Text Size

No Holds Barred

Muslims Allowed to Attack People Insulting Mohammad

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Muslims Allowed to Attack People Insulting Mohammad

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:43 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslim ... 00330.html

There has to be more to this...right?

Judge Mark Martin, an Iraq war veteran and a convert to Islam, threw the case out in what appears to be an invocation of Sharia law.

The incident occurred at the Mechanicsburg, Pa., Halloween parade where Ernie Perce, an atheist activist, marched as a zombie Muhammad. Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim, attacked Perce, and he was arrested by police.

Judge Martin threw the case out on the grounds that Elbayomy was obligated to attack Perce because of his culture and religion. Judge Martin stated that the First Amendment of the Constitution does not permit people to provoke other people. He also called Perce, the plaintiff in the case, a "doofus." In effect, Perce was the perpetrator of the assault, in Judge Martin's view, and Elbayomy the innocent. The Sharia law that the Muslim attacker followed trumped the First Amendment.

I mean...sure the guy was probably a doofus. But is it now OK to attack people for being dumb? Cause if so, I'm taking the next month off of work to hand down a number of beatdowns that are looooong overdue.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Muslims Allowed to Attack People Insulting Mohammad

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm

No, there is nothing more to it. This is what we've become in our new PC world.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm

http://jonathanturley.org/2012/02/24/pennsylvania-judge-throws-out-charge-for-harassing-atheist-while-calling-the-victim-a-doofus/

^The link from the yahoo story.

-The "application of Sharia law" stuff from yahoo was a fabricated layer of stupidity. That isn't happening here.

-If you watch the video in that link, the guy who was "assaulted" was clearly an enormous douche, and the "assault" didn't seem to consist of anything more than the guy grabbing at the douche's stupid sign.

-It might have been shitty judging, but in that situation I can see wanting to tell the guy to STFU and go away, no matter the convoluted logic it took to get me there.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Can't wait for the judge to get smacked down by the appeallate courts and state ethics commission.

Judge Martin stated that the First Amendment of the Constitution does not permit people to provoke other people.

The Supreme Court says otherwise. Those assbags from Westboro get to keep picketing soldiers' funerals, after all.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 pm

HoodooMan wrote:http://jonathanturley.org/2012/02/24/pennsylvania-judge-throws-out-charge-for-harassing-atheist-while-calling-the-victim-a-doofus/

^The link from the yahoo story.

-The "application of Sharia law" stuff from yahoo was a fabricated layer of stupidity. That isn't happening here.

-If you watch the video in that link, the guy who was "assaulted" was clearly an enormous douche, and the "assault" didn't seem to consist of anything more than the guy grabbing at the douche's stupid sign.

-It might have been shitty judging, but in that situation I can see wanting to tell the guy to STFU and go away, no matter the convoluted logic it took to get me there.

From the article you linked, a quote from the judge in the courtroom during the hearing:
I don’t think you’re aware, Sir, there’s a big difference between how Americans practice Christianity – I understand you’re an atheist – but see Islam is not just a religion. It’s their culture, their culture, their very essence, their very being. They pray five times a day toward Mecca. To be a good Muslim before you die, you have to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, unless you’re otherwise told you cannot because you’re too ill, too elderly, whatever, but you must make the attempt. Their greeting is ‘Salam alaikum, wa-laikum as-Salam,’ uh, ‘May God be with you.’

Whenever it is very common, their language, when they’re speaking to each other, it’s very common for them to say, uh, Allah willing, this will happen. It’s, they’re so immersed in it. And what you’ve done is, you’ve completely trashed their essence, their being. They find it very, very, very offensive. I’m a Muslim. I find it offensive. I find what’s on the other side of this [sign] very offensive.

Again, just because the guy was dressed like zombie Muhammad and acting like a "douche", why does that make it ok to go after him? Can I go up to a car with a bumper sticker that I don't agree with and remove it, even though that isn't me "assulting" the person that has it? There are plenty of people I'd like to smack upside the head for being a douche, but that doesn't mean I can just walk up to Peeker and hit him.

To me, it seems like the judge is throwing out the case because he finds the insult to Islam to be offensive. Basing that on his words, and his words only. Doesn't seem to make sense, and certinaly doesn't seem to be legal grounds for dismissal. Like exiled says, I think most of us would like to beat the piss out of the Westboro maniacs, but the Supreme Court has held that their speech is protected.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm Red Team for an attack on Disney World. :thumb up:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 pm

gotribe31 wrote:To me, it seems like the judge is throwing out the case because he finds the insult to Islam to be offensive. Basing that on his words, and his words only. Doesn't seem to make sense, and certinaly doesn't seem to be legal grounds for dismissal.

Maybe. But the actual charge was apparently "harassment." I don't know what all that entails, but when all the evidence you have is the two guys' testimony, I could see that breaking down to a case of "Who's the Asshole?" in determining who was harassing whom, in which someone's offensive behavior would be relevant to the case.

Just guessing at this point. Mostly, I just wanted to point out that the incendiary APPLICATION OF SHARIA LAW nonsense was just yahoo being stupid.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:17 pm

I agree it should have never seen a courtroom, but a Muslim judge stating he is Muslim directly to the court then dropping a controversial ruling in favor of the Muslim assailant, that's stinks like some serious WTF.

Allah willing of course.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog