Text Size

College Sports Arena

Oregon NCAA findings (FTM among them looks like)

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Oregon NCAA findings (FTM among them looks like)

Unread postby JCoz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 am

There that went

http://www.registerguard.com/web/updates/27666543-55/ncaa-ducks-oregon-recruiting-department.html.csp

Tweets

Rob Moseley ‏ @DuckFootball Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
UO released documents this afternoon suggesting the AD and NCAA are in agreement Ducks violated recruiting regulations between 2008-11.
Retweeted by Clay Travis
24m George Schroeder ‏ @GeorgeSchroeder Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Oregon "exceeded the permissible limit of coaches" recruiting "by one" in 09-11. Probable reference to Will Lyles there.
Retweeted by The_BBC
25m George Schroeder ‏ @GeorgeSchroeder Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Oregon athletic department "failed to adequately monitor" fb program's use of recruiting/scouting services
Retweeted by The_BBC
26m George Schroeder ‏ @GeorgeSchroeder Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
NCAA, Oregon agree school used "at least three" scouting/recruiting services that "did not conform" to NCAA rules.
Retweeted by The_BBC
27m George Schroeder ‏ @GeorgeSchroeder Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Oregon releases 2 heavily redacted drafts of "proposed findings of violations" from NCAA.
Retweeted by The_BBC
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Oregon NCAA findings (FTM among them looks like)

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 am

I really, really, really, hate BUCKEYE NATION.

The overall reaction to this, the shit like pretending that Greg Doyle has a point while shunning him for the last year because he just hates OSU, all of it is disgusting.

Most annoying fan-base ever.

I'm fairly certain the concept of "circumstantial evidence" <--- Chip v. "on-record lying" <--- Tress is far too complex for BUCKEYE NATION to wrap their heads around.

I hope PSU and Oregon play in an NC game in the next five years just to watch the lemmings run themselves off of cliffs.

Oregon is going to be punished and their punishment will be in line with what they were actually caught doing. They'll pay a similar to OSU style slap on the program wrist and keep their coach... meh.

The bitching and moaning is already starting on every single OSU centered platform I read.....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I really, really, really, hate BUCKEYE NATION.

The overall reaction to this, the shit like pretending that Greg Doyle has a point while shunning him for the last year because he just hates OSU, all of it is disgusting.

I'm fairly certain the concept of "circumstantial evidence" <--- Chip v. "on-record lying" <--- Tress is far too complex for BUCKEYE NATION to wrap their heads around.

I hope PSU and Oregon play in an NC game in the next five years just to watch the lemmings run themselves off of cliffs.

Oregon is going to be punished and their punishment will be in line with what they were actually caught doing. They'll pay a similar to OSU style slap on the program wrist and keep their coach... meh.

The bitching and moaning is already starting on every single OSU centered platform I read.....

Come on dude. You are chasing ghosts just to chase them at this point.

Paying a guy (at least $25K) to obviously influence recruits is, to use your terminology --------> Tatgate+Cover-up+Bobby D with $100 handshakes to current players. It just is.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Oregon NCAA findings (FTM among them Aclike)

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:00 am

Actually, he is implying that since Tressel was dead to rights on lying to the NCAA that his penalty should be more severe (unless I am reading it wrong). If that is the case, then it is a dumb argument.

If a guy gets caught by the police in the act of raping a person then his actions are no more severe than the guy that is caught on DNA and injuries. The acts are the same, the strength of the state's case against either party is and should not be considered in the penalty phase. For all you PC types out there that are saying that I am comparing rape to NCAA violations calm down, it is an analogy on crime and sentencing. FTR Rape >>>> than NCAA violations regardless of how much press each receives.

As for Kelly and what Oregon should get.... it is hard to compare it to tOSU. If OSU just had TATGATE going for it then the two cases would be similar, and I would classify Oregon's infractions as being >>> than Tatgate. tOSU had the gift of Bobby D, which clinched the FTM and really dragged this melodrama out and I think significantly impacted the penalty phase. Oregon has none of that against it and therefore, will get off slightly better than tOSU. Although, I think that if the Ducks keep Kelly employed then they should pay a significantly higher price. He didn't just lie, he created a lousy Watergate style cover up.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm

No, I am implying that after reading four message boards and three different websites OSU NATION is crying non-stop because it looks like Kelly is going to keep his job and Tress didn't. They are crying to hard it has reached a point where fucking Greg Doyle is being cited as in the right.

My point is Tress got caught, red handed, with written proof linking him to infractions. All of the evidence against Kelly is circumstantial. Thus Kelly keeps his job and JT lost his. If you are accused of rape and there is no hard evidence linking YOU you don't go to jail, it is that simple.

JT lost his job because he got caught red handed, Kelly will keep his because the links to him personally actually committing violations are not very indicative of anything. Both programs will end up with roughly the same program level punishments.

OSU Nation needs to STFU and walk away.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 pm

There is a lot of hard evidence linking Kelly to this scandal and he should lose his job. He is OJ Simpson guilty, his DNA is all over it. Difference is that Tressel is caught on video, but they are both CLEARLY guilty of not only infractions but varying degrees of coverups. If you ask me, Kelly's cover up is significantly worse because it was so overt. Tressel, not minimizing his actions here, signed a paper... he did not make a call and ask for bogus materials to cover up the infractions. He signed a paper lying.

Doyel is a tool, his article made some sense and had some decent points, but he is still Greg Fucking Doyle. These guys need to go back and reread some of the stupid shit he wrote last summer and fall.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No, I am implying that after reading four message boards and three different websites OSU NATION is crying non-stop because it looks like Kelly is going to keep his job and Tress didn't. They are crying to hard it has reached a point where fucking Greg Doyle is being cited as in the right.

My point is Tress got caught, red handed, with written proof linking him to infractions. All of the evidence against Kelly is circumstantial. Thus Kelly keeps his job and JT lost his. If you are accused of rape and there is no hard evidence linking YOU you don't go to jail, it is that simple.

JT lost his job because he got caught red handed, Kelly will keep his because the links to him personally actually committing violations are not very indicative of anything. Both programs will end up with roughly the same program level punishments.

OSU Nation needs to STFU and walk away.

FWIW, there is some pretty fucking compelling evidence here. Enough to convict in the court of law. You have the testimony of his co-conspirator corroborated via email, phone call, cancelled check and physical materials (the subpoena'd 2011 recruiting prospectus).

Reread the articles.... the links are indicative of plenty.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Love you man and I fully believe Chip is guilty, but following the links does nothing. There is no single piece of evidence with Chip's name on it and the people coming at him all have several agendas to protect.

I think Chip is guilty as sin. I think the evidence is far less stacked against him then it was JT and his emails confirming breaking rules.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Rumors circulating now that the Ducks are about to get cooked.

USC like penalties if the rumors are true:
-2 year bowl ban
-30 scholarship reduction over 3 years (10 per year)
-4 years of probation.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:31 am

Now it is coming out that the ESPN source of the rumors got them off a message board (not joking) so please proceed disregard. I thought ESPN had higher standards than that; I was wrong.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am

furls wrote:Now it is coming out that the ESPN source of the rumors got them off a message board (not joking) so please proceed disregard. I thought ESPN had higher standards than that; I was wrong.

Why?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 am

motherscratcher wrote:
furls wrote:Now it is coming out that the ESPN source of the rumors got them off a message board (not joking) so please proceed disregard. I thought ESPN had higher standards than that; I was wrong.

Why?

I know, in rereading that statement I feel foolish.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Who in their right cotton-pickin' mind is lamenting the demise of Tress for Meyer?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:04 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:OSU Nation needs to STFU and fall on their knees and thank God a mediocre on-field head coach was replaced by the best in the business over the last decade.

Fixed.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:26 pm

jb wrote:

Who in their right cotton-pickin' mind is lamenting the demise of Tress for Meyer?

No one I know.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to College Sports Arena