Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

MBs offense

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

MBs offense

Unread postby scott » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

"there is growing concern among some Lakers players as to whether first-year coach Mike Brown and his staff have the X-and-O wherewithal to fix a Lakers offense that is averaging its lowest per-game point total (94) since before the advent of the 24-second shot clock in 1954-55."

from ESPN. Too lazy to link the article.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Re: MBs offense

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:08 pm

They scored 101 points against the Wizards last night. What's the problem?

Seriously, when are the Lakers going to break down and cough up their #1 pick for Ramon Sessions? Last night they started 37-year-old Derrick Fisher at point guard. He's averaging 5.5 pts and 3.4 assists this year. He had a scoring explosion with 9 points against the Wizards.

Steve Blake is Fisher's backup. The 32-year-old Blake has scored 3 points in his last 70 minutes.

I'm not sure how you can draw up the X's and O's to work around that point guard situation.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not sure how Mike Brown could possibly be dumb enough to infer it was Kobe's shot selection and then reasonably expect to have a job in 6 months.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Lakers:Mike Brown::Browns:Paddy SHUR MUR

7 Days til trade deadline.....
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Prosecutor wrote:They scored 101 points against the Wizards last night. What's the problem?

Seriously, when are the Lakers going to break down and cough up their #1 pick for Ramon Sessions? Last night they started 37-year-old Derrick Fisher at point guard. He's averaging 5.5 pts and 3.4 assists this year. He had a scoring explosion with 9 points against the Wizards.

Steve Blake is Fisher's backup. The 32-year-old Blake has scored 3 points in his last 70 minutes.

I'm not sure how you can draw up the X's and O's to work around that point guard situation.

Far from MB's worst point guard situation.

That would've been Eric Snow and whomever in the wide world of sports couldn't start over Eric Snow. Nothing like old Eric dribbling out top, and having 5 defenders within 8 feet of the cup.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 am

leadpipe wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:They scored 101 points against the Wizards last night. What's the problem?

That would've been Eric Snow and whomever in the wide world of sports couldn't start over Eric Snow. Nothing like old Eric dribbling out top, and having 5 defenders within 8 feet of the cup.

Thing I remember most about Eric Snow is the airballs, a lotta fuckin airballs.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 am

leadpipe wrote:

You are seriously underrating Snow. Sure the defense packed it in a little and his shooting was somewhat below average, but you are forgetting how good Snow was at using his off hand in one of those "everyone calm down, I am in charge" type motions while pounding the ball for 14 seconds. As a fan I found this really reassuring that my PG was in control.

I was going to say he was lucky more guys didn't pick him while he was calming the situation, however my guess is they were too far away.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 am

dmiles wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

You are seriously underrating Snow. Sure the defense packed it in a little and his shooting was somewhat below average, but you are forgetting how good Snow was at using his off hand in one of those "everyone calm down, I am in charge" type motions while pounding the ball for 14 seconds. As a fan I found this really reassuring that my PG was in control.

I was going to say he was lucky more guys didn't pick him while he was calming the situation, however my guess is they were too far away.

Nice
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:25 am

LMFAO!!!!!!
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:10 am

Those were lob passes where the big man missed the signal.

If consecutive losses to Detroit and the Wizards doesn't make the Lakers come up with an offer for Sessions, I don't know what will.

The Lake Show is 17-2 at home, 6-14 on the road. What's up with that?

Finally, Jesse Lamovsky came up with a nickname for Alonzo Gee in his column on the Denver game.

The Alabama Slamma.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Prosecutor wrote:

Those were lob passes where the big man missed the signal.

Maybe the missed signals were his...

dmiles wrote:using his off hand in one of those "everyone calm down, I am in charge" type motions while pounding the ball
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA