani will be in town too.

And Aaron Bailey now.

This isn't just a kind of big weekend, this is a huge weekend.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:33 am

Lazard as well.

And Perkins will be in town.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:48 am

WTF, Donovan Munger too. This is kind of silly.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 am

First day with pads, also the first Winners/Losers day I think.

Trying to stir these guys into a commitment frenzy with Pocic and the WVU flip maybe....
JCoz

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

I love it.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 am

Courtney Love in town too.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Courtney Love in town too.

The skanky bitch from Hole that killed Curt Cobain, or the dude from Y-Town Cardinal Mooney?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Ezekiel Elliott committed
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 am

Jayme Thompson in as well. Up to seven.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Alex 11W ‏ @alex11w
Just spoke to someone and if what they told me is true, #OSU may be getting commit number 8 sooner than you think
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 am

Holy hell, now this is some crazy recruiting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnAP9aK_OU Urbs set up a private message for Ezekial from Archie and Gene Smith.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Holy hell, now this is some crazy recruiting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnAP9aK_OU Urbs set up a private message for Ezekial from Archie and Gene Smith.

That's totally creepy in a Sandusky way. Two older men massaging an 18 year old?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Holy hell, now this is some crazy recruiting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnAP9aK_OU Urbs set up a private message for Ezekial from Archie and Gene Smith.

That's totally creepy in a Sandusky way. Two older men massaging an 18 year old?

Yep. Might even get a second look and a mention if it wasn't happening in Camelot :hide:

OMG- what if it was Saban? ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah, I think the NCAA should take another look at this. They might be able to decode the sinister intent behind this innocent-looking "welcome to campus" message by two OSU officials.

danwismar

Unread postby gnati » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 pm

I feel dirty just watching that.

What the fuck?
gnati

Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm

danwismar wrote:Yeah, I think the NCAA should take another look at this. They might be able to decode the sinister intent behind this innocent-looking "welcome to campus" message by two OSU officials.

You see, it was a pun that revolved around a spelling joke and.....

never mind.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Meh, if they sent it to his house it would have been creepy, but as a greeting presentation during an on campus visit, not sure I see the issue.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Blow me JB, you making puns about typos is about a pot/kettle as we'll ever know.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Blow me JB, you making puns about typos is about a pot/kettle as we'll ever know.

Again, eludes you.

You ain't ginning at early happy hour, are you?
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:35 am

jb wrote:
danwismar wrote:Yeah, I think the NCAA should take another look at this. They might be able to decode the sinister intent behind this innocent-looking "welcome to campus" message by two OSU officials.

You see, it was a pun that revolved around a spelling joke and.....

never mind.

It was obvious you were just cracking wise, jb. It was the next comment that had me going wtf? Harder to tell if Peeker was even remotely serious.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Robert Foster, LaQuon Treadwell, and Vonn Bell

Like holy fuckballs. #1 WR in the nation, #11 (four star) WR, #3 safety in the nation all visiting this weekend.

Also, Foster is very likely the top recruit on Meyer's board, seeing as all he does is shit on our WRs and this year the nation's best happens to be in PA (and a complete freak).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, if I had to list the 2013 recruits out there right now, I would have to say Foster is the #1 most important guy for tOSU. That includes committed guys like Jalin Marshall and Burrows who are excellent players as well. Foster is not quite a "Must Get" but he is critical.

Last year's OT's (Decker and Dodson) were must gets. FWIW, early returns say that Decker is going to be awesome. He probably will not start next year, but he will certainly be a leading contender to replace Fragel at RT (or move to LT) next year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:08 pm

If they get Lazard and Pocic to go with Lisle this year (and it very much looks like that is our class, with Lazard probably the next commit) I would have to assume you will be happy with the tackle depth.

Lazard, like Thompson is going to end up a four star and very underrated right now, his offer list is clear (as is his size).

BTW: Lazard coming in will give Meyer the top player and top OL from The Dirty.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 am

D-rob#4 ‏ @DROBFoster_4
Swear me n my bra @J_whiz_3 is tired from all these old heads talkiN to us from OSU.

There is no fit with the #1 target on the board and the #1 WR in the country (that happens to be close regionally). Sucks, but you live to fight another day.

He wants to clown and that is fine, but it isn't going to be Urban's way (no matter what we claimed about him and criminals) he wants workers. He bored a clowning walkabout that has more talent then maybe everyone in the country...........

*and if any of you think for a second I am following a highschool kid on twitter I will cut you
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
D-rob#4 ‏ @DROBFoster_4
Swear me n my bra @J_whiz_3 is tired from all these old heads talkiN to us from OSU.

There is no fit with the #1 target on the board and the #1 WR in the country (that happens to be close regionally). Sucks, but you live to fight another day.

He wants to clown and that is fine, but it isn't going to be Urban's way (no matter what we claimed about him and criminals) he wants workers. He bored a clowning walkabout that has more talent then maybe everyone in the country...........

*and if any of you think for a second I am following a highschool kid on twitter I will cut you

Yep looks like that courtship is likely over. Bummer, I thought Foster would be an amazing addition to this year's class and I would've liked to have had him in it. I guess he is not a "cultural" fit at tOSU. He will be a good player, just in someone else's.

Regarding the tackles...

I haven't seen any video on Lazard, but some guys whose opinion matters to me really seem to love that kid. I like the body type, 6'6" 307 could be inside or outside. From all accounts he is very athletic and based on Meyer/Warriner's OL philosophy he could play T or G.

I like Pocic a lot. He was my top OL that OSU had a legitimate shot at and he should be a T. I think the new recruiting philosophy at tOSU is to grab tackles (or guys that project as G or T) and let camp/practice sort out whether they end up inside or outside. That is the perfect philosophy. No more guys that have no ability to play outside at all (Tommy Brown, Underwood, or Carter) because you can always move a slower tackle inside to G but you really cannot move a G out to T (see Browning, Bryant).

So assuming the Bucks land Pocic and Lazard the OL depth becomes a strength on the team.

Tackles:
Name (# of years of eligibilty from 2013 assuming no RS).
-Mewhort (1)
-Norwell (2)
-Decker (3)
--Dodson (3)
-Pocic (4)
-Lisle (4)
-Lazard (4)
-Baldwin (2)

Guards
-Carter (3)
-Brown (3)
-Underwood(2)
-O'Conner (3)
-Linsley (1)
-Hall (1)
-Bobek (3)
-Boren (3)
-Elflein (3)

Some of these guys may move around a little, but I like where will be in 2013. If we pick up 3-4 tackles per year in the future, OL depth should remain excellent.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

I have a feeling about the 2012 OL class. Decker is already showing well, everyone loved Dodson, Boren is showing well and Elflein is an excellent athlete (#2 HW wrestler in OH last year). Oh yeah, Joey O'Connor was PSU's top commitment before flipping to tOSU.

I also believe that Warriner will prove 10x more effective at developing OL than Jim Bollman.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Robert Foster has stated that the comments were not directed at the OSU staff or whatever and that he is still strongly interested in tOSU. That said, he is on his way to the $outh for a vi$it to 'Bama. Personally, I think the Foster ship has sailed, and after reading his interview there is something offputting about him. Don't get me wrong, I would still like to see him S&G, but I am not as interested in him as I was before this week.

Personally, I am hoping that we find another guy of similar talent/potential for to fill the split end spot in 2013. Deveon Allen (trackstar/hurdler) is an interesting prospect, but I am not 100% sold. Shelton Gibson is a poor man's version of Allen. I do like hurdlers as football players (if I had to pick a track event). Ginn was an All world hurdler (13.26 110M and 36.73 300M). FWIW, Ginn's 13.26 110M hurdles that he ran as a HS senior would have won him the NCAA championship in 2011. We have had lots of 100M stars (Saine and Smith to name a couple), but hurdles seem to speak to a more fluid, explosive athlete.

Here is an excerpt on Allen's recent track exploits:

All he did was set state records in winning the 110-meter high hurdles in 13.52 seconds and the 300-meter intermediates in 36.39, capture the 200 dash by the slimmest of margins at 21.10 — all this after warming up by running a leg on the Broncos' 4x100 relay team that clocked a glittering 41.15.

Kid kind of reminds me of Hartline, not because he is white, but because he shows good toughness after the catch and catches the ball away from his body and has very good speed. He is still not Rob Foster, but I think I have talked myself into liking him.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:34 pm

nevada is saying OSU is dropping Foster, due to his complete and utter disregard for academics.

Either way, Tredwell is having an outstanding visit today and if we can steal him from scUM....

(side note: - "Most impressive player to emerge at the Adidas Invitational? 2014 Mineral Ridge (Ohio) running back Devine Redding. Physically he looks like he's a college freshman and nobody came close showing off skills like his during running back drills. He rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and could be someone to watch later on." - per CBS)

Miserable effing Ridge... uhg.

And Gibson will be a Buckeye, that is pretty much done, just a matter of waiting until his announcement.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

-Treadwell would be a nice addition and a better subtraction (from scUM's roster).

-Gibson is a track star, but I am not sold on him 100% as a FB player. He is the kind of kid I think we should take a flyer on. THe odds of him developing as a football player are way better than the odds of a slow kid developing as an athlete. In a perfect world, you want Shelton Gibson with Brian Hartline's hands and guts with a bit of Dane Sanzenbacher's brain. In the end, I will settle for Shelton Gibson's athleticism with the sincere hope that he can at least develop the hands and guts to make a difference.

-I sometimes forget that the Bucks already have Jalin Marshall and he will make plays. Whether or not he is a WR will be seen, but he is a hell of an athlete.

-On a completely unrelated note, I am still not loving the recruiting strategy. Going all on in superstar 30 offer kids is a dangerous strategy (as we are seeing with Foster and Jaylon Smith). I am completely unconcerned with the LB position for the 2013 class (hell at least a couple of the five 2012 LBs have to be good, right?). A little less effort on Foster and a little more on Treadwell and maybe we wouldn't be playing catch up. I am particularly concerned because the midwest is widely underappreciated by the services so a lot of these guys are ending up on our rivals' rosters.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Bucks made up a ton of ground on Jaylin on his visit and they have a ton of options behind Foster they have been working, I am not worried, especially with a small class coming this year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm

One thing the Bucks have going for them is that there is no, "OMG, the sky is falling" need. I cannot really think of spot aside from WR or Safety that I am worried about depth. Neither of those positions are positions that generally put Fr. on the field either. Rob Foster could see the field as a Fr., but I doubt he is a guy that would change the face of the team as Fr.

I could see DT as being a problem in 2014/15 depending on who moves in from SSDE. I don't love Schutt, we'll have to see what Billy Price can do. He could be a difference maker inside.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Buckeyes land one of the best TE's in the country out of Cali without the kid even meeting Meyer.

Marcus Bough.

Kid is a hell of an athlete, Huge pickup and it almost certainly boots McNeil form the picture with heurman about to commit around the corner.
JCoz

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Here's some junior year highlights of Baugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEWOp1zU3E

Yeah, it's just three minutes of film, but the kid looks super fast and athletic for a TE. Trying to think of the last OSU TE with that kind of athletic ability and running skills...Ricky Dudley was a great athlete, but he didn't run the ball after the catch like this kid does in this film.

On an unhappy note, true freshman Jacoby Boren, who had impressed the coaches this spring, and by some accounts had bumped Bobek from the backup center spot, had surgery today for a torn labrum, and it's questionable if he'll see action this season. Kyle Dodson had the same procedure done (not sure when...after signing day??) and they are already talking about the possibility he'll have to redshirt 2012. Not what this team needed on their O-Line. To swipe one from Swerb, this team needs another injured offensive lineman like Mike Holmgren needs a bucket of chicken.

danwismar

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 am

danwismar wrote:On an unhappy note, true freshman Jacoby Boren, who had impressed the coaches this spring, and by some accounts had bumped Bobek from the backup center spot, had surgery today for a torn labrum, and it's questionable if he'll see action this season. Kyle Dodson had the same procedure done (not sure when...after signing day??) and they are already talking about the possibility he'll have to redshirt 2012. Not what this team needed on their O-Line. To swipe one from Swerb, this team needs another injured offensive lineman like Mike Holmgren needs a bucket of chicken.

That really sucks.

Eyeo, didn't that end your playing career?
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am

According to PD Doug, the outlook isn't as grim as I may have portrayed it. The labrum was torn during his senior season...they had hoped to delay the surgery until after the 2012 season, but changed their minds and decided to do it now in hopes that he can rehab and see action this year. My assumption is that Dodson may also be back in time to contribute in 2012. I have had my own share of shoulder troubles, but I'm not up on what kind of rehab times are involved with surgeries of this sort.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am

Both of my shoulders would pop out of place on the field all the time (now they do when I do crazy things like open doors), but I would just have to go out, repop it in then reenter the game. I was fine playing through that stuff.

Losing every ligament on the outside of my ankle and needing microfracture on the same ankle did my career in.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Both of my shoulders would pop out of place on the field all the time (now they do when I do crazy things like open doors), but I would just have to go out, repop it in then reenter the game. I was fine playing through that stuff.

Losing every ligament on the outside of my ankle and needing microfracture on the same ankle did my career in.

I am no stranger to that ankle injury, it ended my days in the Marine Corps and pushed me into the Navy. I had no posterior talo-fibular ligament (completely severed), my anterior talo-fibular was severely torn/comprimised, and my CF ligament was stretched and may have recovered. The injury was gruesome and I had the full Watson-Jones ankle ligament reconstruction/replacement. Horrible injury and worse recovery.

Hopefully we don't need Boren this year and he can take a RS. Early returns from Spring Camp have him as an impact player down the road, I would hate to burn a year of eligibility bringing a guy back from an injury as a freshman too early. Same thing with Dodson. Sounds like Decker is the #3 OT and is probably fixed there unless Dodson blows the doors off this mutha at fall camp. Decker has actually blown the staff away, and judging by the early camp rumors Decker is the next big thing at OT. If Dodson plays to 1/2 of what we are being led to believe Decker has done, then the Buckeyes are in great shape at Tackle for the next 3 years. Strangely, most people had Dodson as the better prospect coming out of HS, so it could be interesting.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Completely unrelated to my last post....

Sounds like Joey Bosa is having an amazing visit to tOSU. I doubt we will see him commit on the visit (although the Baugh out of the blue commitment this week shows anything is possible), but based on what Bosa is tweeting, it sounds like the Buckeyes have a VERY legit shot at landing this kid.

For those that don't follow recruiting that closely, Bosa is the #2 SSDE in the country (Rivals) and #14 overall player (Rivals). He is absolutely one of the best players in FL (which makes him one of the best in the country). His tape reminds me a lot of John Simon. He is not quite as strong as Simon, but he plays with good leverage and uses his hands very effectively. I don't think he has a ton of burst (big change from Spence and Washington) and he really looks like a 2-gap 5 Tech DE. I am not sure exactly how that fits into tOSU's newer philosophy on the DL with putting speed on both ends, but whatever, I say bring him in and let Vrabel sort it out.

He is not a guy that is going to dominate at rushing the passer, I say JJ Watt is a pretty good comparison to what he could grow up to be (that is a pretty nice ceiling if you ask me), but it is very different than the SEC style 2 oversized OLB DEs that many of us thought we were going to go to.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm

furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

I am no stranger to that ankle injury, it ended my days in the Marine Corps and pushed me into the Navy. I had no posterior talo-fibular ligament (completely severed), my anterior talo-fibular was severely torn/comprimised, and my CF ligament was stretched and may have recovered. The injury was gruesome and I had the full Watson-Jones ankle ligament reconstruction/replacement. Horrible injury and worse recovery.

The ankle has no place to hide and the injuries have gotten worse over the years. Bigger, faster, stonger= more hoffific injuries. Technology & Techniques have not kept pace, but procedures have been modified to reduce the post-op morbidity without sacrificing function & stability.

But the peroneal tendons can only go so far....;)

Regardless, if you need ankle reconstruction you won't be winning any obstacle course races ..and forget about uneven surfaces. Done right , it would be real hard to ever sprain the reconstructed ankle again. The quicks are gone.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:13 am

furls wrote:Completely unrelated to my last post....

Sounds like Joey Bosa is having an amazing visit to tOSU. I doubt we will see him commit on the visit (although the Baugh out of the blue commitment this week shows anything is possible), but based on what Bosa is tweeting, it sounds like the Buckeyes have a VERY legit shot at landing this kid.

For those that don't follow recruiting that closely, Bosa is the #2 SSDE in the country (Rivals) and #14 overall player (Rivals). He is absolutely one of the best players in FL (which makes him one of the best in the country). His tape reminds me a lot of John Simon. He is not quite as strong as Simon, but he plays with good leverage and uses his hands very effectively. I don't think he has a ton of burst (big change from Spence and Washington) and he really looks like a 2-gap 5 Tech DE. I am not sure exactly how that fits into tOSU's newer philosophy on the DL with putting speed on both ends, but whatever, I say bring him in and let Vrabel sort it out.

He is not a guy that is going to dominate at rushing the passer, I say JJ Watt is a pretty good comparison to what he could grow up to be (that is a pretty nice ceiling if you ask me), but it is very different than the SEC style 2 oversized OLB DEs that many of us thought we were going to go to.

I admit it does sound like he's having a great time, but I just dont see him leaving the south in the end.

There was a quote from him a week or two ago about him reconsidering going too far from home, meaning that he was starting to lean towards staying in or very near Florida.

But sometimes people fall in love with places, so there is slight hope.

His uncle is Eric Kumerow btw, for those that did not know that.
JCoz

Unread postby furls » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:44 pm

pod2dawg wrote:
furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

The ankle has no place to hide and the injuries have gotten worse over the years. Bigger, faster, stonger= more hoffific injuries. Technology & Techniques have not kept pace, but procedures have been modified to reduce the post-op morbidity without sacrificing function & stability.

Regardless, if you need ankle reconstruction you won't be winning any obstacle course races ..and forget about uneven surfaces. Done right , it would be real hard to ever sprain the reconstructed ankle again. The quicks are gone.

That is pretty much me... haven't sprained it since the surgery, but on a pain scale of of 1-10 it is pretty much a 1 100% of the time, not bad, just an annoyance. I no longer have any hops off my right foot which has really affected my hoops game and made my left hand game considerably weaker. I was already right hand dominant, now I really hate driving to my left. The arthritis is already setting in 6 years later.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 am

https://twitter.com/#%21/jbbigbear

This kid is coming to C-Bus and the fact that he is..... insane.

Nothing was a lie on his visit, kid fell in love with the idea of playing for Urban.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:57 am

There are a couple of guys that I pay really close attention to... I have no idea where they get their info from, but they are saying that Bosa to tOSU is done. Now that seems like a pretty high probability guess but they were saying it during day 2 of his visit. Now he is following tOSU players (Joel Hale 2nd string DT) is the newest and talking about coming back for the spring game a week later? Sounds like a done deal to me. Add in that his mom is an OSU alum and his Uncle used to play for tOSU? Done Deal.

I like him a lot. Scout, Rivals, ESPN and 247 all list him as the #2 DE in the country and his offer list reads like a who's who list of NCAA bluebloods. This kid is a huge get!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:04 am

I finally had a chance to watch Marcus Baugh's highlights.....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

The kid moves so well that it is impossible to believe that he is 6'4 225. I like him way better than the Breneman kid that committed to PSU. The kid is a serious athlete. His HS team lines him up split out, could you imagine being a CB and trying to cover that beast? The word is that he is too fast for LBs, to big for safeties and too physical for CBs.

All I can say is WOW. I had no idea we had any shot with that kid so I wasn't really looking.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 am

pod2dawg wrote:
furls wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

They asked me to come back and play center. That is the exact moment I quit. A year of rehab to pretend to play center? Nope.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 am

furls wrote:I finally had a chance to watch Marcus Baugh's highlights.....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

The kid moves so well that it is impossible to believe that he is 6'4 225. I like him way better than the Breneman kid that committed to PSU. The kid is a serious athlete. His HS team lines him up split out, could you imagine being a CB and trying to cover that beast? The word is that he is too fast for LBs, to big for safeties and too physical for CBs.

All I can say is WOW. I had no idea we had any shot with that kid so I wasn't really looking.

As I tell the UM grads on twitter I ball with, OSU is about to land the top TE in Cali and Florida.

Think about that for a minute.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:50 am

Anzalone and Bosa coming to the spring game per Bucknuts.

If this happens our top D-line recruit is a Buck and our #2 LB recruit is a Buck. (the #1 lb recruit is Rod Smith's brother and is far from a done deal)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena