Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm

.....to back up Cam.

Would you be interested in a trade for Jim Clausen? ....say a 4th round pick for him or all three of our Qbs?

I know Clausen never impressed...but that should make him a good fit. :hide:
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:26 pm

pod2dawg wrote:.....to back up Cam.

Would you be interested in a trade for Jim Clausen? ....say a 4th round pick for him or all three of our Qbs?

I know Clausen never impressed...but that should make him a good fit. :hide:


Obviously Wake Forest is the University of Detroit of the ACC

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:56 pm

WTF is Carolina going to do with FOUR quality running backs and Tebow.

Geezes christ they are crazy.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:.....to back up Cam.

Would you be interested in a trade for Jim Clausen? ....say a 4th round pick for him or all three of our Qbs?

I know Clausen never impressed...but that should make him a good fit. :hide:


Obviously Wake Forest is the University of Detroit of the ACC

:hide:



lol. not quite peek 92% grad rate . The T A's have PHd's. Real school. Real pain.

Plus Wake didn't win their conference like Detroit did.

this was a "satire comprehension" situation. ;)
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 pm

pod2dawg wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:.....to back up Cam.

Would you be interested in a trade for Jim Clausen? ....say a 4th round pick for him or all three of our Qbs?

I know Clausen never impressed...but that should make him a good fit. :hide:


Obviously Wake Forest is the University of Detroit of the ACC

:hide:



lol. not quite peek 92% grad rate . The T A's have PHd's. Real school. Real pain.

Plus Wake didn't win their conference like Detroit did.

this was a "satire comprehension" situation. ;)


I invented satire and sarcasm and couldn't get into University of Detroit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:I invented satire and sarcasm and couldn't get into University of Detroit.


did CDT invent being an asshole?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Triple-S wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I invented satire and sarcasm and couldn't get into University of Detroit.


did CDT invent being an asshole?


No. That was Ted Kennedy.

But CDT perfected it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 am

Uhhhhhh, no.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:16 am

pod2dawg wrote:.....to back up Cam.

Would you be interested in a trade for Jim Clausen? ....say a 4th round pick for him or all three of our Qbs?



Yes, but for a 7th. No higher. They are going to cut him anyway.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Ahhh , yes because you are wise and have an open mind.....well and realize we really have nothing to lose taking a look at Clausen.

He did have a terrible first year with the Panthers, but the team was in shambles then, Fox had his eyes on the door. Clausen is 6' 2" 222
threw < 55%, 3 td & 9 picks. He needs work, but he needs a fresh start as much.

Agreed a 7th rounder. Otherwise its the new flavor Tanney which is now a top 10 pick or wee willy weeden.
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Ahhh , yes because you are wise and have an open mind.....well and realize we really have nothing to lose taking a look at Clausen.

He did have a terrible first year with the Panthers, but the team was in shambles then, Fox had his eyes on the door. Clausen is 6' 2" 222
threw < 55%, 3 td & 9 picks. He needs work, but he needs a fresh start as much.

Agreed a 7th rounder. Otherwise its the new flavor Tanney which is now a top 10 pick or wee willy weeden.


If your plan is to try and go 0-16 and garner the number 1 overall than this sounds like a good idea. Otherwise, not so much.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:Ahhh , yes because you are wise and have an open mind.....well and realize we really have nothing to lose taking a look at Clausen.

He did have a terrible first year with the Panthers, but the team was in shambles then, Fox had his eyes on the door. Clausen is 6' 2" 222
threw < 55%, 3 td & 9 picks. He needs work, but he needs a fresh start as much.

Agreed a 7th rounder. Otherwise its the new flavor Tanney which is now a top 10 pick or wee willy weeden.


If your plan is to try and go 0-16 and garner the number 1 overall than this sounds like a good idea. Otherwise, not so much.


Not to mention the fact, if you're going to pick up a guy that blows, at least get one that's not a cocky jerk-off.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: If Tebow goes to Carolina...

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 am

One of the great travesties in life was that no one had their cell phones out and recording when that guy decked him at the Notre Dame bar.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest