Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Draft Prospect Reset

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Draft Prospect Reset

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

Taking a breath, reviewing what we learned. One more really specialized and intriguing WR prospect tonight or tomorrow and then we hit some OL that will be available and interesting to Browns early in the draft:

http://bit.ly/GIcwtf
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Draft Prospect Reset

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

peeker643 wrote: One more really specialized and intriguing WR prospect tonight or tomorrow

Damn I'm gonna need double doze Ambien tonight. Ho am I going to sleep?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 am

peeker643 wrote:Taking a breath, reviewing what we learned. One more really specialized and intriguing WR prospect tonight or tomorrow and then we hit some OL that will be available and interesting to Browns early in the draft:

Hopefull its Hill.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 am

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote: One more really specialized and intriguing WR prospect tonight or tomorrow

Damn I'm gonna need double doze Ambien tonight. Ho am I going to sleep?

Probably like you usually do: 15 beers?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Taking a breath, reviewing what we learned. One more really specialized and intriguing WR prospect tonight or tomorrow and then we hit some OL that will be available and interesting to Browns early in the draft:

Hopefull its Hill.

Running nine routes for a living. That's the guy.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

Stay with Colt. Give him some help with Trent "Freak" Richardson and a full offseason. An RT with two feet would also help.

Look at the stats comparison of rookie QB's. Colt holds his own. Despite the afore mentioned handicaps.

Two years ago we were all jovial that we got a diamond in the rough in the 3rd round. Sure his arm isn't a cannon, but he's tough as nails and a true leader on the field.

Give him a RB and watch the D creep up...then ? We'll see.

:spar:

Edit: like the new blog guys.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby scott » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 am

bookelly wrote:Stay with Colt. Give him some help with Trent "Freak" Richardson and a full offseason. An RT with two feet would also help.

Look at the stats comparison of rookie QB's. Colt holds his own. Despite the afore mentioned handicaps.

Two years ago we were all jovial that we got a diamond in the rough in the 3rd round. Sure his arm isn't a cannon, but he's tough as nails and a true leader on the field.

Give him a RB and watch the D creep up...then ? We'll see.

:spar:

Edit: like the new blog guys.

I've gotten over RGIII. Heckert did a nice job in his first draft for us last year. We can add 3-4 impact players at positions of need if things fall right.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 am

I know how unbelievably dumb this is, but I am warming up to Richardson at 4 , a BPA WR at 22, and ORT at 37. CB prospect in round 3 , OL & LBer fliers after that.

Kick me in the jimmy, but I'm gravitating here.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 am

jb wrote:I know how unbelievably dumb this is, but I am warming up to Richardson at 4 , a BPA WR at 22, and ORT at 37. CB prospect in round 3 , OL & LBer fliers after that.

Yep. If they're going 'elite' I think that's how it goes down.

Only way I see otherwise is if they really think a guy like L Miller or D Wilson is close enough to Richardson that there's more value to trade back and get one of those guys while accumulating picks. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Miller and Floyd after watching too many of their games/plays.

Although I really think it's Richardson or move back if a couple teams get excited about Claiborne, Kalil or Richardson and will give up an Atlanta-like haul.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:40 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:I know how unbelievably dumb this is, but I am warming up to Richardson at 4 , a BPA WR at 22, and ORT at 37. CB prospect in round 3 , OL & LBer fliers after that.

Yep. If they're going 'elite' I think that's how it goes down.

Only way I see otherwise is if they really think a guy like L Miller or D Wilson is close enough to Richardson that there's more value to trade back and get one of those guys while accumulating picks. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Miller and Floyd after watching too many of their games/plays.

Although I really think it's Richardson or move back if a couple teams get excited about Claiborne, Kalil or Richardson and will give up an Atlanta-like haul.

Oh, and I like Steve Hill, too. Didn't get a chance in that O to really show, but he's in that Greg Little mold. May give you a shot at the Stanford ORT if you hope Hill is there at 37.

As much as I undervalue RB, I think taking a CB is likewise tough. The whole notion of a shut down corner is like looking for a passenger pidgin these days vs elite offenses AFAIC.

If they draft Kaleel 4 overall look for me on the overpass of your choice with an automatic weapon.

Keyrhyst.

Do we REALLY trade down 3 years in a row with zero playmakers?

Can't see it, and I also don't see teams looking at cats in our slot as "gotta haves". We won't get value.

Just take the best O playmaker there and get on with it. I think that's Trent > Blackmon. YMMV.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 am

I am as well though I would prefer a trade down in a perfect world.

I'm torn on the OT at 37 because I've really warmed up to Zach Brown. I think he is a better OLB prospect than Sanders is a OT prospect.

But because the browns refused to even attempt (not that I even know, just assuming) to address RT in FA, its a higher priority.

So if we could trade down and aquire another 2nd and get both, that would be the ideal situation. I think I'd still pick Brown there to be honest and hope to address tackle later.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:48 am

jb wrote:Oh, and I like Steve Hill, too. Didn't get a chance in that O to really show, but he's in that Greg Little mold. May give you a shot at the Stanford ORT if you hope Hill is there at 37.

As much as I undervalue RB, I think taking a CB is likewise tough. The whole notion of a shut down corner is like looking for a passenger pidgin these days vs elite offenses AFAIC.

If they draft Kaleel 4 overall look for me on the overpass of your choice with an automatic weapon.

Keyrhyst.

Do we REALLY trade down 3 years in a row with zero playmakers?

Can't see it, and I also don't see teams looking at cats in our slot as "gotta haves". We won't get value.

Just take the best O playmaker there and get on with it. I think that's Trent > Blackmon. YMMV.

Did you see Hill’s combine numbers? If he makes it to 37 I’ll be shocked. Athletically he’s got WAY more going on than Greg Little. Better WR? Dunno. EDIT: I take it back, besides being faster, they are remarkably similair in drill numbers, and probably about as equally inexperienced as WR's.

If Kalil falls to 4 that is an absolute best case scenario for the Browns, that puts trade down squarely in their sights, sadly, Mike has far to big an ego to do what he SHOULD do in that scenario, which is trade to the team that wants him most, the Rams. And you’d still be sitting at 6 for Richardson most likely.
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:49 am

Just thinking some mix of O playmakers and ORT in 1st 3 picks.

Can't see Mo Clay.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 am

JCoz wrote:
Did you see Hill’s combine numbers? If he makes it to 37 I’ll be shocked. Athletically he’s got WAY more going on than Greg Little. Better WR? Dunno.

If Kalil falls to 4 that is an absolute best case scenario for the Browns, that puts trade down squarely in their sights, sadly, Mike has far to big an ego to do what he SHOULD do in that scenario, which is trade to the team that wants him most, the Rams. And you’d still be sitting at 6 for Richardson most likely.

Who knows. I' seeing Hill in the 30's in many mocks. Needs, slotting, its a crap shoot up 5 slots / down 5 slots.

I'm all for moving down a slot or 3. But no more nosetackles and centers.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Did you see Hill’s combine numbers? If he makes it to 37 I’ll be shocked. Athletically he’s got WAY more going on than Greg Little. Better WR? Dunno.

Who knows. I' seeing Hill in the 30's in many mocks. Needs, slotting, its a crap shoot up 5 slots / down 5 slots.

I'm all for moving down a slot or 3. But no more nosetackles and centers.

6'4 WR's who run 4.3 40's generally dont last till the 2nd, but hey...Al is dead so there's a better chance this year than last.

Also had to edit above as you are far more correct than I thought regarding their similarities.

Even having a pick in the teen's and a pick in the 20's probably lands us Miller and Wright...So I'm cool with more than a few slots if they are of the same mind here.
JCoz

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Sigh.........agree that right now Richardson is the only one at 4 that flips my flapjacks

I think they'll go Floyd @22 if he's even still there but if I had a choice, I pick Kendall Wright

...after that I don't much give a rat's ass as long as they're right... 10-12 more LB's sounds about right tho and I'm really digging the RT with two feet angle...
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Hard to get excited for Richardson and BPAs when it'll be another 16 games of the Colt 'n Seneca Show this fall. I still feel we gotta squeeze Weeden in there somewhere.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Hard to get excited for Richardson and BPAs when it'll be another 16 games of the Colt 'n Seneca Show this fall. I still feel we gotta squeeze Weeden in there somewhere.

Possibly Weeden at 37. But really; why?
jb

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:47 pm

[quote="Fire Marshall Bill...after that I don't much give a rat's ass as long as they're right... 10-12 more LB's sounds about right tho and I'm really digging the RT with two feet angle...[/quote]

We need to make sure that those two feet include (1) Left and (1) Right.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby Doc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

It's sad that the 2 best players on the board at #4 are the 2 things we least need. And the 3rd best traditionally shouldn't be drafted at that spot. I don't have a clue this year what to do.

Obviously a trade down is what I'd prefer. Any takers in the Top 10? I'd love to be able to drop back a few spots and still be able to get, say, Floyd (or Richardson/Blackmon of course). But who wouldn't?

We need...QB, RB, WR x 2, RT, OG, LB x 2, CB, S. 10 needs. I doubt they bring in another young OG this year. As long as they address RB, WR, RT, LB, CB, and hopefully either QB or S in the first 4 rounds, I should be happy. Preference if they stay put...Richardson, Hill, RT in the 2nd, Minnifield in the 3rd, and maybe Nick Foles and a safety in round 4.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Doc wrote:It's sad that the 2 best players on the board at #4 are the 2 things we least need. And the 3rd best traditionally shouldn't be drafted at that spot. I don't have a clue this year what to do.

Obviously a trade down is what I'd prefer. Any takers in the Top 10? I'd love to be able to drop back a few spots and still be able to get, say, Floyd (or Richardson/Blackmon of course). But who wouldn't?

We need...QB, RB, WR x 2, RT, OG, LB x 2, CB, S. 10 needs. I doubt they bring in another young OG this year. As long as they address RB, WR, RT, LB, CB, and hopefully either QB or S in the first 4 rounds, I should be happy. Preference if they stay put...Richardson, Hill, RT in the 2nd, Minnifield in the 3rd, and maybe Nick Foles and a safety in round 4.

If no QB until 4th I think Brock may be in play.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm

I think Weeden is going to drop, maybe past the 2nd. Figure Wash, Indy and Miami take Luck, RG3 and Tannehill who else besides us is unsettled at QB? Can't see Minn or Jax using a 2nd rounder after using top 15 picks last year, would KC? I feel like QB is the one position where most teams don't just follow their board especially in the first two rounds, if you need one you get one, if you don't, you dont go blowing a 2nd rounder because of value.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm

jb wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Hard to get excited for Richardson and BPAs when it'll be another 16 games of the Colt 'n Seneca Show this fall. I still feel we gotta squeeze Weeden in there somewhere.

Possibly Weeden at 37. But really; why?

Irrational belief that Weeden might actually step in and win games, or at the least be better than watching McCoy flail around before taking the next shot to his noggin.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:31 pm

On one hand - Weeden could very well come in and be better than Colt right away.

On the other - not a high confidence that he can has Super Bowl winning QB potential (no matter where he goes).
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby mistero » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Tannehill at 4.
K Wright at 22.
L Miller at 37.

Give me a RT in the 3rd and T Ganaway in the 5th as my new WCO FB.

Let the offense grow up together.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 pm

mistero wrote:Tannehill at 4.
K Wright at 22.
L Miller at 37.

Give me a RT in the 3rd and T Ganaway in the 5th as my new WCO FB.

Let the offense grow up together.

Into what?

Mediocrity?
jb

Unread postby mistero » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Yes, you nailed it. Mediocrity. (mooning)

Have you watched any of these players?

Miller and Wright are playmakers. Tannehill is prototypical WCO QB.

I know doing the right thing is the exact opposite you've come to expect on draft day but can I at least dream until Heckert and Co pisses in my ear hole? We need skill players, starting with a new QB and Tannehill is the only gunslinger left at the bar. Sure he's a "B" prospect and Luck and Grffin are "A+" prospects. Still beats the shit out of Little Lamp Lighter and his D+ grade for another year.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 pm

mistero wrote:Yes, you nailed it. Mediocrity. (mooning)

I have, have you?

An interception machine with accuracy issues is a prototype WCO QB?

He's a mobile DA to me.

The other guys are OK. Get me more of them. We missed the boat on fixing the QB for now.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 pm

I'll be shocked if Miller lasted to 37

...and Tannehill @4

JFC just shoot me now

The only possible reason I can fathom for the supposed Tannehil man love by the FO is to bait Miami into a trade where we can still get Richardson

Think Shaun Alexander people
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:07 am

jb wrote:
mistero wrote:Yes, you nailed it. Mediocrity. (mooning)

I have, have you?

An interception machine with accuracy issues is a prototype WCO QB?

He's a mobile DA to me.

The other guys are OK. Get me more of them. We missed the boat on fixing the QB for now.

To me Tannehill = Prolonged Mitigated Pain.

He's like a kick in the balls that you bargain with God to get spread out over a two year span.

He's probably got more hope than Colteca McWallace, but he's gonna end up pissing on your grave.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 pm

mistero wrote: Tannehill is prototypical WCO QB.

Not to pick on mistero, but exactly WTF does that mean? Seriously. I thought Colt was the protypical WCO QB. Then people tell me the Packers run the WCO and Rodgers is exactly the type of QB you want.

What skills does a WCO QB need that other NFL QBs do not? I can't think of any. Does it even matter?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby mistero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 am

WCO QB needs to be accurate, above all. Needs to understand complicated schemes. Needs to be mobile and able to throw rolling left or right. Does not need to have big arm. Does not need to hit the +15 yard pass on a consistant basis.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Not to pick on mistero, but exactly WTF does that mean? Seriously. I thought Colt was the protypical WCO QB. Then people tell me the Packers run the WCO and Rodgers is exactly the type of QB you want.

What skills does a WCO QB need that other NFL QBs do not? I can't think of any. Does it even matter?

Back when Colt was accurate, he WAS pretty spot on for the WCO. smallish sure, but if dude was as accurate as he was in college no one would be talking about his noodle arm IMO. His accuracy seemed to nosedive between his rookie and 2nd season, due in no small part to the turnstiles on the right side of the line. But you gotta deal with that sometimes in the NFL.

Rodgers did in 2009-2010. Ben was murdered at times this season. It certainly isnt a Browns only issue.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 am

mistero wrote:WCO QB needs to be accurate, above all.

So what's that got to do with Tannehill?
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:53 am

Hikohadon wrote:
mistero wrote:WCO QB needs to be accurate, above all.

So what's that got to do with Tannehill?

Well, if we had Tannehill Harrison would have to propel himself a tad bit higher to concuss him.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:02 am

Excellent point. McCoy's ball placment was abysmal on many occasions last year. Combination of new offense, lack of tutleage, mediocre wide receivers running new routes, play calling, no running game, general suck on his part, poor protection, lack of confidence in his arm, shit, any number of things.

It would not surprise me if he rose to 'meh' levels again this season. Better than last year and just good enough to muddy the waters for some.

JCoz wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Back when Colt was accurate, he WAS pretty spot on for the WCO. smallish sure, but if dude was as accurate as he was in college no one would be talking about his noodle arm IMO. His accuracy seemed to nosedive between his rookie and 2nd season, due in no small part to the turnstiles on the right side of the line. But you gotta deal with that sometimes in the NFL.

Rodgers did in 2009-2010. Ben was murdered at times this season. It certainly isnt a Browns only issue.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

mistero wrote:WCO QB needs to be accurate, above all. Needs to understand complicated schemes. Needs to be mobile and able to throw rolling left or right. Does not need to have big arm. Does not need to hit the +15 yard pass on a consistant basis.

Christ on a pony, that's the opposite of the Tannyhill I watched and the INT's on his record.

Big arm, big athlete, not a polished QB.

Again, the only common denominator I find in QB prospects is that guys that throw picks in college fail.
jb

Unread postby mistero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 am

Peyton Manning
1996 380 243 63.9 3287 12INT 20TD
1997 477 287 60.37 3819 11INT 37TD

Drew Brees
1998 Purdue Big Ten QB 361 569 63.4 3983 7.0 6.8 39TD 20INT 137.8
1999 Purdue Big Ten QB 337 554 60.8 3909 7.1 7.0 25TD 12INT 130.7
2000 Purdue Big Ten SR QB 286 473 60.5 3393 7.2 7.0 24TD 12INT 132.4

Ryan Tannehill
2011 327 531 3744 61.6 7.05 79 29TD 15INT 9 133.2
2010 152 234 1638 65.0 7.00 64 13TD 6INT 12 137.0
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 am

peeker643 wrote:It would not surprise me if he rose to 'meh' levels again this season. Better than last year and just good enough to muddy the waters for some.

This is by far the worst and most dangerous part about not replacing Colt this offseason.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 pm

mistero wrote:Peyton Manning
1996 380 243 63.9 3287 12INT 20TD
1997 477 287 60.37 3819 11INT 37TD

Drew Brees
1998 Purdue Big Ten QB 361 569 63.4 3983 7.0 6.8 39TD 20INT 137.8
1999 Purdue Big Ten QB 337 554 60.8 3909 7.1 7.0 25TD 12INT 130.7
2000 Purdue Big Ten SR QB 286 473 60.5 3393 7.2 7.0 24TD 12INT 132.4

Ryan Tannehill
2011 327 531 3744 61.6 7.05 79 29TD 15INT 9 133.2
2010 152 234 1638 65.0 7.00 64 13TD 6INT 12 137.0

Ohhhhh... STATS!

While we're at it, can we also get Graham Harrell's stats? Colt Brennan? Andre Ware? Almost any QB that gets drafted?

I will continue to believe what my eyes tell me, not numbers.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:It would not surprise me if he rose to 'meh' levels again this season. Better than last year and just good enough to muddy the waters for some.

This is by far the worst and most dangerous part about not replacing Colt this offseason.

Definitely it is. If there are all these people still grinding the "Give Colt a chance" axes, imagine what it'll be like if he's somewhat better and the team goes 7-9.

Hopefully our FO won't buy into fool's gold the way that Denver's didn't, but I see no reason to get my hopes up.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mistero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah I'm not big into stats either. That was directed to JB and his INT comment.
I think Tannehill passes the eye test for what a franchise QB looks like. That's what's most important to me.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm

mistero wrote:Yeah I'm not big into stats either. That was directed to JB and his INT comment.
I think Tannehill passes the eye test for what a franchise QB looks like. That's what's most important to me.

Fair enough. My impression is also based upon what I've seen, but I can admit that it's too small a sample size to feel 100% certain in my assertions. I just like what I've seen from Weeden better, and he can be had lower (solely b/c of his age). To me, that's win-win.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm

mistero wrote:Yeah I'm not big into stats either. That was directed to JB and his INT comment.

Tannyhill throws gawd awful picks. I stand by my take.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:50 pm

mistero wrote:WCO QB needs to be accurate, above all. Needs to understand complicated schemes. Needs to be mobile and able to throw rolling left or right. Does not need to have big arm. Does not need to hit the +15 yard pass on a consistant basis.

Can you site examples of the successful WC QBs you've seen that did not consistently hit +15 yard passes?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Brush up on those 6th and 7th round prospects... we have 3 of each now due to compensatory picks.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Ziner wrote:Brush up on those 6th and 7th round prospects... we have 3 of each now due to compensatory picks.

Seems Meh to some but those provide alot of flexibility for phil to move around a bit as neccessary in the mid rounds like 4-5.

Still gotta hit what you take, but it allows you to get the guy you wanted.
JCoz

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:46 pm

JCoz wrote:
Ziner wrote:Brush up on those 6th and 7th round prospects... we have 3 of each now due to compensatory picks.

Seems Meh to some but those provide alot of flexibility for phil to move around a bit as neccessary in the mid rounds like 4-5.

Not saying you didnt know this and it doesnt take away from your point, but compensatory picks can not be traded... I didnt know that until MKC tweeted it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Ziner wrote:
JCoz wrote:

Not saying you didnt know this and it doesnt take away from your point, but compensatory picks can not be traded... I didnt know that until MKC tweeted it.

Did not know that.

Still allows them to trade their own but yah, learned something. Why shouldn't you be able to trade these?
JCoz

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 pm

I have no idea, my first thought was the same as yours. Bundle up some 4's and 6's to get in the 3rd, etc. Not sure why they give them to you only to not let you use them in any manor you choose.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL