Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Carlos Carrasco update?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Carlos Carrasco update?

Unread postby Rusty Kuntz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 pm

New guy here, sorry for posting a new topic for my first post. I won't make a habit of starting new topics but I didn't see any where that this has been addressed yet.

Does anyone know the injury and recovery status of Currasco? I haven't seen any updates on him in a while.

I have mentally written-off Knapp but I still hope Currasco will be back.

Thanks

Russ
Rusty Kuntz

Favorite Player: Rusty Kuntz
Least Favorite Player: Lebron

Re: Carlos Currasco update?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Welcome aboard Rusty. Here's a little 1981 Topps action for ya:

I haven't heard a damn thing about Carlos CArrasco. I think he had the surgery around last June/July so it will be some months before there is any chance to see him. my guess is he won't make an appearance before September call-ups at the earliest. That is if we see him at all in Cleveland.

It's a damn shame because he was lights out last June before he went down for the count.

I wouldn't give up on Knapp quite yet either.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Rusty Kuntz wrote:New guy here, sorry for posting a new topic for my first post. I won't make a habit of starting new topics but I didn't see any where that this has been addressed yet.

Does anyone know the injury and recovery status of Currasco? I haven't seen any updates on him in a while.

I have mentally written-off Knapp but I still hope Currasco will be back.

Thanks

Russ

Per Jordan Bastian- http://atmlb.com/GCBCbv

Carrasco has been in uniform and working through a throwing program while his Indians teammates have been taking part in Spring Training. So far, so good for the right-hander in his comeback from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. Carrasco might be able to get into some kind of game action late this season, but Cleveland might have him miss the entire year if it makes the most sense for his recovery.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Carrasco had Tommy John last September and is probably out for the entire season. He's on the 60-day DL, which means he's off the 40-man roster.

I think I remember hearing that he started throwing off flat ground, but with the 12-15 month recovery for most guys, it's safe to say he probably won't appear in a game with the Indians until mid-September at the earliest. More than likely, not until 2013.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Carrasco had Tommy John last September and is probably out for the entire season. He's on the 60-day DL, which means he's off the 40-man roster.

I think I remember hearing that he started throwing off flat ground, but with the 12-15 month recovery for most guys, it's safe to say he probably won't appear in a game with the Indians until mid-September at the earliest. More than likely, not until 2013.

Thats right, it was September surgery wasn't it? I thought it might have been earlier.

Still, September call ups at the earliest, if then. It all depends on what they think is best for his rehab whether we wee him this year or next.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Rusty Kuntz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the update. For some reason I was thinking his Tommy John surgery was earlier like July and that if we were having a decent season that there could be some chance to see him in September. But since his surgery was in September I agree that there is very little chance we see him on the mound in Cleveland this year. Good to hear he is already starting a throwing program though.

Thanks for the baseball card photo and correcting my English spelling which stinks.
Rusty Kuntz

Favorite Player: Rusty Kuntz
Least Favorite Player: Lebron

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:40 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Thats right, it was September surgery wasn't it? I thought it might have been earlier.

They did what they do best with injuries. Dick around with them for a while and then decide that surgery is the best option.

Hadn't pitched since August 3rd. Had TJS on September 6.

I guess, in the case of Tommy John, it doesn't matter. But, with other injuries, they've tried to finagle some solution and lost an extra month or more instead of doing surgery right away.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:41 pm

No worries. Your english spelling is just fine for our purposes. And remember, take no shit from Peeker...he's as bald as the day is long. With a bum knee, or foot, or testicle, or something that recently required an MRI. He's not to be trusted.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 pm

motherscratcher wrote:With a bum knee, or foot, or testicle, or something that recently required an MRI. He's not to be trusted.

I thought it was a cervical cancer screening.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 pm

I tripped over my testicles, twisted my knee and rolled my ankle while trying to pick up depressed chicks at the Cleveland Clinic Secret Cervical Cancer Screening Center for Ex-Models.

Assholes.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Re: Carlos Carrasco update?

Unread postby bookelly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 am

Don't forget that Car Car still has a suspension to serve out. 15 games? They may "activate" him at seasons end just so he can start next year fresh.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 am

bookelly wrote:Don't forget that Car Car still has a suspension to serve out. 15 games? They may "activate" him at seasons end just so he can start next year fresh.

Forgot about his little bitch move and suspension.

Hopefully they don't make a mockery of bringing him back just to serve the suspension, withouth him actually having legit ability to pitch.

That won't sit well.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:10 am

skatingtripods wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Thats right, it was September surgery wasn't it? I thought it might have been earlier.

They did what they do best with injuries. Dick around with them for a while and then decide that surgery is the best option.

Hadn't pitched since August 3rd. Had TJS on September 6.

I guess, in the case of Tommy John, it doesn't matter. But, with other injuries, they've tried to finagle some solution and lost an extra month or more instead of doing surgery right away.

Going under the knife, in any manner, isn't trivial, even with modern medicine. Generally it is something you want to avoid if at all possible, both for professional athletes and normal mopes like us. If there's a way to rehab an injury through other means, most athletes would opt for that path first, and rightly so. In many cases you have to give non surgical options a look-see before considering the more serious route of surgery.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Saw him working on his rehab last week. He was bouncing a weighted ball off a trampoline. At least he was in full uniform. That's actually further along in his rehab than I expected him to be...good sign for now.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Saw him working on his rehab last week. He was bouncing a weighted ball off a trampoline. At least he was in full uniform. That's actually further along in his rehab than I expected him to be...good sign for now.

At least his use of a trampoline went over better than Joba Chamberlain's.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB