Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

JTA's Players to Watch

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: 2012 Draft

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Sign me up for some of this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVoKjbx3QC4

Passed on LT for "Big Money"....based on what I see through my hazy lenses, this kid is the next LT.

Not saying at 4 but you have to get one of this group..Miller,James,Wilson...you can get the poor man's version later in Pead but Miller is the one.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

JTA's Players to Watch

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Jason will again profile the draft as it gets closer but figured I'd start a thread to warehouse some of the guys he'll be looking at and finds interesting/intriguing.

J. Askew @JasonA_TCF 36m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Browns fans- Miller exactly what this team needs. Pay special attention to the catch,burst,vision youtube.com/watch?v=ZVoKjb…

Watch Miller's feet in this clip:

"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: JTA's Players to Watch

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:40 pm

You can see all Miller has to offer in that youtube clip except one trait that I value just as much as his speed,burst, and vision.

If you want to see more of what I am talking about, watch some more clips on youtube that actually is a full game highlight. That is where you will see that he is one of those natural leg drivers.

He has the ability to keep his legs moving even when engaged in contact. He is not a "big" back but he runs with great leg drive and therefore gets solid yards after contact and breaks a lot of tackles because of it.

Another great thing about him is his age, being a redshirt SO means his frame will only get stronger as he enters his early 20s.

The last thing that is easy to notice is his ability to cut while at or near full speed. With the elite athletes on defense in the NFL, RBs who can change direction and not lose speed are in high demand and he is great at it.
jta1975

Unread postby Huge0126 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:54 pm

The Saints have three quality backs in Ingram, Thomas and Sproles. For a team that can throw the hell out of the ball, that's an impressive group of running backs. I'd love to get Miller, I just don't think he'll be there with our second first round pick.
Huge0126

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Huge0126 wrote:The Saints have three quality backs in Ingram, Thomas and Sproles. For a team that can throw the hell out of the ball, that's an impressive group of running backs. I'd love to get Miller, I just don't think he'll be there with our second first round pick.

I agree he might not be there at 20 something but when you start talking about things this team needs, you have to talk about the best options and that is what he is in my opinion.

Other than taking a QB at 4(RG3)you have to cover all options when it comes to the draft. Heckert is a draft worker not just a good early round player evaluator.
jta1975

Unread postby pup » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 am

The way the NFL is going, Trent Richardson might be there with our 2nd pick, let alone Miller.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mistero » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 am

I like Miller, Richardson then Pierce.

Miller has such great burst. I mean he has hyperdrive in the hole. Richardson is a great all around back, but Miller has the more freakish natural talent.

I just love Pierce's legs. The way his movement is decieving. The kid is all leg.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:10 pm

jta1975 wrote:Sign me up for some of this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVoKjbx3QC4

Passed on LT for "Big Money"....based on what I see through my hazy lenses, this kid is the next LT.

Not saying at 4 but you have to get one of this group..Miller,James,Wilson...you can get the poor man's version later in Pead but Miller is the one.

SD:

Bigger more powerful version of LT with more straightline speed .

Definate possibility with our atlanta pick which we might still have if we sign Flynn , but will most likely be gone if we have to package and move up for RG3 .

Really worth using a next year number two and this years second to move up and try and get him
late first early second .

We need a thumper at MLB and a safety from this draft , who you like later.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jta1975 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jta1975 wrote:Sign me up for some of this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVoKjbx3QC4

SD:

Bigger more powerful version of LT with more straightline speed .

Definate possibility with our atlanta pick which we might still have if we sign Flynn , but will most likely be gone if we have to package and move up for RG3 .

Really worth using a next year number two and this years second to move up and try and get him
late first early second .

We need a thumper at MLB and a safety from this draft , who you like later.

SoulDawg

If I am looking at some players rounds 3 and beyond I like at LB and safety they would be....

LB wise these are some of the players I like who will probably be picked after the second round They don't necessarily play MLB but they are bangers who bring it when they tackle.

LB Nigel Bradham Florida State Best suited for MLB or weakside underrated early in process..could climb in rankings.

DE/LB Shea McClellin Boise State...played weakside LB during senior bowl week and playeed well..think he can play any LB spot

LB/DE Brandon Lindsey Pitt...most people have him listed as a OLB in the 3-4 but I think he has the ability to play inside in the NFL...think he could transition much like LB Titus Brown who was a DE in college.

We need a safety who is good in the passing game so players I like at FS later in the draft are

Aaron Henry Wisconsin...fluid in coverage..still learning route concepts..sometimes a step late.

Janzen Jackson McNeese St. small school player who will get more respect as he gets exposure...also a bit light..want to see what his height/weight at combine comes in at.

Eddie Whitley VA Tech... underachiever of the bunch. has great ability doesn't always play like he is interested if he ever matches effort with ability could be a really good player
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:45 am

Another one to talk about.....

WR Devon Wylie...I think he has the ability to contribute to a team from the slot immediately. He isn't a "burner" but his quick twitch is incredible. He has elite lateral movement as well as start stop ability like a great point guard.

The first Video is kind of a bootleg but if you watch him operate from the slot you see exactly what I am talking about...He even makes DB fall down on what ends up being a simple out route.

Second video is from his early years and up through his junior year...it is a bit long but if you watch it you will see the quick twitch, and overall play making ability as well as him covering kicks like a mad man.

If the second one is too long to watch just watch the first 60 seconds and you will see the lateral movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd1fcWHEwlo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faqfXBtF50I

Here is the embedded video of the first link he is playing the slot after the punt return

jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 am

Another WR

Michael Floyd ND- Floyd was great early in his ND career but looked really sluggish his junior year. He trimmed down his senior year and regained some of his explosion.

Justin Blackmon deserves credit for being the beast he is but to be Floyd is the best in the draft (maybe Alshon Jeffery) when the ball is in the air. He is tracks the ball and makes fabulous catches look routine.

Motivation and distractions will be Floyd's biggest obstacle in the pros. If he stays motivated and isn't focused on the sauce he will be a really good to great pro.

Watch some of the concentration plays he makes,when he is dialed in he is special.

His combine measurables will be highly anticipated including his weight and 40 time.

jta1975

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

I personally like Floyd a lot... do you have to get him at 22, or is it possible he makes his way down to 37?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I personally like Floyd a lot... do you have to get him at 22, or is it possible he makes his way down to 37?

Depends.

How hung over will he be at the combine and pro day? Holmgren did draft Koren Robinson.

Add Chris Polk to any RB list.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:43 pm

I was a Floyd pimp for awhile

Then, imho, he quit and seemed to develop hands of stone

Whether at WR or RB, the Browns need someone with the speed and dependability to put the Fear of God in a defense....Floyd ain't that guy
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I personally like Floyd a lot... do you have to get him at 22, or is it possible he makes his way down to 37?

Depends.

How hung over will he be at the combine and pro day? Holmgren did draft Koren Robinson.

How many holes does your glass house have?

Personally, I always prefer selecting drunks and slackards since I can relate to them. Go get 'em rah-rah types...? They take shit too seriously.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

Depends.

He holds Cleveland athletes and board posters to higher standards than he sets for himself.

He's fatherly in that regard. ;-) ;) :wink:

When you get down to it and now that I think about that, though, I think we all do.

Shit.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Of course we do.

We all like to think that we're just a chromosome away from the Hall of Fame.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Of course we do.

We all like to think that we're just a chromosome away from the Hall of Fame.

You guys are so much farther away than that.

I just had a coach that hated me or I'd be in.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Feh....I was only 60 IQ points away from being a F-16 pilot...

....and I did and still do think I could have driven a F1 race car....I was only 8 million $ away from that

Life's a bitch....then you die
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

Depends.

Personally, I always prefer selecting drunks and slackards since I can relate to them. Go get 'em rah-rah types...? They take shit too seriously.

Well played, sir.

Remember Joe Montana as part of The Coffee Generation (TM) ?

Seriously, let's be clear about something. I am of age plus 20 years. I am not a high ability college athlete whose generational financial future is hanging in the balance in the next 36 months. If my fat white ass likes to get crunk on a weekend night watching Touristas, no big deal. If a Mike Floyd doesn't have the sense / dedication, that's a statement of a red flag.

My glass house is a multilevel old suburban home owned by the bank.

His is a mansion TBD.

Apples and lag bolts.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:41 pm

I guess a guy getting drunk in college (during the offseason, no less) doesn't raise a big red flag for me. I'm sure he's not the only player to do it, if he doesn't get caught (which 98% of them don't) we don't even notice.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I guess a guy getting drunk in college (during the offseason, no less) doesn't raise a big red flag for me. I'm sure he's not the only player to do it, if he doesn't get caught (which 98% of them don't) we don't even notice.

An NFL class guy getting drunk in college is no biggie, so long as it is after the game or off season an not more than weekly.

A guy getting caught once is usually no biggie, depending upon what he did.

A guy getting caught a second time a year later is starting to get the red flag unfurled when said guy has so much to lose and understands he is a potential top round pick and needs to stay in top condition and manage his rep for the draft.

A third offense in three years and it being a .19 DUI?

He's either got an issue or he's a dumb ass.

Hard to take either one in round one. It's a deep WR class. Pass.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:30 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I guess a guy getting drunk in college (during the offseason, no less) doesn't raise a big red flag for me. I'm sure he's not the only player to do it, if he doesn't get caught (which 98% of them don't) we don't even notice.

An NFL class guy getting drunk in college is no biggie, so long as it is after the game or off season an not more than weekly.

A guy getting caught a second time a year later is starting to get the red flag unfurled when said guy has so much to lose and understands he is a potential top round pick and needs to stay in top condition and manage his rep for the draft.

Once weekly? Day-um. I don't know where you went to college, but where I went even the Mormons got drunk more than once a week.

And alcohol was only one of a menagerie of substances we partook.

His first 2 alcohol related run-ins were for Underage Consumption, which, to me, is the equivalent of jaywalking or farting in an elevator.

The 3rd was the DUI, which is obviously more serious.

I still don't take him off the board for that. If he's markedly the better player at the spot you're picking, then you take him.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:

Once weekly? Day-um. I don't know where you went to college, but where I went even the Mormons got drunk more than once a week.

And alcohol was only one of a menagerie of substances we partook.

His first 2 alcohol related run-ins were for Underage Consumption, which, to me, is the equivalent of jaywalking or farting in an elevator.

The 3rd was the DUI, which is obviously more serious.

I still don't take him off the board for that. If he's markedly the better player at the spot you're picking, then you take him.

I think if you're going to blow a first round pick on a suspected douchebag, you just use that pick to get Djax from Philly. At least we KNOW he's a douchebag, and then you're assured of at least getting the first round talent. Last time we drafted the primadonna WR, we only got one year of talent and 5 years of assbagery.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:24 am

Good conversation on Floyd...the character concerns are warranted but at the end of the day the Browns first three picks last year had "character" red flags that included one being suspended an entire year,one gaining a criminal record, and one getting kicked off of a team....I will trust the organization's investigative work on these matters because I don't have a clue if Floyd can have a alcohol problem like Alex Boone and get it together once he gets to the NFL or if he will drink himself out of the league like Koren Robinson...he is one talented WR in the draft that needs to be discussed.
jta1975

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:32 am

First couple players we talked about were on offense...time to give the defense some love.

LSU CB Morris Claiborne is blessed with great length as well as strong muscle tone. He has a narrow waist with great hips...the thing you will notice right off the bat from the clip is his elite ball skills.

He uses great technique in both press man and off man coverage and has perfected the trail technique. Although Patrick Peterson is the better football players because of his ability with the ball in his hands and the superior physicality in which he plays the run....Claiborne is the better CB because he is more discipline in his technique.

The Browns used a ton of man coverage last year..watch Claiborne's ability to man handle some WRs once he gets his hands on them and pay attention to how long his arms look.

jta1975

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 am

I'm warming up to the idea of taking Claiborne, just because of how good he is, but I still don't like using two valuable assets (very high 1st round draft picks) on the same position. If the Browns don't get RG3, Claiborne would be #2 for me with Blackmon being #3. If they sit at 4 they're all but guaranteed to get one of these guys since either the Rams or Vikings will need/want Kalil. I love Blackmon but have him at 3 because without a good QB to get him the ball, he would not be as useful, though I do think he would be the perfect WCO receiver because he's bigger with great hands and runs precise routes as opposed to AJ Green whose taller and faster, but has a slighter frame.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Did you see the secondaries that made it to the playoffs this year?

Claiborne is fantastic, but if they use that pick on anyone who 1. Can't pass the football or 2. someone who can't get to the guy passing the football, well, then they are stone cold stupid.

NFL 2012.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 pm

In theory, having 2 great cover corners is supposed to help you get to the passer by allowing you to blitz the safeties.

This is just a theory, however.
Hikohadon

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Hikohadon wrote:In theory, having 2 great cover corners is supposed to help you get to the passer by allowing you to blitz the safeties.

That theory has expired.

How many great cover corners in the ENTIRE LEAGUE right now?

Again, off. line can legally hold, can't brush against a guy in the secondary, can't touch the QB, can't hit a guy too hard or your Goddelled.

Good chance the "shut down corner" will soon be extinct, or they'll be one or two freaks around tops.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:54 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:In theory, having 2 great cover corners is supposed to help you get to the passer by allowing you to blitz the safeties.

That theory has expired.

How many great cover corners in the ENTIRE LEAGUE right now?

Again, off. line can legally hold, can't brush against a guy in the secondary, can't touch the QB, can't hit a guy too hard or your Goddelled.

Good chance the "shut down corner" will soon be extinct, or they'll be one or two freaks around tops.

Not sure I completely agree it's "expired", although the concept that CB play has been somewhat relegated due to rules changes and offensive philosophy is valid.

I call it a "theory" b/c good luck convincing Jauron to blitz the safeties on a regular basis.
Hikohadon

Unread postby swerb » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 pm

leadpipe wrote:Did you see the secondaries that made it to the playoffs this year?

Claiborne is fantastic, but if they use that pick on anyone who 1. Can't pass the football or 2. someone who can't get to the guy passing the football, well, then they are stone cold stupid.

NFL 2012.

This.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jta1975 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Ok let's talk about 2 teamates for a bit...WRs Joe Adams and Jarius Wright both from Arkansas.

Adams is clearly better with the football in his hands and was the SEC special teams player of the year posting 4 returns for TDs this year. He averaged 14 yards a rush and had a 92 yard rushing TD this year....he isn't a very polished WR and will drop some balls from time to time (most will remember the drops against OSU in the Sugar Bowl)...He had a good senior bowl game but you also saw the drop he had...the type of player who makes big plays but has some drops but you usually get more big plays then drops.

Jarius Wright...I am anxious to see what his timed speed will be. They say he can break 4.3 so let's see. He is a better route runner and a bigger threat as a pure WR than Adams was in college. He averaged almost 18 yards a catch for his career and piled up 66 receptions for 1117 yards and 12 TDs this year compared to Adams 54 rec 652 yards and 3 TDs..

Most rate Adams higher because his ability with the ball but will Adams be the better NFL WR? Value is also an issue...if you had to take Adams with the Browns second round pick would you pull the trigger? Or would you wait and take Wright in the top of the 3rd or 4th?

Both are smaller in stature but both have angle breaking speed. When it is all said and done, Wright will probably have higher grades as a WR but Adams is slightly bigger and has special teams appeal. Who do you like better? Oh yeah, Tyler Wilson doens't come with either.

Wright clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyA_xTRlYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_3lL8jiKaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL6p9pcqPOI

Adams clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4BcGOk7NMA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtd2pNdsWUU

jta1975

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 am

My homer side really hopes we pick Chase Minnifield sometime past the third round. Any thoughts on him JTA?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:45 am

To me Chase is a player who's senior year hurt his cause more than helped. I was high on him after his junior year because he played lights out but his senior year was not good. He seemed to get scorched too many times and he often looked like his head wasn't in the game.

Come to find out he was playing all year with floating cartilage and missed the bowl game to have surgery because of it (also only lifted at combine).

As far as his CB skills, as you would expect with his dad being an all pro CB he is technically sound in all aspects of the position. He really does a good job using his hands and has super ball skills. 13 ints for his career show you that he rarely misses on a pick opportunity. He is also a willing tackler although he doesn't bring much pop he will usually get the job done.

The issues I have with him are his size 5-10 183lbs and his strength. He put up 7 reps at the combine which was the worst of any DB. That is a red flag to me, he should be able to put up more than that if he was putting his time in so I have to wonder why he couldn't put up more. For a point of reference, he and Buster Skrine are almost identical in size (5-10 186lbs) and Skrine put up 20 reps at the combine (Haden 18).

If we keep our picks I think you had the round correct I would take him in. At that point his potential makes him a value pick and at the very least he will be a good inside cover guy... I wouldn't take him before that because there are CBs I like more than him... if he had the athletic ability and power that Buster Skrine has he would be a top ten talent or actually...that CB would be Joe Haden :)
jta1975

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 am

jta1975 wrote:To me Chase is a player who's senior year hurt his cause more than helped. I was high on him after his junior year because he played lights out but his senior year was not good. He seemed to get scorched too many times and he often looked like his head wasn't in the game.

Come to find out he was playing all year with floating cartilage and missed the bowl game to have surgery because of it (also only lifted at combine).

As far as his CB skills, as you would expect with his dad being an all pro CB he is technically sound in all aspects of the position. He really does a good job using his hands and has super ball skills. 13 ints for his career show you that he rarely misses on a pick opportunity. He is also a willing tackler although he doesn't bring much pop he will usually get the job done.

The issues I have with him are his size 5-10 183lbs and his strength. He put up 7 reps at the combine which was the worst of any DB. That is a red flag to me, he should be able to put up more than that if he was putting his time in so I have to wonder why he couldn't put up more. For a point of reference, he and Buster Skrine are almost identical in size (5-10 186lbs) and Skrine put up 20 reps at the combine (Haden 18).

If we keep our picks I think you had the round correct I would take him in. At that point his potential makes him a value pick and at the very least he will be a good inside cover guy... I wouldn't take him before that because there are CBs I like more than him... if he had the athletic ability and power that Buster Skrine has he would be a top ten talent or actually...that CB would be Joe Haden :)

SD:

Rather go with Shrine and Patterson and find a safety who can hit cover and make plays, doubt Sheperd can convert into all that .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am

jta1975 wrote:is blessed with great length as well as strong muscle tone. He has a narrow waist with great hips...the thing you will notice right off the bat from the clip is his elite ball skills.

I need to meet this girl.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am

leadpipe wrote:Did you see the secondaries that made it to the playoffs this year?

NFL 2012.

The guy has to be there to take though....

Setting RG3 aside, would you take Tennehill at #4? Does Coples look like the real deal?

Personally I think "no" is the asnwer to both of those for me....
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

If you cannot/will not trade up for RG3, there should only be 1 plan.

Acquire assets to make yourself able to trade up next year.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:43 am

O.K. In 2010 if you watched many Ryan Mallet games in the first half of the year WR Greg Childs should have jumped off the screen at you. He was by far the best WR Mallet was throwing too and his most trusted target.

He blew out his patella tendon and missed the second half of 2010 and played most of 2011 with a hitch and not confident in the knee at all only hauling in about 20 balls.

It looks like he is back running and cutting at full speed and is regaining his confidence....somebody is going to get a steal when they pick him.

6-3 219lbs with a 34 1/8 arm length sub 4.5 and a 41 inch vertical

Check out this pro day article http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/35124492

This is him in 2010 having a dominate day.

jta1975

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 am

He does look impressive. What round is it thought that he'll get picked?
Hikohadon

Unread postby jta1975 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:30 am

Hikohadon wrote:He does look impressive. What round is it thought that he'll get picked?

Anytime injuries and lack of production is involved it is a tough call...if teams go off of the 2010 tape where he was catching 6 balls a game and had 6 TDs through 7.5 games he is a top 50 player...if they go off of his 21 catch 2011 season, he probably would be a 6/7th round pick if drafted at all.

I think rounds 3-5 sound about right...if he was one of the two 4th round picks we had it would be quite a steal in imo....if he goes before the 3rd I won't be shocked, he was really good before he got injured.
jta1975

Unread postby jb » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:40 am

jta1975 wrote:He blew out his patella tendon

Stopped reading here.

For a normal team? Maybe. Us? NFW. H'ee' blow out this one the other & probably get hoof & mouth decease, too.
jb

Unread postby jta1975 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Let's switch back to defense. SD you asked about LBs and this is one of the guys I mentioned.

Nigel Bradham 6-2 241lbs...4.6 forty...24 reps...explosive 37 in. vertical.

Bradham has all the characteristics you want int a LB...big,strong,fast,aggressive and he has a nose for the ball when it is on the ground or in the air. He plays on the edge between ferocious and felon but every defense can use an enforcer.

He has some consistency issues and technical issues (taking on blocks with wrong shoulder for one) or he would be ranked higher but he can probably be had in round 3 maybe 4 since we pick so high. He is a starter on most teams so he may not last until round 3....be happy if he ends up a Brown

jta1975

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

jta1975 wrote:Let's switch back to defense. SD you asked about LBs and this is one of the guys I mentioned.

Nigel Bradham 6-2 241lbs...4.6 forty...24 reps...explosive 37 in. vertical.

Bradham has all the characteristics you want int a LB...big,strong,fast,aggressive and he has a nose for the ball when it is on the ground or in the air. He plays on the edge between ferocious and felon but every defense can use an enforcer.

He has some consistency issues and technical issues (taking on blocks with wrong shoulder for one) or he would be ranked higher but he can probably be had in round 3 maybe 4 since we pick so high. He is a starter on most teams so he may not last until round 3....be happy if he ends up a Brown

SD:

FSU returned to a strong defensive unit , I'll take him , but I like that DB/ safety on that unit even better best since Deion.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 pm

jta1975 wrote:He plays on the edge between ferocious and felon....

That's a great line. I'm probably stealing that. Just tellin' ya now ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL