Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

TT DD XXX

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

TT DD XXX

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Tristan Thompson, double double last night.

5-9 from the field.
3-4 at the line.
13 points.
10 boards. 4 def, 6 off.
27 minutes
season-to-date..... 7 points per game, 6 rebounds per game - - 19 minutes/game.

"Up to" 44% from the field now.

Numbers on the surface are equal or better than Enis Kanter (5ppg and 5 rebounds/game - 15 minutes/game, shooting 46% from the field) and roughly equal Derick Williams (8ppg and 4 reboungs/game - 19 minutes/game, shooting 46% from the field).
Last edited by YahooFanChicago on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: TT DD

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Obviously this couldn't have gone in any of the 75 threads where I have argued against fucks about TT, needed it's own.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:08 pm

I like the thread title.

I wanted to give you the clear opportunity to say that this is the "stupidest thread ever created" vs just the "stupidest post ever"

Wanted to see the "quiting this forum forever, serious this time" post

Extra impressed with your quick reply and new interest in forum decorum. Nice!

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:26 pm

It's only once or twice a week you see that the last post in this forum was from someone other than Pros, so I was excited to see what was up.

I got more TT drivel.... SMH
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm

If he'd have just started the thread with:

"In the open, but not unexpectedly fraught, spaces between Tristan Thompson's double-digit points and rebounds, with goosey fingers and hammery rasp, Austin Carr sat us down and explained, through familiar means, why the Cavaliers mattered to him—and vice versa."

...you'd have eaten that shit up.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm

^ reads much better, that is certain
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm

bow down to da Hoody Hoo...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Oh and can we wait for another couple anecdotes before we post another thread? How about a 10 game anecdote...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Although it's gratifying to discover that I'm not the only Cavs fan who doesn't think TT is an absolute POS, black hole, no discernable basketball skills, waste of a roster spot, I think this topic has been beat to death for the moment.

There's 34 games left. TT looks like he's trending up after recovering from the ankle injury, with three DD's in his last four games. I'm just going to watch the rest of the season play out and see if he continues to progress. No need to get excited over a 13 and 10; he's done it before.

It's been reported that the Cavs are being flooded with calls two weeks before the trade deadline. If Jamison is dealt, TT's minutes will increase which might accelerate his development, just on the off chance he's capable of making any.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Hey dumb-fuck, most people said he is bound to be a defensive presence off the bench and that he can't survive without an offensive center. You are the only fuck making ridiculous statements about him turning into Rodman/Ben Wallace
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Let me just echo^, while pointing out a team playing Semih Erden and Luuuuuuke Harangody is stomping the Knicks.
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Orenthal wrote:Let me just echo^, while pointing out a team playing Semih Erden and Luuuuuuke Harangody is stomping the Knicks.

You was saying huh
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Orenthal wrote:Let me just echo^, while pointing out a team playing Semih Erden and Luuuuuuke Harangody is stomping the Knicks.

What channel ya watching, OJ? My cable must be effed up ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm

pup wrote:

You was saying huh

Are regression to the mean! Love it.
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:

What channel ya watching, OJ? My cable must be effed up ;-) ;) :wink:

Entertaining then step away and get the proper result. They grew alot these last two nights. :partyers:
Orenthal

Re: TT DD XXX

Unread postby Prosecutor » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 am

Cavs up by 12 at halftime then get outscored 71-42 in the second half. That's what happens sometimes when you're playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road against a team that's been resting for six days.

The fact that the Knicks have won 9 of their last 12 coming in also had something to do with it. And getting Baron Davis back. And where did that Novak guy come from?

I hate the Cavs starting lineup. It's painful to watch Erden, Casspi, and Parker on the floor at the same time. Erden was pathetic tonight. Between him and Hollins I never saw two guys so tall that were such weak finishers at the rim. TT keeps getting minutes at center because Byron can't stand Erden, Hollins, or Samuels either. AV's injury is definitely moving the Cavs up in the draft. Trading Sessions and Jamison will move them up even more. Time to get it done.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Another decent night for TT and we get the loss which helps too.

I think the XXX next to the DD helps with the thread traffic...lot's of lurkers and board regulars seeing that and checking out the thread to see if there are some titays. :salute:

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:Another decent night for TT and we get the loss which helps too.

I think the XXX next to the DD helps with the thread traffic...lot's of lurkers and board regulars seeing that and checking out the thread to see if there are some titays. :salute:

Yeah, I was trying to Google some nice breastesis (TT DD XXX) and I was re-routed to some forum about some Cavs rookie that shoots 44% from the field (shots <6 feet), 45% on 10 foot unguarded gimmies from straight out (free throws), and averages a whopping 7 points and 6 boards. Now I'm not even 'in the mood' to see any TT DD XXX's. :gah:
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm

SMH!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Five losses in a row; keep em coming. Right now they have the 8th worst record and this is when the schedule starts turning into a grind. Cavs had to be one of the teams with the least amount of games played and I know they still have their back-to-back-to-back stretch coming up in April. Things are falling into place, the goal should be a top 3 pick; top 5 at worst.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 am

What's TT been doing? I haven't seen the games and have neglected to read the box scores, which I'm sure would tell me how much progress he's making instead of actually seeing it on the court.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 pm

....... a night of 7 and 11 while shooting 23% from the field and 50% from the line should sum up this weekend for TT
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:....... a night of 7 and 11 while shooting 23% from the field and 50% from the line should sum up this weekend for TT

Dude can jump outta the gym....
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Let's just extrapolate anecdotes all season long. :thumb up:
Orenthal

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 pm

TT had an abysmal game against the Wizards with 0 points in 18 minutes in a game the Cavs lost by 3. In fact, the entire bench sucked, with TT, Boobie, Samuels, and Casspi combining to go 1-for-20.

The bench was depleted by the promotion of Gee and Hollins to the starting lineup replacing Casspi and Erden. I've been complaining about the starting lineup and finally Scott had enough, too. I like this starting lineup better, until Andy gets back, but it leaves the bench without anybody who can create his own shot except for Sessions.

The five starters combined for a +44 while the five reserves combined for -59. Sessions was the only guy off the bench who did anything, and he didn't have a great game with only one assist.

TT got a couple of shots cleanly blocked while he was attempting a two-hand dunk. He needs to learn how to protect the ball while drawing contact, then finishing. He thinks he can just power dunk it, but he's not in college anymore.

The Cavs now have 13 wins, 8th worst in the league. Four teams have 12 wins, so they have a legitimate chance of ending up with the 4th worst record, especially if they move Sessions.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Was at the Cavs/Wiz game on Saturday, and spent half the night yelling about how worthless Ryan Hollins was, and tweeting at rich......until i realized that half of the time I was complaining it was actually TT getting his shot rejected constantly. Bad game for the kid.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:15 pm

The Cavs, with 13 wins, are in better shape then I thought for getting a top 4 pick.

Toronto, New Jersey, and Detroit have 12 wins but are playing better lately, all going 4-6 in their last 10 games. If they can keep winning 3 or 4 out of 10 they should pass the Cavs in wins.

Sacramento has 12 wins with a home record of 8-6 and a road record of 4-19. Since they've played only 14 games at home and 23 on the road, they're in good shape to get more wins than the Cavs the rest of the year.

Even New Orleans at 9-28 has won 5 of their last 10, so they have a shot at passing the Cavs, which would mean the Cavs end up with the 3rd worst record.

They'll be a better team when Andy gets back but I'm hoping they've traded Sessions and Jamison by then so they'll still lose a high percentage of the time. They've lost five in a row, including games to New Orleans and Washington, so if management is now convinced the playoffs are out of the question they might be more inclined to move some players.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA