Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Threeway ..............................

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Threeway ..............................

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Three team race is on for the services of Ryan tannehill.

Chilly is all in

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18140949/ aggies-qb-tannehill-impresses-with-several-teams-w atching

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Threeway ..............................

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 pm

The same Chilly that doesn't have a clue about Tannehill's background?

"It's remarkable that a wide receiver came in as proficient as he did at a big-time program," said Childress. "I have no reservations (about lack of experience). I like kids who haven't been playing the position since Pop Warner."
::doh::
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

mattvan1 wrote:The same Chilly that doesn't have a clue about Tannehill's background?

"It's remarkable that a wide receiver came in as proficient as he did at a big-time program," said Childress. "I have no reservations (about lack of experience). I like kids who haven't been playing the position since Pop Warner."

Well that's accurate if what Chilly really meant was "I like kids who played the position in Pop Warner, Junior High, and High School but took a year or two off when they first got to college."

Let's hope Seattle really likes him - hard to forget they traded two 2's for a QB that is already back with his former team (Whitehurst). It'd have to be a goldmine though - 12 is pretty far back to drop (though they might be able to get Floyd there). Something like this year's 2 and next year's 1 and 3.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Again I see nothing in there that should change my opinion that the Browns aren't drafting Tennehill.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby pup » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Seattle leaving this offseason with Flynn and Tanny would be the most entertaining thing I have ever seen.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:36 pm

pup wrote:Seattle leaving this offseason with Flynn and Tanny would be the most entertaining thing I have ever seen.

Not sure I'd rate it above The Tebow & Sanchise Show.

Now, Alex Smith and Tanny...
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby andrew6586 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:30 am

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:The same Chilly that doesn't have a clue about Tannehill's background?

Well that's accurate if what Chilly really meant was "I like kids who played the position in Pop Warner, Junior High, and High School but took a year or two off when they first got to college."

Let's hope Seattle really likes him - hard to forget they traded two 2's for a QB that is already back with his former team (Whitehurst). It'd have to be a goldmine though - 12 is pretty far back to drop (though they might be able to get Floyd there). Something like this year's 2 and next year's 1 and 3.

Seattle just signed Flynn. I don't see them trading up at this point. Although I wish they would.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 pm

andrew6586 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Seattle just signed Flynn. I don't see them trading up at this point. Although I wish they would.

I don't think they feel that Flynn is a long-term solution. So you draft a Tannehill and truly let him sit a couple years behind a vet who got his starting job following that same path. Easily the best-case scenario if you're Tannehill.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL