Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Tannehill FTW

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Tannehill FTW

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Well... what do you think?

The Browns need a QB. I'm sick of waiting for a QB. We need one now. Colt is obviously not the guy. There's no guarantee we will be able to land Barkley or the 2013 FOTM next year. Flynn will be expensive and just doesn't really excite me. Kolb make my asshole twitch.

I don't know who else. At least Tannehill has some tools. His ceiling seems much higher than any other option I can think of.

So, hop on the Tannehill bus, I guess. I'm driving.

Fuck
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Tannehill FTW

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Where? At 4? Or, say it with me, TRADE DOWN (with whom, BTW?)?

You know, fuck it, no Tannehill, a project w/ no clutch in him. :gah:
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:Where? At 4? Or, say it with me, TRADE DOWN (with whom, BTW?)?

You know, fuck it, no Tannehill, a project w/ no clutch in him. :gah:

"...no clutch in him."? Look, what the man does in the privacy of his own bedroom is his own business. All I car about is if he can play ball. And right now I see no other available option with his ceiling.

Our current option sucks. The guy we really want is gone. Maybe we should go get the next guy with the highest ceiling.

And yes, I'd prefer to trade down as I don't think he's worth the #4 pick. But, I'd take him at #4 if we couldn't trade down because I see nobody else there that "I just can't pass up."

But there has to be someone who has fallen in enough love with Blackmon or Claiborne to consider moving up.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 pm

How's Russell Wilson's arm?

being dead serious.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Triple-S wrote:How's Russell Wilson's arm?

being dead serious.

Still attached to his 5-11 frame...
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

That_Guy™ wrote:

being dead serious.

Still attached to his 5-11 frame...

I don't care.

If the guy can ball, the guy can ball. Ask Buffalo about benching Flutie in favor of Rob Johnson back in 99.

tired of being stuck with these noodle armed QB's with no accuracy.

I'm that desperate to be attached to any of these guys that are being talked about.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Govbarney » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Eh if you can get him at 37 , why not I guess.... If he is not around at 37 , then I take a flyer on kirk cousins in the 4th or 5th. 6 ft 3 , 3 yr starter, 5 yr senior, 63% CMP% , passed great in the combine, played in a pro-style offense and is acclimated to Midwest weather.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Govbarney wrote:Eh if you can get him at 37 , why not I guess.... If he is not around at 37 , then I take a flyer on kirk cousins in the 4th or 5th. 6 ft 3 , 3 yr starter, 5 yr senior, 63% CMP% , passed great in the combine, played in a pro-style offense and is acclimated to Midwest weather.

Watched Kirk Cousins for those three years, and for the life of me I can't understand why the hell anyone would draft him. The best thing I can say for him is he has to hold the collegiate record for having interceptions dropped.

Man, are we scrappin'. Ready to hold hope on Tanny, getting on the Russ Wilson train....what a disaster.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

We are now forced to fight over this list (in CBS Sportsline order, with the first 2 thrown out for obvious reasons):

3. Ryan Tannehill (11 overall rank, 1st rd grade)
4. Brandon Weeden (42 overall, 2nd rd grade)
5. Kirk Cousins (72 overall, 2nd/3rd rd grade)
6. Brock Osweiler (81 overall, 3rd rd grade)
7. Nick Foles (106 overall, 3rd/4th rd grade)
8. Ryan Lindley (SD State, 124, 4th)
9. BJ Coleman (Chattanooga, 170, 5th)
10. Russell Wilson (Wisconsin, 188, 5th/6th)
11. Austin Davis (So Miss, 204, 6th)
12. Kellen Moore (Boise, 223, 6th/7th)
13. Chandler Harnish (No Illinois, 264, 7th)
14. Case Keenum (Houston, 277, 7th)

Guess I'd feel best about Weeden at 36, despite his age. Haven't seen enough of the rest of them (except Wilson, Cousins, & Moore) to have an opinion.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Trade down but stay in the top 10 and draft Tannehill.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby pup » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Anyone know what Troy Smith is up to these days?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:31 am

Jesus Christ, Ryan fucking Tannehill? In the top 5/10, it's just bad business. Never heard of the guy before a month ago, didn't hear his name one time during the season, and oh he's only been a QB for less than 2 years. The draft is about value. You don't blow top 5 picks on pure raw projects. This isn't the NBA. Take BPA (Claiborne) or trade down. Blackmon isn't the answer. Tannehill definitely isn't the answer.

Browns just fucked themselves out of getting a franchise QB for the next 3-5 years. Definitely won't be Walrus making the decision next time.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 am

Last I was informed Troy was playing for the same team as Mo.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 am

JTA and I threw together a blog where we can warehouse some thoughts on some of these guys so we can both work/edit and get through the draft stuff.

Here's an entry on Tannehill and it's how we'll look at a lot of these potential candidates.

http://bit.ly/AcdATa

Honestly, this is within the last 24-36 hours so not much to the blog but the Tannehill post is there and we'll look at Weeden this week too.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 am

Beeeee-----uuuuuu-ti-fulllllll

Lets pass on paying "too much" for RG3.....instead, lets pay too much for Tannehill

JMFC............. :gah: :bunny: :pb: ::doh:: :bag: :tool: :fu: (mooning) :hic: :loadof:

fuck lerner

fuck hekert

fuck walrus

fuck the motherfuckingcockslurpingcleveland mother fucking browns
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:JTA and I threw together a blog where we can warehouse some thoughts on some of these guys so we can both work/edit and get through the draft stuff.

Here's an entry on Tannehill and it's how we'll look at a lot of these potential candidates.

http://bit.ly/AcdATa

Honestly, this is within the last 24-36 hours so not much to the blog but the Tannehill post is there and we'll look at Weeden this week too.

I watched that, and that was in lockstep with the other stuff I've seen from him so far.

Often throws the ball flat-footed, thus has issues with accuracy. Deep ball is OK, but very rarely the correct distance, usually a little underthrown or overthrown. Velocity is mediocre, but not when he actually steps into his throws.

And too many INT's. Threw a couple INT balls against NW, another couple against LSU (other game I just watched).

Not saying he's without merit or potential, that's clearly wrong. But, imho, not worthy of a #4 overall pick. A big reach at that spot.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:14 pm

I made the mistake of watching RG3 in the Baylor/TCU game right after the Tannehill highlights... I don't recommend doing that, especially if you've just eaten.

And watched some Osweiler... could've sworn it was DA out there, what with the ball spraying all over the place.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Watched a couple Weeden games - much better QB prospect than Tannehill from what I've seen. No mechanical flaws, good accuracy, throws really nice slants. I'm sure he'd be higher than Tannehill on boards if not for his age. But if you want to win now, he's the best of the 2012 guys I've seen (outside of Luck & RG3, of course).

Drawbacks - Big 12 Offense. 28 years old.

I'd be fine with him at 36... if he can give us 5 good years, that's 5 more good years than anyone else has given us.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

being dead serious.

SD:

Great arm super on field and locker room presence great field general clutch baller but hes a smurf.

and I'd rather use a third on him knowing I'm gonna upgrade soon as possible than waste a pick ob tanny Foles or Osweiler .

Sign Flynn add a football player like Wilson and take some swings .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Watched a couple Weeden games - much better QB prospect than Tannehill from what I've seen. No mechanical flaws, good accuracy, throws really nice slants. I'm sure he'd be higher than Tannehill on boards if not for his age. But if you want to win now, he's the best of the 2012 guys I've seen (outside of Luck & RG3, of course).

Drawbacks - Big 12 Offense. 28 years old.

I'd be fine with him at 36... if he can give us 5 good years, that's 5 more good years than anyone else has given us.

SD:

Hes 137 years old , the only thing you could spend on a guy eligible to collect social security before he drew his first NFL game check is that extra fourth from Atlanta

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Beeeee-----uuuuuu-ti-fulllllll

Lets pass on paying "too much" for RG3.....instead, lets pay too much for Tannehill

JMFC............. :gah: :bunny: :pb: ::doh:: :bag: :tool: :fu: (mooning) :hic: :loadof:

fuck lerner

fuck hekert

fuck walrus

fuck the motherfuckingcockslurpingcleveland mother fucking browns

SD:

The sixth best QB in next years draft is better than tanneyhill foles or Osweiler , the only QB's left in this draft are the two smurfs and Moores arm is worse than McCoy's while wilson is only 5 '10.5" tough as a cut nail with an arm , but your drafting Seneca II with a better attitude , so you essentially exchanging place holdes..

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:56 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Hes 137 years old , the only thing you could spend on a guy eligible to collect social security before he drew his first NFL game check is that extra fourth from Atlanta

SoulDawg

That is the major drawback, yes.

If he were 22, where would you take him? I'd think he'd be in the Top 10 conversation, and clearly ahead of Tanny. Size, arm strength, accuracy, leadership... it's all there.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I made the mistake of watching RG3 in the Baylor/TCU game right after the Tannehill highlights... I don't recommend doing that, especially if you've just eaten.

And watched some Osweiler... could've sworn it was DA out there, what with the ball spraying all over the place.

One of the single best collegian athlete performances ever. Not your smartest call.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Hes 137 years old , the only thing you could spend on a guy eligible to collect social security before he drew his first NFL game check is that extra fourth from Atlanta

SoulDawg

If he were 22, where would you take him? I'd think he'd be in the Top 10 conversation, and clearly ahead of Tanny. Size, arm strength, accuracy, leadership... it's all there.

SD:

Think of 22 as being a new car and 27 being a seven year older beater with 120,000 k
would you even think about paying the same price , let alone fork over the same jack .

In three years your 22 year old will be 25 have about 36,000 miles on him and ready for a new set of tires and plenty of service as its been prorly broke in , where as your 29 year old with 120 l will have over 150K tand the transmission engine and suspension will all have play leaks and sway while the paint will show dull chips rust fade and failure as it will be ten years old yet your still making the same payments on this wreck , when you could have had a new one for the same money .

We are 100 % fucked outta QB in this draft 100% fucked.

We got one shot left and thats to over pay for Flynn and add a project , there are no players left.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:52 pm

If we're gonna use the car analogy, Weeden is a car that sat in some old lady's garage for years and has as many miles on re-sale as the certified used cars that are the 22 year olds.

McNabb is a car with 120,000 miles and needs a new transmission. Weeden is probably a 50,000 mile car that will probably only require minimum repairs for the next 4-5 years.

But the question was: Where would you take Weeden IF he were 22?
Hikohadon

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

SoulDawg

That's what Kiper says, but he, err, ISN'T 22, so he ISN'T Top 10.

Hey, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle! :bunny:
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:01 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

SoulDawg

My point is that I'm not sure I'd cry if they got a Top 10 talent in the 2nd round, even if he had less years ahead of him than average.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

SoulDawg

My point is that I'm not sure I'd cry if they got a Top 10 talent in the 2nd round, even if he had less years ahead of him than average.

SD:

He had top ten stats , but he's nobodies top ten talent , so don't get sucked in y the hype .

Think of Harrell who wasn't drafted similar stats in the same system same school .

It was the wide open range of offense vs poor defense .

In the bowl games watch him watch the rush , a tendency old guys pick up as those aches and pains don't rub of as easily as when your young .

Can't see this guy making plays under NFL contact .

He's not going to get better , he's peaked and on the down hill slide and hasn't yet played a down .

4th round project with the falcon pick is value.

Thats a gimme either way you can afford to blow.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

SoulDawg

Does he start right away? If yes, I'd think about it, though I share SD's concern about him being a "system guy." If he's not a starter right away, what's the point?
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby jerryroche » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Weeden's only 28? What's the big deal? If he's got the goods, he'll be able to help the Browns for the next six years, at least. And if the team isn't in the AFC Finals by then, I may as well just die and save myself from another couple of decades of frustration.

Back in '29, I was told, "With age comes wisdom." I now know that to be a fact.

Grab Weeden at #22.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Wild Thang
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:14 pm

only way you sell me on Weeden is if you draft Blackmon at 4.

Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Well get used to the Weeden talk. They like him. They said as much. I've got my rationale in the Wrap. But suffice it to say people just make me laugh.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:Well get used to the Weeden talk. They like him. They said as much. I've got my rationale in the Wrap. But suffice it to say people just make me laugh.

Good points in that article.

I think there's gonna be a transitional period until a lot of people get past "If he's not RG3, he's crap!"
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Why blow a pick on Tanny or the Weed. The team still has major holes, and its not like we would have won the SB next yr if we drafted Rg3 or luck anyway. Fill the holes at the other positions , stick with colt, and wait a year or two for a QB prospect who doesn't make you gag at the thought of him touching Alex Mack's ass. b/c I guerrentee you unless the Myians' where right, RG3 and Andrew Luck won't be 'the last franchise quarterbacks '.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Xukuth » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Hell, I'd like to see them take Osweiler just to be able to laugh at James Harrison when he has to jump to nail the guys chin.
"Well....I suppose if this were any other team, I might find the whole thing funny. In fact if this were any other team I might just fuckin'DIElaughin'!!!"
Xukuth

Favorite Player: Ry Cooder
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pass

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 am

Xukuth wrote:Hell, I'd like to see them take Osweiler just to be able to laugh at James Harrison when he has to jump to nail the guys chin.

On one hand... yeah. On the other... DA.

Just put a sniper in the Club Section and take Harrison out that way. Saves a draft pick.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Last I was informed Troy was playing for the same team as Mo.

Inform urself he's on Pittsburghs roster. ;-)
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Govbarney wrote:Eh if you can get him at 37 , why not I guess.... If he is not around at 37 , then I take a flyer on kirk cousins in the 4th or 5th. 6 ft 3 , 3 yr starter, 5 yr senior, 63% CMP% , passed great in the combine, played in a pro-style offense and is acclimated to Midwest weather.

Watched Kirk Cousins for those three years, and for the life of me I can't understand why the hell anyone would draft him. The best thing I can say for him is he has to hold the collegiate record for having interceptions dropped.

Man, are we scrappin'. Ready to hold hope on Tanny, getting on the Russ Wilson train....what a disaster.

Clearly better then the old man we drafted.
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Govbarney wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Who gives a fuck? You draft him, you just waste MORE years before you realize he can't win a SB.

Edit - now realizing you're talking Cousins, not Tanny. Prob the same thing, but he does look damn sharp today.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Govbarney wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Who gives a fuck? You draft him, you just waste MORE years before you realize he can't win a SB.

Edit - now realizing you're talking Cousins, not Tanny. Prob the same thing, but he does look damn sharp today.

I said it back in April and il say it again, Kirks a decent QB prospect. Another aspect to look at is how bad MSU was this year without him
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Govbarney wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Govbarney wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

I said it back in April and il say it again, Kirks a decent QB prospect. Another aspect to look at is how bad MSU was this year without him

If you think the Browns gameplanned for Kirk Cousins.....

This happens all the time - it's gotten many a back-up zillion dollar contracts.

Then the guy plays 3 games in a row, people get the book, and Kirk will be throwing interceptions Weedin' style.

By the way did you SEE the guy they replaced him with? Statue of Libery is more mobile.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

The Browns helped net Scott Mitchell a huge contract oh so many years ago too
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm

What needs to be taken away from today's game regarding Cousins/Weeden is that peeker's argument all along holds at least some merit. Cousins can very easily look like crap from here on out, or at least not look this good once prepared for. But he didn't do anything complicated today, he just looked sharp, on time, and decisive. Weeden in his 14th start did not, he looked like the 4th round pick who got his first start in week 14.

Weeden has done enough to earn his second year, but today was plainly obvious (as much as any game of the season) of where he needs to be early next season via significant progress, at least in terms of being on time, much more accurate and not so predictable. Our WRs are no longer such bottom feeders to take the fall for our QBs failings week in and week out.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 pm

This game isn't nearly so much about Cousins' first start as Weeden's 14th.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Hikohadon wrote:This game isn't nearly so much about Cousins' first start as Weeden's 14th.

Or Shur's 30th
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL